Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 5/11

Today was Biceps and Triceps. Had a great workout. So far I'm liking this setup.

Did the warmup from Gym Style Back, Bi's & Shoulders. I like the treadmill warmup better so I'll stick with that from now on.

1 minute rest between each exercise and set.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
55# - 3 sets/8 reps
***This was a good weight. By the last 2 reps of each set I was starting to struggle.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
20's - 3 sets/10 reps

Hammer Curls**:
22's - 3 sets/10 reps
20's - 8 reps
15's - 10 reps
12's - 10 reps
***After 3rd set there was no rest. Went right into the drop sets. Biceps were burning.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
70# - 1 set/8 reps
75# - 2 sets/ 8 reps
***Probably could have done 80#. Last set was starting to get hard.

Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 3 sets/10 reps
***Felt these. Love this exercise.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions**:
20's - 3 sets/12 reps
15's - 10 reps
12's - 10 reps
10's - 10 reps
***After 3rd set there was no rest. Went right into the drop sets. Triceps were screaming at me!

That is all.... :cool:

Morning! I did BM 2 Cardio Blast and combos 2 and 3 from Patrick G's Step Up. I burned 869 calories. I will do abs this afternoon. My arms are still weird from yesterday's terrific workout. I really love the pace of Meso 2 much better. My right knee is still a little sore from earlier this week- weird. It doesn't seem to matter if I workout or not, so workout I will! It isn't serious, just one of those things that comes and goes.

Debbie: WTG on those barbell curls- I always have trouble upping the weight with that particular exercise.

Hello to all that follow!

Good morning, I am getting ready to go do my workout. The plan is to just do Plyo Legs and and stretch then get back to packing up things. I need to get a tote for my scrapbooking supplies. Had a wonderful mothers day. Ate too much and sat to much though:) DD left almost a whole pan of homemade lasagne here and half a cake:eek: I think I will freeze the lasagne for later when there is someone to share it with.

Good morning. I have some nice chest DOMS today. For some reason I torture myself and stay up WAY to late at night. I am dragging butt this morning. But I have cardio for tonight. Gonna have to find some energy somewhere!

Deb- your tricep strength amazes me!

Patti- DOMS are good! Nice calorie burn today!

Morning Maniacs! Had a great Mothers day. I did fine on the food, until they brought out the bread pudding with ice cream and syrup... Holy Sh*t! Kids gave me a Lush store credit. Loving that! I'm out of everything.

Mostly bike riding this weekend.

Friday: 30 mile road bike ride
Saturday: 12 mile mountain bike ride
Sunday: 37 mile road bike ride

Loving my new road bike.:cool:

Later...

This week is my quasi rest week. I would take the week off completely, but have a wedding this weekend and want to keep the weight loss going till then.
Took everything I had though to get up and work out this morning. But I did Cardio & Weights staying with Cathe for somethings going a bit higher on others. Workout was 1 hour and burned 454 calories.

Morning Maniacs! Had a great Mothers day. I did fine on the food, until they brought out the bread pudding with ice cream and syrup... Holy Sh*t! Kids gave me a Lush store credit. Loving that! I'm out of everything.

Friday: 30 mile road bike ride
Saturday: 12 mile mountain bike ride
Sunday: 37 mile road bike ride

Loving my new road bike.:cool:

Later...

Dallys - what bike did you get?

:pMorning Ladies! Hope all you Moms had a great day yesterday. Diane Sue, where are you moving to?

Today I did total body strength and really like this workout. I dd id circuit style for 3 rounds:rolleyes:

leg extension
leg press
body weight rows
push ups
hanging leg raises
one arm clean and press
tricep station dips
bicep curls
hammer curls
This workout got my heart rate up and worked me good. I gardened all day yesterday and things are looking good.

Have a great day everyone.:cool:

I finished my workout. I did Plyo legs and repeated some of the exercises and plyos so workout was 1 hour 15 minutes. Then I did the extended stretch. Total calories burned was 612.

Dallys, that bread pudding and ice cream sounds yummy. I have this chocolate cake with nuts and caramel drizzled over it sitting in here screaming at me:eek: Hopefully I can hold out till I get some grandchildren here to feed it too.

Dallys, that bread pudding and ice cream sounds yummy. I have this chocolate cake with nuts and caramel drizzled over it sitting in here screaming at me:eek: Hopefully I can hold out till I get some grandchildren here to feed it too.

OMG! They better get there quick!;)

Patti - I forgot to tell you... Saturday I had this awful craving for something and could not figure out what for the life of me. So before I completely blew my diet eating some of everything in the house to satisfy it, I made that Pumpkin Souffle! And Yum!1 Although I miss the fat that gives it that creamy texture it definitely was Yum! And I will be making more. Gotta finish the can of pumpkin ya know.;):p;) Thanks!

Debbie, Great workout! I'm going to copy your rotation each day so I may use it in the future.

Patti, Great job too. Just be safe with your workouts if you are feeling any pain at all. If they are DOMS, that's a good thing.

Diane Sue, Sounds like you had a great time. That was so nice of your daughter to cook for everyone.

megadoo, Try to get some rest in after today, and go sleep earlier. OK?

Dallys, Bike riding is so great. Can't imagine going that far though. Very impressed. Where did you go to bike? Glad you enjoyed Mother's Day. And enjoy shopping with the lush store credit.

Linda, What is Quasi? Good job on the workout C&W.

Ally, 3 rounds? Wow. Love the workout you did.

Will be doing GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps today. And I hope gardening, if it stops raining. Been eating fresh asparagus out of our garden. Yummy!

Janie

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Had been very busy the past 3-4 days. Got my veggie garden in finially! Had a blast over the weekend and will post pictures tomorrow. Bobby is home today so I have limited time on computer plus catching up from busy weekend.

Today I am gonna work legs/abs and 40 mins cardio.

FOODS FOR TODAY

Low Calorie Day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey patty w/avacado & provolone cheese on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M5: 1/2 c. yogurt mixed with cilantro salsa (not sure I'm going to like this!)
M6: Salmon; salda w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1456 calories
50.5 g. fat - 31%
134 g. protein - 37%
119 g. carbs - 33%

The calories are extremely low from what I'm use too but I feel like I am eating good portions with each meal. We'll see how I feel at the end of the day. I changed my cinnamon pancake to 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp. oats, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. agave nector. No PB. I changed the chocolate pancake to 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp. oats, 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa, 1 tsp. agave nectar, 1 tbsp. PB.

I'm getting away from the Nesquik sweetener that the chocolate pancake calls for. We'll see how it tastes with agave instead.

Today I am gonna work legs/abs and 40 mins cardio.

Char - Was womdering if you were egtting good results from that M&F rotation?

Linda, What is Quasi? Good job on the workout C&W.

Janie
- "quasi" means - semi, sort of, in a sense. Which means while I will still be working out the week, I will not be following anything structured or lifting very heavy.

I changed the chocolate pancake to 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp. oats, 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa, 1 tsp. agave nectar, 1 tbsp. PB.

I'm getting away from the Nesquik sweetener that the chocolate pancake calls for. We'll see how it tastes with agave instead.

Debbie
- Let us know how that chocolate pancake turns out. Have you dropped the sugar free preverves as well?

Hi Maniacs-

This morning I did David Kirsch's Legs & Abs from 7 Day Rx. I added on the legs from NY Body Plan. Workout was about 70" with stretch and I burned 430 calories.

I wanted to take time to do some cardio & yoga, but I have too much to do before I go into work this afternoon. I work the late shift.

I'm going to try and stick with this rotation for another week.

Great workouts everyone!

Ally - did you decide you don't want the Amy DVD?

Debbie: What prompted the no sugar decision? I have been toying with the idea of no artificial sweeteners for a bit- am dropping my use of it bit by bit each day.

Janie: No pain, just DOMS- it's all good pain. :cool:

Dallys: Nice on the bike rides! I miss riding.

Diane Sue: Nice idea to repeat a few of the drills, although once I get to the end, I never want to repeat any, lol. I would rather pop in a difference disc for a while. :)

Linda: Glad you liked it! The texture is a bit different- I find that the longer I let it bake and dry out a bit, the better it is. That sounds odd, but it's true- the more of a crust it gets on the top, the better.

Not much here- cool 64 degrees here, but sunny. I've had the kids outside and plan to go do abs a bit later. I'm sure something else might work its way into my plans too. I have a Mindy Mylrea DVD from Netflix and I need to finish it and get it sent back so I can try out another. :)

Dallys, Bike riding is so great. Can't imagine going that far though. Very impressed. Where did you go to bike? Glad you enjoyed Mother's Day. And enjoy shopping with the lush store credit.

Janie

We went to Torrey (for the mountain bike ride..same place as in picturetrail) and just headed out from the house with the road bike rides and went up the canyon and then around town and down by the lake. Basically covered it all. I'm surprised with my road bike mileage too. All the mountain biking I've done has really built up my endurance and now the road biking is helping my mountain biking endurance. They both benefit each other. It's all good.:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.