Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Wed June 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I did the Gotham Forms Push Aerobic DVD followed by Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness "Quickie Workout". I also did 1/2 hour of advanced yoga last evening. I did Yoga for Your Moods, Advanced Premix for Stress Relief. It was a pretty decent yoga workout. My legs are sore. I did about 5 minutes of pilates abs...but I really need to try to squeeze in a bit more ab work later today.

I didn't have a very good workout. The Gotham Forms DVD was only aerobic for about 15 minutes and then it was core moves and stretches.....so I finally ended up repeating part of the cardio when I realized what was going on. My HR didn't get up that high. I'm going to consider this a rest/recovery workout day and just do a regular workout on Saturday instead of a recovery workout.

I went on Ary's site since I like her style so much. She has a studio Gotham Global Fitness(or something like that) in NYC where she teaches classes that I guess are pretty popular. She had a 40 min "Gotham Box" DVD available on her site and according to a review on VF, it's supposed to be pretty intense with lots of higher impact and quite a cardio workout....so I ordered it ...even though it was rather pricey with shipping. Hopefully it will be a good, different, tough aerobic workout.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work later.

Hi Maniacs!

This morning's workout was Cathe's High Step Challenge, Timesaver premix of 51 minutes. I haven't done a circuit in ages and this one felt good. I went very light on the leg presses and sit and stands at the end. Plan on going out to the woods with DH to walk and let the dogs run some. Today at work we are taking an ex-coworker to lunch (Mexican food). I'll try to be sensible in my food choice.

Lora, thanks for the relaxing yoga suggestion for me. I'll have to go check it out. Sorry your workout wasn't what you were looking for today. What rotation did you decide on? I too need to pick something and stay with it.

Sad day at work yesterday, a supervisor in my Dept. got walked off prison grounds yesterday after a year of investigation. Terminated employment. Apparently, he'd made a threat to someone and they hung him on it. May be more but I'm not aware of the whole story. Threats are not tolerated within the California Dept. of Corrections. I really feel for his family.

Good workouts to all that follow,

Jeanette

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Yesterday I worked out biceps/triceps. Today will be legs and shoulders and abs.

Going on vacation here soon and our hotel does not have a gym and then onto my parents. I am gonna have to figure out something. Hubby swears I need a entire rest week cuz my body just shakes at night. LOL! I don't know if I could rest my body for 1 week...EW! LOL!

Charlotte~~

Wow, I can't believe my bi's are still sore. Its right where the forearm meets the bicep muscle, my right arm is still really sore there.

I worked back anyways and did my pull-ups first. I did a set of 4 the two sets of 3. Wasn't able to increase this week. Then I did Pyramid Back using 20/25/30 for pull-overs and 12/15/20 for Double Arm Rows. Did some freestyle after that, I did Barbell Rows, One Arm Rows, and T-Back Squeeze with the purple band. Got a great back workout!

Then I did IMAX 2 sections #1-#5. I was in my zone for 26 minutes and burned 181 calories.

Charlotte - You probably should take a week off, believe me, it will not hurt you. I take a week off every 4 to 6 months. It does a body good.

Jeanette - sorry to hear about your co-worker, how scary is that?

Hope you all have great workouts. Tomorrow is my very much needed rest day!

Hello All,

Last night I did SJP instead of Step Blast. I did the step/hi/lo portions. I was sweating like crazy again. At first I wasn't sure I picked the right w/o to do, til I started having sweat dripping. Then I knew I did good!
Tonight will be legs my husband is going to put me through another w/o with him!!! This means no being a weenie tonight. :7 It's all good though, I will be ready to go, and if he does lunges tonight, I think I will try some more walking lunges aroung the house!

Lora - Ya never know til you do the tapes if they are gonna be what you're looking for. Doesn't that just bite. I like your review though! I've got to get started on my yoga soon!!!

Netta - Wow your w/o sounds great! Sorry to hear about your co-worker too. Have a nice lunch!

Charlotte - Missed you yesterday! I'm doing legs this afternoon after work, and we're going on vacation to the beach June 22nd. I need to check if our hotel has a weight room in it. I think it should considering the price of it! x( :) It will be fun though, can't wait!

Debbie - My biceps have done that before, and it really does hurt. Hope you recover from that soon, but good for you for doing your back work anyway!

Hello to everyone else out there! Hope you all have/had good w/o's!

Well I just spoke with hubby to go over our vacation plans once again and found out that one of his manager's has become ill and in the hospital so now I don't know if we will go on vacation. Today is my hubby's birthday too so he is really feeling down now. I still think something will work out, that is the way I think because it has before in the past when things like this happen.

Sandy,

I really like walking lunges, it really burns your glutes. I hope your hubby will go hard on you cuz it will be good for you! LOL!
}( :p

Netta,

Hope your day turns out nice. Sorry to hear about your co worker.

Debbie,

My arms hurt in the same place after I did the bicep work from Kickbox. That was weird for me as I haven't felt soreness there like that before. I was hoping biceps would be achy today after I worked them yesterday, but not yet!

Charlotte~~

Hi Ladies,

Today is cardio kicks and core from coremax. Right now I am just wishing it was friday already :) Not in a working mood this week.

Debbie-I looked at your rotation you put up and like the looks of it a lot. Will maybe do it in July. I hope your biceps feel better soon. WHat workouts made them that sore? I love working biceps :)

Lora-I wish I had your budget for excercise dvd's ;)

Sandy-Enjoy your workout with DH.

Netta-That is a shame about your co-worker.

Charlotte-I hope you get to go on your vacation

Susan-I saw you went back to work yesterday. How is that going?

Nicole-I caught the closet cleaning comment:) Now I am motivated to do my office closet.

Dallas-I am hoping stress will go away soon but it never truly goes away does it? :)

Marietta-Any vacation plans for you this summer?

Suz-I am still hoping we can meet up this summer.

Diane Sue-I might try to get the weighted gloves.

Christine-How are you?

I hope I didn't forget anybody but if I did it wasn't on purpose!

Terri

Hi everyone,

I apologize I have to keep this short again. I do read what everyone posts, though.

Last night my fil died. I'm glad I went to visit him last night, even though he didnt know I was there. THe service is Friday.

I didnt feel well this morning. So, instead of the 45 minute run, I did TLT-Endurance for Strength, and then 400 walking lunges with five lb. db's and then another 100 with 12 lb. dbs.

Got to go for now. Have a good day guys!
Susan

Susan C.M.

Good Morning Maniacs!!

I ran on my treadmill this morning...the first run since the half-marathon on Saturday. I ended up doing about 4-miles and then I did the Bonus Butt workout (didn'thave time to do PLB ball work). Since I'm still doing one body part/day, I'll do some chest work at lunch.

Lora - Sorry you didn't have a very good workout...hate when that happens!! I reviewed some of the Double Cardio DVD...looks like it's a good workout...very different from anything I've seen before.

Netta - I read your post from last night...I thought we had this all worked out. Post what you can when you can...no explanations necessary...ok? Have fun at lunch....there are some good choices you can make at mexican resturants...but that are some really bad ones too. If you make a bad choice...just give us 10 extra miles on that bike tonight...(smile). Sorry about co-worker. I know he didn't expect to lose his job, but these days you just cannot risk it.

Toasty - Hope things workout with your vacation and if not, you can do something at another time. You probably shake at night because you are so darn hyper!!

Debbie - Hey! Your bi's...are you sure you didn't pull something? Been sore way too long. Good back workout. I did review/print off your June rotation...I love the way you have the weight work structured. I'm going to be using this!! Good job!!

Sandy - Good workout...that's just the way it's supposed to be!! Have fun with your DH...show him you ain't no punk!!

Hi Terri - I wish it were Friday too!! This had not been a very good week for me mentally. I'll be okay though...As far as vacation...don't have anything planned....who knows.

Susan - Sorry about you FIL...glad you did get to visit him. How is your DH holding up? You and your family will be in my prayers.

Hi to all that follow!!

I'll be back later...

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Charlotte - Sorry about your vacation, but maybe like you said everything will work out for you both. Yeah, about the walking lunges I'm new to them, but can feel them working what other excersises haven't. :)

Terri - I don't have Cardio Kicks, I'm thinking of getting a few more of the older ones, but I'm really wanting to try Turbo Jam Maximun Results. I agree I wish it was Friday too!

Susan C.M. - I'm really sorry to hear about your FIL. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
400 walking lunges *yikes*. How long did it take you to work up to that?

Marietta - I'm gonna have to look back on the June Rotation and see if I can include the bonus butt work in my rotation that I'm currently doing. Wow, great w/o for you this morning! That's right Marietta, I'm no punk!!! Now you've got me pumped...:7

Hi All!!

No workout yet. I was up early, but my throat felt like it was closing up. Scary! I went straight to the primary care. I have pharyngitis. Oh brother. :-( Probably, need to take a rest day. Maybe I'll just do some stretching/yoga. Hopefully, I can get back on track with the rotation tomorrow (cardio kicks and CM). This came out of the blue.

Susan ~ I am so sorry about your FIL. Was he sick before he left? I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Charlotte ~ Sorry about your vacation. What's this about your body shaking at night? Have you ever talked to a doctor?

Marietta ~ Glad to see you're getting back in the groove.

Sandy ~ Way to go with the walking lunges! I know, what is it about them. They work!! I wish I didn't have the dread factor with them though. LOL!

Nicole ~ How's that back? You maniac! The things we do for our kids. :) Thanks for the info about the gloves...again.;-)

Debbie ~ :9 :9 Loved the pancakes. I made them yesterday. I made several little ones because my kids wanted some. They didn't like them. ha ha! Maybe they'll come around. ;-)

Netta ~ That IS a shame about your co-worker. Do you have any long rides planned this weekend?

Terri ~ Sorry you're in a funk. Maybe take a "small" rest day. ;-) I know you don't like to take them.

Diane Sue ~ Woo Hoo! I read what Marietta said yesterday...she's right!! Thanks for the Rodney Yee suggestion. I keep my eyes open for it.

Hi to everyone else! Have a good day!

Dallas
http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxfan

Charlotte - Sorry to hear about your vacation. But my thinking is like yours, it will work out!

Terri - I did a bunch of different stuff for bi's the other day, freestyle stuff. I think it was the reverse curls and all the hammer curls I did.

Susan CM - So sorry about your FIL. I'm glad you were able to see him one last time. Hugs to you and your family.

Marietta - I don't think I pulled a muscle, I've had this type of soreness before and it lasts a long time. It almost seems like its getting tighter as the day is progressing. Not liking that too much.

Dallas - Try adding 1 tsp. of vanilla extract to the pancakes. I've been doing that this week and its really good!

Good afternoon,
This morning I did Hard Core Extreme cardio & leg conditioning drills, then I did SJP weights add on premix, and Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt. Tomorrow will be a treadmill workout and ab/core and yoga.

Charlotte, I have went on vacation and took acomplete rest. It really doesn't hurt:) When I have worked out I just did it in the hotel room with tubing and dvd's when possible. Once I even deflated my stability ball and took it with me. I hope things work out for your vacation.

Netta, enjoy the mexican food and time with your co-worker.

Sandy, it sounds like you are getting in another great workout today. I am sure you will impress your dh with what you can do.

Susan, I am sorry to hear about your FIL. Your family will be in my prayers.

Dallas, I am sorry you are feeling bad. I hope you feel much better tomorrow and can get in your workout.

Nicole, I like to do the TJ Fat blaster and the CPremix together, if I omit one stretch and one w/u it is not to long of a workoutI think less than an hour.

Hi, Marietta, Lora, Christine, Suz,& Terri
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hey I posted this today on yesterdays thread???

In response to Reply # 24
Wed Jun-07-06 05:16 PM by NicoleP

Hey Everyone,
Well just going to get lunch for the kids and then we are going to the batting cages again. The boys each have a game tonight at the same time

Not sure what workout I am going to do today???

Susan so sorry to hear the passing of your FIL!! I know this must be really hard on your dh. I will keep you all in my prayers!!

Terri I am still working on the bathroom getting rid of junk... Can't believe all the stuff I have amassed??? Feels good clearing it out though. I am going to keep working on projects like this all summer. So PLEASE feel free to join me Btw Terri I think you would really like the weighted gloves!!

Diane Sue I did Cardio party remix yesterday along with booty sculpt and I agree!! I really like the last part of cpr.....If only I could more of the moves imbetween LOL.... Oh well that was the first time so I know next time will be better!!

Netta wish I could go out to lunch with you!! I LOVE mexican!!

Debbie my friend has a pull up bar and I could only do one So my hat is off to ya!!

Sandy that is so nice you can workout with your dh!! Have a good workout tonight!! YOu show him how its done haha

Charlotte so sorry to hear your vacation plans don't seem to be working out! wish you Dh a Happy Birthday from us Maniacs!! That ought to cheer him up LOL

Dallas my back is feeling a little bit better but since I am still pitching fast balls to them......it is still sore. I need to really work on pitching left handed.....LOL so then I could get the left side of my back Did ya see I am dejunking

Well gotta go Hello to everyone else

~Nicole

POSTED This afternoon!!

Diane Sue I will have to do those 2 together like that!! I really enjoy moving to the BEAT of the TJ's:7

Hello Again...

Kinda quiet around here today isn't it?

You won't believe what I did....I ran again at lunch! I felt okay...but boy was it hot!! They told me we were going short...they lied!! No running for me tomorrow...that's for sure!

I threw in a few chest exercises after the run also....

Nicole - I saw that you posted on the wrong day...we forgive you. Have fun at the games...guess you'll have to go back and forth between the two games...huh?

Christine - I know you're busy running right now...guess I wouldn't want to check in two places either...Drop in sometimes...ok? Oh...I read about your DD...how awesome...you should be very, very proud!!

Suz - I think you're out of town or something right?

Dallas - What is pharyngitis and how do you get it? You like to keep us up to speed on medical issues don't you (smile)? Hope you feel better. A light or total rest day will certainly do you some good.

Have a great evening!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Ugh.....what a day and I've got a horrid headache.

Charlotte - I've been meaning to mention. You might want to go to the doctor. Is it just your legs that shake at night? If so, you could have Restless Leg Syndrome which causes your legs to shake uncontrollably at night. It is a neurological disease and you can be placed on medication for it. I'm just sayin''''''........not tellin' you to go to the doctor or anything. Lord knows how I hate doctors.

Netta - still no decision on a rotation. I'll eventually make my way to the Fat Loss & Definition or Hardcore one...or P90. Decisions are not my strong suit.

Susan - sorry to hear about your FIL.

Marietta - Let me know what you think of the Double CArdio DVD?

Terri - the only reason I've been able to buy so many DVDs is cuz I've been selling stuff on E-bay lately. I still sell a little each week but not as much as I used to.

I'm really tired and I should probably go work my abs a bit.

I was just looking at Cardio Coach and saw that they had a lower quality Sean Cardio Coach #6 demo free download. I am going to do that one tomorrow. The idea of one of the challenges being 21 minutes is kind of scary:). have a great evening.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hi everyone!

Late as usual getting on here. DH and I took a trip out to the woods to scope out an area near a meadow that we like to camp at for 4th of July. It's still kind of wet around there, lots of mosquitos but in another month it should be okay. Our dogs had a great time running around and we did a little walking up to a pond on the hill. Anyway, I'm back but it's time for bed.

Turns out we didn't go out for lunch today as the guest of honor had to make a unexpected trip down to San Francisco to get her in-laws into an assisted living facility. Will reschedule the Mexican food lunch for next week.

Susan CM, so sad to hear of the loss of your FIL. I hope your husband is taking it okay. Was it sudden?

Marietta, didn't get to tell you but way to go on your 1/2 marathon!!! You rock!! Much harder than bike riding, I know. Will you try for a marathon?

Nicole, good for you for cleaning up the clutter. Sometimes I just have to roll the dumpster into the garage and start tossing. I'm not near the packrat that my DH is, only his stuff is much bigger, treasures like running gear from pickups, transmissions, fenders, sheesh! Guess they are priceless to him.

Diane Sue, again, your workouts are so creative. Love the way you put them together. How was your camping trip?

Charlotte, have you figured something out for a vacation? I know you're a pretty determined gal, bet it'll happen soon.

Lora, you sound like me, eventually making your way towards a rotation. Hope the headache went away. I gave someone else the tip you had on hanging your head over the edge of the bed to stretch the neck (traction). He appreciated it and will try it.

Debbie, I'll have to look up the pancake recipe as I hear lots of raves about it. How's your bicep? You're making me think about doing Imax2 1-5 tomorrow morning.

Sandy, you work out with your DH also? Does he figure out the workouts for you? I do my own thing in the mornings, but help or work out on the Bowflex at night with my DH. It's great! He just does whatever I tell him (for once).

Terri, hope you are feeling like working out again. I've had the blahs before. Sometimes I just do yoga or something a lot easier and try to ride my bike at night hoping the mood will pass. Maybe tomorrow will be better!

Must get to bed as tomorrow I have to be at work at 6 a.m., get off at 4 p.m. to do my ladies night bike ride. However, everyone has stuff going tomorrow so I'll be solo. I'm going to try to do a tough hill climb.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.