Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

I am in th midst of my workout LOL I just had to say, I read that about standing in line for covid testing and leaving. It just happens they attribute a number to each person in line, so if one leaves the next gets that number and if they test positive it goes to the person that left. If very many leave who knows which number in reality the person is. It is ridiculous and just makes the number that more off.
Okay, going back to figure out what I will do for strength, just finished cardio and am ready to toss the watch I think :rolleyes: Edited to add, I would not go get tested if I got sick, I would just stay home as I don't want the covid people messing with me or my family as they are ignorant.

All this Covid testing numbers are BS! They put down that everyone tests positive, even if you don't! It has turned into a Political nightmare because of the election. I don't know one person that has had it or knows anyone that has had it, except for the kids on my sons football team and they don't have one symptom and are playing football. The odds of you dying from it are so low, the flu death rate is higher. It is just the fake reason or cause of death that the doctors put on the death certificates. Now, some people have truly died from it but they probably would have died from their underlying conditions. I say, if you have an underlying condition or you are older, stay put in the house, but let all the healthy younger people out and get back to work and wear a mask if you feel better about it. My parents stay in but I am not going to and they don't expect me to either.

Today I had a fantastic workout, I was supposed to do a total body bootcamp but my legs are so sore from yesterday I chose to do CL# 145 Upper Body Bootcamp and loved it. This is the first time that I did this workout and it was perfect for today. It is higher reps, lite weights, nothing over a 20# DB, and it incorporates core all through out the workout. Workout was 1 hour and I burned calories. I want to do this again but I will use heavier weights. Heart rate was 117/160.

Debbie, I will have to have surgery for a pinched nerve that I have on the bottom of my foot and a bunion on my small toe but not for the cyst because it isn't a cyst. Doctors just want to do surgery because it is a money maker instead of finding out what the real problem really is and go from there. My doctor was irritated when I wrote him an email telling him that my Chiro adjusted my foot and ankle and it went away. He told me it wouldn't go away and not to bother with an adjustment, yeah right! idiot. Nice job with the cardio workouts today. It is cool and overcast here today with some misting rain. :( It is going to be a high of 69 degrees today, where is summer!

Diane Sue, I cant believer you posted early today, did you sleep better? I hope you have a great workout today, i will check back later to read your post.

Belinda, way to go on the walk and workout today. Have a nice nap :)

BBL to read your other posts. Happy Thursday, i am ready for the weekend.

Workout today was Cathe To the Max slide and glide tabata and 30/20hiit with warm up and stretch, 34 minutes, heart rate 116/156, 147 calories, 2464 steps. I used the step with two risers for the hiit portion instead of 3 risers and I modified because there is a lot of jumping on and off the step. No jumping off the step for me. They do this with a 10 inch step!! I used to do that and can understand now why I hurt my knee. I followed this with Raw Weights #2, 42 minutes, 106 calories, heart rate 102/132, 558 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper finishing the last 8 minutes of episode 11 that I did yesterday( I think I said 8,but it was 11) then doing the chair stretch, and a couple of other stretches, 25 minutes, 28 calories, 63 steps. TOTAL TIME 1 hour and 41 minutes, 281 calories, 3,085 steps.
Weights 45 seconds work
legs
squats 12# dumbbells 2 sets
plie squats 12# dumbbells 2 sets
deadlifts hips back/ squat up 12# dbs 2 sets
Upper Body/abs
bench press 12# dumbbells 2 sets
explosive reverse flys 12# dumbbells 2 sets
pullover 12# dumbbells 2 sets
seated supination curls 12# dumbbells 2 sets
palms out (W curls) 10# dumbbells 2 sets
sit ups to overhead press (I skipped the overhead press) 10# dumbbells 2 sets
lean back seated hammer curls 1 set 10 # dumbbells
Russian twist seated on bench 10# dumbbells 1 set
Legs
Front lunge alternating 12# dumbbells 2 sets
reverse lunge alternating 12# dumbbells 2 sets
side lunges alternating 12 # dumbbell 2 sets
Upper body
tate press 8# dumbbells 2 sets
bentover lateral raises 8# dumbbells 2 sets
seated overhead press to triceps extensions (for some reason it hurt the front of my shoulders going overhead from front so I just did triceps extensions overhead 1 set and lying 1 set)
Abs on floor side to side crunch; right center left center crunch; crunch with reverse crunch; reverse crunch holds; leg raise knees in legs out

I need to run and shower. Tired and little sleep last night tossing and worrying about things.

Debbie, my washer was smelling really bad all of the time and I kept using those washing machine cleaners. I did research and if you check up around the top of your machine and lift up edges of rubber you are likely to find mold and gunk that cleaners do not reach. It took awhile to get it all scrubbed out and since every time I use a washer cleaner I also wipe all edges and pieces I can get at. It got rid of the smell. I keep thinking that I bet you would really like Cathe's Lite Cardio Party which is a blend of boxing and other cardio, no down to the floor moves, gets a lot of steps and is a fun go to cardio workout. Just a heads up;) Maybe I will do Amped up Cardio again tomorrow. It has been a fun go to for me ever since I purchased it. It is so easy to skip the stretching when we are feeling good and then things come back. I am learning to keep it up. Cathe did some jack push ups on the cardio I did today and I did the scapular squeezes instead of some of those push up. I do those ones where Lindsey rotates her arms out to the side and squeezes in the morning while I am reading my Bible. Make use of stretching while sitting and waking up. Other than picking up my coffee LOL. At least the branch is not serious. Sorry you got over there to take care of the emergency that wasn't.

Belinda, nice work on the walk and hills along with Muscle Max. I could use a nap.

Jolie, glad you had a great workout today. I would have to be feeling really bad before I would go to a medical facility. I read about the number taking to get tested yesterday and also there was a guy who reported to the news that he was called and the covid people were checkup on him since he had covid testing that he never had. He said he expected to get a call since someone he worked with had tested positive. But, he never had a covid test. Not only that they called him 3 different times telling him they have it right there on their screen that he tested positive for covid. That is when the news asked questions and they couldn't explain that one, but did explain how they number people in line. His was not that case though.
No, not a good nights sleep. I keep waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. I gave up at 5 hours of being in bed and got up this morning.

I have to do a quick checkin as I'm going grocery shopping and then to my mom's. I'm hoping to be back later for personals.

Today I did RAW Day 4: Total Body Strength and had a really good workout. I really like this workout.

3 rounds of 10 reps. So this is circuit style:

Pullover: 25#
Hammer Curls: 20's
Squat/Alt Reverse Lunges: 15's (love these)
Bench Press: 25's
Weighted Dips: 25#
Alternate Front Lunges: 15's (I did static lunges for the 2nd set and did deads for the 3rd set)
Upright Rows: 15's

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 32 minutes, 227 calories, did 1173 steps and HR is 135/171.

Walked on my treadmill for 23 minutes, burned 153 calories, went 1.08 miles, did 2680 steps and HR was 124/145.

Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

2 mile outdoor walk + RWH Plyo Hiit Two + SBF D26 is done.

Debbie - sorry your mom scared you like that. She probably wanted to see you :) Isn't that something about them all testing positive for COVID. Unbelievable! Great job with your workouts. Cathe does lift heavy. She is very strong.

Jolie - I am glad the Chiro adjusted your foot and ankle and it went away. Never got that nap in yesterday. I ended up getting almost 20 K yesterday. Had a lot of running around to do.

Diane - great job with your workouts. Sorry about your washing machine.

That's it for me today. Happy Friday.

Good morning Sunshines! Today I did cardio, TM 1 hour, 5.0 to 7.0 incline, 3.1 to 3.3 speed, traveled 3.3 miles and burned 606 calories, which included a 5 minute cool down. I got new shoes in the mail yesterday, I switched out my stability shoes for a neutral shoe and I think this will fix my ankle issue and the bump that I got on my foot. I put in a slight stability insole that gave me just a little bit more support and I feel really good after my walk. I like a less cushion shoe but I couldn't find one that I liked so I will have to go with extra cushion this time. Maybe my knees wont be so sore?! :) I do want to wear a stability shoe when I lift and kickbox because of the lateral moves, it will help me not roll outward so much.

Debbie, nice weight workout today! Wow on the 20's for hammer curls and 25's for bench press. I haven't been lifting over a 25# DB except for 1 Arm rows, I am always worried about injury. I could go heavier if I was doing a lower rep workout. Have fun with your mom!

Belinda, way to go with walking every day and lifting! You were busy yesterday if you walked over that many steps! I love those days.

Diane Sue, I prayed to God last night that he would give you a better nights sleep, so I hope he was listening! :) I don't know how you do it on that little sleep, I would be in the coo coo farm by now LOL!

Roselyn, Doreen, Roxie, where are you guys?

Make it a wonderful day and Cheers!

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 4 mile Power Walk, 72 minutes, 355 calories, 3.4 miles (guess because I am not tall? as I always add extra steps and follow the more intense lady), 7,408 steps. I felt I needed to do something that did not have impact after yesterday. I have to get out to the store soon. My dog woke my husband up barking at the Amazon guy who brought my lyposomal C and Curcumin to the door. He rang the bell and kept standing there so tried to quiet Gertie and finally had to answer the door and he handed me the package. Was really friendly, but they usually just leave it on the door step. Maybe because it was vitamins. I had some fish oil capsules actually melt in the bottom of the bottle and one of the last bottles of gummy vitamins was stuck together in a lump. I separated them and coated them with more sugar:p My husband will take gummy vitamins where others is a struggle for me to get down him.

Jolie, I saw that you prayed for me and sleep. Maybe I need you to do that more often. I had record sleep last night at 8 hr and 19 minutes. I was amazed:D I don't remember doing that in years. Sometimes I am so tired I just cannot think straight. That is the worst time to go shopping and do important things as I almost always miss something. Nice work on the walk. It is so hard to find the perfect shoe and inserts. My last ones were Super Feet and I have been through 3 varieties of those. I think I found the one that works for me as my knees have been really good lately. The first ones I purchased years ago felt so hard and stiff and made me feel like my feet were being pushed into a different position. They were so uncomfortable. I buy my husband New Balance one that is supposed to help people with neuromas.

Belinda, nice work today. Isn't Plyo Hiit two the one where Cathe jumps over the step?? I know I have to do no risers and modify a lot on that one.

Debbie, nice work today. I like day 4 strength too. I think I have done it more than the others as it is quick and gets the job done well. I am going to the grocery store too.

Good Morning,

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while but between beating myself up over not being there when they cleaned out MIL’s house and found her living will that made DH cry and I wasn’t there to be his support the guil is killing me and blown motor in old boat and purchasing a new boat and girls weekend it has been a rough couple of months. I haven’t worked out much but had my yearly physical and my cho is out of control I have been put on medication so I am wo on getting back into the groove. I have joined a StudioSweat Spin challenge so I am back to spinning and today I did BeachBod’s new Muscle Burns Fat Upper Body. Today we are headed to lake with youngest DD and two grandsons

Good morning,

I am done with a 2 mile Outdoor walk + Cathe Body Weight & Bands + SBF Mat = 35 min.

Jolie - I am walking with my DH, he can't do any Cathe's cardio workouts those are too high impact for him. I started walking so he gets his cardio in plus I like getting all my steps and more, lol. I have to check out that Cathe BC you did yesterday. Sounds interesting.

Debbie - hope you had fun with your mom and grocery shopping yesterday.

Roxie - sorry you going through a lot. Glad you back into working out. Great job on your spin workout.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Diane - great job yesterday. Yes, that's the one. I used my rebounder instead of the step.

Have a great Saturday and weekend, everyone.

Today was another day of cardio because I needed one more day off from lifting, I have been lifting a lot lately :) Today was TM, 40 minutes, 2.2 miles at an 6.0 incline and I burned 362 calories. Next I got on my elliptical and ran 11 minutes, 1.2 miles on interval mode, 2 minutes uphill on higher resistance and 2 minutes lower incline on lower resistance to recover. I burned an additional 140 calories. Heartrate was 133/164. I feel really good except for the fact that I am having a hard time finding a running shoe that I like :(

Belinda, WOO HOO on the walk and workout today! I sometimes walk with my husband on Sundays but he stresses me out, he always wants to vent on me on what's going wrong at work and so on and I just don't have a good time, I come back stressed out!

Roxie, so glad to hear you are back and sorry that you have had a bad few months. Regarding your Cholesterol, take Beta Sitosterol and maybe some Red Yeast Rice, that really helped me a lot. Enjoy your time at the lake.

BBL to read your posts, I am off the Newport Beach to go shopping :) Just because...

I did Jessica Smith Build Strength and Balance workout #2 Poise and Grace with 3# dumbbells, 36 minutes, 119 calories, heart rate 105/136, 1,291 steps.

Roselyn nice job getting the workout in. Mowing is probably enough workout on it's own;)

Roxie, you should not feel guilty over something that happened like that. It is not your fault as you were clueless. Those things happen. I am glad to hear you are doing the spin class streaming. Hope things get better for you with the health.

Belinda, that is good that you walk with your husband. It would be nice getting the steps all in. I can get them in if I do enough cardio, but short cardio and weights just do not bring me up to 10,000 by the end of the day. Yesterday I got over 11,000 in after doing JS 4 mile power walk :D Good idea with the rebounder for that workout. My knees have been pretty good lately and I have been careful of not doing too much jumping like that.

Jolie, have fun shopping. Nice work today with the treadmill and elliptical. I spend more time worrying over other family and their problems. I guess they need a sounding board, but what can we do? I suppose it is nice that he feels he can share with you than keep it all bottled up inside.
I think you are supposed to be careful of taking sterols and red yeast if you are taking other meds. I am not sure, I have done some research on what I can do as I am not going to take the lovastatin the heart doctor gave me. 3 times and each time I got sores in the back of my mouth and my tongue swelled. And that was only taking it for a little over a week. Nope, no way am I doing that. I am using Qunol and niacin myself. I might look into those products that you posted. My cholesterol is not high though, stress test was great, just that plaque that showed in the heart CT and I am pretty sure is caused by the RA. I read that eating foods that have plant sterols in them can be helpful. They add them to things like orange juice, margarine (which I don't use), etc..

Good morning,

DH and I went for a walk early this morning, we walked 2.5 miles. I have to get some groceries. I still have to do a nice stretch.

Jolie - sometimes I do walk alone if DH has to go to work early. I do enjoy walking and talking with my husband. I can see how it's not enjoyable to walk with your DH if he wants to vent. Walking is my relaxing/unwind place. No place to vent :)

Diane - walking is the only cardio DH can do at the moment before it get surgery on both his knees and back. All those years in the military took a toll on his body. Walking is low impact and has no impact on this knees. That's a good step count on Power walk. Nice job! Knock on wood :) my knees are doing great lately too. I would like to keep it that way.

Have a great Sunday.

Good morning,

I walked early this morning with DH, we walked over 2.71 miles. Than I did Kickmax. I did all the blast on my rebounder. I got a nice cal burn on that one too. I will do SBF D29 TB Fusion later this afternoon or after I eat breakfast. I am beat. It's not 10 a.m yet and I already have 12,200 steps :)

BBL!

This morning I did a workout Jolie did last week, CL #145 Upper Body Boot Camp. Really enjoyed it, it went fast and was over before I knew it even though it was 57 minutes long. This was broken down into body parts so by the time you are done that body part is screaming. This was done mostly on the stability ball.

ROUND 1
Chest
Chest Press on Ball: 20's then swapped to 15's - reps went on forever
Chest Flies on the Ball: 15's - 16 reps
Pushups on the Ball: 2 sets 8 reps; 1 set 4 reps
Ball Rollouts: 16 reps

Back
Pullovers: 20# - 18 reps
One Arm Rows: 20# - 16 reps/8 reps
T-Band Pulls
Standing Weighted Circles: 8# - 2 sets/4 reps each way

Shoulders
Seated Overhead Press: 12's - both arms then alternating
Upright Rows: 15's - 8/8/4 reps
Seated Reverse Flies: 10's - 8/8 reps
Butterfly Situps - 16 reps

Biceps
Seated Biceps Curl on Ball: 12's - 16 reps
Incline Biceps Curl: 12's - 16 reps (I did Hammer Curls)
Preacher Curls: 12's 10 reps (I did incline HC w/Twist)
Knee Ins on the Ball - 16 reps

Triceps
See Saw Pushups: 16 reps
Seated Overhead Triceps Extensions: 10's - 16 reps
Close Grip Bench Press on Ball: 12's - 7 reps
Russian Twist w/Ball

ROUND 2
Chest

Incline Flies: 12's - 16 reps
Incline Press: 12's - 18 reps
Weighed Side Bends: 15# - 16 reps each side

Back
Band Y's
Saluting Supermans on Ball
Ball Exchange: 12 reps

Shoulders
Seated Lateral Raise: 8's then 5's
Incline Front Raise: 5's
Lying Side Crunches: 20 reps

Triceps
Side Lying Pushups (I hate these so did regular triceps pushups)
Dips
Band Kickbacks
Ball Situps alternating Leg Lifts

Biceps
Seated W Curls: 12's - 16 reps
Incline Hammer Curls: 16 reps
Banana Hold w/Ball

Once she started round 2 she raced through it like she was just trying to get it done, sort of frustrating. I paused a lot. I feel bad for the people in her class, she is usually about half way done with the exercise by the time they get setup and get started.

Workout was 1 hr. 12 minutes because I wrote down all the exercises and rested a bit, burned 386 calories, did 1524 steps and HR was 116/171.

Also walked on my treadmill for 25 minutes, burned 148 calories, did 1.17 miles and went 2885 steps. HR was 113/137.

Belinda - My brother and I ended up cutting the branch down because it was sort of dangerous the way it was sticking out and how long it was. We did that on Friday afternoon. Got another good workout. I'm sick of all the hard work I've been doing outside (our siding, my moms stuff) but it is keeping me in great shape along with my workouts. I can eat anything right now and not gain an ounce. :) Great job with your workouts and all your walking!

Diane - I had a terrible time sleeping for a few days and I realized it was because I started taking a Kale supplement that is supposed to help with the lymphnodes under my arm pits. When I had my thermal image done a couple weeks back I have bad tenderness under my arm pit when the nurse does my breast exam. She told me to take kale and iodine and it will relieve the pressure. Well, it says on the bottle that it's for thyroid health and I was a bit worried about that because my thyroid is fine. Well, it kept me up for three nights in a row. I finally realized what was causing it and stopped taking it. I slept like a baby last night. Crazy how stuff like that can do bad things to our bodies. Great job on your workouts and glad you were able to get that good nights sleep!!

Roxie - So sorry to hear about your stresses from the last few months. Don't blame yourself for not being able to help with your MIL's stuff. I'm sure you DH understands. Love yourself and give yourself a break, I think you need to do that. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Jolie - Great job with your workouts this weekend! You kicked some butt. I had a good workout with #145 but it was long. Went fast but I doubt I'll do that one much.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout and the lawn mowing. I did some of that too!!

Have a great day everyone!

Today I am tired, had a weird day yesterday. I got a text at 3am yesterday morning that there were drive by shootings at the school and to please call your child to make sure they were ok! Mine is in a hotel in quarantine lookdown so he was fine, thank God! I mean really, I have to deal with drive by shootings with my son at college! What is this world coming to? Then, my sons friend on his football team was changing a tire on the freeway and got hit by a car and thrown into the middle of the hwy. He was in emergency brain surgery yesterday, he has a baby and he is the sole parent for the child. The team raised $50,000 for him yesterday to help with his medical expenses and for child care for his son. A lot of NFL players put in money that really helped get the higher amount that was needed. I was so stressed out yesterday, I mean, that could be any of your sons! So I didn't sleep that well. Today I did a cardio workout, TM, 75 minutes uphill, 7.0 incline, 3.1 speed, traveled 4 miles and burned 713 calories. I am happy that I got that out of the way and my new shoes I got are awesome, they really make my walking easier. Heart rate was 133/175.

Debbie, nice job on that workout today, I like that one too. I am so used to longer workouts, that one didn't seem long to me at all :) I want to change things up a bit for August, I am thinking of cardio each day with my own total body workouts, circuit style, but I am not sure yet. What do you have planned for next month?
Belinda, way to go with the walk and the kickboxing this morning! I love getting in that many steps so early in the day.

Diane Sue, I hope you slept good last night! I will bbl to read your post.

Doreen, where are you?

Roxie, I hope you have a great workout today.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

• Wow
Jolie - OMG! Drive by shooting. I hope your son/other students are ok. I will keep your son's friend in my thoughts and prayers :( Nice job this morning with your TM workout. I like getting all my steps in early in the morning.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio workout #2, 30 minutes, 142 calories, heart rate 118/162, 2,567 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Timesaver #5 back and biceps, 17 minutes, 40 caloriesm heart rate 91/132, 415 steps and finished with Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps 14 minutes, 27 calories, heart rate 88/101, 194 steps. Total time 61 minutes, 3,191 steps, 209 calories. I chose workouts that would work around my neck and shoulder problem. Still working on the therapy stuff as well.
Strong Body Stacked Sets is round 3A done all moves gone through then repeated
Pullovers 1 1/2 12# dumbbells 8 reps
double arm dead row 15# dumbbells 16 reps
hip hinge back fly 8 reps (3 count as 1)
biceps curls 15# dumbbells 8 reps
8 point drop curls 10# dumbbells 16 rep
Hammer curl 15# dumbbells 8 reps
reverse curls 10# dumbbells 8 reps
repeat all moves

Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps all exercises done in 3 rounds
Overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs 12 reps
kickbacks 12# dbs 12 reps
dips 12 reps
lying extensions 12# 12 reps
close grip bench press 12# dbs 12 reps dropped to 10# last round (bothers the front of my shoulder)
repeat 2 more times

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.