Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2014

This morning I did my version of Cardio Coach #2. I had a pretty good workout. Wasn't much into it today, though.

Workout was 39 minutes long, burned 337 calories and traveled about 2.25 miles.

I was watching an infomercial this weekend about 10-Minute Trainer by Tony Horton. I decided to get it and see how much I like it. I've seen this commercial before and the workouts look fun. Plus it's only 10 minutes and I like the fact that you can add on workouts to make it 30, 40, 50 or even an your of workouts. I get 90 days free trial so we'll see. I should get it sometimes this week.

Diane Sue - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I am praying for him and you and your family. I hope he wakes up soon.

Today I did Gym Styles Chest and Triceps, 48 minutes, 244 calories. I then did URX-MT Greg Sims Cardio Yogic Intervals, 51 minutes, 494 calories. I forgot all of the arm work and I sort of remember the push ups but I didn't remember all of them being right at the start for the warm up. Ouch after all of the Gym Style push ups. He had so many lost count. It seems it was 18 on knees, 18 regular, 18 kneeling with a push off the rebounder, 18 push off with punches, then side to side push ups with one hand on the floor and one on the rebounder, then side to side with an opposite leg raise, then regular push ups knees again, straight leg regular, and push offs. No breaks. I bet my arms and chest feel todays workout.
Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned 738.
Thanks for all of the prayers and thoughts. My brother told me today that a couple of the neurologists think he will wake up. Something in the EEG showed that there was some brain damage. They do not know how much. He is opening his eyes once in awhile and goes back to sleep. He is moving more.

Debbie, I have looked at the 10 minute trainers. It will be interesting to see how you like them. I have had my eye on P90X3 that is shorter workouts.

Wow, yesterday is was 71 degrees when I woke up. Today, 30 degree and snowing. WTH??? I'm so sick of this weather. I'm done with snow and winter. It's time for spring. I don't even want to head out in this stuff again. Very depressing.

Today I did the upper body premix of STS Total Body. Had a good workout.

Diane Sue - I'd like to get P90X3 as well. I may get that set next.

Today I did X train all out low impact hit with core 1, 50 minutes, 358 calories. I then did Cross train low impact tabata bonus twice and bonus core, 19 minutes, 139 calories. I then did Gym Style shoulders, 11 minutes, 68 calories and finished off with 9 minutes from Yoga Shatki, I kept getting calls about my Dad so gave up any more yoga. Total workout time was 89 minutes and calories 593.

Debbie, it was 80 here one day and then snowed yesterday. It is really crazy weather.

Today I did Gym Styles Legs stopping after the stability ball tibialis pulls, 40 minutes, 207 calories. I then did URX-MT Greg Sims Cardio Metabolic circuit which is mainly lower and core work with cardio, 49 minutes, 359 calories. I finished with Z Cut power yoga series 1, crescent and cool down, 11 minutes, 54 calories. Total time was 1h 40m, calories, 620.

Hi everyone. Didn't workout yesterday, went to bed too late the night before. I could not get up that early. Today I did Run Fit by Candace and had a great workout!

Workout was 52 minutes total, ran 3.25 miles and burned 510 calories.

I got the 10-Minute Trainer yesterday and I watched a few of the workouts this morning. It looks awesome. I can't wait to try it. I'm going to use their guidelines on doing 3 workouts a day for 5 weeks. Their schedule is 4 weeks but there are no days off and I don't like working out on the weekends. So I'll follow the schedule but take Sat. & Sun. off so that will extend it to 5 weeks. My DH has to put hooks in a wall in my workout room because you use the bands for most of the workouts and you are supposed to hook it to the door. But my door is near my pullup tower so I don't have much room to workout over on that side of the room. So hopefully we can do that this weekend. I'm a little leary of using the bands so much because I'm always afraid they will snap and hit me. I hope that doesn't happen. I'm looking forward to starting it because I really need to do something different.

Today I did Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior, 53 minutes, 390 calories. I then did X Train Hard Strikes Heavy Bag 13 minutes, 10 calories, I followed with Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpting and Conditioning with Kettle bells 2 finisher, abs, and cooldown, 22 minutes, 138 calories. I finished off with AOS Empire state mobility 11 minutes, 47 calories. Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned 683.

Debbie, that sounds like a good plan. I have my VKR and use that for wrapping my band around. Although if I remember right it is different than yours. It was used from a gym and is more a dip station. I put my door hanging bar on it for pull ups as well but I have to use it more like Cathe does in STS with her tower. We have the plaster walls and I would be afraid to mount something to use it. The doors don't work either. Really old skinny doors that half the time don't stay latched. Anxious to hear your reviews as you do those.

Today we are doing our family Easter celebration plus loading and moving things :) I did Kelly Coffey Trim Down both workouts (My knees love this one because there is very little jumping) 58 minutes, 465 calories.

HI everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Mine was good.

I started 10 Minute Trainer this morning and it was just ok. 10 minutes is too short to get anything going but I did work up a good sweat after 30 minutes.

I did Upper Body (which wasn't that great, Tony made it look really hard but it really wasn't), Core Cardio and Cardio. I was going to do Upper Body over again but decided not to. I'll do this for a while but I have a feeling I'm going to get bored fast. I think it's good to change things up a bit - which I need. So I'll do these for a couple weeks (maybe the whole 5 weeks I was planning) and see how it goes. I already miss my treadmill workouts though. :(

We'll see. Nothing to write home about. If anyone was thinking of getting these workouts, I think the P90X3 would be better. I should have ordered those instead.

This morning I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps, 48 minutes, 200 calories. I then did Party Rockin Step 2, 53 minutes, 490 calories. Total time 1 hr 41 minutes and calories burned 690.

Debbie, thanks for he review. I think that I will pass. I think that you are right that P90X 3 would have been the better choice.

Hi everyone. Today I did 10 Minute Trainer again. Again, not impressed with these workouts and I am thinking of sending them back. I did Cardio, Core Cardio and Total Body today. There are only two cardio workouts so I know I'm going to get bored with these fast. The total body workout with the tube wasn't too bad, but really, I'm not feeling it half as much as I do using weights.

Tomorrow is Yoga Flex so I think I'm going to do a Cardio Coach workout and then do the Yoga Flex. I'm assuming it's only 10 minutes so that will be good for a stretch/cool down workout. There is a 90 day return on this so I'll keep it for a while longer and then make my decision. I threw away the plastics that all the stuff came in, I hope that doesn't affect me sending the stuff back. I have everything else, even all the paperwork that came with the set.

I did sweat again during the workouts today and I do notice my legs are sore from yesterday, although I honestly don't know why. My upper body isn't sore at all.

Diane Sue - Do you happen to know how much the P90X3 is? Maybe I'll return and then order that set instead.

I did Amy Bento Hi/Lo Dynamics w/u, combo and interval 1 & 2, and both combined then abs and stretch, 34 minutes, 275 calories. I then did Gym Style Legs, 67 minutes, 397 calories, and finished 10 minute solution 5 Day get Fit, Amy Bento, abs and power yoga, 21 minutes, 105 calories. Total time was 2 hr. 2 min. calories burned 777.

Today I did one of my Cardio Coach mixes and had an excellent workout. This workout had some tough challenges on it, definitely puke status. :eek: I also did the Yoga Flex from 10 Minute Trainer. This one was ok, typical yoga.

Workout was 50 minutest total, ran 3 miles and burned about 491 calories.

So I just returned the 10 Minute Trainer. Those poeple at Beach Body are really nice. They didn't give me a hastle at all with returning it. I decided to get Cathe's XTrain workouts - Chest, Back and Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's and Legs. If my body allows me, I will start lifting 3 days a week again and doing cardio two days a week. I know I have to be careful, but so far so good. I know the signs of when I need to slow down so I think I'll be alright. I'm also going to order the medium tubing for the biceps workout. Looking forward to getting them!!!

Roselyn - Yes, they are from Beach Body. Don't bother, they aren't hard at all.

So I just ordered the entire XTrain set. Why not, it's only $130. Actually, the set was like $119 and the tube was $17 or something like that. Beach Body charged me $107 when all was said and done (for an $80 set). That set looks awesome and I can't wait to start it!!! I hope my body will be ok with it. :eek:

Last edited:
Hello family:)

This morning, I started with a 25 minute slow steady run on my treadmill. Then I did 4DS all upper (too long) Yesterday I did CC Candace. I been working out since Monday :eek::eek::eek:OH me and my puppy (I still call him puppy) went to Forest Hill Park on Monday, we ran 3.5 miles and walked 2 miles.

This morning I started with X10 Tabatacise premix, tabatas 1&2, core 2, 38 minutes, 293 calori. I then did Gym Style back, shoulders, biceps, 50 minutes, 346 calories. I finished off with 15 minutes on the tread climber, 151 calories. Total calories 790, time 1 hr. 42 min..

Teddy, good to have you back :D I guess you missed our shout outs to you awhile back.

Debbie, I am sure you will find X Train well worth the money. Loads of premixes so you can shorten the workouts if you like or mix and match what works for you. I love that set.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.