Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

No workout today - I had to start work early to be able to leave and take my daughter to volleyball.

Reactions: WD
Today I did a really fun step workout from CDorner - It was a recent one, #103 called Fun at Home Fast Basic Step (she really needs to name these a bit differently or just stick with #'s, they all sound the same to me.) Anyways, this one had great 80's music and was REALLY fun and easy to do. My HR really got up there but it was funny, at the first break she said her HR was at 156 and I looked at my FB and it said 94. OMG!! But it did get up there during the step workout. I recommend this one, it is fun.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 258 calories, did 4271 steps and HR was 120/165.

I also did her 10 Min. Stretch for After Step that she mentioned in this step workout so I searched for it and found it. Good step stretch, I might do this periodically after step workouts.

Roxie - I really love the L'Oreal Age Perfect foundation, it is so pretty, stays on all day and is very hydrating. Try it. Glad you were able to get your ring back.

Diane - I think the kids have fallen so behind this last year, I don't know how they will ever catch up. I hear about kids constantly not logging in and doing their work, it's actually very sad. Our governor dropped the order of no large gatherings which means people can gather but only at 10 or less in a party. But who the heck is going to follow that? All people hear is the order was dropped. I am hearing Michigan and other states are blowing up with a 4th surge of the virus so it isn't going away. I'm thankful me and my family have not gotten it yet. Great job with you workout, looks good! What kind of workout is Chris's Mash Up workouts?

Jolie - I keep meaning to look at PT things for the elbow. My right one bothers me quite a bit but my left side (where I'm having all the trouble) does not. Well, it does, but not like my right arm does. And my triceps hurts more up towards the shoulder, right where it connects is where it hurts. Wondering if I tore something? It has been ok lately and the weight workout I did yesterday didn't disturb it. I'll check those out. Good job on Vertical Loading! I ended up canceling Cathe for a while, I just can't do her workouts right now.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout yesterday! I am feel good today, just the normal soreness that comes from lifting so I'm happy about that!!

Belinda - Good job with your workout yesterday. You must be busy lately, you haven't been to talkative. :)

Doreen - Have a good rest day!

Taking my mom to Olive Garden today. She is sick of her cooking. LOL!! Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone,

CL PHA 2020 plus SBF D17 Band Mini Target for Posture + Hip Opener is done.

Debbie - great job on your step workout today. How are you feeling after the weight workout yesterday. We had a water leak in the basement (water heater) . The garage opener broke too. Now the other garage opener broke:( if it's not one thing it's another.

Diane - I walk every day. It's been very nice lately. Sunday we did outdoor stuff, I got sun burned. It was a little windy, didn't realized it. I burn very easy anyway. Great job yesterday. Are you done setting up your new house?

Jolie - glad you starting to feel better. How is your son doing?

Waving Hi to Roselyn, Doreen and Roxie.

Happy Hump Day!

Today was supposed to be a cardio day but my toe is still very sore so I have decided to just rest it. I wanted to do a kickboxing workout but there is just too much bouncy and pushing off movements for my big toe to handle. My FAST is going great, my cloths are getting a tad big on me! Cardio is hard while eating less foods, my energy levels are lower than usual but the weight lose is more important to me. I am taking a ton of vitamins and drinking protein shakes along with low carb meals. I am really liking the results and I am eating what I want.

Debbie, nice job on the step workout. Do you need a lot of space for these step workouts? My gym is limited space so Cathes workouts require more space than I have to do the workouts. Great calorie burn!

Belinda, nice workout yesterday, you usually post before me so you must be out of town? Or super busy in the mornings.

Doreen, I am glad to see your daughter in group sports after what she went through lately.

Roselyn, I am going to do a Caroline G workout soon, I love her!!!

Diane Sue, I have to say, since my son and all of his team mates and coaches all got Covid, they say the flu is so much worse, and this comes from coaches who are over 60 years of age. My friend in the medical field says half of the covid that came into the hospital was really the flu. They put Covid down for everything! I hope you have a nice workout today. My neighbors come over asking my son if he can help them with their technology issues :) the younger generation knows how to do all of it so easily.

Have a wonderful day.

Good Evenin,

I did KCM TLC Boxing tonight. I am doing the 75 Day Challenge that is really popular right now but drinking a gallon of water and doing two 45 minute workouts one of them has to be outside no matter the weather which it’s rainy hear is hard to do.

Debbie-I used the Sigma Hazy eyeshadows and they are so soft and look so pretty. I need to try that foundation

It is late and I need to go to bed, but thought I would go ahead and post my workout. I did the latest CDorner Cardio Low Impact, 36 minutes, heart rate 146/173, 214 calories, 2,881 steps. I then did 18 minutes of her latest mobility workout(it was a longer one) 43 calories, heart rate 90/111. Total time was 54 minutes, 257 calories. We had school and I needed to go to Walmart and the Post office. I am finding my shopping and stuff around here. I took workout equipment out of the room today and laid down my puzzle mats. I tried weighting them down. if they start slipping apart I will get rid of them.

Debbie, Chris's mash up is a variety different types of music. I have done this one twice(I think as she does name workouts with similar names) There is some boxing moves, some dancey moves, she had a segment that she used light dumbbells for a little bit. She said weights optional and I did not use them as it included overhead moves and front raises.

Belinda, I things are moved in. Some boxes I am dreading looking in are still out in the garage. We put things in the cabinets, but I want to take them back off the shelves and lay down shelf liner.

Jolie, sorry that your toe is still sore. That is great that the fast is working for you.

Roxie, nice work with KCM TLC today.

Roselyn, nice work with the trampoline.

Good morning,

SBF D18 Cardio Interval + Pretzel 2 is done.

I will be back to catch up on personals. I have a doc appointment this morning. BBL!

GHUTV Total Body Strength this morning. Great Format, total body moves where you know you are working but its nothing crazy.

Today I worked legs on my own and had a great workout. I'm sure I won't be walking well tomorrow. My right hamstring was giving me issues again, I did deads and I felt the pull right away. I stretched them out throughout the workout and did a stretch at the end. They feel ok now, just a bit tight.

This is what I did:

3 sets/10 reps

Squats: 12's
Plie Squats: 20#
BSS: 12's
Leg Press Station: 125# (I haven't used this is forever, in fact, I am going to give it to my step brother. Now I'm thinking twice about that)
Calf Raises using the Leg Press Station
Deadlifts: 30#
Firewalkers from B&G
Stretch from B&G

Wow, burning workout. My HR hardly got up there, though. Every time I looked at my watch it said 94. WTF?

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 124 calories, HR was 82/121

I also walked on my treadmill for about 20 minutes to work out the tightness in my legs and to get some steps.

I am taking a 3 day rest so no workout tomorrow. My tricep did well today even holding onto weights. Still aches at times but definitely getting better.

Having a lot of fun with my Instant Pot, love that thing! I have made several meals with it already and can't believe how easy it is to use and clean.

Belinda - Yikes!!! Sorry about all the house issues you're having. I hate when that stuff happens, so annoying and expensive to get fixed. Great job with your workout! Pretzel 2 sounds funny, is that a stretch workout?

Jolie - My cardio floor is 5 1/2 ft. x 6 ft. Not big and Chris does not do big moves, at least not the workouts I've done. Kelly either. Cathe is the only one that uses so much room that I know of. Sorry about your toe, that sucks. It takes a while for that to heal. Sorry you have to deal with that. How are you feeling? Was worried you might have COVID.

Roselyn - Interesting on the trampoline workout! Nice job!

Roxie - That challenge sounds insane. Why do a workout outside if it's raining or snowing or whatever? What does it get you other than possibly getting hurt? I say just do the workouts where it's convenient for you to do them. Yikes! What challenge are you following? I should be getting the Sigma eyeshadows today. Can't wait!!

Diane - Good job on your workout yesterday, you had another crazy busy day. I'm off for spring break and other than cleaning up my house and shopping some, I am taking it easy. Your Garmin is really tracking your HR good now. I can see how the average high is way higher than what the FB showed. I want a Garmin!!!

Doreen - Nice job this morning!!

Well, have a great weekend. I'll try to get in here but not sure I will until Monday. I'll be reading your workouts, though.

Today I woke up feeling so much better!!! Also, my toe is still sore but not as bad as before, I switched shoes that are a bit too bit and that works better, it doesn't press on my toe. Today I went for it and walked outside, 2 miles, 42 minutes and burned 378 calories. It is an absolute beautiful day so I had to take advantage of it. The uphill hurts my toe more so I need to walk on level ground at the beach next time.

Debbie, nice leg workout today!!! I am so impressed with the weights you choose, that isn't wimpy for as much time as you took off from lifting. I may have had Covid, I don't know, I really didn't go anywhere except on Easter and I sat outside to eat with no other people around beside my family. My parents have gotten the vaccine so they didn't care. I never lost my taste like my son and all of his friends did so I must have had the flu. I am happy with the results of my FAST and my low carb eating, my workout cloths are getting big on me and that in itself is amaze balls :)

Diane Sue, wow, you days are jammed packed. I hope your kids appreciate everything you do for them and their families. I hope your puzzle mats workout for you otherwise get mats that they put under TMs that are long and dont move. I saw some at TJMaxx the other day. Nice job on the workout yesterday.

Doreen, great workout today!

Roselyn, I checked out the trampoline workout on Youtube yesterday, they are also great for the Lymphatic System and detoxing, I never new that before.

Roxie, I did the 75 hard challenge before, it is a lot of work but it is fun. The water was tuff the first 2 weeks and then I craved it.

Belinda, I hope you have a great workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

Diane - I forgot to tell you - my puzzle mats kept coming apart too, so my husband and I bought indoor/outdoor carpeting (flat stuff) and we wrapped the mats with it and taped/glued it down. it worked great and is still together. Not sure if you ever noticed Kelly's workout floor, that's exactly what mine looks like, even with the grey carpet. I love it.

Good Evening,

I went for a walk tonight it stopped raining.

Debbie-Wayne Goss has his own makeup line and is probably gay.

Jolie- I can’t drink a gallon of water.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Hi/Lo Step, 39 minutes, 218 calories, heart rate 138/171, 4,240 steps. I then did CDorner Cardio Step Workout # 106, stopping at 21 minutes as that is all of the time I had. Music was Aretha, and it was fun. Similar to another I had done, at first I thought it was the same till she walked around the step. This was 21 minutes, heart rate 132/169, 1,657 steps. I also did some extra stretching, but did not start my Garmin. I am so sore lately and my neck and shoulders are just giving me fits. It feels like something tightens and the sensation crawls up my left shoulder to my neck. If I push my shoulder way down away from my neck it lets up. I am sure there is a nerve in there with pressure on it. I was reading stuff on the Cleveland Clinic website that Arthritis Foundation quotes a lot, and their suggestion for necks with closed space in the spine and neck is to not do jumping and jerky movements. Also not to tilt the head back and forward repeatedly. I guess side to side is okay. They never had me look way down or tilt my head back in PT. They just had me do the side neck stretch tilted slightly up and slightly down and chin tucks. No grandchildren tomorrow so I might do better on my workout. I had to stop multiple times on the workouts to help with school stuff. I am getting ready to do some cleaning and give my dog a bath tonight. We will see how she is about walking into a different shower. She doesn't have to step over to get in the shower stall as it is walk in. I am feeling I am going to get wet :p

Belinda, job getting your workout in before your doctor appointment today.

Doreen, it is always nice to do something that is great, but nothing crazy.

Debbie, nice weight workout today. I used to way down to my toes with deadlifts, but anymore it is barely below my knees. You put together a good one. I want to do the entire CDorner mobility that she just did. I like how it started with the neck and shoulders. Maybe I can tomorrow. By the time I get to a stretch my always hungry grandson is wanting lunch, despite waffles and snacks. I really am liking my Garmin watch and when school is out I am hoping to check out some of the other features. I sends me messages all day long to move and to rest. If I pause a workout for very long it will announce my recovery heart rate. Lots of graphs and things as well.
My mats stayed today during my workout, but I covered almost the whole room and my Bowflex weight stand and key board and stand are sitting on one side and the opposite has a tv stand sitting on it. One side has weight plates and kettlebells. Unless it bunches up in the middle like I had it do at the last house, I may be good. You and your husband have a great idea. My husband was looking at new mats for me for something like gyms that might use them for gymnastics. When I got the puzzle mats originally I had weight equipment sitting on the edges. Then the next home I covered almost an entire room upstairs leaving on spot for gliding disc work. It worked there. I read gyms complaining about the puzzle mats before. Chris' mats look great. I got mine from Great Mats and they are 7/8 inch thick. The carpet is only in the bedrooms and they do not have much padding. Right away I could feel my knees and my forefoot hurting. Hence the need to get the mats. I ordered another safety key for the Tread Climber, so maybe I can add that in some since it now has it's own room when my husband is sleeping.
On another note I do have two about 4X6 foot mats that are textured on one side and smooth on the other and about a little over 1/4 inch thick. I used to put one under my step to workout, but I always ended up having to stop and put it back where I wanted it. My husband bought me two of them years ago. Mostly they stay rolled up in the closet. They made my carpet look dirty because the black kind of rubbed off.

Jolie, that is wonderful that you were able to go for a nice walk. We are having some beautiful weather. This evening I went out to pull out some grass from around some flower beds and last years dead growth since the new stuff is coming in. Not everyone loses their taste with Covid. I really have not heard of one case of flu with anyone. I often wonder about that. Who knows. At least you are feeling better. The sleepiness and lack of appetite I think were my worst symptoms of Covid. I don't know why, but things I felt put off with the food I normally eat and it tasted weird or something. Then I lost my taste. I ate a lot of oranges.
Read Debbie's post about the mats. They stayed for me today. Yes, trampoline workouts are really good for you. They can be lots of fun too. Unfortunately hard jumping even on the trampoline makes my neck hurt afterward. Who would have thought. Makes me sad.

Roxie, I think I have seen some make up youtube videos with Wayne Goss. It seemed kind of weird watching a guy put makeup on himself and demonstrate how to do it.

Good morning,

CL# 342 Metabolic Core plus SBF D19 UB + Sleek Shoulders is done.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

But first, in the News, Malia Obama, President Obamas daughter is connected with Hunter Biden's sex tapes found on his laptop!!! I was just sent the pictures of Malia and Hunter together, basically naked and her receipt from him ect.! This Administration is NUTS!!!!!!!!! Who is running out country!!!!!

On a more positive note, I had a fantastic workout, I did CL #136 Upper Body on the Ball, not the right name but it is the right number, and I loved it again. I put this one down as one of my fav workouts, all the ball workouts are slower and more my pace. I cannot give you any stats because my FitBit finally died. RIP. The display went all haywire and I cant even make out anything on the display. I will be looking into getting something new, probably a Garmin like Diane. The last time I did this workout I burned 520 calories but I lifted heavier, so my calorie burn was probably about 420. I will be feeling this tomorrow, in a good way :)

Diane, I never really lost my appetite or taste ect. I had a head cold and fever with fatigue. I could do anything, it did not hold me back from anything, I just didnt workout because I did not want to compromise my immune system. Whatever I had is gone. The reason there is not one mention of the flu is that the doctors put everything down as Covid to fudge the numbers, that is why... Nice workout yesterday.

Roxie, I can drink a gallon of water by noon. I love water. Put some frozen fruit in it and it is delicious. I like lemon and grated ginger with mint.

I hope you all have a great workout today, BBL to read your posts.

This morning I did CDorner Dance Workout Wham! 59 minutes, heart rate 143/169, 344 calories, 5,092 steps. This was fun and the music was a lot of the song Wake Me Up with some slower songs for learning the next moves and ended with stretch and Careless Whisper. I have two left feet and tripped up a bit, but she is such a good instructor and as many times as we went through the moves I pretty well had it by the end. I wouldn't want someone watching me as I probably looked silly since I am so stiff and not a loose personality. Anyway, I enjoyed it and it was low impact and on the floor. I also did all of the latest mobility this time which was from head to toe and no down dog moves. This was 27 minutes, 48 calories, heart rate 82/106, 72 steps. Total time was 86 minutes, 392 calories, 5,974 steps.

Jolie, I saw pictures on Fox News last night. I cannot believe people voted for these people and stick their head in the sand when there are pictures!! I guess ignorance is bliss. They are going to pay with losing their freedoms to travel, money, and being safe from predators. I know, they put everything down as covid by saying possible covid on all. If they do a covid test it is possible covid. I got two different tests so they probably counted it as two. Well, head cold symptoms are not the same. I told my husband the odd thing was my allergy cough went away with the covid. Probably more due to my daughter having me take decongestants and expectorants as precautionary. Anyway, I am glad that you are over it. I am loving my Vivo Active 4S Garmin. You can get it as just the Vivo Active 4 if you don't mind the face being a bit bigger. I like the app a lot as well and what all it does. It is so nice not having to stop and mess with tightening and moving a watch around trying to get it to pick up the heart rate correctly till I am feeling angry and wanting to throw it. If you someone who goes out to walk/run, it has a set up you can do that will (I think) send out a message to whoever you set up letting them know if something is wrong and you need help. It is a safety feature. I like lime and grated ginger in my water :) Also, when I am under the weather I make it warm with some honey, tumeric, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. I drink so much water and never track it. My Garmin has a water tracker if I want to use it. It also puts my workout automatically into MFP after I linked the two. Now I don't have to go put the workouts in anymore. It picks up my calories in and out as well this way.
I like doing weight workouts with the stability ball. I need to air up both of mine and my Bosu. I took the air out so they would move easier.

Belinda, nice work today with Cathe Live and Suzanne Bowen.

I did Caroly Girvan - Full Body Fuze (day 4) today - I skipped the finisher because the puppy wanted to go out and I didn't feel like going back to the basement just for 3 minutes of burpees! HA. I can't wait for this little guy to get better at walking on a leash so we can go for walks. Right now half the time he's just wanting to explore and the other half I'm trying to get him to move!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.