Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2019

Good morning,

My friend came over and we did CL #118 Long & Sculpted legs. This one would be great for a travel lower body minus the stability ball. Although on second thought you probably could do it on a chair/table. The stability was very repetitive. She kept doing a ton of leg lifts on the ball, after that she did 8 sets of 8 reps. I feel like my legs are going to fall off. I do a lot of barre workouts, I had to take a break by set 6. I did lower body barre yesterday, lol.

Debbie - thank you. I am just alternating lower, upper and cardio. I still do SBF barre workouts daily. I am so excited my family are coming next year. Except my nephew no-one came yet. It's always us flying to Germany. It's going to be a lot of fun seeing them again. Maybe you have a tear? Maybe you should see a doctor or get an X-ray. I hope you feel better soon. What exercise move did you do that caused this?

Jolie - I am thinking signing up for CL Jan 1 :) So far, I like it. How are you feeling today?

Diane - good luck with your doc appointment today.

Roslyn - hope you feeling better each day.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

Reactions: WD
Diane - Thanks for that information I'll check it out.

I am almost pain free but still feel tightness when I do certain things. It if definitely on the mend. Today I did Kelly's RAW Just Step (loved it) and then I did about 15 minutes of RAW Perfect 10. She does a lot of pushups, I did two sets and then stopped. I did ab work instead while she did other sets of pushups. I like that workout, it's good if you don't want to use weights.

Entire workout was 43 minutes, burned 311 calories, did 3098 steps and HR was 135/174. I took the last 15 minutes and stretched. I feel pretty good right now, just a little tightness. Yay!!!

I wonder why Cathe doesn't have any new lifting workouts? Everything out there lately is crazy cardio and leg workouts. :(

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning my friends! I am feeling better today but my low back and hips hurt again. I know how I am doing it to myself, it is how I sleep. My son who is big into yoga told me I have to start sleeping on my back, not my side with my upper leg laying out over in front of me. Today I walked on the TM, 1 hour, 5.5 to 7.5 incline, 3.2 to 3.3 speed, traveled 3.25 miles and I burned 534 calories. It is pouring rain here today, I will be inside most of the day enjoying it.

Debbie, I am so glad that you are feeling better today! Great job on the step workout and the stretch. I agree with your on the Cathe Live workouts, where are the weight workouts? I have decided to write down everyone that I like and then cancel my subscription because the majority of her workouts I do not like, or cannot do. Also, I don't need to work legs that much because mine get really bulky, not lean. :( I might walk on my TM each day for about 40 minutes and then do one body part per day. Either use STS Meso 2 and break them up to one body part per day or go back to the ICE Muscle Meltdown workouts that only focus on one body part for about 15 minutes. If I want to do a total body workout I can do Yvette's for FREE on YouTube. What are you going to do at the first of the year? I guess it depends on how you are feeling :)

Belinda, great job on the workout today. I might just purchase the Cathe Live workouts that I like because Cathe is doing so many metabolic/high impact/ step workouts that I don't even utilize. It is so inexpensive, but I am kind of bored.

Diane Sue, how did your doctor appointment go today?

I don't know if I told you but before I left on my trip I found a lump in my right forearm. I went to Urgent Care because I thought it was a blood clot. It is not, but it is a sort of fatty mass and when it swells it puts pressure on the nerve and causes pain in my arm. They said that they wouldn't do any surgery to take it out at this time because of the location of the nerve and the arteries and veins. I have an appointment next week to have my primary doctor look at it. I hope it isn't anything bad. The urgent care doctors didn't think so, it might be a swollen lymph node but they didn't think so.

BBL to read other posts. My dog and I are enjoying the rain in front of the fire. Have a nice day.

Jolie - Cathe does have a lot of Metabolic and high impact stuff. Let me know which Cathe Lives you are getting. Bought the ones you mention a few month ago, which I haven't done yet. I can't do high impact workouts anymore. Great job on that walk today. Hope you don't need surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cl #91 - Metabolic Mashup this morning for 45 mintues. This is a good, weights based workout. Low impact but lots of shoulder work and no abs! :) A goodie for sure!!

Jolie - I signed up for the 6 month with the 15% discount.... its like buy 5 get one month free. Though I'm kinda wishing I had not because KCM is posting some really good-looking workouts for RAW but I don't like doing two streaming at a time. Sheesh - its only $6.99 though - I spend more than that on a lunch!

I did not do a workout today. Just really did not feel like doing anything. I went to the doctor and stopped at Sprouts on the way home which was a mistake. It is a lot allergies and acute bronchitis. She gave me a steroid injection . I think I am done with those for quite some time. I got into Sprouts and was not coughing till I got to the cash register and had my stuff put up by the register. I had a huge non stop coughing and sneezing episode with tears coming out of my eyes trying to hold it back. It was so embarrassing. No fever today though.

Belinda it sounds like that CL was too much after the barre workout. Cathe can really kick things up with that type of work.

Debbie, when I first started physical therapy they mainly worked on my neck and exercises to strengthen the neck. I am sure you are not near as bad off as I was. Perfect 10 does have quite a lot of push ups. That ab workout does too, but the segments are not long and you get a break with the abs. She has a non weighted workouts on the 30 minutes to Fitness. It has been years since I have done it. I don't even know what happened to it, but I thought I might be checking that out since it is on her Raw channel.

Jolie, I often have used the Lite muscle meltdowns quite a lot just so I could do specific body parts. Even recently. Also the Lite series adds the Pyramid Pump workout body parts as their individual body part on each workout. I think I used to do X Train Burn Sets individual body parts quite a bit. They are great for working around body parts. I guess it makes sense that when we lie on one sided positions we are throwing of the spine, shoulders, neck and everything after awhile. I am getting pretty good at staying on my back now :)

Doreen, nice work on Metabolic Mash up. I remember that one. I don't mind paying the 6.99 for Kelly's even if I am not using it every day. I feel if I use it several times a month I got my moneys worth out of it. After all I pay almost that to rent a movie to watch.

Today I walked on my treadmill, I need to get some steps in today because I have an event that has me sitting for most of the day. I'm feeling good today, still a bit of a crick in my neck, but the knots seem to be gone. Yay!!

BBL!

Good morning,

This morning my friend and I did CL #78 Power Step. This one was a lot of fun. This one would be worth buying if you like step. I need to write down all the workouts I like and either buy or revisit them when I sign up next year. I also did SBF UB Fire, it was mostly planks and abs.

Diane - probably wasn't the smartest to do a lower body barre workout after another, lol. I have great DOMS today. It's all good. I liked the variety in that workout. If you like tons of reps you like this one. Glad you saw a doctor. Sorry about non stop coughing and sneezing episode. Feel better soon.

Roselyn - hope you doing well.

Debbie - great job this morning. Yay, on feeling better.

Doreen - we almost did that one you did yesterday, it looked like it had some abs in it. I already worked my abs this morning. I passed. Great job!

BBL!

Today I started with a 45 minute TM walk on a 7.0 incline at 3.2 speed and traveled 2.25 miles. I burned 428 calories. Then I put together a total body workout circuit and I did it 4 times around and each set was X 12 reps. Total workout time was 65 minutes and I burned 621 calories.

Total Body Circuit x 4 rounds minus ABS

Chest Press 20's x 12
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12
Seated Bicep Curls Traditional- 15's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12
Leg Extensions- 50# x 16

I like this type of workout, there is no dread factor and I burn a lot of calories. I did preview a CL workout while I walked and it looked great. Shredded Upper Body with Ball Live. I might do this tomorrow or over the weekend.

Debbie, great news that you are healed! Have a nice day at work today.

Belinda, nice job on the step workout with your girlfriend!

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. Each year the sickness seem to get worse and worse. I got some ginger shots at Trader Joes and added Cayenne to them and have been shooting them every day along with obscene doses of Vitamin C.

Roselyn, I hope you are on the mend.

Doreen, I know, a coffee drink at Starbucks is $5 so what does it matter if I spend $10 a month on Cathe Live workouts. I just let it keep running from month to month.

No rain today, cool and sunny. Enjoy your day.

2 weeks post-op today and slowly healing, no hip pain just incision pain. Still cannot drive, cannot lift that leg too high yet, my surgeon usually by 3 weeks so we will see

So I have been doing sts (no legs) just knee bends and walking some leg lifts standing and standing ab work

This morning I did Raw Ripped and Ride November 2019 using as the just sculpting option(no Spin, but the stability ball abs instead) This was 49 minutes (44 actual as I was making notes on my paper), heart rate average 110, max 143, 190 calories, met 5.0, 1,138 steps followed by Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Total Body Flow, 22 minutes, met 2.0, 35 calories, 42 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 1,180 steps. I just didn't feel like cardio this morning.
Coffey Fit Raw Ripped & Ride November 2019
44 minutes uses 8 and 10 # dumbbells and a stability ball for the abs if not doing the ride
squat/ knee raise forward punch out alternating sides 8# dbs
squat/row/kickback 8# dbs
step back alternating like skiing push out dumbbell s angled downward 8# dbs
scale deadlift both dbs *# then 1 db 8#
Spin or abs ball crunch on ball
Crunch reach ? can't understand what I wrote
weights
reverse lunge/knee up/ press I used 5 o/h press and changed to 8 and did some as curls
squat wide stance/ long curl outward or just curl which I did 8# dbs
repeat both moves on the other side
side to side circle around overhead 8# db
Ball or cardio choice last cardio option rest done by Sammy and Kelly
ball crunch
ball side crunch
weights
row/wide row 10# dbs
10# db swings 1 arm repeat other side
side bend 10# dbs
Ball or cardio choice
ball crunch
ball hands to feet pass
ball seated twist
weights
lateral raise 8# dbs I used 5's
skull crusher/tate press 8# dbs
superman push ups
crunch reverse crunch
stretch

Debbie, I hope your being seated a lot tomorrow doesn't cause the knots to come back. Glad you are doing better.

Belinda, I am pretty sure I have done power step from CL. No I do not like tons of reps LOL For some reason I always think it is not comfortable and I never seem to get much out of it. I have some dvds that that is all the instructors do is endless reps. I never pull them out. Although there is a difference in high reps and tons of reps imo.

Jolie, nice workout that you put together. I like previewing when I am doing something on my own or stretching. Makes time go by nicely. I have been taking plenty of vitamin C and immune building supplements. I am feeling a little better today. I quit buying Starbucks drinks long ago. They cost too much for what they are. Although it is crazy how much people will pay for some things like coffee or eating out and worry about something like a workout that costs so little. Everyone pays for their cable or Netflix as have to haves, no difference.

Roselyn, it sounds like you are doing quite a bit already.

CL #90 "Get Stepping" followed by KCM strength and stamina bonus step this morning. #90 was a fun step routine - I would say intermediate level. I should not have tried to switch step instructors in one morning - Kelly is just different enough I was having trouble following. I think its because sometimes she does a pause to stay on beat instead of a step maybe?

Good morning,

CL Circuit Crush # 198 is done. The workout was 6 rounds no repeats, upper/lower/core and cardio. I did most of the high impact on my rebounder. Their wasn't nothing new, the workout was fun.

Jolie - I like the looks of your workout. Great job as always.

Debbie - have a great workout today.

Diane - the CL I did Cathe did endless reps too. I think I counted over 40 reps on one leg and she kept going? Endless reps means to me 20 reps and going. High reps means to me 15 - 16 reps :)

Roselyn - glad you doing well. Great job on STS upper body.

Doreen - you got CL for a great price. Enjoy! I bought the CL Giant set workout. Need to pull it out next week. Nice job today.

I will be back later.

I am taking the day off today. I am sore and tired from yesterdays workout so this will be my second rest day for the week. I was going to do a Cathe Live Ball workout that I previewed, but since I lifted yesterday I think I will leave it for tomorrow. I have to get serious about Christmas and buying presents. The problem that I have every year is getting my family to tell me what they want me to buy! I don't guess anymore because than I am stuck returning it all after the holiday. I have my mom done, she is super easy to buy for, I just buy what I would want and she loves it! We are exactly the same person in all aspects, except I am loud and outgoing and she is quiet and more reserved. How about you all, are you finished shopping yet? Say No so I feel better about myself! LOL...

Doreen, great job on the step workout with Kelly. I have never done her step workouts but I think they would be easier than Cathe's step workouts.

Belinda, nice CL workout today, I haven't done that one yet, I want to try it soon.

Diane Sue, I am making a stew this weekend, it is supposed to rain so I love to cook while stuck indoors. I too, take tons of immune boosting supplements, I hope to not get sick this year. What is the purpose of drinking Bone Broth? I see that you do and I was wondering about the benefits. I was thinking of giving it to my elder dog too! I hope you have a good workout today, great job on yesterdays workout.

Debbie, how was your day yesterday? I hope you feel good after all of that sitting. Also, how do you like your stand up desk?

Roselyn, great job with the workouts while you are in recovery mode.

Have a great day!

So I decided to walk on the treadmill one more day and give myself the weekend with rest. I am feeling REALLY good but now I'm scared to hurt myself all over again. I will start back slowly next week, probably doing some easier RAW workouts and then maybe do one CL workout. I have no more pain, knots and minimal tightness in my neck, I'm starting to wonder if I did sleep wrong the other night. Glad I am feeling so much better finally.

Jolie - No, I haven't even started buying for Christmas yet. I have some gifts for my step daughter because she is easy to buy for and one of my grand daughters. Other than that, I am way behind. I am in the same boat as you, everyone has everything. What do you get them? I wish we didn't look at Christmas as so much gift giving and just celebrate the time of year for what it is. Kids today, I mean really, do they even know who Jesus is? Anyways, my DH and I plan on either doing an Amazon night or actually go out to the stores. We'll see.

Have great workouts everyone! I will try to do personals tonight or sometime this weekend.

Jolie - I think mention it before? Last year DH, DS, DD and DIL decided to give each other only a stocking stuffer. We also agreed on the $$ amount. This way we don't go crazy on gifts. Every year we had not idea what to give anymore. Like you and Debbie said we already have everything. Christmas isn't about a lot of gift giving, IMO. Their isn't any pressure on anyone. We give enough gift to each other trough out the year. Last year DH and I gave my kids gift cards to dance lessons, I found a good deal on groupon. Although we agreed on not giving gifts DH and I ended up getting from the kids each a Apple watch :) They all had already apple watches they wanted us to have one too, this way we all can compete with each other:D This year I am thinking giving them each either an Uber card (reload theirs), Amazon gift card, Costco or to their favorite DC restaurant they like to go. DH and I will spent xmas with DD in DC this year. DS and his wife are going to TX to spent xmas with her parents. DH and I plan on going to the Zoo in DC to see the lights, apparently the Zoo has lights through the entire Zoo. I always wanted to see it. Enjoy your rest day today.

Debbie - good luck with your xmas shopping. What is a Amazon night? You mean looking through Amazon online?

BBL!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey 30 minutes to fitness Cardio Quick Fix 54 minutes(an extra 10 minutes because I paused my Fit Bit to go let the dog run outside only to bark at something which was apparently urgent) Anyway when I realized when I was done doing both workouts I went back to where I had forgot to turn it back on so I cold get a more accurate reading. This was 316 calories(way less than usual?) met 6.5, 5,550 steps. I followed with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga neck and shoulders flow 21 minutes as I added some rolling on my shoulders with the therapy balls. Total time was 75 minutes, 348 calories.

Doreen, I would imagine it would be a bit confusing going from one instructor to another. Kelly's is usually not strong on choreography and adds in some boxing moves.

Belinda, I think the workout being fun is important even if it is nothing new. Something can be similar, but have more of my favorite moves or fun music and atmosphere and be a favorite to do. My idea of high reps would be anything over 20 reps. Those ones that get to 64 and 100 are killer. Besides I think that causes more overuse injuries because our joints are not really meant to be moving non stop.

Jolie, no not quite finished with shopping. Birthdays and everything are difficult to get answers from family members for. I prefer to buy gifts I think they will like. I don't know why society is so different and spoiled these days because it used to be a gift was just that a gift and special no matter what it was. The young adults often prefer money. To me that takes the joy out of giving.
I have been eating lots of hot soups lately that I have stored up in the freezer. Soon I will be cooking up some different soups again. I first discovered that a supplement with collagen was making my joints feel much better than using glucosamine and chondroitin. Then as I have read about different types which bovine and chicken seems to be a main one used and works for joints and skin. Anyway, I think the bone broth collagen is better than the general ones which come from cow hide. When made correctly you cook long and the marrow sort of turns to a beef gelatin. I do like Dr Axe multi collagen that has 5 types of collage. Fish and eggshell membrane are excellent. I have also read articles about how bone broth helps with healing after surgeries and cancer and other illnesses. I have purchased in the store. I think that the frozen bone broth is a better one more like homemade. Epic is supposed to be good, but is thin and I read the ingredients on the chicken bone broth and decided I couldn't drink it. It had chicken claws used in it. Just the thought was off putting.

Debbie, I am glad that you are doing so much better. :) Our family is adjusting to so many members and lightening up the load on everyone and mostly just have family fun, other than the three small ones. We have tried the gift card trade game last year and doing it again this year. I think I am going to suggest something else though. The thing is we often get a boyfriend or girlfriend or two and do not want them left out. Yes, on leaving Jesus out. My daughter that does Christmas has loads of Christmas stuff the put out in remembrance of Jesus Birth and what it means. I have 3 nativities so there is reminder when we talk to the younger ones.

Last edited:
Good Evening,

my husband had an emergency appendectomy this afternoon it was close to rupture so they kept him tonigh. I am emotionally exhausted right now and trying to sleep without him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.