Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2019!!

Good Evening,

I have had to go to work early and I have had things to do after work the last two days so no workouts since Sunday. The new job does allow me to eat more if I have something to eat. I bought some healthy choice meals to take with me and I can snack at my desk.

Diane Sue- I put my Fitbit on my shoe I attach it to my shoe laces to get my step count.

Debbie-Imhave your problem today my righ outer hamstring hurts it hit all of a sudden. We are expecting ice tonight and it’s really cold.

Roxie my phone tracks steps and I have an arm band for it, but it is uncomfortable dragging a galaxy phone around hanging on my shoulder. I don't know how well it would work with the lanyard that came with my phone case. I never thought of attaching the tracker to my shoes. The only thing is, it won't track heart rate then, will it?

Diane Sue - if I would get the new workouts, I would get the downloads. I would defiantly get the weights training once. The ones I had done are great, I really like them. If you like and use band workouts a lot, I would get this one too. Like I said, it was better than the one from Shock Cardio Series. I only done that workout twice...I think. The Pyramid Bonus workouts, are short most of the range from 6-8 min are great add ons. Great job today. A lot of people like PHA a lot, the Metabolic from what I read is easier than ICE. I will let you know, I should get some more workouts in this week.

Jolie - I feel the same way you do with band workouts. I just don't use band workouts enough. Your workouts look amazing. Great job!

Debbie - fantastic job, on CC1 today. You are doing great getting your stretches in. I am almost done with L4. Time flies!

Roxie - hope you feel better.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Got my workout in early, need to take my dog to the vet. I think, he is going blind. I did a 3 mile walk.

I will try to review PHA later. Hopefully I have time. BBL!

Today I walked on my treadmill for about 22 minutes and then did Chill Flow from Beach Body again. Last time I couldn't do the twisting moves, this time I could. My waist and sides are so sore from Sunday's workout, but after doing this it loosened up and feels better. My hamstring and glute on my right side were killing me yesterday, I think I overdid it with the running, but today it feels ok. I heated it and after Chill Flow I felt better. I can't believe just how tight my body is, I guess that's what I get for neglecting stretching and doing weight workouts like I do. I like what I'm doing now and including everything with my rotation. I am feeling much better.

Walking workout was 22 minutes, burned 113 calories, went 1.07 miles and did 2589 steps.

I don't have much time for personals this morning, I will try to be back later.

I ordered the Lite Metabolic this time.

Belinda, I am sure that I want the Lite weight workouts. Maybe not the band workout and I am pulled on the Kickboxing one. It sounds pretty light on effort. Or at least that is my impression. I may change my mind. What would the vet do for your dog if it is going blind? I am sorry that is happening. I suspected that my dog that I lost from the tick born disease was going to go blind. Her eyes seemed a bit cloudy and as much as she loved any food, she got to the point where I would hold a treat in front of her and I had to get it close enough that she could sniff it before she would grab it. Just a few odd things here and there where she did not seem to see things right away. I like the Ice metabolic pretty well. Some seem to hit the shoulders way to much in order to get a cardio effect from doing upper and lower. I wish they did not do that so much. Kelly gets that not everyone can do overhead presses so much. She will switch off movements during a workout or occasionally leaver ohead press out of workouts and do something else. I prefer Ice Boot camp Circuit to the Strong and Sweaty Boot camp which has way too much jumping and burpee type moves. I do it once in awhile because it is more intense, but SS Boot camp is not a favorite go to workout.

Debbie, nice work today. I am glad the heat and yoga helped. It is so easy to want to eliminate the stretching and yoga. I need to get upstairs and do my workout so maybe I will have time for some stretching before I finish chores and pick up my grandson today.

Roxie, I will have to try the tracker in a different area. It is hard see how it would pick up heart rate that way though.

Today I did Cathe Live Twenty Five workout, wow! I have done this workout once before and I really like it when I want a light weight workout combined with exercises that create a real cardio effect. Workout was 56 minutes with the stretch and I burned 457 calories. Heck, I burned 50 calories just in the warm up, It is a really good warm up. My average heart rate was 125 and max was 161. There are a lot of metabolic exercises which I like on no heavy lifting day. My husband actually noticed my hard efforts paying off, saying my lower body is leaning out and that makes me super happy! I haven't lost any weight but I am starting to look leaner, I think I am gaining muscle.

Belinda, nice job on the walk and I hope you get to try PHA, you will like it! My last dog went blind due to Diabetes. Its not the end of the world you just have to help them out more than before. :)

Debbie, My hamstring was sore yesterday from Plie squats and I took an aleve and woke up with it feeling better. I can only imagine what you are going through. Remember in July I tore a muscle in my shoulder, or so I think that what it was, it still hurts. That's why I cant do DB pullovers, it just irritates it to this day. I am happy you got a nice stretch in today, hopefully you benefit from it.

Diane Sue, I made my first juice drink yesterday and it came out so good! I love my machine and cant wait to try different recipes. I will check back in to see what you did for your workout today. Nice job yesterday!

Have a nice day.

Jolie - my dog Brawler passed away 7 month ago, he had DM (Degenerative Myelopathy) or ALS/ Lou Gehrig's disease in humans. Brawler needed my help to get around in his K9 cart. I just went through this with Brawler and no ChuChu :( The vet checked his eye, said it's from aging. ChuChu will turn 15 years old in November this year. He also took some blood test to see if it's not Diabetes. Everything looks fine. ChuChu is and old dog. He is still very active and happy :) I can't wait to PHA today. Good job this morning.

Diane Sue - can try the workouts On Demand first? I think, Cathe offers a free week trial. This way you can try them before you buy them. Did you get downloads or DVD? Some people like Lite series and some don't. I am glad I get to try them first, not sure I I want them in my collection? ChuChu is getting old, he is over 14 years old. The vet took blood test, they all came out fine. He is just an old dog :(

I just got done with PHA 2.

Had a great workout. This one moved from one exercise to the next with no break. Time went by fast. These are all the weights that Cathe used. I could have gone heavier. I hope I will get another one done this week.

Round 1:
Side to Side Sumo Squats - #15/12 reps (side to side counts as one rep)
One Arm row - #15/10 reps each side (alternating rows with palm facing forward and then back = 1 rep)
Forward leaning Glute Lunge - 10#12 reps each side (1 foot on topper of the step)
Pullovers on the step- 12's
Standing Squats -15's / 12 reps
Pushups - 5 reps (down 2 up 2, 2 singles = 1 rep)
Rear Lunges of the step w/3 risers - 10's/12 reps each side
Close Crip Bench Press - 15's/(5 sets ( down 2 up 2, 2 singles count = 1 set)
Repeat all exercise one more time.

Round 2;
Side Lunge - 15#/12 reps each side
Biceps curls - 12's/12 reps (2/2 count)
Elevated Push Dips with one leg on step (3 risers each side) - 8 lb DB's /12 reps/each side
Side to Front Lateral Raises - 5's/ 24 reps ( front of the hips than to the side) second time around I got this one!
Static Lunge - 15# /12 reps each side
W curls - 12's/12 reps (2/2 count)
Deadlifts 15's/ 12 reps - (2/2 count)
Lying Triceps Ext. - 10's (2/2 count) Cathe elevates her legs on the step. I didn't.
Repeat all the exercises one more time.

Stretch

Last edited:
I started my workout with Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and drills and wore my 1# gloves throughout, 29 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 165, met 8.3, 220 calories, 2,630 steps. I then did Ice Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard blast, 14 minutes, heart rate average 142, max 170, 1,687 steps, met 8.8. I wanted to do abs today so did Ice core #1 and lite abs #1, 21 minutes, 88 calories, met 5.0. I finished off with Lite extended stretch, 14 minutes, 40 calories, met 3.5. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 464.

Jolie, that is great that the Live 25 worked out well for you and you liked it. I kind of remember a Live 200 which was interesting. That juice sounded like one that I would like. I have never had a juicer. I just used my Ninja.

Belinda, PHA 2 looks good. I won't sign up for on demand. I am not sure that they would give me the free trial anyway since I have done the live twice now. The cost for a dvd isn't much different than paying for on demand for a month. I am pretty sure I want the weight workouts. I am just on the fence on the kickboxing and not terribly interested in the body and band workout. It is good to hear that there is nothing serious other than age going on with Chu Chu.

Roselyn, nice job getting in the Lite Stacked lower body.

Diane Sue - try to sign up for the free trial and see what happens? I guess you are right about the cost of the monthly On Demand/DVD. If you buy 3 or 4 single dvd's, you may as well get the entire set, JMO. I will wait until Black Friday, usually Cathe has 40% off her downloads. The price ends up being like the pre sale price. I have too many other workouts I have to go through first. I also want to sign up for Cathe On Demand.

Jolie - let me know how you like it :) I posted all the weights Cathe used. I also did my best to describe all the exercises/reps patters.

So I think from now on we need to post the workout date of Cathe Live workouts. It helps to find them. I did Live Strong Upper Body with Core this morning - one that Jolie did a while ago. I couldn't find it, though, because there were several strong upper body ones so I chose this one and started doing it and I was keeping track of the exercises. Funny thing, I was writing it on the other side of the sheet I had printed out from the workout Jolie did and when I got to chest I realized it was that workout. LOL!! So I already had it printed out. :)

This was an excellent workout. OMG, I am still feeling it. Giant sets and she goes from one exercise to another and your muscles really burn while doing it. Had to lower my weights quite a bit. Fun stuff! And I loved the core work.

Strong Upper Body w/Core - 10/23/14 - 57 minutes
3 sets each round with 12 reps

BACK
One Arm Row:
25#
Pullover: 25#
(Superset)

SHOULDERS
Standing Overhead Press:
15's
Rear Flies: 12's/10's/10's
Front Raise: 12#
Lateral Raise: 8's/5's/5's
(Giant Set) - this killed!

CHEST
Chest Flies:
20's
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's/15's/15's
Pushups: 12 reps just single count
(Giant Set)

TRICEPS
Standing Overhead Extension:
20#/20#/15#
Lying Extensions: 12's/10's/10's
Dips: 32 reps fast
(Giant Set)

BICEPS
Standing Dumbbell Curl:
15's
W Curl: 12's/12's/10's
Crazy 8: 10's/8's/8's
(Giant Set)

CORE
Used 8# dumbbell for entire thing, this was an excellent core workout. Started with standing exercises then ended up on the floor for the rest. Awesome!!

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 390 calories. HR was 131/167.

Diane - I often wonder how people can clock their steps if they are bike riders. I think I would do what Roxie does and put it on my ankle - at least just for the workout. Not sure it would keep an accurate HR, though. But at least you'd get a pretty good idea of how many steps you do. Nice job on your workouts these last couple days. You are rockin' it! I think I might do Kelly's Boxing and Drills tomorrow, love that one. I want to try her foam workout as well.

Jolie - My hamstring did bother me quite a bit yesterday after my running. The yoga workout I did helped it quite a bit and then I took some Aleve. I really wish I knew what I did to my glute and hamstring. I know what your friend is going through!! And yes, I remember when you hurt your shoulder. I did that too, way back when. Took forever to heal. I'm sure continuing to workout doesn't help, but I can't stop working out for 8 to 12 weeks.

Belinda - Wow, you are almost done with your 2nd round of LIIFT4? How is that possible? Nice job doing that over again. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog going blind, I guess that happens when they age. He'll be ok as long as you guys don't move things around in your house. Nice job with PHA, that looked like fun. How are you able to combine LIIFT4 with the new Cathe workouts? Are you skipping any of the LIIFT workouts?

Roselyn - Great job with your workout!! You are also rocking it!

Roxie - Have you gotten a workout in this week?? Hope you are doing well with your eating.

Have great workouts today everyone!!!

Good morning,

L4 W5 Shoulder intervals plus 1 mile walk is done.

Debbie - LOL, no I am not skipping LIFT workouts. I figured since I have the Lite workouts here for a few day's, I may as well review them. I know I am crazy. I am trying to decide if I want them. I think I am safe :) Your Cathe Live workout looks amazing. BBL!

Last edited:
Debbie, here you go!

Strong Express Upper Body- 1/31/19
Kick, Box, Bags- 1/17/19
Twenty Five- 1/3/19
Awesome Upper Body- 12/27/18
Lower Body, Upper Body DB Challenge- 10/18/18
Super Sets- 8/2/18
Total Body Toning- 6/7/18
Toasted Trisets- 5/3/18
Vertical Loading 2- 4/19/18
Pumped Upper Body- 2/15/18
PHA 3- 2/8/18
Jabs and Kicks- 1/18/18
Jabs and Abs- 9/21/17
Buff Upper Body- 8/17/17
Warrior Kickboxig- 5/11/17
Upper Body with core express- 3/9/17
Vertical Loading- 11/3/16
Total Body Giant Sets- 6/30/16
Gloved Up and Ready- 2/4/16
Total Body Tone Up- 12/17/15
Strong Total Body- 11/12/15
Strong Upper Body Express- 9/24/15
PHA Training- 7/2/15
Boxing and Leg Blast- 4/30/15
Push Pull Total Body- 4/2/15
Lean Lower Body- 1/18/15
Kickboxing and Compound weights- 12/4/14
Strong Upper Body with Core- 10/23/14
Total Body Reps- 9/25/14
Total Body Sculpt- 9/4/14
Upper Body Sculpting- 7/3/14
Hardstrikes low impact boxing- 6/19/14

These are all of the workouts that I have already done or still want to try :)

Today I am taking my second rest day for the week. These Live workouts are really hard so I need two days off per week instead of one.

Debbie, nice workout today, I love that workout! I posted all of the workouts I have done and still want to try in my previous post, I hope that helps.

I will be back later to read all of the posts, running late I have so many errands to do today.

Have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.