Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

I did Cardio Slam Time saver #1 no mat 34 minutes,average heart rate 142, max 179, met 9.30, 267 calories, 2,718 steps. I then did Lite Metabolic Bonus calorie crush, 11 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 169, met 9.0, 79 calories, 1,139 steps. I also did Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes, heart rate average 111, max 132, 197 steps, met 5.0, 50 calories. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Foam Roller stretch, 24 minutes, 66 calories, heart rate average 91, max 115, met 3.0, 174 steps. Total time was 82 minutes, calories burned 462, 4,228 steps. I had two of my younger grandchildren over for awhile today while their mother got her hair done.

Roxie, that is interesting that you can ask for codeine in your cough syrup. I have never heard that. I bet you will be glad when you are not dealing with two bosses.

Belinda, usually when it is outside with the internet problems here, they either try to sell me insurance before they come out or I have to pay for them to work on it outside. Which really is irritating. I saw that Cathe had got a Zumba teaching certification. I was kind of hoping we didn't find ourselves doing Zumba, as I am not a real fan. I am not sure what Zumba Strong is.

Debbie, it took me quite awhile to get my energy levels back up. Codeine makes me so sleepy and I stay groggy all day along with it giving me a headache. When I take something like that it is a last resort to get some rest and I generally don't want it again for a long time. I hope you can get on top of it. Are you running a fever? I ran a fever for over a week. Not a high fever though. Don't push the workouts. I tried the Ripped and Ride January when it first came out and I thought I was going to die getting through it. I know I just was not ready for that. It is hard to not workout for a long period of time.

Jolie, great workout for not feeling a workout ;) I don't mind slide back lunges and I can do side slide lunges as I don't go too deep. It is the cross back slide lunges and the ones with the pulsing/low end moves that generally get me. They bother my knees like I am twisting them in the wrong direction and they make my hip hurt in a not good way. We have had a realtor that did not seem to be really trying to sell our home or something. But, then my husband does not like open houses. It just lets thieves check it out and people that are in the neighborhood that want to look inside your house. Not so much buyers. He always says no to that. I hope that you find a buyer soon and get the price that you want.

Good morning,

Not sure what I will do today? We got hit with a lot of snow again :( We had some one come out yesterday, he replaced modem. So far, my internet is working again.

Jolie - how fun you went on a RT, lol. Does Cathe post all the classes on Live? Love the looks of your workout.

Roxie - you need to eat, girl!

Roselyn - great job on that workout.

Diane - Zumba Strong is a full body weight workout. It's very fun. I have the 60 min plus the shorter version workout. You can buy the dvd on Amazon. They also have the demo on youtube:
Good morning,

Not sure what I will do today? We got hit with a lot of snow again :( We had some one come out yesterday, he replaced modem. So far, my internet is working again.

Jolie - how fun you went on a RT, lol. Does Cathe post all the classes on Live? Love the looks of your workout.

Roxie - you need to eat, girl!

Roselyn - great job on that workout.

Debbie - hope you starting to feel better.

Diane - Zumba Strong is a full body weight workout. It's very fun. I have the 60 min plus the shorter version workout. You can buy the dvd on Amazon. They also have the demo on youtube:
Like I said, Zumba is copyrighted. Cathe can't do Zumba on her live workouts/streaming. No worries!

I will be back later.

Belinda, that looks like loads of impact and intense. We had to replace our modem a couple of years ago and ran into problems. We, purchased our own at Best Buy that was on the cable companies' list. We could not get it set up ourselves. I called and worked with someone and they could not get it set up. They sent someone out which resulted in two visits and a huge fuss between the poor guys supervisor and the cable company since the people they send out are contractors. Apparently the supervisor made a call and said they (the cable company) had to authorize the Netgear modem/router. That got the job done. That poor guy was here for hours trying to get it to work. I felt sorry for him. It also cost us for an extra visit :( I think the cable company really wanted us to buy the modem from them at an extra cost. The thing is, when we first moved here they set us up with their modem and did not tell us we needed a new router to go with it which was really annoying. Two years later the modem needed conveniently upgraded. Sorry about the rant. They seem to be the best internet provider here. AT&T has never worked well for us as a provider so we have stuck with Cox Cable.

Roselyn, nice work getting Cathe Live in :)

I've done the YT demo of Zumba Strong - it was fun but to stay in beat with the music you have to jump when they jump. And it was a lot of jumping.

This morning on a whim I did Amy Bento Ross Cardio Pump Step. Just some fun step and easy lifting. I wasn't feeling up to Stacked upper body which was on the rotation.

Reactions: WD
I am back: 2 mile walk + SBF Interval is done.

Zumba Strong is a lot of jumping, they do have a modifier in all their workouts.

Hi all, still recovering. I am better, though, the cough isn't as persistent as it has been. I probably won't be working out until Monday, though. I still have a bad headache and I'm dizzy all the time. I need for this to go away.

Jolie - I think you had the flu, didn't you? I don't have any issues with diarrhea or vomiting, it's just the coughing and head and chest congestion. I feel like a truck ran over me, though, that's for sure.

Diane - I don't even know how you attempted working out with this, I have no desire to do a workout. I'm tired and all I seem to want is a nap. Oh well, at least it is going away.

Have a great day everyone!!

Debbie, I had the flu with an upper raspatory infection and sinus infection! Yikes! :( I damn near died. Hopefully you are feeling better soon!

Today I thought that I was picking a semi easy workout because I am very tired from yesterday's workout, and the one I picked almost killed me LOL! First off, you all know I cant do step workouts, I get dizzy and light headed, I get motion sickness really bad. This workout had a step portion with the kickboxing and I felt like I would fall over! :) The workout is called Cathe Summer 2016 Kickoff Workout and boy was it fun but so hard. It starts with boxing and then into kickboxing, step, and then weights. It is a total body cardio workout. MY max heart rate was 172 and average was 126. Workout was 1 hour 5 minutes because I had to pause a lot to catch my breath during the step portion. I burned 521 calories! I will absolutely do this workout again, I want to master the step portion of the workout.

Mammoth Mountain in the High Sierras close to where my son goes to college and where my family skis all of the time has had so much snow this year. 26 feet of snow is currently on the ground! I want to go!

Belinda, Some of Cathe's Roadtrip workouts are posted on Cathe Live, but not too many. I loved it, it was a great workout and great energy. Somehow all of these people motivate me to get through evey workout, they are doing it today so why shouldn't I be doing it as well! I havent lost any weight because I dont track what I eat but I have lost inches from the workouts. I used to lift heavy and do just cardio or walking alternating days and really just got bulky and had a lot of injuries. Now I am so much leaner, less muscle mass and NO injuries! I am 52 years old and I have decided to not lift heavy anymore, for what? I just want to be cut with muscle definition, flexable and healthy. Good job on the workout today. We are supposed to get rain again today.

Doreen, I have some of Amy Bento's dvds from years ago, but I never really got into them. I am glad you had a great workout!

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. I am going to make a big batch of green juice today, I love it! I have a big glass for dinner since I dont like to eat in the evening. I will come back and check out your workout for today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice day at school and a great workout.

Roxie, I hope you have a good day at work today.

Happy Hump Day.

Jolie - glad you liked the RT workout. I am surprised Cathe is posting them on live. I have to check them out soon. It is very motivating seeing people of all ages and sizes doing the workouts. Your workout today sounds like fun. I have lots of knee problems, sometimes I don't use a step. Have you tried that? Congratulations on the weight loss. I am glad you found what works for you. I am not sure if I mention it before, but I had my share on injuries the last few years. Slipped disc, probably from lifting very heavy. PF and arthritis in both my knees (from running/step) to a point I couldn't walk. Got shots in my ankles, knees and back. I still lift heavy but not what I used to lift. I had to back off on all my exercise. I still miss running :( In May I will be 56 years old. I also want to be cut with muscle definition, flexable and healthy. I already backed off on my workouts. Once I am done with SBF, I will cut even more off. I still enjoy walking and getting outside. We are covered in snow. Come on over if you want to see snow, lol. Good job today.

Today I did Cathe Lite Pyramid Lower body, 45 minutes, heart rate 105 average, 161 max, met 6.5, 259 calories, 1,274 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw legs and glutes finisher, 17 minutes, met 6.0, 79 calories, average heart rate 106, max 154, 597 steps. I finished off with Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 40 calories. Total time was 75 minutes, 378 calories.
Pyramid legs and glutes weights reps for all but calves 12,10,8,10,12
rear slide lunges 8,10,12 10,8 lb dbs
step ups 3 risers 12,15,20,15,12 lb dbs
side slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10# db
elevated lunges 10,12,15,12,10 lb dbs
cross back sliding lunges 8,10,12,10,8 lb dbs
dead lifts 12,15,20,15,12 lb dbs
calf raises 30,25,20 25,20 reps 12,15,20,15,12 lb dbs
Raw Legs And Glutes Finisher timed
squats 20# dbs
no weight fast squats toes forward then toes facing out
front lunges with pulses 15lb dbs then regular lunges alternating
lunge shooters no weight
reverse lung down up down alternating 15# dbs
no weight reverse lunge touch down to the floor alternating
front/side/together lunge holding dumbbells together with a break so two sets 15# dbs
split lunge hop then out hop and back alternating sides
finishing with bridges in a figure 4 using a 10# dumbbell then bridges with feet elevated on dumbbells finishing with bridges knees in and out

Doreen, I saw that Amy has got a set up and is filming more youtube workouts on her youtube channel. I haven't pulled out many workouts lately other than Kelly and Cathe and have been eyeing some of my other instructors.

Debbie, I thought my headache would never go away. I tried Bee Propolis throat spray to help my throat that felt raw from all of the coughing. It did not do much for me. I don't know what all of the rave reviews I read were all about. Waste of money if you ask me. Working out is such a habit with me, I generally work out even if I am sick. I did take time off though because I just couldn't do it. That Ripped and Ride workout was a mistake since I felt terrible the rest of the day. Best to give it time. I don't remember when I last had a sinus infection like that. I really do not want a recurrence. I used to be the one that managed to avoid most illnesses and infections or they were mild and short lived. Age seems to have messed greatly with my immune system. I am glad you are not coughing as much.

Jolie, your greens drinks sound so good. I almost bought a bottle of the Suja Uber greens. It is not a sweet greens drink and really hits the spot when I feel like I am missing something. I don't remember that live workout and am wondering if I did it. It think I did pretty much anything that was cardio with step and kickboxing in it. I remember some of the workouts being really tough and thinking those women really do hang in there well. I have gotten so used to using my step at no higher than 6 inches and when I do a workout with 8 inches I feel a bit off balance. I used to use 8 and 10 inch a lot. Age and injuries does take things down a bit. I don't lift as heavy as I used to. I would like to, but I am afraid that with all of the arthritis issues including the negative RA, that I may be doing more damage than helping things. I think when the doctor said to lift weights, she didn't mean lift like a body builder. The arthritis doctor doesn't say much of anything except ask how I feel. I think most of their therapy for Ra etc is to give medicines and help you get through the pain instead of trying to take car of it other ways. He told me if my knees really bother me I can come in and get an injection. I am thinking there is no way I will do that. To me it is a last resort. I have been able to work around it all. I have been on kind of a metabolic workout scheme lately. I just add in a heavier workout here and there. I probably need to change it up, because I seem to be adding a bit of weight.

Belinda, I think Cathe added one workout to the live workouts from each road trip. I may be wrong though. I remember the kickboxing one, because I watched it when they were having the road trip and did some of it along with them and then I did it later on the live workouts. That one was from a few years ago. Our ice is melted. It is in the 40's today :) I am glad it is gone already. I guess it snowed in some of the surrounding cities. It did not here that I know of. My husband said there were big flakes coming down when he was at work. They did not stick though.
I am never sure what to think about the workouts and injuries. My husband thinks it is all of my hard workouts, but I think I am in way better shape than friends and people we know who are younger and having multiple joint replacements and surgeries and have a hard time getting around and they do not work out. I think we just have to train smart. I think too many really aggressive high impact workouts done in succession can be damaging to anybody. That is where a lot of us ere. That is my opinion anyway. I had one injection in my knee and that was a couple of months after the knee surgery because it didn't feel any better at the time than it did before surgery.
As far as the step is concerned I am fine with the platform or one riser most of the time. I do modify though when needed or get off the step if I notice discomfort, but really that is not as high as my stairs I go up and down all of the time. When it hurts, step and jumping is not something that should be done. I even found hard fast jumping on the rebounder will aggravate my knees if they are bothering me. Ouch on having to have all of those shots. I don't blame you for being very careful. At 66 I know I cannot do what I did when I was younger either. Then I think of my aunt in her late 70's climbing quickly up the ladder to the roof of her RV to mess with things. She hooks it up to her car and gets out tools. She is an amazingly active tiny woman. I am hoping to still be able to get around as I get older too.

So after Cathe announced today's Live Step workout I decided to sign up for a month!!

I did the 4/26/2018 Low Impact Step Bootcamp workout this morning. Fun workout - easy to follow low impact step moves and upper body and core moves.

I did see Amy was working on a new step routine that was going to be uploaded to Youtube. It sounds fun - I like her step because they are challenging! She also announced she is deactivating her Amy Bento Ross facebook page to try to simplify her life!

Roxie, I generally purchase Bulletproof collagen bars or Ancient Nutrition Bars. Sometimes I just go for a Zone Perfect bar as those are readily available at Walmart. Otherwise I have to shop Sprouts. I don't usually have one till after a workout which really ends up being lunch time. I either have that or some protein powder in yogurt with nuts or dark chocolate pieces. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Home Gym Intervals #2 using the tread climber and 10# dumbbells, 36 minutes, heart rate average 124, max 159, 1,575 steps, 229 calories, met 9. I was surprised at the steps, but this one does have quite a bit of weight work and only three cardio intervals. I also did not take lighter weights downstairs, but still managed everything with the 10's. I then did Ripped with Hiit Upper Circuit, 48 minutes, heart rate 124 average, 161 max, 339 calories, met 8.5, 2,070 steps. I wanted a bit more of the upper so did Pyramid Pump triceps and biceps 16 minutes, heart rate average 112, max 137, met 6.0, 80 calories.
Total time 100 minutes, 648 calories, 3,858 steps
Pyramid Triceps and Biceps
super sets reps 12,10,8,10,12
triceps
standing kickbacks 8,10,12,10,8 # dbs superset with
lying extensions on the ball 10,12,15,10,12 # dbs
biceps
standing sweeper curls 10,12,15,12,10# dbs super set with
incline curls on the ball 10,12,15,12,10# dbs

Belinda, nice work today.

Roselyn, nice work on Ripped with Hiit.

Doreen, I liked the Low Impact workouts on Cathe Live. I think I did that one quite a few times.

ripped with hiit chest, shoulder and triceps, didn't want to workout but got up and got it done

Finished first 5 core weeks, and 1 nail week at school, the next 6 are makeup and skin, we got to do some makeup today, but...next week is anatomy 192 vocab words hoping my high school anatomy kicks in LOL but really am loving school but cannot wait to start assisting in the salon where I work

Good Evening,

Raw Kettlebell Kickbox after work tonight wasn’t really feeling a workout but my jeans are getting tight. We got three inches of snow over the weekend and forecasted 2-6” this weekend, I am so tired of snow.

Today was my scheduled rest day, my muscles are tired so I cleaned the house instead :)

Great workouts today ladies! We are all kickin butt :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.