Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

Today was lower body pump yesterday was upper

Jolie I too have started drinking a gallon a day of water, I bought a cute jug to motivate me

Reactions: WD
Today I woke up feeling once again FANTASTIC, the best I have felt in years, and I had cardio to do for my workout. I got on my TM and just started going, ended up walking for 80 minutes uphill, 5.0 to 7.5 incline, 3.0 to 3.3 speed, traveled 4.3 miles and burned 797 calories. :). I was shocked when I looked at my FB at the end of the workout! I am sleeping really good lately, once I got my foot, ankle, back and neck adjusted I just am feeling so good. Finally!!! I am drinking a gallon of water on top of any other liquids I drink, like coffee, my protein drink ect. This is a lot of water but now I am getting used to it. I drank a lot before but not this much :). I am going to start supplementing the Collagen like you all are doing, hopefully I see a difference in my joint stiffness. I am also trying to take cold showers with this challenge because I believe it is good for your Lymphatic system. I am going to fight aging anyway I can. I am starting to see the FAT that I gained over that last couple of months slowly go away, that is my main goal the next few months. I went through some boxes of DVD's and picked out a few I am going to do soon. 30 minute to fitness- Shape Up and Home Gym Intervals. Then I found all of my Power Strike workouts and might attempt some of those, I like the punches segments to add on the end of weight workouts. I like the old dvds for some reason, I like the formats vs all of the this Metabolic workouts.

Debbie, if you see your mom, visit outside and sit away from each other instead of being inside. Nice job on the workout today, I haven't ever done that one before. I like my TM, elliptical and rowing machine for cardio right now because of the no impact factor. I am worried about Doreen too! I am putting off my foot surgery till next year after Covid dies down.

Belinda, are you going to see the effects of the Hurricane? Is that why you have rain? Stay safe and great job on the workout. Try Cathe's Upper Body Bootcamp workout it is amazing!

Roselyn, great job on the workouts.

Roxie, way to go on starting a new rotation!

Diane Sue, I am going to sprouts to get some collagen today, I cant wait to try it out. I will check back in later to see what you did for a workout today. Maybe I missed it on the other page, I will go back and check.
I hope you all have a fantastic day and stay safe!

Julie - yes, we probably getting the rain from the hurricane. We only getting rain which we really need or sometimes we get heavy winds. Other than that we pretty safe here in WV. It hasn't rained in month. It's very humid outside makes it hard to walk. Have fun with your dvd's. I am loving going through mine. I want to sign up for Cathe Live, I have all her dvd's just hate for them not to be used. Even my husband like Cathe's weight workouts. Cathe posted some really good monthly rotations. I am doing the May. Her June, July and August looks amazing. On top of this I walk daily except today and I also do Susanne Bowen Fitness barre workouts daily.

Good Evening,

I did MFB WK1 D2 Core Circuit Cardio mixed with core work it was a good workout.

Belinda-so far I liked them. It’s in the 70’s this week supposed to be back in the 90’s by the weekend crazy weathe.

Debbie-I bought a year subscription so I get the newest workouts right away. Autumn is coming out with new ones in October I beli or later in the year and they sound really interesting

Jolie-my Physical therapist is challenging me to drink more water I am horrible at it.

Today it seems I have been distracted mostly and I did not get a lot of sleep last night. My grandchildren will be here early tomorrow. Anyway, I was hoping Kelly was going to have the live workout she did up, but they had to refilm today as there was a problem with the camera. She said she should have it up on the raw channel tonight. Some of the ladies said it was cardio and one said she used 4 lb egg weights, also the step is used more for putting a foot on. I really need to sit here and view these so I can have it on paper. I Wasn't sure so I did cardio again today. Besides my neck feels a lot better today and did not want to push it. I did Step Boss I Max 4, 45 minutes, 223 calories, heart rate 122/176, 4,197 steps. I then did Step Boss Abs 2, 10 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 90/107,95 steps, finishing with Step Boss Chair stretch, 16 minutes, 20 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 263 calories, 4,292 steps.
I really would like to get some weights in tomorrow. I will see how it goes with the grandchildren here.

Belinda, Cardio Party is so much fun, nice work. The sleep shots were at Sprouts. I should have picked up one to try as I saw I have a dollar off rebate I could get. I like the Vital Proteins Recover drink. I have purchased bottles of those with rebates. It makes it a nice way to see if I like things without spending too much on them. I just saw that we have chances for rain tonight and tomorrow. It has been pretty nice outside the last two days. Not so hot.

Debbie, I hope your husband does not get the Covid virus. Do they get the results back right away? Yes, I would worry about pushing your luck with your mother. My daughter said tonight when she called that she thinks the masks hold back some of the virus and if there is distance then it is less likely to spread. I keep up with the collagen all of the time. Rarely go without it as it does make a difference. I am guessing the live cardio party is nothing like the Lite Cardio Party then. Just the name I would have thought it might be similar.
Kelly should be getting the live one up tonight. On the facebook check in it is posted in a special folder and the video quality is not good. I can see why she wanted to do it over. They do it in the garage. I have tried to post some of Kelly's facebook pictures and links here, but it does not work. I can only copy and paste text. Nice work on the Max Trainer today. Those deductibles and copays make it difficult. Before I had medicare and my supplement I rarely went to the doctor. If it was like that now, I probably would not have went for the arthritis doctor and heart doctor. I would have just dealt with the problem on my own. She should have checked it out at the start. Sometimes I feel like they want to keep us coming back so they can get money for more office visits. Kind of feeling that way with the Pulmanologist. At least the second time they did not charge me for the heart CT. I guess because they found something so they billed my insurance. The arthritis center is always trying to get me to use their facilities for tests. I moved my eye tests somewhere else. If I hadn't just had a dexa scan they wanted to do it there again. I said I was not paying out of pocket for a second time if insurance wouldn't pay.

Jolie, that is wonderful that you are feeling great. We go through so much water. I keep filtered water in the refrigerator and buy a couple of those large packs of water when I go shopping along with the large bottle of alkaline water or PH electrolyte water. I buy the flavored collagen powder that I can mix in water and add ice to like strawberry lemonade ancient nutrition, or right now the Bulletproof collagen joint formula that is acai and blueberry (this one is kind of sweet though too much stevia and I add a lot of water to it) Hoping it helps a lot. Plain works well in smoothies though. I guess you still have dvds packed :) Have fun going through them. I mostly used the premixes on shape up. There is one that does just upper but they are not called upper and lower. I think because lower is pretty much all cardio using the step a lot. Love the tabatas for the upper body.

Roxie, nice work. I guess that is a Beach Body workout?

Good morning,

DH and I walked early this morning. It was in the 60's, felt great. We walked 2.5 miles. I also did Cathe's Step Boss Sync.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Solo Dumbbell Strength, 33 minutes, heart rate 94/120, 71 calories. Fit Bit worked lousy for this and I am lucky I got something in. I have grandchildren here today little one is lifting weights and adjusting my barbell :) Kelly did not have the live workout up. I could have done it off my laptop.
Solo Dumbbell Strength
3 sets of each pair of moves Kelly uses 20# throughout, but I opted for 15 for some of it. 12 reps all moves
snatch 15# dumbbell (2nd and 3rd set I did upright row) / flip curl 20#

split squat row 20#/ push press(I opted for upright row again)

skull crusher 20#/ bench press pullovers 20# (3rd set dropped to 15#)

finisher move only 1 set 15# dumbbell squat thrust, push up,frog squat up holding dumbbell switch hands repeat

Belinda, I bet you got a lot of steps already this morning.:)

I finally have a few minutes for personals. I am in the progress of destroying my kitchen, lol. I am cleaning out all the cabinets, organizing it and getting rid of things I am not using.

Roxie - I am so glad you like the new workouts. I need to check them out soon. I am having a lot of fun revising Cathe. Did you preorder her new Perfect 30? Today it was in the 60's perfect for walking.

Diane - I hope KCM puts up the new workout, I know you been waiting for it. Have fun with your grandchildren. I am sure they keep you busy. I need to check out those shots. I learn so much through you guys.

Jolie and Debbie - enjoy your workouts today. BBL!

Hi all, I did workout this morning but I am at work and will post the details of the workout later.

I did Cathe Live #234 - Strong Express Upper Body. It was 37 minutes long and a really great burner of a workout. I will post the exercises later.

I also walked on my treadmill for a bit to get some steps in.

BBL!!

Debbie - I didn't see your post from yesterday. Cathe's cardio scares me too. I was getting frustrated with cardio with my knee issue. My knees can't handle high impact anymore. I am so glad I still can do them without the impact on my knees on my rebounder. I don't know how Cathe do it. Although I wasn't interested in the Perfect 30 yoga/mobility workouts. I am glad I preordered. I am excited for the new workouts. Eventually I will sign up for CL. Her June, July and August rotations look amazing. All my favorite Cathe workouts. Good job this morning.

Good morning! Today I lifted and did Cathe Live #185 Pumped Upper Body and had a great workout. This workout has a hard AB section, it was a killer. Workout was just about an hour, I had to pause a few times, she goes really fast in this workout and I wasn't prepared, I burned 456 calories. The reason she goes fast is to keep the heart rate up and to burn major calories, which I did! Heart rate was 119/170.

Belinda, way to go on getting both workouts done for the day. I have been going through my kitchen as well, I have packed half of it thinking we were going to move by May but then Covid hit so I never unpacked it. I just threw out a lot of expired food from the fridge and pantry. I love to live more minimally now days.

Diane Sue, yeah on getting a workout in with the grand kids there helping you. I have to say, my skin is looking really good from all of this water. I have given up coffee so that is part of it I am sure since it can dehydrate the skin. I go to Starbucks maybe once a week for a treat but that is it. I want to get the Bullet Proof Collagen, I want unflavored I think to put in flavored waters. or put it in with my flavored BCAA while working out.

Debbie, I hope you have a great day at work and nice job with the workout today, that one is a burner!

Roxie, great job with Day 2 of your rotation. What kind of workout is Autumn coming out with this Fall?

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Wed. Make it a great day.

I'm back.... so hard getting back into the routine after a little more than 2 weeks off. We did a week-long canoe/kayak trip through the Boundary Waters in MInnesota and then visited family for the rest of the time. Now I'm digging out at work and getting back into the swing of life post-vacation!

I decided to start August by signing up for RAW. This morning I did Weights #1 in her garage. I don't like starting with bicep work for some reason but other than that I liked the workout.

Looks like you all have been killing it with your workouts!!

• Love
So this was my workout from this morning.

CL Strong Express Upper Body #234 - 37 minutes

Giant Set 1
Lateral Raise:
5's - 28 reps
Lateral U Raise: 5's - 14 reps
Scarecrows: 3's - 18 reps
Front Raise/Pour: 5's - 9 reps
(Repeat with a few less reps) - I felt like puking after just this one giant set. LOL!! JK!

Giant Set 2
One Arm Back Fly:
10# - 10 reps
Upright Rows: 10's - 11 reps
Hip Hinge/Fly: 10's - 8 reps
Upright Rows: 10's - 8 reps
Hip Hinge/Fly: 10's - 4 reps of triples

Giant Set 3
Overhead Press:
12's - 12 reps
Sweeper Curls: 15's/12's - 10 reps
Overhead Press: 10's - 10 reps
Hammer Curls: 15's/12's - 10 reps
Overhead Press: 10's - 10 reps
Traditional Curls: 12's/10's - 10 reps
(Repeat Biceps Only)

Giant Set 4
One Arm Row:
20# - 16 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Curl: 10# - 10 reps
One Arm Row: 20# - 16 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Curl: 12# - 10 reps
(alternating sides, obviously)

Giant Set 4
One Arm Row:
20# - 16 reps
One Arm Row: 20# - 16 reps

Giant Set 5
Double Arm Kickbacks:
8's - 12 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions: 20# - 6 slow reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 12 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's - 24 reps
Dumbbell Chest Press: 15's - 4 sets
Dumbbell Chest Flies: 15's - 6 reps
Dumbbell Chest Press: 15's - 4 sets
Dumbbell Chest Flies: 15's - 6 reps

Giant Set 6
Situps/Pushups

5 sets/5 reps back and forth until done
Reverse Crunches

Ok, killer workout. I kept up with Cathe and rested only when she did which was not much. I really liked this workout.

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 241 calories and HR was 130/178.

I will try to do personals tomorrow, gotta get some stuff done before I go to bed. Great workouts everyone! Doreen, glad to see you're back!!

Jolie-9 Week Control Freak they are rehearsing it now and Autumn said this is a workout she has waited a while to do

I think Kelly is not getting the workout up on the Raw app because they are without power. Although it is up on the facebook check in after they filmed it a second time. It is called Body Fit 1. They have put up a special folder for those posts of videos like Kelly's online answering questions and these workouts. I watched it and will put down the format. She posted a picture of her and her husband having dinner in the dark with candles and said they were getting tired of being without power. Since I think they live in Medford, NJ ? I am guessing storms. I may be doing this workout tomorrow with my laptop or tablet if it is not up yet. I think what was put up on facebook is by the other administrator.
Body Fit 1
40 minutes 10 moves done for 50 seconds each 3 rounds Uses an optional step for a few moves. The step has 2 risers each side Kelly says you can wear a weighted vest
warm up 4 minutes
1. Squat/ side bend
2. pump up 4/ 2 jumps
3. reverse lunge/ knee/ reverse lunge
4. 1 crescent/2 jacks
5. plank/pledge/star using the step
6. side lunge right left/skate 4
7. flamingos alternating
8. jump on step pendulum arms overhead step off
9. dips
10. knee pulls to crunch on step (can use chair or do on the floor)
Repeat two more times
cooldown stretch 3:31 minutes

Doreen, so good to see you back. I don't mind biceps first, myself. I think Kelly doesn't care so much about doing biceps as they get hit with other moves, but she does them because most of us want biceps.

Debbie, nice work with Cathe Live today. I hope you had a good day at work today.

Jolie, I know I have done that workout, but it has been so long I don't remember it well. Great calorie burn for upper body weights. The plain collagen works well with flavored waters, mixed with hydrating tablets, and even coffee. I drink decaf coffee pretty much all of the time unless I feel a need for a boost because I have to stay alert. I use a Essential living matcha smoothie mix or matcha powder as I like iced matcha with some coconut milk (carton which is lower fat or macadamia milk) These have just a little caffeine and they say there is not the jitters and affect of coffee and it has immune boosting stuff in it. BCAA's would be good too. They say vitamin C helps boost the collagen.

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Box & Squat and had a great workout. This was a really fun one, I had a good time doing it. The egg weights are cool, but I have 1# soft weights that wrap around my knuckles and those worked well. My HR was up there quite a bit today. Not really sure why as it was really hard, but my legs burned on some of the leg work.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 309 calories (holy crap!), went 2820 steps and HR was 144/205. 205 is not right, no way did I get that high, I wasn't even breathless during this workout. Weird.

Hopefully I'll BBL for personals. Have a great workout everyone!

Good morning,

Lite Pyramid UB plus walk is done.

Debbie - good job on your workouts yesterday and this morning. What are egg weights, lol?

Jolie - whatever you do have fun today.

Diane - great job as well.

Doreen - glad you are back.

Roxie - keep up the good work.

Roselyn - have fun with your workout.

BBL!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Fit 1 using my laptop. I need a new hdmi cable as the one I have in the workout room kept dropping out. Kelly still has not got it up on the app yet, but she does say she is going to put it there. It was a fun, not too intense workout. I imagine if I wore a weight vest as mentioned it would be more so. They do not wear a weight vest though. This was 41 minutes, 170 calories, 2,627 steps, heart rate 112/152. I won't type out the workout as I posted what it entails yesterday. I put on my vest this morning but before I got through the first round for some reason it was causing that burning nerve pain in my neck and trap area so I took it off. It was only the 4# one. I just did not want to get that started again. Afterward I did Lindsey Samper for neck and shoulder pain yoga, the 14 minute segment with the end of the first segment that I like for some more opening. So this was 17 minutes, heart rate 74/90, 20 calories. Total time 58 minutes 190 calories, 2,684 steps.
Grandchildren are here today and tomorrow. I was going to take them out for a walk, but it started pouring rain. Maybe the sun will come back out.

Debbie, nice work on box and squat. You got a great burn out of it. I just wore my weighted gloves when I did it. I have had my Fitbit go really high like that a few times. I think sometimes it is trying to get back on track and jumps all over the place before it finds the right heart rate. Funny, my other Fitbit never did that. The Versa 2 is terrible, or maybe their updates have messed them all up. I don't know. Mine seems to start out pretty well and after a few minutes it drops out and then is mostly in a very low range. I was doing the jump on the step pendulum and I looked at my Fitbit and it said 70 for the heart rate:mad: This is not as much impact as one would think. It is more a hop onto the step with pendulum. But, still it should not have been that low.

Belinda, great work this morning as usual.

Roselyn, good job keeping up the workouts. Are you back in the salon working?

Debbie - I did box and squat this morning as well.. I found an old pair of ankle weights that were falling apart and took the little weight bars out and I hold those in my hands for Kelly's boxing workouts. I looked at the egg weights but they seemed expensive when a light dumbell would work.

Roxie- I should just sign up for Beachbody- several workout series on there that I haven't done and that new one you are doing looks good too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.