Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

I also did Cathe Total Body Stretching - Basic Stretching. I forgot how good of a lower body stretch that was. Need to pull that one out more often.

Reactions: WD
Did not get in with my doctor. I love my doctor but HATE that I can't get in with her when I need to. Ridiculous. And now she's switching from Mercy to UH and their phone system isn't even working yet. I did make an appoint with her for next Monday, so we'll see what happens. The pain is not as bad, but still there. I think I have either a kidney or bladder infection. I'm drinking cranberry juice and taking tons of vitamin C and that seems to be helping. At least it isn't painful anymore. Still having tightness in my back and if it's a kidney issue, that explains that.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Blast. I went light due to the issue I'm dealing with but I still had a great workout. This is a tough one.

4 sets each exercises - 30 seconds on/10 seconds off

Bench Press - 25#
Barbell Shoulder Press - 10's - these killed me
Dumbbell Flies - 15's
Lateral Raise - 8's
Skate & Curl - 10's/10's/10's/8's
Squat/Hammer Curl/Jump - 10's (didn't do the jump)
Barbell Row - 20#
Dips
Seated Reverse Flies
- 10's
Skull Crushers - 10's
V-Ups - Skipped

I took breaks in between each exercise, Kelly just keeps going and I needed to stretch a bit.

Workout was 40 minutes burned 256 calories, HR 131/169.

Jolie - Nice that you're getting that money for the house, that is crazy. I never heard of that before. Nice job with your cardio on Sunday!

Diane - Great job with your workouts Friday and Saturday!! Hope you rested on Sunday.

Belinda - I love farmers markets. We have some around here, not sure if they are opened yet. Probably not since nothing has been planted yet. Can't wait until they are.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout on Saturday.

Roxie - I want a Sleep Number but I keep hearing negative reviews about them. They look great to me, maybe one of these days!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip workout and I had a great one today! I went up in weight for Chest, 25# for Presses, 20# for flies and Close grip chest press. In Back I went up in weights, 30# for rows and I substituted out the pullovers to 1 arm Horz. rows and I used 20#. I love this workout, the lower reps allow me to lift heavier and sometimes I do more than Cathe does, I like to go to failure sometimes :) I really never follow a workout exactly the way it is done, I like to tweak it to my liking and I change them up all the time so I don't get bored doing them. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 406 which included my stretch.

Hopefully my house closes tomorrow, we shall see. I think it will, boy I have to finish packing up all of the little stuff lying around. My husband packed two sheds and a 3 car garage yesterday and I finished my sons room. Now I am starting to really get stressed out so bare with me this week :( Also, we are trying to get my son who is off to college in his own apartment and out of the dorms at the exact same time and I have no time to go and help him get all of his stuff.

Debbie, awesome workout today! You can get some really concentrated cranberry supplements that work really good compared to the juice with no calories! Also, there is a supplement called DManos that kicks a bladder infection right out of you! If you go on Amazon and type in Bladder and kidney support products you will see a lot that can help you. I use a kidney bladder formula from Natures Way everyday so I don't get stones or other issues. Also, there is a product named Super Phos but I am not sure if it is for gallbladder stones or kidney stones. You take it with apple juice for 3 days, it softens the stones and then on the night of the 3rd day you down a cup of Coke with a cup of Olive Oil and lay on one of your sides for like 30 minutes. You will be so amazed how many stones you will pass!!!!!!! The soften so it is not painful. I have done it numerous times and you feel amazing afterwards.

Belinda, good job on the stretch I bet that felt great!

I will check back in later to read your posts and see what everyone did for workouts today!

Enjoy the day!

Yesterday was a rest day. I did Raw foam rolling and that is it. Dr Axe put an article about the worst yoga moves for causing injuries and some suggestions if one still wants to do them. I will have to post a link. Particularly since this gave me pause on some of those moves with my back and neck issues. I have had stress fractures in my back. I don't even know if they are mended yet or not.
Anyway today I did Coffey Fit Raw Ripped and Ride April workout. I liked this one a lot. The ride portions were around 4 minutes or a bit longer followed by weights at 10# and each weight segment ends with a boxing segment to give the legs a break. This was 53 minutes, heart rate average 120, max 169, 1,013 steps, 328 calories, met 7.0. I had a hard time with accuracy as I tried the Fit Bit on my ankle and I swear it was worse than just using the spin bike. I need to do this on the Tread Climber. I went by met value, perceived exertion, Map My Fitness using the spin setting, and allowing for weight breaks alon with checking out the calories burned calculator. If anything, I think the calorie burn would be higher. I then did the new Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw #3 weight workout, 39 minutes. This was fun, heart rate average 113, max 156, (I put the Fit Boit back on my wrist) 1,629 steps, 202 calories, met 6.0. I will come back and post the format and exercises for Real Raw later. I need to get showered and hit the store before I have to battle the school getting out traffic. 92 minutes, 530 calories

It is very heartbreaking to see the cathedral go up in flames. I saw it on the German news. I am so glad I got to see the cathedral a few times while we lived in Germany. We visit Paris a few times a year. Unbelievable!

Belinda, I just heard that news awhile ago on the radio on the way back from the store. It is so sad.

The Raw Real Raw 3 workout went like this:
38 minutes
each muscle group worked one side at a time to elicit more core work and focus. Simple cardio interspersed. I think about 3 times in place of rests to keep energy up.
Kelly uses 10,12,15# dbs and for the finishers at the end 8# dbs
The music on this one is fun. Songs like Living on a Prayer, Old time rock and Roll :)
2:41 minute warm up exercises are done 30 sec each She uses a weight bench
back
1 arm rows 15# dbs 30 sec right 30 sec. lft
1 arm row slight change in positions 15# 30 sec rt. 30 sec lft
1 arm row with opposite leg lift behind 30 sec rt 30 sec lft
cardio
chest
12.5 # dbs 1 arm bench press 30 sec rt 30 sec lft
1 arm bench press with opposing leg lift 30 sec each side
1 arm bench press double leg raise up and down 30 sec each side
cardio
12.5 # 1 arm biceps curl 30 sec each side
15# db (12.5 was a bit too light) balance on 1 leg bicep curl 30 sec repeat on other side
Shoulders
10# dbs lateral raise both arms
10# dbs 1 leg balance lateral raise both arms 30 sec then switch legs 30 sec
Squats
no weight single leg squat 30 sec each side
15# dbs squats single leg 30 sec each side
15# dbs side to side tap squat
Triceps
10# dbs double arm kickbacks
10# 1 leg dbl arm kickbacks right
10# 1 leg dbl arm kickbacks left
Cardio
Bench butt kick hops
bench butt kick hops landing 1 leg
bench hops on and off (like in Melt down where you are holding onto the step)
Finisher done twice with slight change in a couple of moves 8# dbs
run rows
chest standing lift out and front by clavicle second time she does a pec deck
running biceps curls switching to hammer curls the second time through
front raise alternating right and left -- Kelly does the shoulders last second rnd holding the dumbbells together in front and moving elbows up and down(like chicken wings)
overhead triceps extension both weights held together

Debbie, I hope that the cranberry juice and vitamin C works for you. I know it sometimes is hard to get right into my doctors office. I used to be able to when my daughters and daughter in law worked there ;) Not anymore. I keep wondering where they are going because the last two times I was there, there was a for sale sign in

Belinda, I know it seems unfair to the farmers. Besides they are pressured to do organic and they really do lose money since they are not using pesticides. I buy various colors of potatoes at Sprouts. They come up with some odd items that I have to come home and look up on the internet. I bought purple sweet potatoes before. I found recipes where you could make purple cookies out of them. We used to go to a Farmers Market downtown. But it is so congested down there and I cannot imagine doing that anymore. I am not even sure if the buildings are still there for the farmers market. I love zucchini. I eat a lot of it, but salads I eat daily. I usually buy organic produce and clean and cut up my own salads. I have bought those chopped salad mixes that are Taylor farms and feel like that is how they get rid of the extra stems and pieces of brussels sprouts and broccoli.

Jolie, nice job and work tweaking the workouts to your liking. I do not envy you the packing. I hope things go well tomorrow. How long do you have before they are moving in?

Good morning,

D34 Cardio Core is done. I did all the high impact (jump ropes) on my rebounder. Had lots of fun. That is one tough cardio workout.

Diane - it's very sad about the cathedral. They still don't know what caused the fire? I guess it makes sense not using pesticides. There is a new farmer at the market this year, he doesn't use any pesticides. His CSA prices are $700 - 900 a share. This year I buy what I need and use. Our farmers market is very congested too especially if you go around 10 a.m or later. I usually go when they open at 8 a.m. I used to buy at the farmers market salad in bulk. Like I said, he is now at the other market. I buy my organic salad at Costco, no extra stems and pieces of brussels sprouts and broccoli. Just lettuce. I buy and chop salad when I run out of the organic salad in Costco. At the farmers market they should have lettuce in a few weeks, than I will buy/chop up for the week. Other than that it's Costco organic chopped salad :) We eat a lot of salad. Every time I eat zucchini my stomach cramps up really bad :( I have stomach pain from hell when I eat it. About 20 minutes after eating, I am in so much pain, I couldn't stand up/crawl up in a ball from pain. Worst pain I ever experience in my life. My DD has the same problem. It's the only vegetable we can't eat. Weird, hah?

I love the various colors of potatoes. Sometimes I find them at Whole Foods.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw #2 Cardio Hiit, 36 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 140. max 168, met 7.0, 3,366 steps. I have ladies game day at 9 so need to run and get ready. I will check back later.

Today I got on my Max Trainer and did the 14 Minute Intervals again. I really like this but I think I will be needing longer workouts soon. I need to figure out how to see all the workouts the app (which cost a ton) says it has, I can't find them anywhere. I did really well with this and even Max told me I needed to save energy to get through the workout. I yelled at him and said, NO WAY! LOL!! Fun stuff. I don't really see how you can get the huge calorie burns they claim you get, though. I'm no where near what they advertise.

Workout was 22 minutes (I warmed up and cooled down), burned 149 calories, went .5 miles and did 1230 steps. HR was 134/157.

I also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned an extra 118 calories, went 1 mile, did 2410 steps and HR was 111/125.

I really wanted to do some higher intensity cardio after the Max Trainer but had a crappy morning spilling my coffee all over my desk where my laptop, Nook and cell phone sit along with paperwork, etc. It happened as soon as I sat down to enjoy the news and get ready to workout. So that really put a bad taste in my mouth and I just wasn't into it. Oh, and I am feeling much better today. I've been drinking cranberry juice and taking 1000 mg vitamin C every two hours. That has helped me a great deal.

Jolie - I ordered some cranberry tables from Amazon last night, I don't need all that sugar that is in the drink so thanks for the suggestion. I never even thought to do that. I will take them consistently to help with this problem, it was not fun. Still not sure I have or had a kidney stone, it never hurt to pee. Nice job on the Glassboro workout yesterday, I love that one. I might do it this week as well.

Diane - Please include that link on the worst yoga moves to do, I'm curious. I'm wondering if I could do the Ripped and Ride workout with my Max trainer? I bet I could. That one sounds like a fun workout, I might do that tomorrow. I don't remember Real Raw, is that new? It's hard to see her new posted workouts now that they are in categories, sort of bums me out because I have no clue what she's uploaded. I'll have to take time to look through it. Real Raw sounds like fun too.

Belinda - My heart breaks for France, so sad. My mom is from Italy and she was in tears yesterday. She's never been there, but I understand how she feels. I had tears in my eyes yesterday too. History is gone. Even if they rebuild, it won't be the same. Nice job with your workouts!

Roselyn - Great job girl, you are keeping up with your workouts even though you have full time schooling!! Amazing!!

Roxie - Where are you? You need to get back on track. Start working out and get back in here. We miss you!

Have great workouts everyone!

I also did Cathe Total Body Stretching with Ball 1 = 13 min. These are great short stretches.

Debbie - me too :( I felt the same way you and your mom did yesterday. Sorry your mom never went. A few years ago we were stationed right at the German/France border. You are right even if the rebuild it, it will never be the same. Yesterday my husband and son talked how they ran up them towers. My husband chasing my son up them towers. DD and I didn't run up them towers, too many steps. I will pull out the pictures this weekend :( Never gonna be the same. LOL, you yelling at him. Glad you had fun.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

Today I have woken up to complete chaos in my house and I felt like crying... There are boxes everywhere and I am a control freak and feel so out of control. Today I have to organize everything, what the mover is taking on the truck and what we are moving, like breakable things ect. Once I get that done I will feel better :) I am not working out today, I am giving myself permission to take the day off because I am stressed and feeling overwhelmed. I hurt my knee this weekend and I don't even know how I did it. It is swollen below the knee cap, the patella tendon area, it is sore. I don't want to irritate it anymore so today is a rest day since it was supposed to be a cardio day.

We are supposed to close on our house today! :) I cant wait to not be a home owner for just a little while. Owning a home is a huge responsibility and I am ready to lift that stress off of me for a year or so. Saturday we get the keys to the new house and get to start to move in. On Tuesday is the big move with the movers. I don't have to be out of this house till Easter day at 6pm. That takes a lot of pressure off me since I don't have to do it all in one day.

So sad about the Church in Paris!

Belinda, great workout on the rebounder today. I have never tried that or a bosu workout. Yvette has a lot of bosu workouts but I don't have the piece of equipment. You were very lucky to get to visit Paris so many times. I have never gone to Europe, I want to go to Italy so bad! We take more ski trips and fishing trips than travel abroad because that is what the guys like to do in my family.

Debbie, nice workout even though it didn't go the way you had hoped. I am glad you ordered the supplements because these darn fruit juices have so much sugar in them.

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday, thanks for posting the entire thing for use to reference.

Roselyn, great workout! How is school going?

Have a nice day.

I love Kelly's Real Raw workouts. They are not really planned out for streaming. Kelly just does her thing and makes some choices as she moves along. She plays fun music in these. The two weight ones are favorites of mine. The first one is all weights and she blends dumbbells and kettle bells for the weight work. They are just part of her Raw channel.

Debbie, I will post the yoga moves article when I am done posting here. Dr Axe and his wife are physical therapists, so I am guessing they would have some insight into things that cause problems. Yes, Kelly says that you can use other equipment instead of the spin bike. I need to do one with the tread climber. I find so many pieces of equipment claims to calorie burns and workouts done by instructors are extremely high. Just like Jari Loves Ripped 1000 workouts. I generally got half that or a bit less. After using workout manager and their met values and my calorie calculator, I have figured out most of those burns have to be a much larger person than me and one that is maybe not so used to doing cardio for the amount of years that I have. I am not even near what they have. Some I feel I have to drop that met value along with doing the math using my weight etc. to get the burn that runs close to my devices and what I am pretty sure it should be as per weight gain etc.. If I counted on that many calories and ate to compensate, I would gain weight.
I wish fitness equipment didn't sell an expensive product and expect you to pay to get the workouts they provide. I remember buying videos and dvds for my Nautilus Treadmill when I first got it and then finally quit. I think once you get some ideas on usuage maybe you can come up with your own. It would be nice to have more access to some though. I was looking at the Total Gym site after seeing my friend's husband demonstrating stuff on his and seeing Cathe's video preview she did for their streaming workouts. It looked kind of fun. But, again you pay for the streaming workouts.
I feel the same way about tart cherry juice and sugar calories. That is why I buy tart cherry with celery seed to help with gout. That and I use acv that helps with so many things.

Jolie, I used to feel so angry and irritable when I would look around at my house being messed up and things out of place. I finally got past it and it does not bother me so much. Once in awhile the monster hits me and I shove it away. No reason to feel anxiety over something that is really not a long lasting thing. Deep breathes and on to the task ;) You will get through it. I realize that you have a lot going on all at the same time. I have a Bosu and it was one of the reasons that I visited Yvette's workouts the first time. I thought it would be a nice way to use it and possibly not too much impact :p Really jumping on the Bosu has some conditioning. It can strengthen the legs just balancing.

Belinda, it sounds like you have some wonderful memories from Paris. It took them so many years just to build. Repairing will end up putting newer more modern stuff into it trying to bring it back. I don't see how that can work as well. I have read that zucchini is one of the foods to not eat for histamine intolerance. I have never noticed a problem with it though. Apparently you have some food allergy for it to bother you like that. I eat lots of kale, spinach, and spring salad mix. Mostly kale. Then I add to it. I cannot buy too much at once as I am the only one eating it unless I have a family gathering. I make my own dressings so I know what is in it. No soy or canola oil or oil blends that mix in the bad oils! Sometimes I just use vinegar or lemon juice. Lemon and lime juice is good on a taco salad.

Good Evening,

Saturday I did KCM Sculpting Rx 1 Upper Body and tonight I did Lite Body Weight and Band Standing Only.

My house is officially sold, the for sale sign is down and I just had a strong Margarita! Wow is all I can say. I raised my kids in this house and now we are leaving. I am ready to move but leaving the house behind will be hard but I have all of the memories in my brain and my heart. This is the longest I have ever lived in a house, 15 years. I have to say, it feels great to be night tied down to a house. We can now go where the wind takes us :)

Good morning,

D35 TB Core is done.

Jolie - congratulations! I know you have mixed feelings selling your house :( You make new memories in your new house. I bought a bosu for my dog Brawler. He needed it for PT. I hardly use it. I do like the rebounder for the high impact workouts.

Diane - thanks for the info on histamine intolerance. Next time I see my doctor I will ask him to do a test. Maybe I have a food allergy? I also make my own salad dressing. Nice job yesterday.

Happy Hump Day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.