Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Can't believe it's August already! Time flies!

DH and I went for a long walk this morning. Loving the cooler weather. I will do a nice stretch today.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Reactions: WD
Good Morning,

My boss has laid the groundwork for me to get a job I just need to find time to apply.

Debbie-I just bought some Sydney Grace eyeshadows and it will be mast last purchase for a while they are putting us back under a mask mandate even though we are vaccinated because of people who are not the numbers are rising again.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw workout for shoulder limitations, 36 minutes, heart rate 122/148, 160 calories, and finished with CDorner foam roller for upper back area and a bit of hips.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 4. I know I did this one before but didn't find a workout sheet for it so I wrote things down as I went along. Fun workout, I really love Kelly's Box and Pump workouts, they fly by when you do them. I didn't feel much like working out, I feel a sinus infection coming on. I've had a really bad pressure headache for a few days and I've been dizzy. I upped my vitamin C intake and adding one more Zinc tablet for a few days. I feel pretty good right now and glad I worked out. I hope this doesn't go full blown, that would be horrible. I have to go back to work on Thursday and they will probably make me take a COVID test if they knew I wasn't feeling well.

Box & Pump 4 - 1 minute intervals:

Hammer Curl Pulse/Supination:
12's
Deadlifts: 12's
Boxing Segment: 1# sand weights

Dumbbell Curl Pulses/Pledges: 12's
Squat//Fold/Deadlift Up: 12's

Overhead Press: 8's
Lunges: 8's

Lateral Raise/Alt. Front Raise:
8's
Lunge Sequence: 8's

Overhead Triceps Extension: 12#
Plie Squats: 12#

Kickbacks:
3's
Glute Pulses: BW

Fun stuff! Workout was 50 minutes, burned 296 calories, did 3859 steps and HR was 113/159. My HR is up today because of all the decongestants I've been taking, so I got a good calorie burn with this.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 23 minutes, burned 128 calories, went 1.03 miles, did 2552 steps and HR was 106/117.

Jolie - Not sure if you saw my post in last months thread, but I think your back issue was caused by the CL workout you did. It seems like every time you do a CL workout your back goes out. I love Cathe's workouts but they seem to be a recipe for injuries for us anymore. Anyways, maybe stay away from those workouts for a while. I am not doing them anymore and haven't had any pain. However, I have a feeling when I go back to work I'll be in pain again. :(

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday!! Hope you are doing better with the shoulder and neck area and your thumb.

Belinda - I'm going to make the Sheet Pan Fried Rice today for lunch. Have you had that yet? I'll let you know how I like it.

Roxie - I still wear all my makeup even though I wear a mask in some places. I can't go without makeup. I need to stop buying makeup, though, because I am spending way too much money on it lately. It's so addicting!!

Doreen - Where you are? Hope you are doing well. I'm sure you are just busy. Hope all is well.

Roselyn - Hope you had a great vacation!

Suzie - Welcome to our group!

Have a geat day everyone. One of my mom's friends from Italy is coming over today and I can't wait to meet her. She and my mom were friends in Italy and they both moved to the states after they married their spouses, both from the Airforce (my dad and my mom's friend's husband Gene). Her daughter, Rose, is also coming, she is driving her mom to my mom's house. They will be here for two days. I might have to go pick her mom up tomorrow morning at their hotel so if that is the case I'll be skipping my workout. So glad they get to do this before one of them passes away. My mom is giddy with excitement. LOL!

I forgot to post yesterday. I went for a 6.1 mile walk in the hills, let me say, it damn near killed me!!! Walk was 2 hours and 14 minutes and I burned 1,018 calories. I went up 89 floors of stairs and my heart rate was higher than I would like, I would rather keep it in the fat burning zone. Instead, it was 1 hour 15 minutes in the Peak zone above the cardio zone. Only 13 minutes were in the fat burning zone. My feet are sore today, I wonder why LOL! Today is a rest day, I have a lot of errands to run before my son gets home today. He will be here for about a week and then school starts again. Reno has too much smoke in the air so he is coming home to go to the beach for the week.

Belinda, I bet you are happy that the temps. are cooler right now, Fall is right around the corner. Here in CA, Aug, Sept. and Oct. are the hottest months of the year. In Fall we get a period of heat called "Indian Summer" and boy it is a scorcher! Nice walk yesterday, I had a great one myself.

Roxie, I hope you find a great job close to your new house!

Diane, great workout yesterday!

BBL to read the posts for the day.

Debbie, we posted around the same time so I missed your post. I did miss your post about my back and yes I think it is the Dead Lifts in the Cathe Live workouts that makes my low back go out. I am going to do my own total body workouts this month and see how my body reacts to it. I think Cathe's workouts are just too cast, even the slow paced ones for me now at this time in my life. I love walking but boy have I lost a ton of muscle!!!! I look thin now but I would rather be thin and pain free. I canceled my subscription to Cathe on Sat, so that is that. Great job on your workout today! I am sorry that you are not feeling well, I hate sinus infections. If you buy Collidal Silver and spray it up your nose, It has always helped me avoid a sinus infection going all the way. I cant believe it is time for you to go back to work already!!! Where has the summer gone?

Hi everyone,

I walked twice today, once this morning with DH than after lunch. I also did UTV Gold Resistance Band Boot Camp #3 = 48 min. I had to modify the cardio, I jumped on my rebounder instead. Really liked it.

Debbie - I am so sorry about the sinus infection. I hope you have it under control. If I get a sinus infection I get them good not matter what I take when I feel them coming on. Are you doing July 25 plan? I am on the same week. I had so many leftover produce from last week, I am trying to eat them before I go grocery shopping after my PT tomorrow. I lowered my potions again. I will start July 25 plan tomorrow. Let me know how you like the Sheet Pan Fried rice?

Jolie - I have all my windows open in the house, the breeze feels great. Wow, you having amazing weather during the colder month. Maybe I need to move to CA, lol. I am not looking forward to winter.

Diane - I hope I am doing the right thing and it will work. I talked to my doctor and he agreed to lower my meds. I want to get off those meds. Hopefully it will not backfire on me. I am in remission with RP. Sorry you having so much pain. Feel better.

BBL

Today was a Heather Robertson fierce body full body workout

Had a nice vacation but my aunt who I am very close to and my husbands uncle were both diagnosed with stage 4 cancers so please send some prayers

Roselyn, my heart goes out to you and our family (((HUGS))) I will keep keep your aunt and uncle both in my thoughts and prayers.

This morning I did Coffey FIt Raw Cardio/heavy bag, 49 minutes, heartrate 133/167, 252 calories, 3,146 steps. I just tapped the heavy bag. I love this workout and have done it in the past. I had wanted to do Ripped and Ride May 2019 (I believe that is the one) that is heavy bag and fitness equipment. I was going to use the Tread Climber and spin bike. Anyway, it would not load for me. I was worried I would not be able to get any other Raw workouts on my all in one computer, but the one I did worked fine. I will try on other devices before I say something to Kelly. Everything feels good today. I also did Walk Strong 3 Jessica Smith Barre Sculpt, 32 minutes, 78 calories, heart rate 94/113, 388 steps. I use 2# dumbbells for dumbbell work as options were 2-5# and I did not want to push as I did fine with the weights yesterday with Kelly and also used my new pilates ball. For some reason the move that starts in a biceps curl position and extends out to the sides while doing a lower move made clicking feeling in the front of my shoulder so I changed the move. Lowering the level of the arms made the feeling stop. It is kind of like a supination curl to arms straight out. Through the supination and up is when I get that feeling. Probably not good.
Total time today was 81 minutes, 330 calories, 3,476 steps.

Debbie, it is funny how meds either hinder some of the workout stats or make them better. I have done so much better without taking my Allegra and just using Flonase as far as energy. The only thing is the last 3 days the allergies are kicking up. I checked and we now have chinopods in the pollen arena. It was just grass pollen, which does not seem to be bothering me, or at least maybe the Flonase has taken care of. It has been nice being able to go out without worrying about coughing and scaring people to death. Great workout. I have been copying off your sheets on the Raw workouts that I have not done yet. Eventually I hope to get back into them. The other Box and Pump workouts are all fun. I think CDorner is doing kickboxing again tomorrow. I may wait on that one.
That is wonderful that your Mom gets to have her friend from Italy come and visit. It will be fun for you too, and to be able to watch your mother have so much fun.

Jolie, nice long walk in the hills. I love having some muscle, but pain is hardly worth pushing it too hard. I am hoping to get some of my strength back. I struggled doing those biceps curls yesterday with my elbows tucked into my side. Only 12#!! Gosh, I used to do 20's and 25's sometimes. Even a few reps of 30#. I have lost a lot of strength. I am always looking for something that will stop the itchy sinuses and cough and sneezing that comes with allergies. Nothing seems to really work all that much and I swear I have tried every natural supplement and method to get rid of it. I almost always end up with my neck hurting from all of the coughing and sneezing. Someday maybe I will find the magic ingredient.

Belinda, great job on two walks and doing a boot camp workout. I wish I had room to have my rebounder out at the same time I am doing other moves. Praying you can get off those meds. Side effects can be almost as uncomfortable as what we are taking the meds for.

Roselyn, nice work on the workout. Praying for your aunt and uncle.

Good Evening,

Working so far from home sucks my car threw all kinds of notices about my anti lock brake system and DH had to drive an hour to check it out.

Debbie-I need to stop buying to my DH told me I had to much and need to use up what I have. It is really addictin.

In a hurry as I have to go get my mom's friend from her hotel about an hour away. She will be spending the day with my mom and then her daughter will come and get her. I met them both last night and what great people they are. So fun to finally meet my moms friend and her daughter. I've heard so much about both of them.

Today I did CDorner's No Equipment Tabata Workout, this one was recent and was done in her driveway. I didn't like it at all and should have selected something different but didn't have time to look for anything else. Lots of mountain climbers, squat thrusts, etc. I just did standing exercises, she does show a modification. I didn't really like it at all. LOL! I think that is the first time I've ever said that about a workout.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 191 calories, did 2799 steps and HR was 101/143.

No time for personals, need to get going. I'll try to be back later!!

Today I am going to the Chiro to get this SI joint fixed. I did lift weights for my short workout today, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps in a circuit style. I did a lot of rounds and did as many exercises as I could think of, it came out a lot like Cathe's ICE Muscle Meltdowns. My arms and shoulders look so pumped because I have barely lifted at all in the last month or so. I did not pick up a weight over 12# and that was enough because I did high reps from 16 to 20 reps per exercise. I am going to be doing my own workouts for this month, slow and controlled and see what happens with my low back. Also, I will be walking as much as I can because right now I am really enjoying being outside and leaning out. I am pretty sure it was the dead lifts that irritate my low back so bad so those are going to be a no no going forward.

Debbie, great workout today and have a great time with your mom's friends! How are you feeling today?

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Hi everyone,

My appointment with the PT was very early this morning, I didn't had time to walk. PT went well today. He did some stretching/massages on my neck/shoulder. He still wants me not to lift anything heavier than 3#. My neck is sore from the stretches/massages he did.

DH and I just had some lunch. We will walk shortly.

Debbie - glad you finally met your moms friends and like them.How did you like the Sheet Pan Fried rice yesterday? I will make that one tomorrow I think? Did you tried the Avocado Peach Bruschetta? I just had it for lunch. It's so good. Next time I would use less lime for the salsa.

Jolie - great job with your workout today. Good luck with the Ciro today.

Diane - great job yesterday. My workout room is in the basement. Our basement is finished and huge. Lots of room to have all my toys out. I hope I can get off the meds. My rheumatologist said I have to be on meds for the rest of my life. Just something different.

Roxie - sorry you are stuck at home and your car is giving you problems. Hope you can figure it it.

BBL

Today I needed to go to the grocery store and wanted to do a good stretch so I did a short cardio. I did Cathe Party Rock'n Step #1 timesaver 1, 34 minutes, heart rate 137/177, 178 calories, 2,409 steps. I then did todays Full Body Flexibility mobility workout. She uses a chair half way through for some standing and kneeling stretch with the elbows on it, 33 minutes, 58 calories. Total time spent was 67 minutes, calories burned 236. It took me awhile to get my heart rate up with Party Rock'n step this morning and with a 6 minute warm up and the stretch it was rather a short workout. Got the shopping done though:) Be back to respond to posts. I did read them though. Have to fix dinner for my husband.

Roxie, I used to buy so many make up products. I had a tote and a train case full of it. Then my make up bag. I started clearing out the ones I never used, then went to the ones I used when I was not going places. Finally, when I was cleaning out to move I threw a lot in the trash. I spent too much time on beauty and make up sites that encouraged me to purchase :p My husband never said anything, but I would look at how much money all of that stuff cost that I am not using.

Debbie, I started that Tabata workout outdoors once and I did not do all of it. She has a couple of workouts outdoors that I wonder about doing it on the pavement. Same with Kelly in her driveway. I have had a few which I did not care for.

Jolie, I hope you feel better after you see the Chiropractor today. Maybe doing your own plan for weights would be safer as you know what bothers you and what doesn't. Nice job today.

Belinda, I used to feel sore after they massaged and manipulated my neck stretching that and my shoulder around. I was never sure if they were helping me or making things worse for awhile. I would get better and go back in and come back and hurt again. I guess they know what they are doing though.
I remember you working on your basement . I bet it is nice. I miss my large space and got rid of some equipment. I am still figuring out how to make it work. Yesterday I spent too much of my time getting logged into the computer, having the Raw workout that I had planned on doing not work, then setting up my Fit Tower, which I probably could have used a chair for and dragging weights and dvd in from the other workout room. Auto immune disease is usually something that does not go away, but I still like to think we can fight it and keep the progression down, by taking care of ourselves. Meds are just tools to try to slow it down. I hate the thought of using immunosuppressant drugs. They have so many other side effects. I have had them suggested, but am putting that off. The foot that has been bothering me is much better, but I noticed a knot on the bone below my toe. That has me concerned.

Good morning,

Walk is done. I needed a light jacket this morning.

I will be back and catch up on personals.

Back to work tomorrow. ARRRGGG! I just want to stay home. I've never felt like this before, usually I can't wait to get back to work. Now with COVID and all the politics always going on with education, I hate it. I've been looking around for something else. We shall see...

This morning I did RAW Tabata Sculpt and I had a pretty good workout. This one is only lifting tabata, no cardio, so I was a bit bummed about that. Good workout, hard moves. I can't believe I kept up with most of it. Even did plank work and snatches. This is how it went:

20 seconds on/10 seconds off, 1 minute rest between each tabata round. Each round has 8 sets.

Tabata 1
Pushups/Lunges

(tough towards the end but I did all of this)

Tabata 2
One Arm Overhead Snatch/Deep Reverse Lunge:
12#
(this was hard and luckily slow enough to only do about 4 reps per 20 seconds)

Tabata 3
Scales/Dble Arm Row:
10's

Tabata 4
Upright Row/Iron Cross:
8's (2 sets) 5's (6 sets)

Tabata 5
Hammer/Squat/Kickback/Squat/Up:
8's
(this one was hard on my tricep but I was able to do it all)

Tabata 6
Plank/Knee Ins

(did all of this, tough towards the end)

Tabata 7
Pullover/Tricep Press:
8's (4 sets
Triceps Extensions: (4 sets) I did Dumbbell Flies: 12's

Tabata 8
Lying Alternate Leg Raise w/Ankle Weights:
2# ankle weights
(this really worked the lower abs, Kelly does double leg raises, I did alternate because my low back didn't feel right)

Workout was 53 minutes, burned 105 calories (unreal), did 2799 steps and HR was 79/99. Here we go again with the low HR's.

I also walked on my treadmill for 25 minutes, burned 138 calories, went 1.18 miles, did 2871 steps and HR was 104/116.

I am feeling pretty good right now and yesterday, for most of the day, I felt great. In the evening my headache came back and head felt like it was going to explode. I took a decongestant and although I had a headache when I woke up, I am feeling great now. I'm still taking tons of Zinc and Vitamin C so it is not getting worse. Hope it goes away soon. We have had our windows in our house open for the last several days because it is beautiful outside and I think I'm allergic to something outside. It is going to get hot again so the A/C will once again be running. Our visit with my mom's friend from Italy was great! I was so happy to finally meet them. I'm hoping Rose and I can keep in touch. She is one year older than me and was born on March 7 and I was born on March 27. We were both born in Vicenzia, Italy on American Military base. So weird but I guess not since that is where my mom and her friend met.

Belinda - I made the sheet pan fried rice and it was ok. Not much flavor, I ended up adding a bunch of soy sauce which isn't good since it's so high in sodium. If I make it again I will use fresh vegetables and not the frozen ones they call for. Plus I hate green beans and you can't find frozen mixed veggies without green beans. Not sure I will make it again, though. I also made the Edamame Hummus and that was also just ok, not much flavor again. It's good to use for a snack but not sure I will make that again. Today I am making the Lo Mein with Peanut Sauce so looking forward to that. I guess I was doing the Week of July 28th's menu because that is when I signed up. I just logged in and my new foods are out there. Not sure which ones I will make next week.

Jolie - Glad you cancelled CL. I don't know what it is with those workouts, but they are bad for us. Hopefully someday we can do them again. I am actually scared to do her workouts anymore, I have better luck with RAW and CDorner's stuff. Hope your back appointment went well yesterday and I hope you are feeling better. Thanks about the colloidal silver, I can't spray anything up my nose. Nope, not for me. LOL!! My DH used to make colloidal silver water and we drank it all the time. Then all of a sudden he stopped making it. It's a pain to have to keep making stuff like that. Oh well. I am feeling better.

Roselyn - Prayers for your family members. So sad! Glad you had a good vacation!

Diane - I'm glad Flonase is working for you. I have Allegra D here and that helped alot which is odd since it just relieves itchy throat (which I don't have) and watery eyes. I took a generic severe sinus pressure pill this morning and I am feeling pretty good right now. At least it isn't getting worse. I hate when they get really bad. Did you see that Kelly has a RAW Box & Pump 5 out? I hope I have time to do it on Friday. I also wonder how people can workout on concrete like that. Insane. Great job with the boxing workout, by the way. I want to start doing that again.

Roxie - I know what you mean with the makeup!! It is an addiction. I need to stop! LOL!!!

Take care everyone, have a great day!!

Today I am feeling fantastic!!! My chiro took a new approach to treat me and my body responded really well with it so that makes me a happy camper. He is now adjusting me very lightly, I dont go to a cracking chiro, no way!!! Also, he put me on the Beamer and put it on a high setting, this machine get the blood circulating in your body which is key for repair, pain and so much more. It feels like you are having a Niacin rush from B vitamins, you get a tingling sensation and you turn a little red but boy do you feel great the next day. I had no pain sleeping or sitting for the first time in a month. I am very excited about the future. However, both of my legs, knees and ankles were out of alignment as well as 18 vertebra and my Atlas C1. But he fixed it all and I am feeling very grateful today. Today's workout was 4.7 mile walk outside, 1 hour 35 minutes and I burned 827 calories. I got some new shoes and so far so good. I got about 8 sent to the house and I choose the Adidas Supernova ST shoe, it is a low profile shoe, which my feet are as well and I liked it. I wish it had more cushion but I will get a different insole and see what that does to it.

Debbie, great job on the workout today! I am so happy you had fun with your Italian friends. Senator Lindsey Graham was vaccinated and he how has Covid, but he says his symptoms mimic a Sinus Infection so be careful. I am sure you are fine, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Good luck going back to school tomorrow, I bet it isn't fun anymore since everything at school has become a political topic. Geez, people need to just start living again and not focus on politics and shit like that!!!!! Makes me angry for the children to have to deal with all of this crap.

Belinda, nice walk today, boy you are lucky it is cool, we are now getting very warm for the next couple of months.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.