Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Good Evening.

I just watched the new hip hop workout and decided I will have to turn the volume down and listen to my own music the music in this one is horrible.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Diane - I always like to follow a rotation as laid out. If I follow a programs to the T, I don't like changing it up. I do like just taking a break and not following a rotation especially when I am on vacation. Sorry about your headache. I try to avoid shopping when the stores are packed. Great job on your workout yesterday.

Debbie - your workouts look amazing. Wants me to sign up for Cathe on Demand. WTG, yesterday.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Roxie - which Hip Hop is that? Did you like it?

I will do my workout shortly.

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Strength and Stamina skipped the chest workout due to time we celebrated my grandsons first birthday today.

Belinda-it’s the new raw workout she put up

This morning I did Amy Bento Ross Step Challenge 3 warm up and first two combos, 32 minutes, heart rate average 143 max 172, met 8.3, 245 calories, 2,934 steps. I stopped here because some of the fast pivots off the step was making my knee achy. I always loved these step challenge workouts though. I went ahead and put in Ice Low Impact Sweat workout #2 (step) skipping the warm up, 23 minutes, heart rate average 128 average, max 150, 1,390 steps, met 8.5, 140 calories. I finished off with Lite Stretch #2 31 calories. Total time was 67 minutes, calories burned 416, 4,324 steps.

Roxie, Kelly is enjoying her son's music. I reveled in the fact that she probably feels pumped for him and she was sort of singing some of the words. It is not my type of music, but I do not mind at all. I bet it was fun celebrating your grandson's first birthday. My youngest grandson will be 5 the 5th and it seems like he was just a tiny baby.

Belinda, when I have pretty much stuck with a rotation, it felt good just getting up and knowing what I was going to do. Some weeks I need to lower my workout times and stuff just because of being busy, but most rotations do not have really lengthy workouts anyway.

I am back: I did D44 Cardio Flow this morning + SBF stretch.

Diane - that's how I feel when I stick to a rotation. I don't think I need a really lengthy workout to get a good workout in. When I did 21 Day Fix, I got great results.

Roxie - thanks for clearing it up. I thought it was a new BB workout :) Great job!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Sorry for checking in so late today, I just got so busy unpacking I forgot to post my workout! I am back at it and it felt so good! Today I did Yvette Bachman, Low impact step cardio, Biceps, shoulders, triceps and AB circuit. This was a more endurance type workout, which I needed from taking last week off, rep ranges from 12 to 15 reps. I had a great workout, time was 1 hour and 8 minutes and I burned 602 calories. I really like this workout, it is easy on the joints and you get an awesome calorie burn.

Great job on all of the workouts today girls! I am so tired I have to go to bed early tonight.

Tomorrow I plan on doing a Cathe Live Upper Body workout.

Have a great evening.

Just letting you all know that my step daughter got her tests back and the doctor said the tumor was benign and that he thought he got it all out. She goes back in 3 months for a check up.

Thank you all for the prayers. I am so relieved to hear this!!!

Today was my rest day and I did Kelly's Raw stretch this morning.

Debbie, that is wonderful news!! I am so glad it was benign.

Jolie, nice that you finally got in a workout.

Roselyn, good job on doing hiit workouts.

Belinda, I did well with 21 Day Fix Extreme , but still added a bit to it. Although I will say they were plenty hard enough. I am just not good at doing something like the pilates one as a stand alone workout.

Good morning,

Day 45 Booty is done.

Diane - I got great results without adding a bit to it. I rather follow a rotation to the T. I didn't see great results when I added a little extra. Sometimes less is more, JMO! The only extra workouts I do is walk or stretching. That's it for me.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Today I only had time for a short workout as I needed to be in to work early. I jumped on my Max Trainer and did a 21 minute workout by Coach Tom. This one was 12 - 25 second intervals with 80 seconds of rest. I was not up to it this morning, this was hard. My legs really burn with these intervals. Glad I did it, I think I've done this one before.

Workout was 24 minutes, burned 158 calories (MT said 209), went .5 miles and did 1395 steps. HR was 129/150 but I beg to differ with this reading. My heart rate was really up there with some of these intervals. Great workout, though!!

No time for personals but great job with all that you are doing!! I'll try to be back later but have a packed day today. Have a great one!!!

Today I started with Cathe Live, Strong Upper Body and Core. I had a great workout, but I feel like I have lost some strength but did the same weights as before when I did it a few weeks back. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 402 calories. Then, I jumped on the elliptical and went for 15 minutes, interval mode, 2 minutes high incline with high resistance then 2 minutes lower incline lower resistance. I traveled 1.53 miles, 2392 steps, and burned and additional 190 calories. Total workout time was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 592 calories. I feel great today, we woke up to a tropical storm so the rain was so relaxing. 119 average heart rate and 162 max heart rate. I really get my heart rate up when I do Yvette's workouts for cardio.

Debbie, I am so glad your step daughter is in the clear! Prayers always help and we should all pray for each other and our families. Great job on the workout today even though it was short. I did the same type of interval workout and it really gets you good :)

Belinda, nice workout today. Was there a ton of squats and lunges in your booty workout? Sounds fun :)

I will check back later, I hope you all have great workouts.

Today I did Lite Rev'd Up Rumble calorie crush timesaver, 22 minutes, 158 calories, met 8.90, heart rate average 130, max 154, 1,889 steps. I then did Lite PHA 2 Extreme mix #1 6 rounds, 62 minutes, met 8.2, 436 calories, 1,002 steps, heart rate average 101, max 136. Total time was 84 minutes, calories burned 594, 2,891 steps.
Weights today ( subbed a 20# kettlebell for some moves)
Rounds 3 rounds of group 1 this was done 2 times then alternate group 1 and group 2 for the last two rounds
side to side sumo squats 20# kettlebell 12 reps all rounds I used the same weight(Cathe uses a dumbbell)
one arm row 20# kettlebell (this is a row done two directions counts 1 rep)
forward leaning glute lunges off platform 15# 12 reps
pullovers 15# dbs 12 reps
standing squats 25# dbs 10 reps
push ups 5 reps of single then double counts 1 rep
rear lunges off step with 3 risers 15# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 17.5# dbs 5 reps done as single and double cts 1

Rounds 3 of group 2
side lunge 20# db 12 reps right then 12 reps left
biceps curls 15# dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 15# dbs 12 reps
side/front lateral raises 8# dbs 12 reps
static lunges 20# kettlebell 12 reps
w curl 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 17.5# dbs 12 reps
lying extension 15# dbs 12 reps

Belinda, yes sometimes less is more. I find the longer I workout the more I have to eat LOL It just makes me hungry. I may have to break down and do some sort of rotation that is not too long this summer. I will be spending time enjoying my grandchildren and younger daughter while school is out :) Family time is so much more important and satisfying than long workouts.

Debbie, I am so happy to see you are getting great workouts in with your Max Trainer. Nice work today.

Jolie, maybe your muscles are a little fatigued from all of the moving etc.. You got in a great workout today. We have rain that is just starting up. Ours is not always so relaxing when the hail and winds come up. Hoping for just showers and not tornadoes and the like. I ran to the store to get back before it got started just in case.

Good morning,

D46 Cardio is done.

Jolie - no, not a ton of squats and lunges. She uses the bands a lot for your booty like fire hydrant/legs curls/legs lifts, clams, bridges. By the time your are done your booty is on fire. She does a group of weight workouts first, than followed by a group of band workouts. They all target your booty :)

Diane - I agree, family time is so much more important than long workouts. I try not to be obsessed with workouts anymore. I realized I get better results with less. I feel good, but not wiped out. Great job yesterday.

Debbie - great job with your Max Trainer. Glad you like it.

Roselyn - great job on ploy legs.

Roxie - I hope you had a great workout yesterday. how are you doing?

Have a great day and workout!

It was 37 degrees this morning. WTF?

Today I did Strong Upper Body w/Core from 10/23/14, had an excellent workout. I did this one back in February but this time I was much stronger and even outlifted Cathe. She must have been having an off day because she kept going lower and lower in weights. Weird. Love this one!!!

3 sets each round with 12 reps

BACK
One Arm Row:
30#
Pullover: 25#
(Superset)

SHOULDERS
Standing Overhead Press:
15's
Rear Flies: 12's
Front Raise: 15#
Lateral Raise: 8's
(Giant Set) - KILLER

CHEST
Chest Flies:
22.5's
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's
Pushups: 12 reps just single count
(Giant Set)

TRICEPS
Standing Overhead Extension:
20#
Lying Extensions: 12's
Dips: 32 reps fast
(Giant Set)

BICEPS
Standing Dumbbell Curl:
15's
W Curl: 10's
Crazy 8: 10's
(Giant Set)

CORE
Used 8# dumbbell for entire thing, this was an excellent core workout. Started with standing exercises then ended up on the floor for the rest. Awesome!!

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 442 calories. HR was 140/173. My calorie burns have gone up since I've loosened my FB. That does not make any logical sense to me, but whatever!!

Jolie - I did the same one you did yesterday, that is a great workout. Yes, prayers work. I have the soundtrack to "A Star is Born" with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga. There is a song on there called "Maybe it's Time" and a line out of the song says "Nobody speaks to God these days..." scary thing is, it's true. How sad is that? I talk to God daily! Nice job with your workout!

Diane - Nice job with your workouts, you are having great workouts lately. I love my Max Trainer, it is fun. I still miss running though. Hamstring is still giving me issues.

Roselyn - Great job with Plyo Legs. I hate anything with the word "plyo" in it! LOL!!

Belinda - Nice on the cardio today!! Is it hard? What kind of cardio are these workouts? Step, boxing? A miix? Just curious. Kicking some bootay for sure!!

Roxie - Wow, your grandson is 1 already? Where does the time go?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

My days keep getting pushed late and it is hard to get everything in. Was trying to help my daughter with her yahoo business email that she has through us and cannot get into, then had to call my bank because for some reason a deposit from my husbands work that came in caused them to charge us 30 dollars. They could find nothing and said they would give back the money. SO between trying to figure things out here it is noon and I have things to take care of still. Anyway, I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and drills, 29 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 162, met 8.3, 220 calories, 2,658 steps. Then I decided to try a Ripped and Ride on the Tread Climber and did the March on. Kelly uses 12.5 and 8# dbs. I took 10's down and that is all I used. I didn't want to go to heavy as I plan on stacked sets lower tomorrow and I have stacked sets upper coming that I will do Thursday or Friday. Ripped and Ride was 40 minutes, heart rate average 122, max 162, 1,800 steps. I guess the heart rate dropped somewhat for the weight segments off the tread climber. I didn't push to the max speed though. The most I went was 3.5 mph and I build to that each interval. Max it goes is 4.5 and you really have to hold on with at least 1 hand to stay in control. I like to be able to let go part of the time.
Total time was 69 minutes 468 calories, 4,458 steps.

Debbie, you are right most do not pray anymore. When they mention God it is a flippant curse word :( I have a prayer list and every morning I pray through it for all of those on it and then other things that need prayed for. I pray for wisdom and right decisions for my day. Then the rest of the day there is just me talking to God silently or aloud. Thanking him for helping me for something or asking help. I don't know what I would do without Him walking there with me all of the time. :) Great job on the weight workout today. Everyone seems to like the Stacked sets Upper so I ordered it yesterday. I was a bit worried as the Stacked Lower was not what I expected.

Roselyn, nice work with the plyo.

Belinda, how is the cardio on those workouts. Autumn has done those drill type workouts on others that I have done and I am not a fan of doing drills. Nice work today.

Kelly's May Ripped and Ride looks like it will be a good one. She says she did not feel like doing weights so she did heavy bag and the bike. Of course she says you can do the boxing without the bag.

Today I did Cathe Live's Warrior Kickboxing. I love this workout, probably my most favorite kickboxing/boxing workout ever. Just fun combinations and it really gets my HR up. I used my 1# weighted gloves for the kickboxiing part and 5# dumbbells for the the abs at the end. The abs were good but went on way too long. I actually stopped when she was doing the 2nd set of planks and hip swings. Too much in my opinion.

Workout was 59 minutes, burned 481 calories (holy smokes!), did 5015 steps and HR was 174/209.

Great workout! I love the bag part but it's only about 10 minutes long if that. But it's fun. Brilliant workout by Cathe!

Diane - How annoying about your bank, I'm glad you got that straightened out. Sometimes I think they do that stuff in hopes you won't notice. Not right. Who does the Stacked Sets workouts? Your words about God touched me, I actually had a tear in my eye when I read what you do daily, you don't hear stuff like that too often anymore. Kids now a days don't even know who Jesus or God is. It's just not right. The new Ripped and Ride sounds fun, I'm sure I can do that on my Max Trainer. I'll have to try it soon.

Hi to all who checks in later and I hope you all have a great day and workout!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.