Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Walked this morning and I did SBF D25 Band Mini Target for Posture + Bounce and Stretch Single Song by the Police.

I will be back to read everyones post.

Reactions: WD
Oh wow - new month!

This morning I did GHUTV - Pyramid power 7 - Single sided strength. Great moves in this workout - all with only 1 dumbell.

Today I did CDorner Low Impact no equipment that she did this morning, 41 minutes, 80's and 90's music although I kind of think some of the tunes were older and it was fun. Heart rate 150/180, 259 calories, 3,549 steps. I also did CDorner Lower Body Butt for Balance and Core, 39 minutes( I skipped the final moves that were for inner thighs with arm balances as my shoulders were aching) heart rate 96/138, calories 102, 420 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 361 calories, 3,969 steps. There was some balancing moves at the end of the low impact cardio today as well. I rushed this morning instead of drinking a couple of cups of coffee as I wanted to go into town to get some things at Walmart before the storms hit. Boy, they said 1:00 thunderstorms and I left at 10 till from the store and caught the downpour before I got home. Glad I did not have far to drive. Water was flowing down our street. With all of the building we have mud out in the streets and all over. It looks like rain is forecast into next week too. I hope not much as I have appointments to hit and it is not close.

Lower Body and Butt for Balance and Core 45 minutes Chris uses 20's and a 30# dumbbell
uses the pink pink fabric band, dumbbells for the standing work segments are done for 1 minute on timer except those where she does 30 seconds on each side
Band work
wearing band above knees
squat /lift 1 foot off floor balance hold alternating sides
hinge from hip tapping back balance back to standing 1 foot
same foot tap hinge up tap cross back
repeat other foot for the two moves
lateral cross walk raise leg hold then move to other side alternating
final band move is a 1 leg balance hold 1 leg 30 sec then the other 30 sec

weights
1 20# db (I dropped to 15)dumbbell held at chest reverse lunge knee up push leg back and balance hold
1 20# db held at chest just extend leg out in front and balance hold then repeat other leg
20's I used 15's single leg dead lift back to stand and hamstring curl
1 heavy 30# (me 20#DB) plie squat hold calf raise hold (this is done 3 times in the 1 minute time)
At 25 minutes she moves to the floor on a mat
no weight here or bands
bird dog cross leg over and knee to elbow
bird dog hold and lift leg behind pulsing
bird dog hold and flex foot and curl leg
repeat on other side
inner thigh was 3 moves for inner thighs, but when she showed balancing on one arm to lift the leg I decided it was a no. She did say if it bothered your arm not to lift up off the floor, but when you do that you cut off a lot of the benefit for the move imo.
I had to take breaks on the bird dog hold as my shoulder was not happy.

Belinda, nice work this morning.

Doreen, that is great that you found a workout with good moves that you like. It is always nice when you only need one dumbbell for a workout.

Debbie, I hope that your foot is better today.

Hi all,

My foot is almost 100% but last minute things happened this morning so I had to get in a quick workout. I decided to try my Max Trainer and did the programmed one on the machine called Stairs. It was tough and I certainly can tell it's been a while since I've been on here. I was right, though, this thing really made my triceps hurt. I'm wondering if that was the cause of all that pain I experienced? After the workout I stretched them out really good and they feel ok right now. Weird.

Workout was 16 minutes. burned 60 calories (MT said 136 - my FB sucks), went .44 miles and did 1113 steps. HR 81/194.

Belinda - I read what you said to Diane about Vital Proteins, is it that bad? I know they aren't vegan but it really helps my knees. I never even thought about that not being vegan!! I'm just afraid of not taking it and then having my knees hurt again. What else can I take for that? What do you take? Any collagen products?

I don't have time for other personals, so I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Good morning,

Walk outside is done. Perfect weather for a walk today. DH and I will check on DD's condo shortly. So there was a possible tornado that swept through parts of Arlington and DC last night. I also need to water DD's plants.

I will do SBF later this afternoon.

Debbie - I stopped eating/drinking everything with animal products to see if I can reverse some of my autoimmune problems. Listen to The China Study makes a lot of sense. My DD pointed it out to me. I have a ton of Vital Proteins siting in my pantry. If it helps you take it. It didn't do anything for my arthritis or knees. Sorry I can't help you on the proteins.

Got a run.

Today I did part of CDorner's No Jumping Cardio Workout Sweat Fest, Low Impact from yesterday. Great workout but the bottom of my foot started hurting again about 30 minutes into the workout so I stopped early. I really liked it and and music, I will do it again next week and finish it to see how the rest of it was. Fun moves. My foot is feeling better, but lots of walking aggravates it.

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 209 calories, did 3055 steps and HR was 118/170. My FB is nuts. Yesterday my HR didn't get above 84 doing stairs on one of the most hardest machines I've ever worked out on and today with low impact I get my HR up to 170. WTF?? And I don't think it ever actually got that high. I wasn't doing any high impact with this (which I usually do if I can) so my HR could not have gotten that high.

Got rid of my weight bench yesterday and I feel so relieved to get rid of some of this stuff. Sort of feel sad about it, but I love having so much space now. Silly to keep things we don't use anymore.

Diane - Wasn't that low impact workout fun? I really liked most of the music in it. I still want to do the most recent kickboxing workout. Hopefully next week I'll be back to it. Great job with your workouts yesterday!

Roselyn - Hope you are feeling better today. Summer colds can be brutal.

Belinda - Makes sense about the VP. I need to do some research and see if I can take anything else for knee pain. Marine Collagen is supposed to be one of the best collagens that can actually rebuild our collagen. I hate that its seafood though. I also take fish oils and now I'm wondering about that as well.

Jolie - I hear it's hard to get appliances right now, not sure why? I hope you get your new refrigerator soon.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Have a great weekend. I probably won't workout now until July 5. My DH is off on Monday and we are probably going somewhere for the day. God Bless America!!!

Today I did CDorner Step Areobics Basic Intermediate workout from 1 day ago. I am guessing this is one she did later in the day. 43 minutes, heart rate 150/175, 274 calories, 3,792 steps. This one was easy choreography. I was not that thrilled with the music, but that is okay. It had no jumping in it. I also did CDorner Cardio Mobility and 15 minutes of a mobility stretch, 45 minutes for both, 80 calories, heart rate 84/114, 329 steps. Total time 88 minutes, 354 calories, 4,121 steps.
We went to a local nursery and I picked up a new hydrangea plant as the one I had died after that long hard freeze. Also finally found some basil plants. I keep buying tiny things of fresh basil for recipes.

Debbie, are you going full vegan? I would think the fish oil and marine collagen would be safe. Those things are good for joints and are purified as long as you are using good quality. You could switch from fish oil to flax oil and others like oil of primrose although those are not utilized as well as fish oil. I just ordered some Norwegian fish oil liquid as I have not taken fish oil in awhile. My joints all over are starting to flare up. Not the knees though. Wrists, toes, fingers, elbows and neck and shoulders. I have been using collagen for several years. I sorry your foot is still bothering you. That workout was a fun one that you did today. You will probably be glad after awhile when that you got rid of those items that you really do not use. I keep wondering if I will be able to use some of mine with this arthritis worsening as it is. I have a lot of kettlebells. I cart stability balls and med balls out to the hall way so I don't trip over them. I was looking at my 20# Cathe vest thinking I will probably never use it again after buying the two lighter more comfortable ones. The 20# one has been sitting in a closet for over a year. It just hit the closet floor when we moved. I just cannot imagine 20# sliding around on my shoulders anymore.

Roselyn, I hope that cold goes away soon.

Belinda, I can always tell the difference when I quit using collagen. Sometimes I am good for a little while and then everything starts up again. Just like the fish oil which I have not taken for quite awhile. All of those supplements are costly. I chose the brand recommended on the American Heart Association. Partly because my doctors verified that rheumatoid arthritis is probably the cause of the artery plaque. This really upset me as I have always been careful of what I eat. I did decide a low carb diet with lots of coconut oil was not for me though. So, we learn what our bodies need as we go. I had a green bean and walnut salad with an egg on top that is from my Fix it With Food cookbook for dinner. I made it yesterday, but subbed some chicken breast for the egg. I have been making a lot of the anti-inflammatory recipes from this book. It sure cuts down on protein in the macros if I don't use protein powder though. Great that you got in your walk. I hope there is no damage at your daughter's condo if a tornado went through.

Diane - I can't say I'm going full vegan, I still eat chicken at times and I still love hamburgers on the grill although I have been making my own black bean burgers most of the time. I'd like to go full vegan, but I just don't know if it's feasible. I just want to be healthy and avoid cancer at all costs and I believe 100% that a plant based diet is the way to go. I'm glad to hear that collagen might be ok to use, I sure do notice a difference when I don't. The fish oil I'm not so sure about. Can't say I've noticed anything different while takin it. I have a few weighted vests I can get rid of. And many other things. I only have one stability ball, one med ball and only one set of kettlebells.

Debbie - maybe try McDougall, MD., Dr. Campbell and Dr.Caldwell Esselstyn websites. Those 3 chanced the way I eat now. They all have lots of free articles on their sites about animal proteins (collagens) why it's so bad for our bodies. The China Study covered collagens, the Atkins diet and fish. The link I posted for Diane about The China study, not sure if it covers collagens I know it cover animal proteins in the article. Maybe you can read through it. I will see what I find on FOK for you.

I read research and blog posts here with Colin Champ who is a doctor and Cancer researcher that believes diet as well as how we live are important. https://colinchamp.com/ Still I think everyone has to be careful because so much is put out there to appeal to certain people and to give notoriety of some other gain. He has some books, there are youtube videos, and blog posts. We have to be careful of what types of fats and meats we eat and vegetables are important. Kind of like a good Paleo diet should be a plate with primarily fresh cooked vegetables. Fish is the better meat source. I am a skeptic for most stuff. Common sense on what to eat and leaving out packaged garbage is probably the best way to eat.

Belinda, I did look at that link that described the China study. Interesting. Our country is so full of people that spend a lot of time eating fast food and pop in the oven things. I think it has gotten better for some, but food pyramid guidelines are just plain stupid. We have different needs depending on activity, health, etc. It seems each country has a bit different lifestyle and diet. Like Japan, I have read has a problem with overconsuming salt.
I hope that the diet works for you and Debbie and will be happy if I hear you are getting great results with it. Oh, and Adkin's is a poor choice in my opinion. Worse than some of the others and consuming lots of cheese, eggs, and diet sweeteners seems unhealthy to me. Cheese and eggs are okay occasionally, but I do not eat them often. I personally try to avoid too much cholesterol and am usually way under as I do not eat much meat. I do have some guilt with using protein powder because I don't want to cook extra meals. I really do think protein powder is probably not the healthiest way to nutrition. Adding collagen though does help me. Anyway, just thoughts as there is a big industry out there for food supplements. I try to limit protein bars as just an occasional treat and those are usually collagen bars like bullet proof or vital proteins. Probably safer to make my own, but then I would consume too much.

Last edited:
Good Morning,

We are spending the weekend moving a lot of stuff we don’t need like our two couches and stands anything that isn’t totally necessary to live. Most of my workou stuff is already at the other house we just need help moving the treadmill and spin bike, I just kept a few things here to start BB new 645 workout. Today I am going to pack a lot of my makeup just keeping the new BH Cosmetics Paris Pallet and 1 foundation,blush,bronzer and highlighter plus a few lip products so my bathroom will be almost cleaned out.DH has painted almost the entire inside and I think the washer and dryer get delivered this week.

Debbie-I bought the new Colourpop collection with the flowers on it and the BH Paris palette we will see how they apply.

Belind—I hope you get something figured out you have had a long battle with your ears.

I have been MIA the last two days but I have been super busy. I got in a 2 mile walk yesterday, nothing great but at least I made time to get something done for my workout. Today I did Cathe's new live workout #351 Intense Upper Body and I really liked it. It wasn't too intense because I did not lift my usual weights, I am keeping it lighter weights for now. Workout was 50 minutes but I added AB exercises at the end because I have not given my ABS much attention lately. Total workout time was 60 minutes and I burned 421 calories. Heart rate was 117 over 168, that seems high right? I will be doing this one again, it is slower paced and you do one body part 2 times round each Giant Set. The average rep range is x 12 reps or x 16 reps.

I have to go back and read all of your posts from the last two days so I know what is going on with all of you ladies. What are your plans for the 4th of July? I am going down to the beach really early for a long 5 mile walk and then no other plans. Maybe we will go to Laguna Beach and go out to a late lunch or something.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Hi,

I walked with DH and Cooper this morning. Than I did SBF workout. I been cleaning out my mudroom. I like how it looks.

Roxie - good luck with your move. Doesn't it. feel good to get rid of unwanted stuff? I am constantly going through my stuff. I still have way too much. Thank you! I have my share with ear infections or that is what I thought. I am going a different route, I went vegan to reverse some of my problems. I just hate taking all those medications. I want to get off of it.

Jolie - wished I could go to the beach for the 4th of July too. Enjoy! Great job on your workouts, girl.

Diane - I will follow the FOK plan for at least another 6 or more month to see if it really changes anything. I just want to get off all those medications and reverse all my autoimmune disease. I thought I eat a healthy diet before I went vegan. Once you on the eating plan, I realized how unhealthy I actually ate. I wasn't eating the standard American diet. I am German, I didn't grew up eating hamburgers and fries. we live in the US for almost 10 years, I have never got used to all the fast food around. Sorry, I actually hate hamburgers, I rather ate a piece of meat instead. I also never got the donuts or sweets here in the US. I loved cheese and olive oil. The low carb, high protein diet back fired on me. If you read The China Study you know why. It makes so much sense why I had such a hard time to lose weigh I gained while we live in the US. I used to love eating eggs. The more I read about food and what it does to your body/heath the more I don't want to consume it even fish. I hear you on not wanting to cook. I feel like I cook daily, lol. On the planner they do have a weekend prep. I haven't made use of it yet. I still have lots of meat in my freezer, originally DH said he wanted to eat the meat. He eats everything I eat, lol. DD converted to a vegan diet after cooking for me on Mother's Day. She at very little meat. I am trying for my DS and DIL to eat less meat. They don't have to give up meat like I did just eat less. The China Study covers supplements too, that is why I completely stopped eating all those things. If I wasn't diagnosed with RP I probably would never went on a whole food, plant based diet. Have you watched seaspiracy? You should watch it. Fish is high in mercury and god knows what. Not very healthy. I used to love fish. I don't eat anything progressed, no protein bars. I make everything from scratch. My body seems to like it.

Debbie - if the collagens is helping you take it. You already on a plant based diet a little animal protein isn't going to kill you. I only I stopped eating all of animal products because I want to reverse RP. I honestly the vital protein never done anything for me. It was easy for me just not to take it.

Good night.

Good evening - I took yesterday off, busy day as we had friends over for dinner so I needed to start work early.

Today I did 35 mintues of the CDoerner step that she did by the pool. Easy to follow. Then I went for a bike ride with my son. 1hour and 20 minutes of climbing and then 40 minutes to drop back down to the parking lot. My legs were toast!!

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #127,Int/ Adv. , she says that it has music tracks about America. I really did not notice much other than the first one which was Neil Diamond. I wish she didn't mess up so much as I would be getting it down and she would mess up and stop. This was 62 minutes, 302 calories, heart rate 131/162, 5,547 steps. I followed this with her full body 15 minute deep stretch which she used a chair for a lot of. This was 25 calories heart rate 77/100. Total time was 77 minutes, 327 calories, 5,547 steps.
Afterward I rearranged my workout space so that I think it will give me more room. I was waiting on the lawn guy to come and he did not mow today because the corner of our yard is so wet from all of the rain and his equipment is not handling it. He will come tomorrow morning.
We went to lunch and to get plant stuff. This afternoon I pulled up some plants and got it ready so we could put a hydrangea in and planted some basil for cooking.

Belinda, I totally understand why you are going complete vegan because if it helps that would be wonderful. You have a lot of reasons to want to do it. I love cheese too, but too much dairy and my system seems to get too acidic and I end up with terrible reflux. I eat it once in awhile, but that is it.

Jolie, nice job getting in workouts even though you have been really busy.

Roxie, that is wonderful that you are getting things moved and the house all ready.

Doreen, nice work today with CDorner and the bike ride.

Good Mornin,

Moving stuff today yesterday we went to the lake and not knowing we were going to to that I put my new BH Meet Me In Paris eyeshadow on and let me tell you that is some good stuff I jumped in the water several times and it was still on when we left the lake. I have never had one last that long.

Diane-it’s fun getting it ready but so much to do like curtains and where do you buy those, bedding for the second bed wall colors where to put everything all the lititle detail.

Last edited:
Good morning,

DH and I walked 2.5 miles this morning. I also did SBF stretching.

I will catch up on personals later.

Happy 4th of July! Stay safe!

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my plant based nachos :) DH and I made today. So delicious! Took us almost 2 hours to make it. It was very time consuming but worst it. I am glad DH wanted to help. The next time I would cut the plant based crema and plant based cheese sauce in half. Add more jalapeños. Can't wait for the oven brick pizza tonight. And NO we didn't drink the wine. DH thought it would look good in the picture, lol! BTW, its good wine :)

Attachments

• Nachos.jpg
    Nachos.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9
This morning I did just the warm up and 5 minutes of a Low Impact C Dorner to get moving and then I did CDorner mobility stretch for flexibility and some moves for the trap area added on. This ended up being 117 calories total and I spent 45 minutes. I was searching out why my trap area is always so sore, even when I wake up in the mornings. There was a PT place that specialized in upper back and neck area that explained how it affects the shoulders and neck and the only place where there is a nerve that runs all the way up. I will have to post it for those who are interested. Happy fourth ! I hope everyone enjoys it. I looked it up and I guess the city I go to shop that is close allows fireworks from June 27th to the 4th.

Belinda, your dish looks professional and when I first looked at it, I thought you had posted a picture from the recipe site. It looks yummy and I know I would love it. I wish it did not take so much time to put together those sauces and chop all of that stuff up. Then clean up the mess. From experience though you learn how to make up a bit extra and have some sauces and things pre chopped and ready to go so it is not quite so much work. My husband does not care for all of the veggies and stuff, but has came by and made comment that I should take a picture of my fancy dish. Today I made Fix it with Food sweet potato and coconut stew. It was one of the 10 day reset plan and one serving. I chopped the rest of the sweet potato to use for another recipe and have some extra cilantro cut up. It was really good and the lime juice drizzled on top gave it a nice flavor. The only coconut was the coconut milk and I did not use the coconut oil in it. It called for 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and I used half a tablespoon of olive oil. Fresh grated ginger and jalapeno were added to it and it has chickpeas.
Nice work on the walk and SBF stretching today.

Roxie, it takes awhile to get all of the things done that make if feel like home. We ordered curtains for the master bedroom from Amazon and I also had to buy one for the glass door going into the back yard as I felt weird at night walking around in the house with my night clothes on. They did not have a door curtain to fit that door so I bought one that was too long and sewed it to fit. My husband would like curtains in the living room, but I am fine with the blinds that are throughout the house. We had to put a curtain in one of the bathrooms as well. The people before had put a window tint on the glass. We are still doing little things, and my husband ordered me a couple of white decorative shelves for my bathroom. It is fun though as it all comes together. That is great eye shadow if it stays on through swimming.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.