Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Wed June 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did about 35 minutes of Seasun's Straight Up Step followed by Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power. I kept my HR a bit lower today 70-80% of max. I was feeling a little lethargic and stiff anyway.

This Baron Baptiste DVD just doesn't click with me. I remember not caring for it last time I did it, but I gave it another chance. For some reason, it doesn't leave you feeling as good as Eion's 1/2 hour practice. My hamstrings are still tight and so are my hips. I wish I had some time to stretch or do yoga tonight, but I'm getting my hair cut after work and won't be home until late. I think the older you get, the more you need to stretch. I'm really starting to notice that a LOT lately. I was also supposed to do pilates for my abs, but forgot and was already getting ready for work when I remembered (again ..getting old).

Marietta - you asked what was causing my depression...I think it's a combo of my disease (always causes it), hormones and things have been really rough at work the last 2 weeks, as well as the few health concerns I've been having recently along with a constant migraine that comes with TTOTM. All of these health concerns coming up scares me cuz it reminds me that I'm not getting any younger. I watched my father suffer and die (a slow painful death) at the young age of 56. He had a rectal tumor attached to his spinal cord and was terminal from day 1 (no lasers back in the 70's). The cancer spread through him over a 1.5 year period. He went from 180 pounds to 70-80 pounds before he died. He had a strong heart...so he didn't die quickly. Sorry for rambling....I guess I'm just a bit emotional lately.

Diana Sue - I'm pretty sure you can skip thru the exercises on the Jari Love's. I think I have before, but really can't remember for sure. I either do that or jog in between. I'm used to doing that cuz I never like to take breaks and Tony takes breaks in his workouts to when I do Beach Body. You never bought the Power Half Hour DVDs, did you? I've been thinking about working them into my rotation.

Have great workouts everyone and hello to everyone. I'll try to check in from work. I should be able to cuz my boss is supposed to be off today...but we're not sure if she's just telling us that and then will show up (she's done that before).

Hi Hardcore maniacs!

Today was CTX Leaner Legs and then some floorwork from GS Legs. I went light on the weights. My, my, I haven't done a formal leg workout in some time. This should be good for me and if I stay light on the leg weights, shouldn't affect my cycling too much.

Yesterday's bike time trial was good. It was VERY windy, but a handful of us showed up and rode anyway. My time was over 2 minutes slower than last time, but the wind makes a huge difference. I felt really good though and was pleased that I had recovered from the 63 mile bike ride on Sunday.

Today after work, DH and I will go sight in our black powder (muzzle loader) guns. Should be fun. I reminded him to bring home some earplugs for me.

Lora, I agree about the older you get, more stretching needed. I think it will be a little while before I have time to squeeze in some yoga but I'm doing Cathe's stretches after the workouts. The stretch in GS Legs has pigeon which I like. Hope your day goes well today at work. Enjoy a reprieve from your boss.

I'll try to check back later.

Jeanett :7

Morning Maniacs!

This morning I finished off the total body workout I tried to do but instead of doing what the workout called for I did Cathe's Muscle Max. Wow, what a great workout I had! I upped my weights a few of the exercises, like for instance squats I used 45 lbs. instead of 40, not big increase there but if sure felt like it. For Barbell Rows I usually do 35 lbs, this morning I did 45 lbs. and boy did I feel it. Triceps I went from 20 lbs to 25 lbs. for the overhead press/tricep dips superset, that almost seemed easy. And did the bicep work with 40 lbs. again and that feels like its getting easy for me.

Skipped the abs because I ran out of time. Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning Ladies!

Last night I did Cardio and Weights, as you can see didn't make it to the y last night, I'm going tonight after work! Got a dental cleaning at 3:30 then run some errands then to the Y and I'm gonna do legs, they have more equipment than I do at home, so I'm kind of excited...did I say I was excited about working legs??? I must be out of my mind. :)

I do miss Toasty, I'm anxious to see how she's doing!

Lora - I hope you start feeling better soon, I'm sorry to hear what you father had to go through, along with the family! Hope your day at work is nice and relaxing!

Netta - That's a lot of miles you're putting on your bike! How long does it take to ride that many miles! Good for you!!!

Debbie - I can barely lift 20lbs for biceps, no wonder I'm not seeing results, and my tri's forget it, I am lucky to lift 10lbs with those, I've got to do some serious increase...but it will be gradual! I've got to get my upper body in shape and now I know how! Lift heavy! }( :)

Hi to everyone else and I'll be back a little later!!!

Debbie, glad you enjoyed Muscle Max. I really like that workout and hadn't done anything from it until the rotation I'm on now. I love mixing and matching and glad you do that well in your rotations!

Sandy, enjoy your leg workout! Today was the first time in a long time that I'd done one. I need to do more. When we rode the 63 miles on Sunday, it was just under 4 hours. That was a fairly easy pace that day so probably could have done it in 3 1/2 hours. Yesterday's windy time trial of 12 miles was done in 39 minutes. Time just depends on wind, hills, company you are riding with. Cycling is time consuming, but easy on the body impact wise and great cardio. A big plus is that it's huge fun for me.

Jeanette

Hi Ladies -

Yay...the boss was here and left.

Sandy - I don't think I'll ever be able to lift real heavy due to my injury. I can go heavier on my lats and chest, but still have to be careful. Recently, my shoulders and biceps have been getting stronger...but I don't ever think I'll be able to lift as heavy as a normal person. I would assume your cervical stenosis would create the same problem, would it not?

Morning Ladies!

Today, I deviated from the rotation just because I needed some yoga. ;-) I even did 80 minutes of it. Lora, I did Eoin's yoga DVD where they're on the beach. The audio is not great in that DVD or maybe he just has a soft voice. A few times while in a pose I had to look up at the TV. The practice flew by! :) It's just what I needed today. I then did PUB abs (since I didn't get to that yesterday) and KPC abs. Later, I'd like to get to KPC (minus abs). I'm not sure about that though....it's girl's night out!!! We're going to see Madonna. I heard the concert is controversial....hmmm. I wonder what she has planned???

Yippee, I got out of jury duty for tomorrow!!! :7 They said that they'll summons me again in 11 weeks. Hopefully, they will skip me because that's when the kids go back to school.

Lora ~ Hope you have a good day at work with your boss not there!;-)

Debbie ~ Glad you had a good workout! I really like MM. I just have to be in the right mindset for that one.

Netta ~ Way to go on your ride and LL w/GSL floor! Wow!

Sandy ~ Enjoy the Y and your leg workout!

Hi to all who follow! We started swim lessons and tutoring this week, so we leave the house in the AM and don't get back until the afternoon. Summer fun! :7

Dallas

Good Morning Manaics!

This morning I did a KPC premix and then some back work. I'll be running at lunch.

Looks like everyone is really busy but at the same time having awesome workouts! Keep it up...

I'll check back later...

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hey Everyone,
Today I don't know what I am doing??? I guess where ever my mood swings:D I am thinking my whole summer is going to be this way, but hey we are having FUN so that is ok with me!! Yesterday I did super charged sculpting. I really like how she has you climb on the step with wide stance.

Dallas that will be a interesting concert!! Let us know everything when you get back!! Hope you have a GREAT time!!

Gotta go!!

~Nicole

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created2/114997884470693.gif[/IMG:D

Good to see you Nicole! I try to make sure I have FUN when I workout too! I just make sure I *get it all in*! haha I've really hurt my knees so I just do what I can right now.

Dallas, I have "Hey Mr. DJ" on right now! hahaha I like Madonna too. Do you have good seats? I think I heard she starts the concert on something that looks like she's hanging from a cross. You'll have a blast.

Susan C.M.

Susan I am sorry I missed it!! How did you hurt your knee's?? I hope they heal quickly because I know how it is driving you nuts....... not to do those 1000 walking lunges][/URL]:7

Now you have that song going on in my head......Hey Mr DJ!! Dallas think of us when she sings it LOL....

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created2/114997884470693.gif[/IMG]

Good morning ladies!

This morning I rode with a girlfriend. We both leave our houses at 5:45 and meet "in the middle" and then head out for our ride. I met her 4 miles into my ride. I rode 26.5 miles. It wasn't windy AT ALL! Hooray!!! It is now though. :( Netta - you're right about the wind making a huge difference. Your 65 mile ride took the same time as my 50 mile ride on Saturday due to the 22 mph winds. Crazy, huh?

Lora - I'm sorry about your depression. You're due for some happy times ahead!

Debbie - you're an animal! :)

Sandy - you're doing so well. You just don't miss a workout. Good for you!

Dallas - good job on the yoga. I haven't had time to fit it in lately and I think I need it. I'm starting to worry with all this talk about tightened leg muscles as we get older (I'm 43). I don't want that!

Marietta - I hope you have a good run.

Nicole - I never follow rotations. In the winter when I'm not cycling I just try to do 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio and as it gets closer to my February Mexico trip I add in more days of cardio with the weights. Even now - today was supposed to be a weight day but my girlfriend wanted to ride, so off I went. :)

Susan - what happened to your knees? You poor thing!

Back to work for me! It's getting close to our kids camp next week and I have a TON of stuff to do that has nothing to do with the camp. I LOVE my assistant at the moment. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good afternoon,
This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party remix no str., Cardio Party 3 cardio only, Jari Love's get ripped slim & lean, and Turbo Jam Lower body no w/up. I didn't realize at first when Jari used 20 # it was 20# total. I used 20# in each hand on the squats. I did keep the weights heavier than they used except the rotator cuff exercises. It was a good workout, there was nothing new in it. A lot of the music is on Cathe's workouts. It was definitely not an up beat workout. I am sure I will feel it all the same.

Lora, Slim & Lean does skip forward through the workout. It also has a page where you can just chose a particular exercise to do. The only Power Half Hour I have is the ab burner one. Glad your boss left:)

Dallas, enjoy the Madonna concert. It will be interesting to hear how it is. I have felt the need for more yoga and stretching lately too.

Susan take care of the knees

Suz, I have had so many interruptions lately doing my workouts and typing my responses. One thing when I stop and come back my post shrinks and is not so long winded:)

Nicole, I have had a basic idea of what I want to do, but have been kind of moody so it sometimes changes at the last minute. Even to the point of loading a dvd and then taking it back out 5 minutes into it. Still getting good workouts in though.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Diana Sue - That's how I feel about Jari's stuff....not upbeat. They're so serious....especially after doing TurboJam. I do like playing my own music though cuz they're easy to follow.

Where is everyone today? I just came back from my haircut. Someone new did it cuz my usual person quit. I told her to cut off the bad ends and I wasn't real specific, and she chopped it. It's way too short. I feel even worse cuz when I walked in the house my husband said ...what did you do to your hair? I hate short hair. Why did you get it all chopped off. I feel like crying!

Wow...quiet today.

What are you maniacs up to today....I went for a 6-mile run a lunch now my legs are paying the price. I worked them pretty hard yesterday...so I guess they are due for a rest.

I hope you guys have a wonderful evening!!

ETA...

Lora...we were posting at the same time. I'm really sorry about your hair cut...you really didn't need this right now with the way you are feeling. I can relate because I HATE when my hair isn't done the way I like it. About the only thing I can suggest is that you "embrace" the thought that your hair will grow back...and here's a big ((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))!!!

It looks like everyone has a busy evening. We just made a new addition to our household. We purchased a 12 week old Harlequin Great Dane puppy. Her name is Jasmine. I went out and bought her a load of stuff. She is so adorable. So far she has not paid much attention to the bunny who we have kept on the other side of the gate in between rooms. I hope they can become good friends. Lets see I think Netta was sighting black powder guns after work and Dallas was seeing Madonna, I am not sure where everyone else is. I am really feeling my ab workout from yesterday. I hardly ever get sore abs:)

Marietta, it sounds like you put in a good run.

Lora, I am sorry you got a bad haircut. It happens to all of us. I am sure you did not need that right now. It does grow back and you may find it fixes well after you get used to it. I hate when others have to make there unthinking comments when something like that happens.

Off to do some puppy bonding, I think, alls she wants to do is sleep.

Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Lora - I'm so sorry about your haircut. I have curly hair so I've had MANY nightmare haircuts! About 7 months ago I had a gal who didn't listen to me and chopped mine. Really torked me off! Try to have fun with it. I always want to cut mine short then I chicken out. So enjoy it for me! :)

Marietta - way to fry your legs! I'm glad you got a good run in.

Diane Sue - a new puppy??? Wow! How fun. They're so cute and so much work. It's a good thing they're cute! I feel sleep deprived for the first couple of months with a puppy. And right now I'm still having to get up at 4:40 am when the daylight starts because one of our dogs wakes up for her "gopher hunt" in the backyard and she wakes up Gizmo who then needs to go outside. And he won't go downstairs if I don't go with him. He'll do his "business" on our deck. So of course once I'm out of bed it's tough to go back to sleep for 45 minutes or so until I have to get up anyway. Are you going to post pics on your website? I'm sure we'd all love to see them!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Diane Sue - cool about the puppy! Have fun! I hope it doesn't chew up all your clothes and shoes. I had a Rottweiler once and he always found MY stuff to eat! Drove me nuts!!!

Lora - sorry to hear about your hair, that sucks. But I love short hair as you can tell! I'm sure it looks cute!

Hi all,
Sounds like everyone is busy with good workouts and other chores and stuff. I had to take my car in the other day cuz the gauges would go wacko while I was driving, like to speedometer, no gas gauge, no oil pressure, then it would come back on. I was hoping it was a relay or sending unit or something. They called and told me the "cluster" was shorted out and I needed a new instrument cluster. So $1389 later. I picked up the car today before DH and I went out to sight in our rifles. Only took me 4 shots. Was fun and then it started raining so we quit and went home.

Tomorrow is ladies bike ride after work. Looking forward to it.

Dallas, enjoy the concert!!! I'm envious you got some yoga in. Hope to get some in on Friday (my day off), along with my regularly scheduled program :) .

Marietta, a 6 mile run!!! And on your lunch hour!!! What do you do for a living? I don't get a lunch hour. I work a straight 10 hours and eat at my desk.

Nicole, super charged sculpting? What is it? Sounds like summer is fun for you. It would be for me if I wasn't at work, but then guess I'm fortunate to have a job.

Susan CM, what happened with your knees? Hope they heal quickly.

Suz, glad you had a good windless ride this morning. Wish I had time to do that in the morning, but no...

Wow, Diane Sue! 20# in each hand for quats. Today in my Leaner Legs, I used 8#. What a wimp I am. Please post pictures of your puppy soon, okay? I have a few friends that have Danes.

Lora, sorry about your haircut. I have short hair and love it. I have it cut every 6 weeks and it's pretty healthy. Long hair brings me down cuz it would be too heavy on me. Hopefully, you'll be able to work with it while it's growing out. Sorry your DH didn't like it.

Must go,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.