Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

Good morning,

3 mile walk + SBF stretch is done.

Jolie - does Cathe have a lot of high reps workouts on Live? Have a great workout today.

Debbie - hope you feel better soon.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Roxie - we suppose to get snow too. I am so done with this weather. Great job yesterday.

Diane - hope you got all your cleaning done too. I am tired of cleaning.

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Yesterday was my rest day, which was very much needed, and today I did Cathe Live Vertical Loading because I love it! 6 circuits, working down from shoulders to legs, all sorts of rep ranges and it is truly a plateau buster. Same as last week so I am not going to type it all down. Workout was about an hour and I burned 437 calories. Average heart rate was 127 and max was 147. I went heavier this time with a few exercises.

Great workouts yesterday everyone!

Debbie, I hope you feel better soon. It has been nearly 2 months since I was sick and my abs and ribs are still sore from coughing. Crazy! Get some sleep this weekend.

Belinday, Cathe Live has high rep workouts, low rep workouts, metabolic, kickboxing, boxing, bootcamps and so much more. This is hands down my favorite on line workouts because there is over 200 workouts to choose from. I am loving it because I really like Cathe and I feel like I am taking one of her classes with all of the other ladies. If they can do it, I can do it!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

I have been making German Chocolate birthday cake and other dessert and preparing for family gathering tomorrow. This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload Version 2 wearing a 12# vest. This was 32 minutes, heart rate average 127, max 161, 175 calories, met 6.5, 2,570 steps. I then did Ice Blizzard blast time saver, 20 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 159, 1,518 steps. I then did Lite Abs #1, 44 calories, and Lite Extended Stretch #1, 40 calories. Total time 75 minutes, 418 calorie. I could feel yesterday's double metabolic workout all over this morning. I was mainly looking for just cardio and abs this morning with some stretching.

Debbie, I hope you are feeling much better.

Belinda, nice work on the walk and Suzanne Bowen stretch. Cathe has all kinds of workouts on her live streaming. I kind of felt there was a real lot of metabolic stuff. The only thing I was disappointed in was the Low Impact cardio workouts were very sparse.

Jolie, nice work today. I am glad to hear the rest day did you good :)

Happy Sunday. Today I woke up tired, I stayed up way too late. I decided to do Cathe Live PHA 3 because it is a more basic lifting workout with less cardio, though it keeps your heart rate up the whole workout. I did not have energy to crank out a cardio workout today like I had planned. I lifted the same weights as the last time I did it a few days ago but I burned 100 calories less. I think because I was tired and probably didn't give it my all. But, I was dripping sweat the whole time.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great day with your family today and the cake sounds delicious! I notice that Cathe is doing more and more lower impact workouts now that she is getting a little older:) Maybe she is feeling out pain LOL! I always do the workout but just modify the exercise if I cant do what she and the class is doing. My knees hurt with front lunges so I always modify with leg extensions or something similar.

Roselyn, how is Cosmetology school going? Good job on getting the workouts in as well, that makes for a long day. I just cut my hair off to a really short pixie cut and love it! I was growing it out for the last year, I wanted a nice sleek bob, but it made me looks so old!!! I have worn a pixie for about 20 years, short, longer or really short. I love cutting my own hair but I have a gal high light it because I cant keep my arms up that long, otherwise I would do it myself. What have you done to your hair since you have been in school? I was always coloring or cutting it, but I was also twenty years old too!

Have a great day!

Hi everyone,

Today I did a Susanne Bowen 30 min mostly lower body stretch. Felt good afterwards.

Jolie - great job with PHA3 today. If I don't get enough sleep I am dragging the next day too At least you got your workout in. How many day's a week do you work out? Sunday's I usually do a stretch or walk outside. That's fantastic that Cathe has so many workouts on Live. I should give them a try soon. Your workouts look amazing. You are right if those ladies on Cathe Live can do it. so can we.

Diane - that's too bad Cathe doesn't have a lot of low impact cardio. Maybe after releasing the Lite workouts, she will post some soon. I am not a big fan of Cathe's high impact stuff. My knees can't handle all that jumping around. I probably will give Live a whirl soon.

Debbie - hope you are getting lots of rest and feel better soon.

Roxie - what are your plans today?

Roselyn - good job yesterday.

I am starting L4 Week 7 tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
Good Evening,

Flurries again today so tired of snow. I did a StudioSweat Spin Sweating To The Beat w/Bethany 32 minutes 9.1 miles 371 calories burned.

Jolie-I try to keep my hair chin length but can’t decide on the bangs sometimes I try to grow them out but get tired of that an take them short and I always keep it permed.

Belinda-good job today

Jolie - my knees always hurt on front lunges too. I do reverse lunges instead as that doesn't bother them as much.

Roxie - Spin sounds fun.

I wonder if Cathe feels the pressure for low impact workouts now that we're all getting older! I feel like I've just developed good modifications for just about every high impact move.

I've had my hair long for a while now - I just get to lazy to keep up the appointments to keep it short. I chop off 6-8 inches about once a year and then start all over. I wish I could cut my own hair that would be easier.

Good morning,

I finally got my workout in. Had a lot of internet problems this morning :( Hate when that happens.

L4 Week 7 Chest/back Circuit + 4 mile walk is done.

Roxie - it's very windy here. Maybe that had something to do with the internet. Good job on that spin workout. What bike do you have?

Have a great day, everyone.

Hello everyone, I am finally almost back from the dead. Today is the first day I feel back to myself. Still coughing a lot - and that is killing me - but my appetite is back and my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode anymore.

I'm hoping to start back to working out this week sometime but I'm not going to rush it. The antibiotics the doctor gave me seem to be working, but I don't want to chance a set back. The coughing is the worst thing, my entire back just hurts from so much of it. My lower back especially and all the progress I made with the twisting moves in yoga seems to be back to square one. It hurts to turn right now.

Looks like you are all having some treat workouts, and I will be back to catch up with all soon!!

Debbie-go to your local pharmacy and see if they sell gaufenesin cough syrup with codiene it will help you sleep and relieve the cough or you can buy tessalon pearls

Today is a rest day. I have a house showing this morning so a workout is out. I have to clean really fast because my house is always dirty! I am tired from yesterday's workout anyway so today and Thursday will be my scheduled rest days.

Kickin butt ladies on the workouts!

Debbie, I am so happy you are feeling better. :)

I think I must have read posts yesterday and never got back here :) This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step #3 that Kelly just put up. This was 43 minutes(me 44) heart rate 144 average, 176 max, 3,905 steps, 283 calories, met 7.1 . Today Fit Bit and Map My Fitness matched to 1 calorie difference. I just went by those stats and figured out what the met would be. This was a fun workout, much like Kelly's Step Boxing 2 workout with the step boxing, drills, and then a weight segment which uses 10#. I wore my weighted gloves. Kelly says you can wear your weighted vest or pick up some light dumbbells for the step boxing segments. The drills are basically a floor version of the boxing moves you did on the step. There were four weight segments. They are not real long and include moves like side squat press, reverse lunge to upright row, plank row plank curl, lunge pull and push.
I then did Fit Split time saver just metabolic conditioning, 31 minutes, 177 calories, heart rate average 116, max 148, 719 steps, met 8.5. I finished with Lite extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 492 calories, 4,624 steps.
Metabolic Conditioning weights
upright rows 15# dbs
rear curl press lunge 12# dbs
pushs press 12# dbs
squat thrust to plank push ups body weight
rear lateral raise / rear flys 10# dbs
bonus burn rear flys 8# dbs
dragging plank/ moguls body weight
curl press triceps extension 12# dbs (started with 15's and decided that was too heavy)
cross back lunge curls 10# dbs
w curls 12# dbs
single dead lift with iron cross 8# dbs
dead lifts 15# dbs
plank triceps kickbacks 10# db
chest fly and pullover 15 # dbs and 12# dbs
monster walks core exercise body weight

I would have felt good about what I ate yesterday, but I ate two large pieces of German chocolate cake :p It was yummy and I still kept under my calories by a fraction for the day.

Jolie, could you do reverse lunges? Lunges do not bother my knees, but those elevated ones do. It is not the knee that I am stepping forward on, but the one in back. I used to detest those house showings. I tried my best to keep things picked up, all dishes washed and put away, etc, so maybe a quick vacuum and last minute touch ups. Then there was dragging the pets out the door. I always felt like my privacy was constantly violated and I did not like it at all. I am lucky our last two houses sold really fast. The last one was way faster than expected. We had three showings and we made a good profit. Then I was scrambling to get things packed and out quickly for closing. We did not have time to choose our new residence and had a last minute change of which city we were wanting to move to. Ended up staying with my younger daughter and her family and our stuff in storage for awhile. Have you found something yet? It was so cold when we sold that house. I tried taking my two labs at the time to the park around the block while showing the house. They tried to drag me around the park and it was a fight getting them back into the Explorer. After that I asked if I could just leave them in their crates. That was way to unpleasant. I am glad that Cathe has addressed some less impact workouts. I would think years of teaching and all of that impact because everyone wants more out of their workouts would be hard on the instructor after that many years. I am sure she is probably good about allowing recovery time for herself between.

Debbie, when I had the sinus infection they gave me a cough syrup, but it did nothing for me but make me feel funny. I could only take it at night as it made me groggy and I was still coughing. Everything hurt with all of that coughing. I used children's mucinex DM and it helped a little and helped me get all of that congestion coughed up. I could feel it way down deep rattling around and could not seem to get it coughed out. That is why they gave me prednisone to help open things up. I think I waited too long to go to the urgent care though, or maybe it would not have been so bad.
Maybe you could do a little yoga. I tried that when I was a bit on the mend though, and down dog and head down movements left me where I was coughing and couldn't breathe. I lost weight because I felt it useless to eat when I couldn't taste a thing. I just ate enough to not feel extremely hungry. Most things just did not sound good.

Belinda, hopefully Cathe keeps offering some low impact options. I like some intensity, but I cannot do it all of the time. I guess the biggest problem I had with live and low impact is most of the workouts included weight work. I just wanted a low impact cardio workout and there were not many that were just cardio. I hate those internet issues. We are pretty much stuck with needing internet and then it doesn't always work right.

Doreen, I do some modifications as well when I feel I need it. Sometimes I do some of the moves higher impact and alternate the higher with a lower modifier. That way the knees get a bit of a break. I think there is still a younger group though that likes the high impact stuff and also those that do not have the achy joints "yet". I have pretty much always kept my hair past shoulder length. I have my husband trim it. I used to go to a salon, but don't like going to one and I really procrastinate getting something done with it. When I go to a salon I usually ask for a master stylist. I have had better luck doing that and not having to go home and style my hair before I go back out. I have thin fine hair that wants to wave. For some reason it seems hard to get it styled decent.

Roxie, we are supposed to have some flurries and freezing rain tomorrow. I think it will be a one day thing though. I canceled an appointment for Wednesday because I do not want to needlessly go out in the bad weather for an eye test at the arthritis center. I didn't think think that they have over the counter cough syrups with codeine in them. I think most is dextromethorphen.

Hi everyone,

Still having lots of internet problem. They are sending someone out today. The problem is on the cables outside. I just finished L4 Week 7 Legs 50/50. These workouts kick my butt :) I also walked 1 mile.

Roxie - that is interesting about the meds.

Debbie - how are you feeling? Hope a little better each day.

Jolie - hope you got lots of rest yesterday.

Roselyn - nice job on stacked UB yesterday.

Diane - a few years ago, I went through a touch few years with injuries. I had to look for other instructors. Thankfully I found a few, I will stick with them. I also enjoy hiking/walking, both give me a better step count than jumping around. I hope Cathe will listen to her customers and offers more low impact since there is a need. Cathe is also a Zumba STRONG instructor. No, she will not offer it on her OnDemand. Zumba Strong is copyrighted. Zumba STRONG is tough. I hope she will put out more low impact workouts.

That's it for me today.

Still feeling crappy. I am so tired all the time, all I want to do is sleep. I have one more day of amoxicillan left and then I don't know what to do. I may email my doctor and see if she can prescribe anything else. Ridiculous.

Roxie - I do have an old prescription of cough syrup with codeine and I've been taking that every night, it does help me sleep. But we can't just get that over the counter. In fact, I'm not even sure doctors are aloud to prescribe it anymore here in Ohio? I can't believe people can just ask you for it - here you at least need a prescription to get it. Anyways, at least I do have an old prescription of it and it does work.

Miss working out, I really hate that I get sidelined like this so often anymore. I used to go years without getting sick, now it's becoming a yearly thing.

Sorry about the poor me post. Just feeling miserable and want to be better.

Great workouts everyone!

Debbie, it sounds like you might have what I had during the holidays! Get better soon!

Today I did not want to workout, I almost talked myself out of it. This that said, I picked Cathe Live 2018 Glassboro Roadtrip Upper Body and Core and had the BEST Workout!!!! Cathe's energy in this workout is off the charts and it motivated me to get through the workout with about 200 other people! Now I can say that I have finally gone on a Cathe Road Trip!!! :) Workout was 1 hour and I burned 402 calories. I changed the reps from Cathe's in a lot of the exercises and did more because I didn't have heavy enough weights so I did more reps. This was a 2/2 count workout with no rest between sets. Next time I do the workout I will go heavier on certain exercises. 3 rounds of each Giant Set.

Chest-
Chest Press- 25's x 10, x 10, x 10 ( these were tuff I usually lift 20's )
Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12

Back-
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( substitute from DB pull overs, hurt my shoulder )
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 10, x 10
Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 12, x 12

Shoulders-
Upright Rows- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 10
Lateral Raises- 8's x 12, x 12, x 12

Triceps-
Lying triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 10, x 10
1 Arm Lying Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 12, x 10, x 10
Kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 12, x 12

Biceps-
Traditional Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
Sweeper Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
W Curls- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8

ABS-
Monters- x 12, x 10, x 8
Leg Lifts- x 12, x 10, x 8
Diagonal Bent leg Lifts- x 16, x 16, x 14

EXTRA-
Bicycles x 40
Crunches x 40

Debbie, I think you might like this workout it moves fast and gets your calorie burn up! Feel better :)

Belinda- I hate having internet problems!!! Great job on the workout today, you are rockin it!

Diane Sue- I did the slide lunges and those do not hurt my knees. Side and back. I hate these house showings so much, It is getting old but the market is picking up, the problem is it is now a buyers market, a lot of houses to choose from on the market. Right now we should double what we bought our house for 15 years ago, I am happy about that number!!! I haven't looked for houses too much because they sell fast at the beach so it is a waste of time till I sell mine. We are probably getting a different realtor because the one we have isn't working it hard enough.

Roxie, how are the workouts going? I bet your job is getting better now that you are settling in.

Roselyn, good job on the workout!

Have a nice day.

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to eat but the boss lady keeps hollering for help she can’t do anything without help really getting on my nerves and the old boss wants me to get other shit done because he still owns the store for two more weeks I am so stressed out all I do is eat crap.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.