Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

Good morning,

CL Total Body Band Blast the one she did live this morning is done. Note to self bring lighter bands, lol. I will do SBF stretch later. Glad I got something in today.

Debbie - we moved our son's whole house in one of those pots. It was a lot of work. I was excused. Glad DD hired a moving company for the big stuff. Great job on your leg workout this morning. Yeah, looks like your devise is going nuts. Sorry about that.

Diane - it's just frustrating when that happens. We planned on getting lots done before DH's surgery. My son is coming to help when DH gets his surgery. That should help!

Jolie, Roselyn, Doreen and Roxie - have fun with your workout today.

I will try to be back later.

Well my hard drive crashed on my laptop and I had to reset a bunch of password.

I did CDoerner 80s pop step this morning. The puppy was being a pest and then peed on his blanket so it was hard to concentrate. But I did get most of the moves figured out.

Reactions: WD
I still cannot find this thread on the forums. I have to go to the Bell icon at the top and click on it and find out who has responded to the thread and then it takes me to it. Also, I do not get any comments from Belinda anymore, she is completely off this forum for me. WTF! I swear it sucks I cant make this work for me. I logged off and back in again and nothing different showed up. I went and had my toe looked at yesterday and it is not broken, Thank you Lord Jesus!

Today I went for a 2.2 mile walk outside and my toe did pretty good with my stiff running shoes. Now that I know it isn't broken, I can walk without thinking I am hurting it in any way. Walk was 40 minutes, I burned 354 calories. It felt amazing to walk outside again, I really love the sun :)

Debbie, great leg workout today. I never do just a leg workout anymore, I try to add a few exercises in with my upper bod workouts so I don't dread the workouts. I plan on doing an Yvette workout tomorrow so I will get legs in for the week.

Doreen, nice workout today! I hate having computer problems, they are the worst.

BBL to read the other posts for the day. Happy Thursday and make it a great day!

I still cannot find this thread on the forums. I have to go to the Bell icon at the top and click on it and find out who has responded to the thread and then it takes me to it. Also, I do not get any comments from Belinda anymore, she is completely off this forum for me. WTF! I swear it sucks I cant make this work for me. I logged off and back in again and nothing different showed up. I went and had my toe looked at yesterday and it is not broken, Thank you Lord Jesus!

Today I went for a 2.2 mile walk outside and my toe did pretty good with my stiff running shoes. Now that I know it isn't broken, I can walk without thinking I am hurting it in any way. Walk was 40 minutes, I burned 354 calories. It felt amazing to walk outside again, I really love the sun :)

Debbie, great leg workout today. I never do just a leg workout anymore, I try to add a few exercises in with my upper bod workouts so I don't dread the workouts. I plan on doing an Yvette workout tomorrow so I will get legs in for the week.

Doreen, nice workout today! I hate having computer problems, they are the worst.

BBL to read the other posts for the day. Happy Thursday and make it a great day!
Jolie - oh no! I don't understand why you can find this thread or see my post anymore? That is so weird? Maybe you want to contact Cathe's customer service. Click on it and you can get help from Cathe's customer service. Are you logging in on your computer or iPhone? Hope you can figure it out soon. Glad your toe isn't broken. Good job on your walk today. Sent some of that sun my way :) here is the link to report your problem to customer service https://cathe.com/forum/forums/website-apps-and-forums-support.109/

Today I did Cathe Step Boss I Max 4 using a 6 inch stuff instead of 8, 48 minutes,(44 actual), 243 calories, heart rate 131/169, 4,932 steps. I had a much higher heart rate from what I generally got with Fitbit. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Shoulder/ Neck Limitations new strength workout, 35 minutes, 125 calories, heart rate 107/134, 401 steps. Interesting that I was messing with the sets feature trying to figure it out without the manual. When I was done it actually recognized curls and triceps extensions as I had pushed the top button to restart sets twice during the workout. I did not tell it what I was doing. I also did CDorner Neck and Shoulder Stretch, 30 calories, heart rate 79/98, 34 steps. Total time was 1 hour 57 minutes, 398 calories, 5,367 steps. I liked the new Kelly workout. I was a little apprehensive about the scapular squeeze. Kelly says if anything bothers, do not do it. On that move she says you can just do the leg kickback.
Coffey Fit Raw Shoulder/Neck Limitations 35:47 minutes 4/15/21
2 pair dumbbells Kelly uses 12's and 15's Workout targets arms with restricted form, and lower body along with some upper back.
6 moves done for 45 seconds repeated as 3 rounds
squats 15's holding dumbbells down to sides option use 1 dumbbell and do goblet squats
biceps curls 1 arm anchored by the other arm so no shoulder movement 12 # dumbbell
reverse lunge alternating 15# dumbbells
triceps kickbacks 1 arm anchored by the other arm 12# dumbbell
no weight 1 leg balance knee up and circle Kelly uses a bar for balance
anchored scapular squeeze leg kickback alternating sides 12# dumbbells
repeat 2 more times

Debbie, I have a Samsung S7 cell which I have had for several years and no problems with. It works well with the Garmin watch. If I were to get another watch I would get another Samsung. Before this one I had an S5. I gave up Iphones years ago. I gather from some reviewers and the manual that I downloaded that there are some features that would only be available to Android users. Like receiving an Incoming Phone Call is available only if your device is connected to an android smartphone. This is probably not serious for a lot of us as you can accept a call via the android, but you still have to talk on the phone., You can also decline the call and immediately send a text reply from one of you messages in the list. I just view my text messages from mine and determine if I want to go get my cell phone. You can do a lot more things right on the watch itself. I didn't realize at first that I can change the watch face with the watch as I kept going to the cell phone at first. I am sure there is plenty more, as I keep discovering things and thinking some day I will have time to really look over the manual. The main thing it says is" the Vivoactive device is compatible with smartphones using Bluetooth technology" in reference to smartphone compatibility with the watch. I never get good results with just weight work. Kelly's was rather slopw paced today, so I really did not do too bad compared to what it would have been with fitbit. I sure do not miss the Fitbit aggravation. My Garmin is picking up on my weigh ins through My Fitness Pal that I have linked to the Garmin. Garmin sends my workouts straight to the MFP so I do not go enter them. I just realized though that I have not been taking time to put workouts into Cathe's workout manager. Not necessary, except I like to compare how I did to what the workout manager lists for Cathe's workouts which is really way off anyway. Not sure why I waste my time.
Those Nunn tablets and Amazing Grass are generally anywhere from 5-8 dollars at Sprouts and Walmart here. I always check for rebates from my 3 rebate apps. Usually it would be through Sprouts or Walmart though and Ibotta. The thing with those lessons is it took a lot of thinking. Plus they would learn to do it one way and they would throw in something else. Fortunately lately we have been reviewing a lot. My grandson will be in school classroom two days a week after next week till school is out.

Belinda, nice work getting in the CL band workout. Sorry you did not have lighter bands with you. Hving movers for all of those heavy things is so much better. We filled a large pod and small pod which my husband had our grandson come over and help fill the large one with tool chests and garage stuff. The second we put a lot of smaller things and boxes in. Still we had a lot and the movers had to really work to cram it all in. We still need less stuff. Our office right now is our catch all of not knowing what to do with all of these extra things and tons of pictures. Wall space is different here.

Doreen, dealing with computer issues can take up so much time. Nice work despite the puppy issues.

Jolie, I am glad to hear your toe is not broken. I am sure that is a real relief. Have you messaged Cathe's crew on your problem. Wonder if it is something with your computer or something. That is weird. Did you try checking on another device to see if it was your computer or whatever you are checking in on?

This morning I tried another workout from Madfit, I did the recent one on the their Youtube channel called 20 minute Upper Body. It was ok. At the end the instructor said "I knw this was intense..." I'm like, it was? Maybe because she used 25's for chest presses and I only used 15's and then went down to 12's, but still. It wasn't that intense. I would recommend this workout for someone trying to get back to working out after an injury (like me) or someone just starting out. I really like the trainer, she is good. This was an ok workout, perfect for today. The ab work I did yesterday has left me in some pain - in a good way.

2 sets each superset for 40 seconds/20 seconds rest

SS #1
Chest Press: 15's/12's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 10# (this hurt my left tricep, I went slowly and was careful)

SS #2
Chest Flies: 12's
Front/Side Laterals: 5's

SS #3
Shoulder Press: 10's
Kickbacks: 3's

She does plank work here but I did:
Cross Body Hammer Curls: 10's (the ones Kelly does, can't remember the actual name)

Workout was 25 minutes, burned 55 calories, HR was 75/112.

Then I walked on my treadmill for about 25 minutes.

Diane - I also have a Samsung S7 that does well with my FB but right now the 4g isn't working, it is constantly in roaming and I don't know why? I'm wondering if my antenna is damaged? It souns like the Garmins are more geared towards androids which is good, I will never ever own an iPhone or Apple anything. I love my S7 but I can't even make a call on it right now. Very frustrating. I can do all those things with FB and my S7 as you are doing with your Garmin. Changing the watch screen, answering calls, texting. The Versa 3 does all that. I don't have any problems with the Versa 3 other than how it keeps my HR. Seems every new device FB comes out with the HR tracking becomes worse and worse. Great job on your workouts yesterday, the new Kelly ones sounds fun. I miss working out with her, I was so happy doing her leg workout yesterday. She doesn't chat with people, she just does the workouts. Love her. I'm glad to hear your grandkids are going back, even if it is just a few days a week. Hopefully next year will be back to normal.

Jolie - I wonder why on earth you can't find this thread? And the fact that you can't see Belinda's posts is just mind boggling. Why just hers? Maybe look at your account and see if you accidentally blocked her. Maybe you did and didn't realize it. That is what it sounds like, if you can see everyone elses posts, than maybe she somehow got blocked? Tap on your name at the top and check "Ignoring" and see if she is listed out there. Maybe that is the problem. If that doesn't work I'd contact Cathe's customer service and see what they say. I'm glad your toe isn't broken! Phew!!

Belinda - Great job on your band workout yesterday! I have a fear factor of band work. LOL!!

Doreen - Sorry about your laptop, I really hate when those things happen!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

SBF TB Barre is done. I will go for a walk later.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

That's it for me today. Happy Friday!

I did a Penny Barnshaw - 45 no repeat Hiit this morning. I had to keep rewinding because the puppy was getting into everything. I've got to come up with a different plan for my workouts to keep him contained or entertained somehow. He's doing betting on the leash and we did a short walk around the block this morning really well. I'll try adding on distance/time from that.

Good workout everyone!

Debbie, you fixed my problem with Belinda!!!! How on earth did I block her, I have never even tried to do
something like that before on this website.

Today I had a great workout! I did CL #276 All In Upper Body, one of my favorite workouts, and did really well with the weights today. I am still not going too heavy and it seems to be working out better for me. Workout was 1 hour, I added in some rowing at the end, and burned 389 calories. Heart rate was 108/168. Did I tell you all that I fixed my FitBit! I let the battery run out and reset it and it works great again. Yes, I did not want to have to purchase another expensive thing right now. Also, on another note, my husband and I had our credit hacked and boy what a nightmare!!! Diane, please pay attention to your accounts after buying a house, I think when they shop loans around the info can be compromised. The person transfer out a ton of money right out of our account to a Navy Federal Credit Union account. Not all at the same time, in smaller amounts. B of A is helping with the issue, and gave us our money back while they go after the crooks. What a nightmare.

Debbie, I know about my toe, right! I walked yesterday and it didn't make it worse or better so I am going to continue to do my thing. :) Your workout today sounds like a good on to ease you back into lifting. I am not lifting more than a 20# DB anymore except for 1 arm rows, I like to use 25# if it is lower reps. Thanks for fixing the Belinda issue, now if I could only find the thread. If Belinda started the thread maybe that is why I cant find it. Hopefully now it will all work.

Diane Sue, Nice workout yesterday, you really must be feeling great!

Doreen, I want to try one of her workouts, I previewed them the other day and they look good.

Belinda, Debbie fixed the problem for me why I was not seeing your posts. I hope you have a great workout today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Friday everyone! It is supposed to be 80 degrees on Sunday and then it gets cold again :( I am so ready for summer this year!

Today's workout was short. I only had 4 hours of sleep last night and getting school work accomplished this morning was difficult. My granddaughter came over to visit so I just made it quick. I did CDorner basic step, 33 minutes, 140/165. This was rather slow paced and I kept trying to up it a bit. Also she used just the platform and I added 1 riser to each side. It was just okay to me. It would be good for someone new to step as she is a good instructor. My husband knew I was kind of sad about getting rid of m heavy bag and ordered me a Wavemaster heavy bag rather than have the huge frame stand that we had. It arrived today already.

Debbie, I will have to look at Madfit and see what I think. I did most of that stuff on my Fitbit Versa 2, but I changed watch screens on my cell phone, not on the actual watch. I wonder why the problem with 4 G. Yes, Fitbit seems to be getting worse with the calorie burns. It is too bad, as I was hopeful they would finally have come up with a watch that worked well. I liked all of the features and the way they worked. I am glad that Kelly is paying attention to the ladies problem areas with their workouts. I liked the one I did yesterday. I sure hope next year is back to normal.

Belinda, nice work on SBF. Hope you got in a nice walk.

Doreen, maybe the walks will tire the pup some to give you time for a workout.

Jolie, I did not even know that there was a place to block people. Although I never had a need to do that. I am glad Debbie got you straightened out. What a nightmare you have had. We have got so many things after purchasing in the mail and my husband called our credit union to make them aware and check out one of them as it had an official credit union logo on it, but was based in another state and things were not quite right. They had info on it though about our account. Of course we did not call the number that was given on the letter. My husband sent our CU a copy of the item sent. I that is great that you got your Fitbit fixed. Maybe check out the name of the first person on the check ins to see who started and it may show if that was the problem. We could use some sunshine. It is chilly and rainy here.

Hi,

I am home again. DH and I went for an hour long walk, I also did SBF D27 Bounce and Stretch Single Song by the Police plus Stopwatch Planks.

Yesterday DD and I went to Sephora they having a 30% sale going on.

Good job, everyone.

Good night.

Today it is 85 degrees and gorgeous!!! I went for a 4.4 mile walk at the beach, walked for 1 hour 32 minutes and burned 859 calories. There are so many people at the beach already today, I went down at 8am and it was packed. I saw that the Lutheran Church has a Church service on the beach on the sand by the water, I think I will start going every Sunday and then walk afterwards. Doesn't that sound wonderful! Of course, everyone was in either casual cloths or swim suits.

Belinda, I am so glad I can see your posts again! Nice that you got a walk in and a stretch.

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Yesterday I did CDorner Step aerobics intermediate/Adv. Aussie Explosion, 60 minutes, 260 calories, heart rate 121/166. It took awhile to get my heart rate up. I think because she slows down so much to show the moves/ This was 5.310 steps.
I then did CDorner mini resistance band full body workout, 29 minutes, 75 calories, heart rate 94/121,, 433 steps. Total time spent was 89 minutes, 335 calories, 5,843 steps.
We ran some errands and hung pictures and things. Today I got up and went to church, came back to get my husband and grandchildren and headed to my son's house which we did a family Easter/birthday party. They have plenty of space and lots of running all over hunting for eggs. When we got done there we went to see my granddaughter's new house they just bought. It was fun listening to them and see how much they were enjoying their first home. Not a lot of time when we got home. I need to get to bed. We filled my new heavy bag with sand last night.
So far the Kelly weight workout I did for those with shoulder and neck issues worked out well with no problem. Also the band workout did not bother me either. Felt pretty good today.

Belinda, that looks interesting. Why a user guide before workouts I wonder?? Looks ready to sell those long loop bands. I have one. I used to have 3 but loaned the heavier one to my grandson and am not sure where the other went. I bought them when doing Tracey Staehle's two bootcamp workouts where she uses kettlebells, weights, and those big loops. No telling where they are. Nice workouts. I hope hope that you got some nice things at Sephora with the discounts.

Jolie, that is wonderful that you can now see Belinda on here. Can you find the log in now? The beach services sound nice. My church never completely shut down. I am glad they finally stopped having a row between each to give distance. I did not like coming in and trying to find a place to sit. Some of the normalcy is back around here. I like outdoor services. We had a church we went to that would have two services at a park with picnic in between. It was uplifting being outdoors and enjoying the services.

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Just Step 4, love this one. I know it well so I can really work it. I added mostly high intensity moves when I could to up my HR. My knees feel great today so I took advantage of that.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 207 calories, did 3359 steps and HR was 125/168.

I also walked on my treadmill.

No time for personals but I'm so glad Jolie was able to fix her problem! Yay!! So glad I could help!!

Have a great workout today everyone!

Today is a rest day. I have a repair man coming first thing this morning to fix my washing machine so I just do not have the time today to workout. Also, I stepped on 2 Bees yesterday, barefoot and got stung on the bottom of each foot! They hurt when I walk :(

Debbie, nice RAW workout today. Thanks for helping me fix my problem with the thread and seeing Belinda's posts. I do not even know who that happened and how I blocked her?

I will check back in later today to read your posts for the day.

Happy Monday.

Belinda- How did you find that clip - that looks interesting with those bands! I have some big loop bands but they are skinnier.

This morning on a whim I put in Rhymetic step to she how the old Cathe step intensite compares with CDoerner or Gina Storey's step.... and I was a bit surprised to find it seems about the same - Cathe does a bit more jumping of the moves (which you can do with Chris or Gina's if you want) but I seem to remember Cathe's being harder! Or maybe they were harder because I used to use 2 risers.

Then I did a set of 4 back exercises from GHUTV's Split day series.

Good morning,

Walk and SBF UB/abs is done.

Jolie - so glad you can see my post again. Great job with your workouts.

Debbie - I signed up for Forks over Knives meal planner after doing their free 2 weeks trial. I been doing lots of research on autoimmune disease and on how you reverse it with a plant based diet. I have nothing to lose :) My DH likes the recipes. I have to figure out the vitamins B12 supplement? Don't have a clue on with one to buy.

Doreen - I was looking round the forum yesterday and saw it. Cathe will sell her own bands.

Diane -Cathe announce those workouts w/bands/bootybands in her news letter. The guide is for RWH not the new workouts. I think we got a little taste of her new band workout last Thursday, this bands would have come in handy.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.