HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES TGIF

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES

Yesterday was cardio and I chose Shock Cardio HIIT 40/20. Not only was it tough on the cardiovascular system, but my friggin' quads were shaking and I didn't even use as high a step as they did. Today is a rest day but I may switch and do weights and take tomorrow off....not sure yet.

TTYL
Theresa

Theresa - 40/20 is a killer for sure! Nice job!

Today was suppose to be P90x Legs & Back, but I need a change, so I choose Butts & Guts. I only did the standing leg work because by the time I was done that I could tell it was more than enough. I will be lucky if I can walk later or tomorrow!:eek: I stuck with 5's & 35# barbell like Cathe, only change I made was I did one legged deadlifts where Cathe did traditional, repeating the segment for the other leg. Then I finished with the ab section and stretch.

Today was the workout I did last Friday only in superset format. Had an excellent workout. Was full of energy this morning. I think I even see some definition in my abs this morning. :eek:

Each superset was 2 sets/15 reps each with a 2 minute rest between each superset.

SS #1
Weight Bench Tricep Dips - 60# (up 5#)
ss w/
Barbell Shrugs - 100# (up 5#)
***Good superset. My triceps are still very sore from Wednesday's workout so the first set of dips was a killer. Shrugs felt great, I love that exercise.

SS #2
Leg Extensions - 80# (up 5#)
ss w/
Lateral Raise - 12's (up 2#)
***Kind of a boring superset but really felt the leg extensions. Went really slow with the downward movement.

SS #3
Bent-Over Flyes - 17's (up 2#)
ss w/
Decline Flyes - 22's (stayed the same)
***Kept 22's for my flyes because this exercise irritated my right shoulder last week. It feels good today, though.

ABS
Oxygen Triset Ab Workout:
Hanging Knee Raise
Bench V-ups
Reverse Bench Crunch

***Did all exercises in a row with 15 reps, 1 minute rest, 12 reps, 1 minute rest, 10 reps, 1 minute rest. Love this tri-set workout. I always feel it.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to grocery shop....

Theresa - Nice workout girl!!! Hey, be careful with Yaz. There are tons a lawsuits against the FDA right now about the drug. It's doing bad things to women. Maybe google some of the problems?

Linda - Ok, I didn't think you were serious about the exercise. LMAO! That is just scary!!! Nice job on B&G. I haven't done that in forever. I'm sure it would cripple me! LOL!

Hi to everyone to check in!

Last edited:
This morning I did STS HiiT 30/30 28 minutes and burned 231 calories Max HR was 167, then I did HiiT 40/20 30 minutes and burned 294 calories Max HR was 294 calories. I did an extra 5 minutes of w/up and some foam roller before I started 30 calories. My legs were tight. I hae domes in my glutes and hamstrings from yesterdays Rachel workout. Total calories burned this morning was 555 and workout was 63 minutes. I lowered the step on the jumps on and off the step. I feel some doms from yesterday's Rachel Cosgroves workout. My glutes and hamstrings are sore. I think the bulgarian split squats were hard on my knees:confused: Might hae to come up with something else.

Theresa, 40/20 is tough. I lowered the step some too when they raised the height. I think last time I did that one I also lowered from 8 to 6 inch for the rest of it. Hope I don't pay for that.

Linda, it has been so long since I have done B&G that I hardly remember the exercises on it.

Hey maniacs! Happy Friday! ....and we have a 3 day weekend! Whoo Hoo! Workouts are going great! I really like the back/bi/abs workout Olesya designed. I did that yesterday and had a killer workout!

Rocked my pull-ups 4 x 10
Standing Cable Rows...190# (up 10)
T-Bar Rows (on machine) 65#
1 Arm Cable Rows...95# (up 10)....I love this exercise!
21's....I did all 3 sets at 45# bb...killer! LOVE the pump I get from this!
1 Arm Preacher Curls....Olesya kept this in my program from last time but changed reps from 6 to 14!!!!! I felt strong doing them with 30# but now I'm down to 20#....especially after 21's! :eek:

Linda....I love B & G. No matter how much I think I have progressed with legs every time I do that workout it burns! I love firewalkers!

Okay from the sound of things it seems like Cathe's new cardio series is pretty intense!

Just gotta say I read this thread for motivation. You guys ROCK....day after day...week after week... Keep up the good work.:D

Hello! TGIF, indeed. And Monday off, too boot! Yesssss! Lots of stuff to do, though. Today's workout was yoga class, and hour and a half. I'm going to get my mom a yoga vid as part of her bday prezzie, and while doing so, I believe I shall order one for myself, too! I'm going to get one of Cathe's new cardios, I think the circuit one, but maybe the circuit/abs one....yay!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.