Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/15

Today was supersetting Back and Biceps. Had a great workout. So much so that I ended up adding in one more superset.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

BACK/BICEPS
SS #1
Unassisted Chinups: 10/6/6
superset w/
Barbell Preacher Curls: 55# 8/8/8
***Good superset. First set of chins felt great. I felt like I could go forever until I hit rep 9. LOL!

SS #2
Standing Rows: 10# vest - 12/12/12
superset w/
Hammer Curls: 20's - 10/10/10
***Good superset. Standing rows work the biceps as well so they were already tired from them when I hit the HC.

SS #3
Underhand Barbell Rows: 50# - 12/12/12
superset w/
Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 12/12/12
***Again, underhand rows work the biceps. They were already fatigued by the time I got to DC.

SS #4
Dumbbell Pullovers: 40# - 12/12/12
superset w/
Alternate Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15's - 12; 17's - 12/12
***15's were too light. Should have went with 20's because 17's were too light too.

That is all.....

We got a kitten this weekend. He is so cute. He's grey w/striped white and very loving. We name him Nuke because his stinkies can clear a room. LMAO!!! He is still very skiddish but getting use to us. It's been about 15 years since I've had a cat. I love it!

Debbie: Way cute about the kitten! How fun.

I did Plyo Legs Disc #35 this morning- loved it! I am liking this June rotation SO much. BBL.

Morning wonderful ladies..
Just checking in. I am doing 'STS Meso 2 right now.
I am on disk i think 1 4 legs..
This 60 sec rest i am not liking..
I fast tracked it throught the chest and flys since i can't lift them heavy, but even the tri and shoulders i could have gone less rest and i was working to failure..
Oh well.
Headin down. to burn some fat off this arse..
I bought the chalene extreme. Got it on e-bay for like 35 bucks so i can't go worong.
Any input on it??
Likes dislikes..

Morning!

Debbie - I love kitties - what a great name! I found two tiny, tiny kittens a few weeks ago and my friend took them in. They are so funny to watch and they are growing like weeds. Nice workout too - very nice.

Patti - I have yet to do the Plyo workouts. Are they hard on your joints, especially knees? That's why I haven't done them - that fear has kept me away :)

Anne - I have a copy of the Chalene b/c the same friend who took the kittens ordered it and it took about 5 tries to get a decent set but you have to give it to Beachbody - great customer service. They did not quit until she got a good set. It was frustrating though. Anyway, I kept a set of the discs and tried one. Who knows if the others even work or not but one day, I may try. The first one was ok. I know people rave about it and parts I really liked, and I may like the other phases better, but this particular one combined some moves that I needed much heavier for legs but then you worked shoulders (I think) and no way could I pop 30lbs or whatever up for shoulder work so I had to wimp on the legs to do the shoulders and ended up feeling like it was wasted time. She talks a lot but I could tune that out. I think if I modified some moves and split them apart, it would be better. I'm all for compound moves when it makes sense though.

Yesterday, I had a 16 mile ride. It was sooooo hot and I paid the price later with a splitting headache that is still lingering this AM but it will go away. I had nice speeds and felt great while I was out there - drank water before, took water with Xtend in it on the ride, and drank more as soon as I got back and took a cool shower. Felt great until a few hours later. Lying out on the beach did not help matters, I am sure - nor did the Absolute Pear and soda I had while lying there :p.

Happy Monday - I plan on riding again but later in the day. I also brought Body Strikes - it came right before I left - and I got her abs and pushups. I may wait until I get home though for those due to the layout of the place here.

Debbie - Your kitten sounds adorable! I love pets!

Shana
- You're working out on vacation? You go!

Saturday was Arm day, then it it was off to Philadelphia for a wedding.

4 DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

Completely forgot to do warmup sets. :rolleyes:

1 Pyramid Set, Rep Pattern 6, 10, 15, 6 to failure(at this point you return to the original weight you started with)

Barbell Curls
60# - 6
55# - 10
50# - 15
60# -6
***Upped all sets by 5#
superset w/
Lying Extensions
47# - 6
42# - 10
37# - 15
47# - 9
***Upped all sets by 5#

Shoulder tri-set 1 rep of each exercise without rest until failure on each exercise.

Front Raise
35#-8
Upright Row
35# - 12
Overhead Press
35# - 16
***Upped the weight by 5# but think my forearms failed before my shoulders.:confused:

This is my fifth and finally week of HIT Training. Next week I have a busy schedule with Vacation Bible School at my church, so I will go day by day then start a rotation the week after that. Thinking I might actually do 4 DS for the first time next week.:p

4 DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise, doing one side at a time. (so everything on the right, then everything on the left, repeat)

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm Kickback - 8#
One Arm Row - 20#
One Arm Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm DB Curl - 10#
One Arm Overhead Press - 10#
One Arm Floor Chest Press - 20#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, everything on one side.

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***Upped sets 4# through 1#
O
ne Arm Kickbacks
- 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***Kept the weight the same as last week.
One Arm Row - 55,50,45,40,35,30 #
***Kept the weight the same as last week.
One Arm Lat Raise - 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***Upped sets 4# through 1#
One Arm Concentration DB Curl - 35,30,25,20,15,10 #
***Upped first few sets by 4# and last sets by only 1 to 2 #, did use a two finger assist on the early sets
One Arm Overhead Press - 30,25,20,15,12,10 #
***Kept weight the same
One Arm Chest Press - 41,36,31,25,20,15 #
***Kept weight the same on first three sets but dropped the the last three by 1# but finished all 20 reps on last set this time.

I just did a couple of stretches on my own. Workout was 1:23 and burned 530 calories.

Last edited:
Shana - Nice going with the bike ride but sorry about the headache. Take it easy in that heat. Drink LOTS of water. Kudos for working out on vacation!

Linda - Excellent workout. Are there any rest time between the pyramids? I'm thinking not. This rotation has got to be brutal. You kicked ass with it. Also, any good results with it?

This morning I did 4Day Split Double cardio premix then the back and biceps premix. I followed this with 4DSplit LIS abs using 15# then I did 10 minute solution tone trouble zones with Amy Bento arms and shoulders, abs and stretch using my purple band. Total calories burned today waas 772. I thought I would use premixes and do 4DSplit as a 3 day workout then the end of the week hit a total body workout. I will be busy Thurs and Fri. Then not sure about next week because a week from Friday we should be closing on our house and moving in. I will just kind of pick and choose what I think I can get in.

Debbie, I am sure you will enjoy the new kitten:)

Anne, that is a great deal for Chalene Extreme. I would like to have it but don't really want to pay the price Beachbody has it for. I use those rests on Mesocycle 2 to do things like jogging in place and jumprope without the rope unless I have to go chane up a piece of equipment.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/1 thin slice provolone & avacado
M5: 1/2 LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. low sugar grape jam
M6: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1551 calories
58 g. fat - 34%
135 g. protein - 35%
129 g. carbs - 33%

Linda - Excellent workout. Are there any rest time between the pyramids? I'm thinking not. This rotation has got to be brutal. You kicked ass with it. Also, any good results with it?

Debbie - Nope, no rest between pyramids. Hate to see how long it would take me if there were! LOL! It is a tough rotation, much like tabata, where it gets very mental at times. I gotten some really good results, really liking how my arms are looking these days, especially if I lean them out a bit. Also great strength gains especially in my shoulders, especially in the rear delt flye. Never thought I would do 25# on that exercise.:eek: And it helped to balance my left side to my right.

would you ladies mind if I join your group?

Hello,
I have checked out your posts for awhile, and would like to know if I could join your group. I am trying to work off the last 20 pounds, and they are stubborn. I think being accountable to my workout plan and nutrition will help me immensely. I'll check back later to see if it's ok.
theresa

Hi Theresa - As long as you are a Hardcore Maniac, I see no problems - your avatar has me sold :)

Debbie and Linda - the riding here is amazing. I was just dumb to do it in the heat of the day but at least I am used to the heat. Today, I am going when it cools off though.

Anybody try Xtend? It is pretty good stuff.

Shana: I've heard of Xtend but never tried it- what's the deal with it? As for Plyo Legs, if you are wary of impact then it isn't for you. But I like the way she alternates a weighted exercise with a plyo exercise, so it isn't just plyo. You could always do two in a row and skip the plyo exercises. :p And you MUST be a maniac to consider workout DVDs on vacation. :)

Theresa: Welcome! If you like working out and pushing yourself, this is a great group. :)

Diane Sue: I always love reading your workouts- so creative the way you put it all together.

Linda: Woo hoo on almost finishing this rotation! How are the eats? Mine have been good- I'm happy. I HAVE to focus so I don't look like a bloated animal at the RT. :eek:

I just did the floor work from GS Legs once the kids went to bed. So yeah, legs are fried after plyo this morning. It feels great. :D

Linda: Woo hoo on almost finishing this rotation! How are the eats? Mine have been good- I'm happy. I HAVE to focus so I don't look like a bloated animal at the RT. :eek:

Patti - :eek::eek:I am embarassed to admit that the eats have not been so good. While I have managed to stay away from junk, eats have been carb heavy. I.E., I managed to polish off an entire box of Kashi granola bars from Thursday to Sunday.:eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:. Thanks for asking, I am trying to get serious here. Why oh why do I keep sabotaging myself?

Theresa
- Anyone that likes to workout hard is welcome!

I went shopping this afternoon. Finally picked up the Eat Clean diet cookbook. I know it has a lot of carbs in it but I can pick out a few recipes that I will use. I am trying to find recipes to help my 9 year old grandson that is so worried about his weight. I keep telling him that he just needs to make healthy choices and be more active. I really wish he was not so obsessive with food and his expanding belly. Children are not supposed to worry about that sort of thing. At my house I have what I call a goody jar with Kashi snacks and low cal healthy things. I like the kidz clif bars. But I really try to make things and provide a large fruit bowl for the children. When I have him at my house he asks to use my equipment. I always let him. I have also purchased videos for them. Today I saw a hoola hoop book that looked intersting. It had a dvd with workouts. I would think that it would require a lot of room though. Was tempted to purchase it. I also purchased a book called kids favorites made healthy which was not to bad. I had one that I thought might be good but it had no nutritional breakdown and I was not sure about the sweetener so thought I would check online first. Sorry so long:)

Linda, I am still having problems with my eating. I had muscle bombs from muscle chow from memory post workout. When I cam home from shopping I was starving!! I succombed to the potato salad sitting in the refrigerator. It has nice large hunks of veggies and the potatoes still have the skin. It was calling to me. I have no clue how nutritious it is as my dd mil made it and if I look at the shape of her inlaws I am in trouble:eek:

Thanks so far to Linda, Patti, and Shana-
I hope I can be even a smidge as hardcore as you ladies are. I'll give you a quick breakdown of me. I'm 5'9, 183 lb, 26.7 body fat. I have lost right around 40 pounds and kept it off for 2 years, but now it won't budge. It's my diet, I know-so I went to a nutritionist who set me up on 1800-1900 calories per day (roughly 130 g protein, 5 grains, 7 fruits and veggies, 5-6 fats). I went over my current workout plan with her and she wanted me to eventually get my cardio to 4 hours per week (I think that is way to much, so I will settle on 3). I also quit smoking 3 months ago, but have not managed to gain weight. Anyways, here is my current rotation plan. I'm torn between 2 total body workouts or a 3 day split. Any advice/critique would be great :)

M- total body workout, 20 interval on treadmill, 10 metabolic circuit (with kettlebell and jumprope)-I did all this today it took about 55 minutes. I need to add more exercise to TB
Tu-40-45 cardio, abs
Wed-40-45 cardio, stretch
Th-total body workout, 20 interval, 10 min met. circuit
Fri-30 HIIT
Sat-30 total body circuit (more than likely with kettlebell), 30 moderate cardio (bike, walk, rollerblade
Sun-stretch

Oh and Shana-
that little cutie on my avatar is my darling Bella. My hubby and I rescued her and another German Shepherd. Sadly, we had to put our male down last month, he had hip dysplagia, but she is happy because she is now spoiled rotten.

Anyway, I hope all you ladies have a lovely evening.
TTYL

Theresa

Theresa, so sorry I missed other posts that you may have done. Good for you for quitting smoking. Question on your Total body workouts. Are those included in the metabolic circuits with the kettlebells and jump ropes?? Right now to me it looks like a lot of cardio based work even with the weights. I can't really say a lot about cardio myself because I am sure I do way to much myself.

Last edited:
Theresa: That does look like a lot of cardio! I can from time to time do too much cardio (but Diane Sue can smoke all of us). Honestly, I almost see a better change in my body when I do no more than 3 hours a week. I like doing a 3 day split on weights usually but my advice is to pick a path and try it for a month. Take measurements so you have a real marker to look at and if at the end of the month you aren't seeing what you like, you can always change it. If you have a lot of Cathe's DVDs you might also want to check out some rotations- that may help guide you a little bit more.

Linda: Hey, that's only 2 bars per day. It could be a lot worse. Sometimes I wish for the old Weight Watchers days when I didn't care about carbs. :( It's hard, I know.

Diane Sue: I refuse to make those muscle bombs! I'll eat them! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.