Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

This morning I started with Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 workout #1 with weights, 32 minutes, 220 calories, met 8.3, 2,772 steps heart rate average 127, max 151. I then did Flex Train, 57 minutes, heart rate 11 average, max 152, 358 calories, met 7.5, 1,921 steps. I finished with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped relaxation stretch, 15 minutes, met 2.0, 37 calories. Calories burned was 615. I used Cathe's weights in Flex Train. Lots of reps and for some reason it did not seem as easy as I remember it being. Maybe I am just not doing enough high rep workouts. They are not a favorite. Plus moves I do not like. I should make myself do these more I guess. I will come back and read. I want to get showered and bundle up. It is freezing cold. We had a storm lat night and you could hear the ice beating down. My husband had to drive in crawling traffic to work this morning. Schools are closed.

Good Afternoon,
It is a horrible day here at work, I came in early for training only had to find out boss lady cancelled the training because we got the same storm Diane got so the roads are slick and whenwe ran billing statements the other night we ran the wrong ones and they got sent to our billing people so we had todo it all again and now we have no January billing history the phone is driving me crazy.

Debbie-I have been going to work early everyday this week and had something going on every evening so I am really in need of a boxing workout to relieve some stress and this weekend I am going out of town with one of my DDs and my sister and nieces for a weekend of fun.

Diane Sue- it was crazy we had thubder and lightning along with ice and snow never have I experienced anything like it here in Kansas and I was born here.

Belinda-sorry about your dog

Jolie-nice having DH comment about your changes.

Reactions: WD
Debbie, that is a good idea. I need to go through my spiral notebook and type the workouts up so they are more legible and I can organize them by dates. Then I could share them. I have done a lot of them. At one time I made a list like Jolie has, but then I just started making notes. I was trying to make sure I didn't repeat workouts unless I really wanted to. My Coffey Fit Raw workouts are starting to need organized by type of workouts etc.. It is getting harder to look through my stack of workouts and printouts to remember which are which since some titles have similarities. Even her rotation was a bit difficult when I did the strength one, I did the wrong workout one of the first times and it was a dumbbell or barbell workout with a similar title to another. I am sore this afternoon from that workout this morning. I am pretty sure I have done that workout that you did today. I pretty much did all of the just upper or just lower body workouts up till the end of the time period that I last signed up for live.

Thinking of core, I was sore after yesterday's core work because I added weight to the Lite core and had weights in the Ice core work. Today I used the 8# and I was struggling with them after all of the plank work with triceps kickbacks and stuff. My arms are tired!! I am looking forward to a foam rolling streaming workout. I have a lot of workouts that incorporate foam rolling. I used to have a Keli Roberts foam rolling dvd that I really liked and I broke it. I have one with some guy that I cannot stand with a full hour foam roller workout. I never want to do it, but I think I still have it. Tony Horton used them a lot throughout P90X2 as part of warm ups and he used one in segments of the recovery workout mixed with yoga. I always liked that one. Again it was near an hour long.

Jolie, you have a list like I started with the first time I signed up for Cathe Live. I am always amazed at how well those woment that are on Cathe's Live workouts keep up all of the time and most with Cathe's weights.
Roxie, that has to be frustrating with the weather and the billing. I hope that you can get it straightened out soon so it is not a worry. My husband and I both were woke up by the storm. We have the glass sun room off of our bedroom and it is really loud when we have storms like that. But, I could tell wind was blowing because it was hitting the bedroom window hard and that window has a storage shed near by that usually blocks some of that.

Belinda, you know me, if I had those workouts for a temporary amount of time, I would take full advantage even if I was still working on another rotation. You can do both ;)

Belinda, I am not so fond of the downloads because of the lack of pre-mixes. I don't mind buying them when I pre-order as they do not cost much, but they are only a little less than the dvds once pre-sale is over and you miss out on some of the benefits of the dvds.

Okay, it is really weird. I was looking for my post from earlier this morning and finally saw a pop up saying there are more posts to view?? I never have had that happen before. Also, does anyone else have problems lately with My Fitness Pal dropping out and it saying it is not responding. Most of the time it comes back. It freezes up on me as well. It is really getting annoying.

I had the funnest workout this morning! I started out with Kelly's RAW Boxing & Drills. Love that one, it is my favorite. I know the moves now and I really worked it. I wore my 1# gloves and got my HR up there.

Then I did Kelly's Meltdown Boxing workout. I skipped the warmup and went right to the first drill. Love this workout, too, very fun. I am punching hard now, I love it!!! My bag base doesn't have enough sand in it so it moves around when I punch it. I put 2 - 30# dumbbells behind it and that helped. I think I need to get more sand. I was drenched after these workout.

Both workouts together was 57 minutes total, burned 393 calories and my HR was 132/206. Not sure how I got to 206, I'm pretty sure I didn't or I would be dead. I'd say I averaged in the 160's during the boxing and drills workout. I had 5154 steps as well. Fun stuff!!!

Belinda - Nice job getting all those workouts in, looks like you are having fun with both LIIFT4 and Cathe's new ones. Glad you can try them out before you buy them. Great job with your workouts!

Jolie - Wow, thank you so much on typing out all those workouts and their dates. I printed it out and will keep it in my workout room. That helps a lot with finding then. Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Diane - Is Flex Train part of Cathe's new series? I don't care for high rep workouts either. Nice job on your workouts yesterday, I like how you always try and get at least a 15 minute stretch it. I wish I had time to do that. We have high winds, ice pellets coming down and very cold weather right now. Yesterday it was 55 degrees. Go figure. I'm looking forward to Kelly posting the foam rolling workout. I have the one by Kelli Roberts too, it's a good one. I should do it once in a while. I've noticed that about posts posting after I leave the website yet they were supposedly posted BEFORE I was checking out the website. I don't get it. Myfitnesspal has been working fine for me.

Roxie - So are you not a pharmacist anymore? Are you working for a pharmacy? Sorry about all the problems you had yesterday. Take a breath, today will be better. :) And have fun with weekend!!

Roselyn - Nice job with Ignite!! Hope your training is going well.

Have great workouts everyone!! And a great weekend.

[
Good morning,

L4 Week 5 D4 Legs 50/50 plus 2 mile walk is done.

Diane Sue - personally prefer the downloads over dvd's. You can easily use the downloads, make your own premixes. LOL, I am curious about the Lite workouts since I canceled my preorder. I do like the weight workouts. I am trying to downsize my collection, not sure if I need Lite? Not sure about the cardio once. They are fun put I already have enough of low impact/similar workouts.

Debbie - I do have fun reviewing the new workouts. I am not sure if I will buy them in the future ? I don't like the music :( I can't remember which workout I did? I felt like I was working out to a mid evil tv show (the tv show Vikings comes to mind) :oops: or working out in an Irish Pub :) I liked the music in X Train. We are all different when it comes to music. Anyway, Cathe's doesn't follow beat to the music . In PHA two of the background exercisers have bad form during the side/front lateral raises. Maybe they both were confused on that exercise as I was :pI only have a few more weight workouts to review. I am glad I get to review them.

Thank you, Roxie! Sorry about work. I hope it gets better.

Have a wonderful Friday and workout, everyone. BBL!

Last edited:
Happy Friday everyone!! This week has been some LITE workouts, some Michelle Dozois Club routines and some workouts I found on youtube. Everyone's workouts look great - good work!

I keep saving the files anytime anyone posts Cathe Live lists or breakouts. I want to have them as reference when I do another month of Live. I tried to start a RAW list to try to take notes on workouts but it would be out of date now since she has added so much since last fall when I subscribed. I'll have major updates to that when I re-subscribe! I will try to link it below. I've never shared a table before so it may or may not work!

Belinda - Yes, it's by Elise. There are two men who do the workout behind her. They each do the other two workouts in the series. All are good workouts.

Thank you, Debbie! I will give that one a try this weekend. They do have quit a lot. Haven't done any of their yoga yet.

Today I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets, same workout as I did earlier in the week, I love it and it is a great calorie burn. Workout is 1 hour and I burned 501 calories. Instead of the last giant set of core I added on some extra exercises. I will list the extra exercises but not the whole workout because it is in my previous workout post. Average heart rate was 117 and max was 162. After my workout I cleaned my entire gym room moving everything I could to vacuum or dust or sweep and I burned an additional 160 calories :)

Tomorrow I am going to visit my parents in Palm Springs so I will not be working out in the gym but I will get a lot of walking in... :)

Extra Exercises:

Lying Triceps ext.- 8's x 24
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16
Bicep Curls- 15's x 16
Chest Flies- 15's x 16
Double leg, leg raises- x 12
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 12# x 12
Leg Ext.- 50# x 16, x 16

Debbie, i am glad that you enjoyed your workout today, sounds fun!
Belinda, nice workout and good job on the two mile walk as well :)
Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today.
Doreen, Good job on Cathe's new workouts.
Roxie, I am sure your job will settle down and everything goes easier. I know when you start a new job it is stressfull how to figure everything out.
Roselyn, I am so happy you are getting your workouts in with going to school full time.

Have a nice weekend!

Good Afternoon,

I forgot to post my workout last night I did Lite Rev’d Rumble timesaver #5 no cardio drills 31 minutes 124 calories my second time with this workout and the combo is really hard and to learn.

Debbie-I bought some healthy choice meals to bring to work

This morning I did Cathe's Fit Split mixed Impact cardio only time saver, 29 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 150 ( I sure felt it should have been higher), 2,525 steps, met 7.5, 200 calories. I took the met level down from what the workout manager has. It just did not coincide with everything else even with my own weight and that met. I am guessing that the met values are based on after burn for those Hiit type workouts. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush , 32 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 158, 2,149 steps, met 8.3, 233 calories. Anyway, the time with the Fit Split is really short because a lot of it is warm up and stretch which takes the heart rate average down. I always have a hard time understanding the way the Hiit workouts work. I finished off with a newer Sarah Beth Yoga on You Tube which held the stretches longer. This was a 20 minute morning yoga that was a bit over 19 minutes, met 2.2, 46 calories, 14 steps :p I have to count all of those steps. Total time was 80 minutes, calories burned 479. Steps 4688.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday. Way to go getting them in while you are going to beauty school.

Debbie, great workout choices. It does look fun. I have been wanting to go back to the heavy bag again, but my wrists and hands have been bothering me so, I have held off for now. I love doing them. Being familiar with the workouts really does make a difference on how much we can put into the workouts. I love Boxing and Drills. It seems I have been adding it in most weeks since it came out. Flex train came out as an individual workout when Cathe did the Party Rockin step workouts, Rock out Knock out (which I love), Great glutes, and lean legs and abs. It is a mixture of metabolic and high reps. The heaviest weight used is 25# and that was just for rows. Otherwise it was all pretty light. I think the most I used was 10#. The music is good in all of these workouts. That is one of the things that makes me want to use them. I do feel the first part of Lean Legs and Abs and Flex train are pretty similar with compound moves like squat to overhead press. I kind of remember you getting the Keli Roberts dvd. My heavy bag twists and swings since it is hanging. I have it fastened down to a loop on the stand with a bungie, but it still moves some. Even at 100#. I could buy a device they have that was on the Amazon page with it that is a weigh base that hooks to the loop on the bottom to hold it down. I am not sure how effective it would be though. I bet more sand would help. Did they give you an idea of how many pounds to put in it?

Belinda, I like the Cardio Party for low impact. No getting down on the floor for squat thrusts and that sort of thing. It appears the calorie crushes have quite a bit of impact and intensity to them. I think I prefer the pyramid bonuses as a longer workout like the Pump dvd, because they are too short as a stand alone strength workout. Maybe several combined or added to another type of weight workout. The Muscle Meltdown workouts on Ice were better. As far as music, it seems rare anymore to find workouts with music that I really enjoy. Ice had music that reminded me of some carnival background or something and some of it had sirens in the background. I think it was the Rock m Sock m. I remember looking out the window to see if there were emergency vehicles or something. I got used to it after awhile. I heard some bits of these sound tracks in Hammer and Chisel.

Doreen, are those your charts for Raw and Live? It looks pretty cool. Cathe has done quite a few workouts since I last did her live workouts.

Jolie, good for you adding some other work to the end of that live workout. I like core work :) Cleaning the gym thoroughly is quite a task. I have so many things that need moved around. The best cleaning is when I rearrange things. Then I can get behind the free standing heavy bag, speed bag stand well. Otherwise I am using the vacuum hose and working on my hands and knees. I have to move other items and weight rack. My art corner has to have everything moved. I can see that being lots of work in itself.

Roxie, I used to buy the Healthy Choice dinners a lot. That would be a good option for lunches. I keep hearing from the Whole 30 group about some frozen meals that are Walmart brand that are really good choices. High protein and veggies. I have not tried any though.

Diane Sue - I also enjoy Cardio Party too. Although it's not a true low impact workout, there are still some impact. I didn't jump or lift my feet of the floor. It is a step down from Cathe's other workouts. I skip Calorie Crush, too high impact for me. I do agree, with the muscle meltdowns in ICE. The Pyramid Bonus workouts, remind me of the original Pyramid workout except you only do 1 body part. I never noticed the siren in Rock m Sock m. Now I have to check it out. A lot of streaming sites do play real cover music.

Today I did the 2nd workout from the 3-Day Refresh series and did Relax and Restore. Love this one, it really works on the hips and hamstrings. It's 30 minutes and I'm feeling petty good right now.

DH and I are heading out so I do not have time for personals. Nice workouts yesterday, everyone!!!!

Last night I stopped by the thrift store to poke around. And I found a surprise- the complete BodyShred 12 disc set by Jillian Michaels for $5! I had bought it, worked through all the routines and then sold it thinking I would not ever revisit it and wanted some money back out of it. Well - for $5 I don't mind owning it to do a workout or two every now and then. I'm busy ripping them all to my hard disc so I can stream them to my Roku. Since Jillian has these set up as Push workouts and pull workouts I'm contemplating doing them in a rotation with Fit Split so I get heavy lifting Push and then Hiit Cardio push on one day and the Pull Lifting and then Pull cardio. I may try that and see how well it would work.

Hi everyone,

Today I did a 3 mile walk + Susanne Bowen lower body stretch. My lower body is super sore from L4 legs. Need to stretch more.

DH and I going to a Spay-ghetti & No Balls Dinner at Barrel Oak Winery tonight. It's a fundraiser for the Middleburg Humane Foundation. Last year I wanted to go, but Brawler was very sick.

Debbie - I will do the one you posted tomorrow. Good job!

Have a great workout and weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.