Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Today I did D3 of Amy's xmas challenge. It was. strength with mobility. I really like her workouts.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Debbie - I got the chest CT scan done yesterday. She said it will take about 24 hours to get the results. Great job on your workout today.

Diane - hope you get some sleep soon. I couldn't sleep either with my shoulder/neck. Hopefully you get some answers soon.

Cam - I love CL. I think you would like it.

Jolie - Wow, on your walk yesterday. No wonder you are tired. Sorry about your hot flashes.

Roselyn - are you going to sign up for BB on Demand? Great job on your workout yesterday too. How are you doing? Still thinking about you.

Reactions: WD
I forgot it was December today.

Today I did RAW 4 Day Split Bi's and Tri's and had an excellent workout. It was followed with a Heavy Bag Finisher which I did as well. These workouts are short but they pack a punch. My bi's and tri's were shaking by the time I was finished.

This workout was 1 minute for each exercise/10 second rest. This was a great, intense workout.

Biceps
Supinated Curls
: 15's
W Curl to Rotate to Front: 12's
Hammer Curls: 15's (slow 4 counts up and down)
Bicep burnout w/Tube - Alternate Curls
Repeat

Triceps
Overhead Extension
: 15#
Kickbacks: 8's
Dips
Kickbacks w/Tubing
(burnout set)
Repeat

I warmed up on my treadmill for 5 minutes, did this workout and then followed it up with the Heavy Bag Finisher, which I love. So the entire workout time was 44 minutes, burned 187 calories (BS), did 2180 steps and HR was 100/160.

Belinda - So what happened about your CT Scan? When did you get that done? Hope all is good.

Jolie - Isn't it weird how these hot flashes come and go? I've been good for a while now, knock on wood, and only have about 1 a day. I don't have night sweats anymore and haven't for about a year. Hope they go away for you soon, I know how annoying that is. Kelly's step workouts in RAW are easy to follow and no turning in most of them. They are fun, too, but not very long. Most of them average 30-40 minutes.

Cam - Great job with your workout yesterday!

Diane - When is your appointment with the Orthopedic doctor? It can't come soon enough, I'm sure!! I hope they can help you out, dealing with pain daily is very hard. Makes everything miserable.

Have a great workout everyone!!!

Today I tried my new workout, Core De Force MMA Smash and it was just ok. Why? They tried to do their own workout but really, they just copied Les Mills Combat in so many ways, even the phrases that Rachel and Dan use and they catch themselves doing it. This workout really is for more beginners to intermediate exercisers, but I found it too easy in a way so I did my own thing if I did not like what they were doing. Workout was 31 minutes and I burned 332 calories. Next, I pulled out a goodie, Powerstrike 5 and did half the workout, all of the combinations since I was already warmed up from the previous workout. Now, this is what I am talking about, great workout! You can focus on form and really feel like you are doing Karate. I will be doing Illaria's workouts more in the future. I wore my 1-pound gloves and boy am I going to be sore tomorrow after 1 hour of punching. Also, I have not done a lot of kicks lately either, so I will be sore in the legs too, especially the hamstrings. Workout was one hour, and I burned 544 calories. If I was to get Beach Body or Les Mills for kickboxing, I would definitely get Les Mills. Way less talking, better queuing and better workouts. Beach Body instructors never shut up!

Debbie, great workout today. I would do KCM workouts, but I just do not want to subscribe to it right now. I have several of her DVD's that I will pull out and try those first. I went and bought some CBD yesterday and I slept better last night. It really calms my system down and I didn't have as many hot flashes. I am not nearly as bad as I was a few years back, not even close.

Belinda, nice job on the workout today.

Diane Sue, I hope you are doing ok, I pray for you each day for a speedy recovery.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Tonight was Tracy Steen 50 min Upperbody Supersets with no repeat cardio sets. Loved it! I liked that there was no floor work. Sometimes I want a break from plank/pushup/burpee moves. I am a little sore from yesterday's lower body w.o.which surprises me because it didn't seem that tough, but my butt and thighs are telling me otherwise.

Jolie, your workout description made me chuckle. I agree, I really do not like any Beach Body's. It's like they OD'd on peppy pills. Years ago I worked with a Beach Body coach. She was constantly trying to sell me crap. I found it a little scammish, almost cult like. Glad your workout got a good finish.

Good job on your workouts Ladies!

This morning I did a short step workout, RAW Just Step, which is really fun, easy to follow and gets my HR up there. I haven't done it in a while and glad I chose to do it today.

Workout was 26 minutes, burned 163 calories, HR was 117-144 and I did 2598 steps.

I also did CDorner's 18 Minute Neck and Shoulder Stretch which I really needed. Love this one and the music that is in it.

Jolie - I bet you're glad you didn't subscribe to BeachBody. I think they have some great workout series, but it is way too expensive. And you're right, they do talk too much. Just so you know, the RAW subscription is only $8.99 a month, I think. I was only paying $6.99 a month but I think it went back up. But seriously, what's $8.99? That's like .25 cents a day. The step workout I did today had no over the step anythings, it was easy to follow and my HR was up there. Just saying. I think you would enjoy this channel and you can get it on Roku now. Nice job with your kickboxing/martial arts workout yesterday!! Glad you were able to sleep better, that makes all the difference in the world.

Roselyn - Nice job with Beast Legs!!

Belinda - Hope your scan went well. I must have missed something because I didn't even know you were having one. How come? Hope you are ok and got your results back.

Cam - Great job on your workout, is Tracy on Youtube or are you doing DVD's? I need to check her out.

Diane - Hope you are doing well today and hope you were able to get some sleep.

Take care everyone! Have great workouts!!

Good morning,

D4 with Amy Hitt workouts is done.

Debbie - I still have that cough since I had covid. My doctors wants to make sure it's not something else going on. The covid cough can take up months. I should get the results today. I don't think they will find anything since they couldn't find anything on the X-rays. I will look up the shoulder and neck stretch today. Great job today.

Jolie - great job yesterday.

Roselyn - nicely done.

BBL

I went for my yearly check up today. I got my last pneumonia vaccine today. We updated a lot of stuff and I made a copy of all of my stuff from the rheumatologist and gave that to her and she copied it so she could put it in my files. She wants me to get a bone scan when I go get my mammogram next month(hopefully that works) I have been going to the same place for a lot of years for all of that.
I set up the online charts for the orthopedic center and their health center yesterday and today was able to fill out all of my check in stuff for next week and put pictures of my insurance cars on it. This is so much better than filling out tons of paper work when I get there. 6 days till I go to the orthopedic surgeon. My elbow hurts so much today when I try to straighten my arm. I really need to get some cardio in.

Debbie, good idea to do the 4 day split with the heavy bag finisher. I like Just Step for a quick cardio workout. I am still paying 6.99 for Raw workouts. I do think it went up a little for those that stopped and came back or new subscribers. That is a really good neck and shoulder stretch. I keep some of those favorites where they are easy to find.

Belinda, I used to have a doctor that was always doing chest x rays and giving me an antibiotic saying it was chronic bronchitis. No one else ever came to that conclusion, it has always been allergies. That was many years ago and the coughing is still always there. It comes and goes and is worse during high pollen counts. If I had a lingering cough from covid, I probably would not have noticed unless I had something to cough up as mine is itchy throat and sinuses and dry. I hope that that gets better for you. I hate coughing as it stresses my neck.

Jolie, I always thought that a lot of the Beach Body instructors were really into themselves or something. Cocky and show offy. Something like that. Although I have bought a lot of the workouts. I just quit as I kept finding that after the initial use they were never my go to workouts. I would do them out of guilt for having spent all of that money on them (and they are over priced) once in awhile. I do love Les Mills Combat and those I have went back to from time to time.
Thank you for the prayers. I swear I just spend a lot of my days sitting around. I get a lot of reading in though. I am getting restless.

Cam, nice work with Tracey Steen. I like it when I see the instructor say all standing on the workouts. I wish there was not so much of the burpees and mountain climbers and that sort of thing.

Roselyn, way to go on Body Beast Back.

Today I did R/C Fitness 30 min. Low Impact to 70's & 80's rock. It actually had me a little winded. I liked it. Unfortunately they are now leaving YT and going paid subscription service. Oh well. I think they will be successful. I like their style of cardio and weights. I also did Tracy Steen Mobility Stretch.

Debbie, Kelly does some fun step. My favorite is still Ready, Step, Go. Tracy Steen has a YT channel. She has a ton of workouts. I think she is my most go-to lately. I used to do a lot of Penny Barnshaw, but my neck is not ready yet to resume most of her workouts.

Diane, 6 more days. Yay! Are you able to walk outdoors? That might be the best exercise right now to keep you loose.

Belinda, good job with Amy. Hope the cough goes away soon.

This morning I did RAW 4 Day Split Shoulders and Legs. Love this workout, it really gets in there good. My legs and shoulders were really feeling this today.

1 minute each exercise with 10 second rest

LEGS
Heel Front Squats
: 15's
Deadlift Down, Squat Up: 15's
BSS: 15#
Repeat

SHOULDERS
Shoulder Press
: 10's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Front Raise: 8's
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 8's (30 seconds)
Repeat

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 132 calories, did 1422 steps, HR was 103/170. I did a 5 minute warmup on my treadmill as well. The finisher is the kettlebell workout but I'm not a big fan of kettlebell workouts so I got on my Max Training and did a workout on that.

That was 15 minutes, burned 74 calories (MT said 102), did .36 miles, went 943 steps and HR was 104/131. I killed it on this thing this morning!

I don't have time for personals, I have an 8:30 meeting so I need to get ready for that. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hello! I guess I've been out since Thankgiving. We were at my in-laws for the week and had no internet - barely a cell signal. I had to do workouts off an app on my phone with a timer.

Can't wait for Kelly's new workouts to come.

Cam - who is R/C Fitness? Is that the name of their channel? I always like to check out new YT channels. Some goodies out there.

Yesterday it was like 70 degrees here so I went for a bike ride for 75 minutes and it was great!

This morning I did a 40 minute strength cardio by Nourish Move Love on Youtube. I like her workouts although she can get a bit chatty too! But her combos and workout organizatons are spot on and I enjoy.

Today I had a great workout, I did a newer Cathe Live workout #344, Upper Body Pump, a high rep workout and I loved it. It was 45 minutes and I burned 325 calories, I lifted with lighter weights and that was ok because mostly it was a rep count X 20 reps. Then I jumped on the treadmill and walked uphill for 23 minutes, 6.0 incline, 3.1 speed and burned a total of 222 calories. Total workout time was 64 minutes and I burned 547 calories. I will post the workout below. I did have to do some different exercises when Cathe was doing push ups and I added in two back exercises since she barely hit back.

Bicep Curls- 12's x 20 reps
Bicep Curls with 1.5's- 12's x 8
Traditional Curls - 10's x 20
Incline Curls- 10's x 20
1 Arm Rows- 15# x 8
1 Arm Horz. Row 15# x 8
1 Arm Row to Horz. Row alternating- 15# x 8
Cable Pull Overs- 30# x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 20
Narrow Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 20
Seated Overhead Press- 12's x 20
Seated Overhead Press with 1.5's x10's x 8
Seated Arnold Press12's x 12
High Incline Chest Press- 12's x20
Incline Chest Press with 1.5's- 12's x 10
Upright Rows Drop Set- 12's x8, 10's x 10, 8's x 12
Rear Delt Flies standing- 5's x 10, x 8, x 6 reps
Incline Front Raise- 5's x 30
Incline Front Raise with 1.5's- 5's x 8
Chest Flies- 10's x 20
Chest Press- 15's x 20
Alternating hands Chest Press 12's x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 12's x 20
Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's x 20
Lying Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 16
Core- 3 exercises x 20 reps. I did different exercises than what Cathe did because I hate planks.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. KCM's monthly dues are very low, I might sign up after the new year. Cathe did a Live workout that includes step with weights so I will try that one soon.

Diane Sue, can you walk on your Tread climber or outside? Maybe go to a park and just walk for a long time to loosen everything up. I can't believe you have to wait 6 more days, what a joke.

Doreen, great to have you back! Great job on the bike ride and workout. It has been warm here too except for today and the next couple and then warm again. We need some rain and snow, our state is in a drought again.

Cam, way to go on the workout. I love free workouts on Youtube.

Roselyn, STS is awesome, I always enjoy that rotation. Do it!

Have a wonderful day. I am so behind for Christmas again this year, I never know what to buy anyone anymore since everyone is so particular.

Yesterday I did CDorner Low Impact Steady State first half(modified to lower and no right arm movement) 21 minutess, 145 calories, 2,213 steps, heart rate 152/177 o_O My blood pressure was up yesterday still. It is back down today. I also did Coffey FIt Raw Stretch stopping at cobra, 19 minutes, 37 calories. Yesterday afternoon I ran a fever for awhile which I am guessing is due to my shot. I may get on the treadclimber this afternoon when my husband goes out to a gun range and takes a friend to lunch. I feel better today and my neck did not hurt when I got up and the arm with the shot is not so sore.
Jolie we have walkers all over here especially up and down the new road behind our house where they are starting to add houses. I just do not want to do it. If I did I would like to take my dog, but she would probably tug too much at first. I have tried walking around the yard several times a day. It helps get a few steps in throughout the day. We got all of the Christmas shopping done and my husband wrapped them and put up our tree and decorated:)

I took my dog for a little bike ride/run last night. I had a bike light on my handlebars and the pupper on his harness and retractable leash. All was going well until we kicked up some deer. He took off and the handle on the harness where the leash clips broke so he took off! It was so dark I couldn't see him at all. So little panic attack but he must have already been tired or lost sight/smell of the deer because he came right back to me within a minute. Now I'm going to have to search for new harness - he was probaby going to outgrow soon anyway. And I need to start training him on the e-collar I bought right before T-giving.

I did 30 mintues of a CDoerner step workout she did with Amanda - fun combos - I'll have to try to finish it sometime.

This morning I did Tracy Steen 50 min. No Repeat Full Body Strength by Muscle Group. Good workout. She works about 4 different exercises for each muscle group which even included abs and cardio sets.My neck and shoulders are feeling great lately. I just think I over did it with the cleaning before Thanksgiving that caused some pain. I may have had a little muscle strain but I don't know and as long as I am doing better, I won't over think it.

Diane, glad you were able to exercise a little. Yeah, walking your dog would be a bad idea. I am decorating tomorrow with my daughters. I am picking up my mom from assisted living jail too. Maybe get a little Christmas spirit in her this year, since I couldnt take her out last year. A staff person tested positive for covid today and they better not lock her down again or I will have a fit. She needs to be with family.

Doreen, glad you are back. RC Fitness is the YT channel. They have some good full body workouts. I haven't done their shorter ones, but do like their cardio and weight work. They went to subscription pretty quick, but can't blame them for wanting to make some money. We posted at the same time. What kind of dog do you have? Mine thinks she's big and bad when she chases deer out of the yard. She doesn't go too far, but I could never ride a bike with her. Good lord I would end up in the emergency room. My Lab has mind of her own.

Good workouts everyone! Gloomy, cold day here.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Today I did BodyFit by Amy Live 35-Minute Dumbbell HIIT Workout. Lots of mobility thrown in there.
She didn't posted the workout until late this afternoon. Great workout.

Have a great evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.