Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 04/27

SheWolf

Cathlete
Can't believe I am starting this. Where is everyone?

This morning was Chest and it was a bizarre workout. First I felt like I had less strength then by the third exercise Incline Press I had no energy and felt a bit light headed. More or less finished the whole workout in my head. It was completely a mental challenge from that point on.:confused:

4DS through 1st blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

CHEST
Barbell Press:
45# - 8 sets/12-8 reps

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
17's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/11-9 reps

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Kinda lost reps this week in that my high sets were down one, but my low sets either stayed the same or went up 1. :confused: Kept the weights the same. Finished out with the rest of 4 DS HIS and stretch. Workout was 1:02 minutes and burned 483 calories. (disappointed the calorie burn wasn't higher, flet like I was working my butt off.:()

Today I worked Chest and Biceps. I need to double up on body parts this week due to only 4 days of training. Then I'm off a week but I think I'll do cardio because I just don't feel like I need an entire rest week. Then I'm going to write up my own rotation incorporating supersets and drop sets.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on 10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Dropped 5# due to the shoulder. My right shoulder was hurting last week after using 55#.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Again, dropped 5# each dumbbell due to the shoulder.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/10-9 reps

BICEPS
EZ Preacher Curl:
35# - 8 sets/8-7 reps (up 5#)
***These were fun and towards the end got a bit tough.

Hammer Curls:
15's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Reverse Up, Curl Downs:
12's - 8 sets/6 reps

Hammer Curls w/Twist:
12's/15's - 8 sets/8 reps
***This was cool, I alternated weights, used 12's for 1st set, 15's for 2nd set, 12's for 3rd set, etc. Got a great burn.

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
45 minutes in zone
10 minutes above zone
432 calories burned

That is all....

Morning! I did STS Disc 10 today (chest, shoulders and biceps) with stability ball abs. I feel like I do a decent job on most of the ab circuit workouts but the SB one is hard for me. Eh, gotta keep doing it then, I guess. This is my last week in Meso 1 (8 weeks!) and although I have really enjoyed it, I'm ready to move on to the next meso.

Linda: Were you hungry? I woke up starving this morning and probably should have eaten before my workout, but I didn't. It kicked my butt today, too, so I should have listed to my body. Oh well.

Debbie: Any different cardio planned for your rest week? I think I'm ready to get out in this gorgeous weather and do something next week during my rest week.

Have a great day!

Patti - No I wasn't particularly hungry this morning. But I just did the macro calculations for yesterday and while my calories for a rest day were a little low, my carb intake was really low. Only 76 grams! Maybe that was part of my problem.

Last edited:
Linda: Yep, the low carb thing can definitely do that to you!

Here is a solution. :) I had this for breakfast today- better than it sounds, I swear.

Oatmeal Custard

1/2 cup (40g) dry oatmeal
3/4 cup water (or a little less or more, depending on what consistency you want)
¼ cup egg whites
¼ cup (56 grams) fat free cottage cheese
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cook in a large bowl in the microwave for 5-6 minutes. Add 1 scoop of protein powder if desired.

I used 1/2 scoop of Aria protein powder (all I had left) but macros without it are as follows:

245 calories / 39 carbs / 3 fat / 19 protein / 5 fiber

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Just completed chest/shoulders/triceps.

CHEST:
Bench 70# 5/8
Incline DB Press 25's 3/8 (last time felt lighter and this time felt harder again)

SHOULDERS:
Overhead Presses 25's 5 sets 8/8/8/6/6
Lat Raises (isolated) 15's 3/8

TRICEPS
Dips 60# dbs in lap 3/12
Lying Tricep Ext 12's and 15's (mixed it up as 12's feels light now, but 15's still challenge me) so did both and 5 sets of 8's

Now onto ab work and cardio coach.

Morning Maniacs! Workout this last week has been a 4 day weekend of mountain biking in Fruita Co. Had a fantastic time and went on some great killer fun rides. I can't believe the shape I'm in...best ever, but I still want to up it a bit, cuz I'm somewhat of a maniac.:p Yesterday was a rest day and today will be a 25-30 mile maniac road bike ride. I need to get some weight lifting in somewhere today too. Not sure what I want to do yet or if it will even get done:eek:. My whole body is still sore from riding (you can't say mountain biking is not a full-body workout!). My triceps are super sore and my core has been sore for days, especially my left side for some reason, probably from lifting my bike here and there to get over rocks and things.

Anyways, I'm off to read what I missed.

I finished my workout and just found my new Amy dvds on my doorstep :D I can't wait to check them out. Workout today was STS Plyo legs disc 26 and burned 422 calories, I followed this with Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness skipping the upper body segments and using 15# dumbbells for the lower segments and burned 457 calories. I then did Amy's Step Challenge Abs#1 with 15 and 20# kettlebells and the stretch. Total calories burned today was 1027. I really needed that After Shock recovery drink after that workout:D
Plyo legs went like this:
squats 35# dumbbells 12 reps
down up jumps on and off 12# step
front lunge same leg 25# dumbbells 12 each leg
forward backward jumps
side lunge 25# dumbbell 12 reps each side
lateral skates
leg press 35# dumbbells 12# step 12 reps each leg
split jumps 15 reps each
back lunge 35# dumbbells 12 reps each leg
lateral jumps 24 reps
45 degree lunge same leg 25# dumbbells 12 reps each
slow plie jumps 24 reps
deadlifts wide stance 35# dumbbells 12 reps
squats jumps 24 reps
static lunge 35# dumbbells 12 reps each
half turn jumps right side 12# dumbbell 15
one leg sit and stand with gliding disc 25# dumbbell 12 each
plyo jacks 16 reps
plie squats alternating hands 35# dumbbell 12 reps
tuck jumps 21 reps
one leg elevated lunge 25# dumbbells 12 reps
half turn jumps left side 12# dumbbell 15 reps
sit N stands using chair 15# dumbbell 12 each leg
power scissors alternating
sequential lunge into front kick combo 15# dumbbells 12 reps each
slow air jacks

Dallys, sounds like you have been having furn along with tough workouts:D

Linda, I have days like that where I feel like I am working at full capacity and the calorie burn is not there. Not sure why that happens. I checked in late yesterday and never found where anyone had started a check in.

Finished my cardio. Did my own thing and did it like this:

50 mins (first 25 mins 70% max heart rate, 5 mins 90% and last 20 mins at 80%)

Burned 439 cals
Traveled 6.3 mi (higher speeds)
Time: 50 mins

Janie,

About the flowers, I planted zinnias...all kinds..short ones and tall ones and some dahlia's. Love those. I didn't get my garden in. Hubby says next week.

Diane Sue,

Getting dizzy looking at your workout! lol...Way to go.

Linda and Debbie,

Great chest work as usual.

Bionics,

Your on a roll. Love to hear it! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Patti,

Great job!

Hi Everyone!

Quick check in.:D Yes, I have been working out:) I have taken on a new project. I've been looking for a house, imagine that. I never been a home owner. However, Saturday we went looking again and I found the perfect house located in Shaker Hts its' brick and it is 3 unit home and 3 car garage. I love it. The house is so wonderful only thing I have to do is paint and have the hard wood floors redone. Wish me luck :rolleyes: forgot to mention my realtor is coming by tonight, I'll placing my bid I am so freaking excited I can hardly EAT...................

Add.................

I will not be using my 20% off coupon from Cathe, do hafta tell you guys why, huh? As you know it expires 4/30 if anyone want it holler [email protected].

Last edited:
Nice workouts everyone! We are on a roll!!! woohoo!!!

Teddygirl - Congrats, girl! I'm wishing you luck. Shaker Hts. is a nice area. Hope you get your home!

Janie - Need your email address again so I can send you the spreadsheet. Don't have it anymore.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey spinach dip; orange
M5: Turkey patty
M6: Zucchini Lasagna; salad w/lite Northern Italian
M7: Chocolate Protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1593 calories
47 g. fat - 26%
164 g. protein - 41%
132 g. carbs - 33%

Hi there,

My legs are just like rubber. Finished with Disc 23 legs. I have a hard time with legs for some reason. They are tough! But I love that. Love/hate relationship with them. I have one more disc to do before our week rest and then onto Meso 3. Yeah!

Drinking a wonderful homemade protein drink and will be into the hot tub before long.

Have a great day everyone,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Linda, I have know for awhile that the Amy's dvds were supposed to be shipped on the 27th. I read that on her website. Then the other day she said some people may even get theirs on the weekend. Anyway I was surprised when it was already here. I know I had to be one of the first to order. I have been busy packing and cleaning. Wish I had a little more time so I could view them. I may just pop one in tomorrow and do it without previewing:)

Linda, I have know for awhile that the Amy's dvds were supposed to be shipped on the 27th. I read that on her website. Then the other day she said some people may even get theirs on the weekend. Anyway I was surprised when it was already here. I know I had to be one of the first to order. I have been busy packing and cleaning. Wish I had a little more time so I could view them. I may just pop one in tomorrow and do it without previewing:)

Mine were in my mailbox this afternoon! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ah, must go check the mailbox! Maybe my Amy's are here! I was feeling antsy this afternoon so I did some of the drills off of her 10 minute solution bootcamp DVD. It's OK, mostly beginner type stuff, but the cardio segment was great and it had a nice stretch. :D I'll have to do the abs sometime next week, too. Plus, I figure I gotta cut out this extra cardio nonsense in Meso 2, right?? Have to get it out of my system now! (You know I am lying and I will not be able to help myself.)

Hi Teddy! We missed you! Good luck with the house.

Dinner is a really good simple spicy meatloaf. Post it? But of course!!

Spicy Meatloaf

16 oz lean ground turkey (I use Honeysuckle brand ground turkey breast)
3 Tbsp. cornmeal
1/2 c. minced onion
1 medium jalapeno pepper (minced)
2 egg whites (I used 5Tbsp. egg whites)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c salsa (hot or medium)

Mix all ingredients and put in meatloaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake for 20-25 min at 375 degrees.

Entire loaf:
795 calories / 38 carbs / 6 fat / 147 protein / 3 fiber

I will try to remember all of my meals today:D
coffee with fat free creamer pre-workout
1- post workout Myogenics After Shock
2- spinach salad with cucumber, bell pepper and 2 oz tuna Drew's Smoked tomato dressing
3- 3 egg whites mixed with 1 scoop Biochem chocolate protein powder, a little water and 1 Tbs pecans. Microwaved 45 seconds and topped with sugar free blackberry preserves
4- Muscle Milk light bottled protein shake
5- Chicken casserole with atichokes rinsed and drained, zuchinni, olives, tomatoes, onions and garlic and reduced fat feta cheese
6-1/2 apple diced mixed with Twinlab pm protein vanilla protein, 2 egg whites, water cinnamon and microwaves like meal 3
Calories 1483 carbs 127, fat 40, protein 169

Patti, on 10 minute solution Bootcamp, I always up the intensity and keep moving when Amy stops. I also think I usually use heavier dumbbells than she is using. I also do those push ups to planks on my toes instead of knees. It is a nice addition to other workouts and you get a little cardio boost. The Bootcamp cardio segment is pretty good.
I am watching Amys new Kickbox surge and think I am going to need some energy to pull this one off:D

Linda, glad you got your workouts. I think Amy usually just gives information for getting help with order problems.

Trying to get some packing done. We are looking at condos tomorrow morning right after I return from taking the grandchildren to school. Going to really have to push to get that workout done. I may put off STS disc 2 that I was going to do tomorrow since I want to try some of Amy's and won't have time to do both and shower and get out the door at 7.

I am late to the game today, but better late than never :)

I really, really did not have any desire to workout today. Things are going to hell in a handbasket with Mark right now, my throat is sore from allergies, it is mid month for me and ovulating is terribly painful, and therefore, I just wanted to crawl in a hole and eat junk. BUT, I knew how much better I would feel so I ate well througout the day, drank tons of water, came home and kicked butt! It was a strong day for me and I feel like a new person. It was the first disc of Meso 3 and I was able to go right back up to my original deadlift weight and all felt great. I went up on just about everything from what my 1RMs were. Then I did a little ab work just to feel better about it but that area is so icky right now that I didn't do much b/c it would hurt. Looks like eats for the day will be 1616 calories, 38.5% carbs, 34.8% protein, 27.4% fat.

Oh, Diane Sue - I was so excited to check my mail when I read your post and sure enough, I had the discs too! I'm about to check out the kickbox/core one. And boy, do I agree with Char - I got dizzy just reading what you did!

Patti: Thanks for another yummy recipe. Mark and I really like spicy stuff but Halle doesn't. Was it too spicy for your kids?

Dallys: The rides sound great :) I am a bit envious!!

Hi to everyone :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.