Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/29

Today was Plyo X AGAIN. Was not into this at all and I stopped at the bonus round. I just didn't have it in me today to do this workout. Even the chatter in it is grinding on my nerves. But at least I got it done.

HR STATS:
54 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
414 calories burned

HR got up to 147bpm at one point. This is a good workout, but I'm really sick of it.

My assessment of P90X reminds me of that New Years resolution poem I once read where someone was all gung-ho on getting in shape and the first few workouts go well and then slowly they start getting sarcastic about it. It's hilarious. I'll need to find it and post it.

GM ladies-

Yesterday was weights and steady state (20 min).
SS1-one leg bb squat, bb pullover to press, squat to bench jump, bb close grip bench
SS2-rear lunges, chin ups, decline bb press, swiss ball push ups

Today is HIIT. I will more than likely do 30/30 from the shock cardio. I really enjoyed it. It's a wham, bam, thank you ma'am kind of workout :D She also states it the easiest of the three, and I laughed b/c I was sucking wind towards the end.

Debbie-it definately sounds like you need a change. I was annoyed that legs and back was the only leg workout for the entire series. I really thought there would be more variety than just changing to chest, shoulders, and triceps for one month. If you want something really different, Rachel Cosgrove had an attack the fat rotation that was two months long posted on figureathlete.com (not that I am saying you are fat) but it had some good, solid weight work and metabolic circuits to keep it interesting.

Theresa

Theresa - Thanks, I'll check it out, although I already know what rotation I want to do next. But still, maybe I can do that one at a later date. I'm always up for something new.

Linda - Yep, we are in the same boat with this rotation. I think I'm gonig to end up taking Fri., Sat. & Sun. off again and then starting fresh on Monday. I cannot take another Legs & Back or Kenpo workout. I'll struggle to do Back and Biceps tomorrow and not sure what I'll do on Thursday. Maybe that core workout, Core Synergestics.

I have a mammogram today, my first ever. I'm scared to death so I hope it's not as bad as I'm thinking it's going to be.

Debbie-it will NOT be as bad as you think it is. It will compress quite a bit but it for a very short time. Just breathe, relax, and let the tech position you-in other words, don't try to help-it will make things go much faster :D Good luck

t

Hello Ladies! Debbie, good luck with the mamogram. I have mine next week. I don't find it too anoying, they usually have me in and out of there quite quickly.

I hear ya with those plyos! I just got the shock cardio from Cathe and have done all three of the HIIT workouts. I did one on Christmas Eve, one on the day after Christmas and the last one today. They are good workouts and don't take very long. I am really into the short and intense workouts lately.

Hope you all have a great new year. We got a new dog. he was a stray and very cute! Some sort of bulldog. We are really enjoying him.

Ally, cool about your new dog; I'm sure he's pretty happy about his new home, too! My mom and her husband took in a stray cat recently. He was in bad shape and pretty scared when he first started coming around, but he's such a baby, so clearly he's been a pampered house cat before. Makes me wonder what could have caused him to be stray.

So you all have the new shock cardio? I was totally uninterested in that until recently, until I was able to see clips and started looking more closely at what the workouts entail. Now I think I'm going to have to cave and at least get a couple. They look really great.

I'm up in Washington visiting with my family, whom I only get to see a couple times a year. Yesterday my mom and I did legs and shoulders from Cathe's Slow and Heavy. The day before we did biceps/triceps/abs from Slow and Heavy. We haven't worked out yet today.

Theresa & Ashley - Thanks! I need to hear that, I am quite scared but I guess it won't be too bad. I'll be happy when its over. Ashley, nice to see you! we miss you girl!

Hermia - Hope you have a great time with your friends!!!

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tracey Long's Staying Power (stopping at the part she went to the floor) and then I popped in Elle's Cardio Body. Workout was 65" and I burned 620 calories. Max HR was 158.

I also did part of Yoga Tuneup Quickie's hips, low back, neck and shoulders.

Deb - I was shocked to see you say that you've never had a Mammogram. I've been having them for a long time. They are no big deal. Don't sweat it. I've been putting off a colonoscopy for the longest time. I've had one before and had a bad experience so I don't want another, but my father died from rectal cancer and I'm no youngster.

Hermia & Ally - good for you ladies rescuing pets. I was just watching Animal Planet where this Humane person was going around capturing animals that were being neglected. It had some happy endings and some sad.....still can't figure out why I felt the need to watch it. I am a HUGE animal lover. I would have more than 3 cats if my DH would approve.

My DH is out in the other room doing Cathe's MMA Kickbox. It looks okay, but it doesn't look like it's that hard. He is afraid of Cathe....it's sort of funny! I told him that the kickbox ones were easier, so he must have listened to me.

I previewed the Step Moves cardio this morning. I'll be standing staring at the TV on that one! I need to start practicing complex step again. I haven't done step since last year. Will have to start again.

Have great workouts everyone.

Debbie - I felt the same way about Plyo X this morning and there was no way in he** I was doing it this morning! I did Cathe's HIIT 30/30 and it made Plyo X feel like a walk in the park even though it's only half is long!:eek: Also, I had my first mamo just a few months ago, it really was no big deal.

Theresa - I did 30/30 this morning and it left me sucking wind big time this morning. I started out thinking I was going to do both 30/30 & 40/20 but one was enough. When Cathe said 30/30 was easiest I wanted to fall over.

Ally - Enjoy the puppy and your Shock Cardio!

As I already said I did Cathe's HIIT 30/30 this morning and got my butt whooped. My max Hr was 190!:eek::eek::eek: And I burned 456 calories.

Debbie
- regarding P90X, I will be swaping out a lot of it to finish it. I won't do Yoga X, Kenpo X or Legs & Back. And that's just to get through this week. Haven't decided for sure what to do in the New Year. What do you have planned?

Lora - Yikes on the rectal exam. That's one thing I hope I never have to do!!! Nice workout, girl!

Linda - Starting Monday I'm going to do a rotation I've done before from Chad Waterbury. It's a program similar to STS but not on DVD's. I just set up my own exercises and follow the program as it's laid out. I've done it about 3 times and I've loved it each time. Nice job on 30/30, I can't believe it was that hard! Plyo X is getting way too easy for me.

Workout was Shock Cardio Athletic Step 47 minutes and I burned 326 calories, then I did STC Step Moves and only burned 263 calories. This one has a little learning curve. Not bad though. I think I will have it after a couple of workouts. I then did MMA Fusion stopping at the triangle choke hold segment where they start pushing up off the floor and kick out(this was too much for my knee) I went on and did the core and stretch so this was 34 min, 168 calories.
I then did Tracey's Yoga Solutions Post Kickbox sgment 19 min 30 calories. I previewed the the rest of the second combo and the 3rd on Cardio Fusion and I think I could have handled #3. I think it gets a lot more intense after the first combo. Total calories burned today was 787.

Lora, I had a colonoscopy last year and it wasn't bad. The part I hated was the prep work of drinking all of that Mira Lax jar and drinking 1/2 gallon of liquid along with not eating. Mine was late the next afternoon.

Debbie, I have had many mammograms and the staff in both places I have been are really good at helping make it not so uncomfortable of an experience.

Linda, I need to preview the HiiT workouts and see if I think they are doable for me right not. Not getting my HR up very much on the other workouts.

Hermia, that is great that you are able to workout with your mother. Enjoy your vacation time:)

Ally, good to hear from you. That is nice that you rescued a stray dog. A lot of times they make some of the best pets.

Diane Sue - I'm looking for a pair of athletic shoes for crosstrainers. Since the selection of cross trainers is so bad - what have you been using for your PF? The last pair I bought that I liked were the Brooks Adrenaline, although they are lacking somewhat in lateral support. I need to get a new pair of something and was wondering if you found anything new lately.

Yes, the prep work plus no food is the worst! Thus one of the reason's I won't do it! It's a pain in the butt.

Are you enjoying the new Cathe's? Sometimes she sort of too serious for me though. I was surprised that I really liked that Elle cardio workout this morning. It makes for a really good interval cardio which I'm always looking for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.