HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES FOR 10-13

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES
yesterday was chalean burn circuit #1. It was not that hard, so I'm not sure if I'm not doing something right or it's just not hard. I've decided to combine all three months (there is a burn, push, and lean phase for those not familiar and the rep pattern changes with each phase). I matched her weights, but went a little faster than she did. Workout was 27 min and I burned 200 calories. Then I went on a 25 run (nonstop) and burned 471. Today is cardio only and I don't know what I'll be in the mood for yet.

Eats were ok yesterday if I could just stop with the coffee (and additives). This week I just feel so tired and I'm by myself so I really do need to be on my A game. I keep telling myself it's better than diet soda. anyway, hope everyone has great workouts.

BBL-
Theresa

Last edited:
Today was cardio and even though I really didn't want to do it, I made myself get dressed and get on my treadmill. I did Cardio Coach #8 and ended up having an excellent workout. Actually, a puke status workout. Felt good to get the blood moving.

HR STATS:
61 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
43 minutes above zone
3.75 miles travelled
523 calories burned!!!!

Very happy with these stats!!!

I'm taking the day off to try to finish painting my mom's kitchen. She's doing so well I'm afraid they will release her by the weekend and she'll come home to a half-finished kitchen. :eek:

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did The Firm Complete Aerobic Weight Training with Emily. Workout was 65" and I burned 545 calories. This seemed to be more weights than cardio and I wanted more cardio today....oh well.

I also did Fluid Power with Shiva Rea - Forward Bending segment. Still don't feel stretched (as usual), but I have to go get my hair colored later...so ran out of time.

I hope my hair turns out decent this time, as last time she grabbed the wrong tube of color and my hair turned orange...and she had to put brown in it to tone it down. I'm only giving her a couple more chances and then she's history!

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - good job with forcing yourself to work out. I haven't had much motivation lately either.

Theresa - you could always add Kettlebell segments on to the CLX days to make it more intense and longer. Just a thought.

I've been peeking out my front window for the mailman every 5 minutes in hopes of receiving my Action Babe Hero workouts!!! LOL

Lora-thanks for the tip...I think I will add kettlebell on the end :) You have to let me know immediately what you think of AHB workout when you get it. Have you done any of her other videos?

Debbie-nice work. Do you start Meso 3 next week?

This morning I did Jari's Extremely Ripped 1000 Cardio premix. This one was 4.5 minutes w/up with light weights, 37 minutes cardio, 7.5 minutes push ups and abs, then a 5.5 minute stretch. Workout was 54 minutes and I burned 501 calories. My HR really got up there at 173 max. I used the step. There are different level variations. I also tried to keep at the higher level all the way through the intervals (this is suggested for advanced) but in some areas I had to drop back a little to catch my breath
icon_surprised.gif
I bet doing the entire workout could possibly burn close to 1000 calories. I think Jari counts off funny. I also noticed from the workout I did last week and this one that on one cardio segment she must do one side using one end of the bench on workout 1 and oned side using workout 2. I will have to check that out when I try the whole workout next week.
I didn't eat this morning because there was not time and I had to go straight to the dentist after dropping off the grandchildren at school. So when I got home I chowed down on leftover Spicy Spinach Soup from the New Clean Eating Cookbook. I think I waited long enough to eat.

Debbie, I hope you get your painting done. Nice workout:)

Theresa, I don't think I can give up coffee. Wish I could give up the creamer though. I have tried different things and I always end up with original fat free coffee mate. I can drink tea plain and usually prefer it that way unless it is Chai tea.

Lora, I hope you get the right hair color this time. I do my own color so I can only blame myself if it comes out wrong. Well, one time someone had switched out the color in a box and I had an auburn color) I check now to make sure the box has it's little seal on it. I hope you get your Action Babe workouts today:D

Morning Ladies! How is everyone? I just got back from a long weekend on the Gulf in Destin. Water was awesome and weather was great! when we got home, we discovered our water heater had been leaking over the entire time. I had to go to the gym and workout and showered there for work. I remembered everything except a towel! Do you know how many of those little paper towels it takes to dry off a 5'2" woman? I lost count.

I did the elliptical for 25 minutes and then did smith machine squats and lunges for 3 sets at 110#. Did the leg press - and then walked on an incline for 15 minutes. A good workout. I am ready to have my shower back!

Take care all and have a great day!

Diane Sue - what do you mean with one side of the bench? in reference to your above post? I don't understand. Also, did you do the entire workout or just part of it? I thought the entire thing was 80 Minutes. I just got it and wanted to do it today. Do you think you could do it for cardio on a cardio day? and if so, how light would you keep your weights?

Also - Skills & Drills (The Pit) and the Twenties workouts look good. I may try the Skills & Drills one later this week. I'll need to do it in the basement to use the heavy bag...but I don't know if I have enough room for squat thrusts, etc. so it might be a challenge the first time I do it. I might use the treadmill for the part where they jog around in circles. They also use a body slam bag (shaped sort of like a person) and they slam it down and then sit on it and knee it and punch it. I sure wish I had one of those slam bags. They also use a 20 lb med ball for slams (and my heaviest that bounces is only an 8 lber).

Theresa - I never did a CLX rotation, but I've tried some of the workouts and I remember either adding on 20" of Kettlebells on the end (Amy Bento Dynamic, etc) or adding the Cardio workouts on the end from the other discs. I think I especially liked the kettlebells ones though...since it was a weight day. I also found that if you lift at the very slow tempo, it is harder. Don't speed up. I found that my forearms gave out before I completed all reps. I guess I'd have to do them for a period of time to build up my forearm strength. I will do a rotation of them some day....as well as an STS rotation. I will let you know as soon as I receive AHB. I've loved the AHB circuits Val had posted on her Blog in the past.

Lora, Saturday I did workout #1. Workout#1 did not include the w/up or stretch which is at the end of the push up and abs.
It is divided up like this:
W/up 4.5 minutes
Complete workout which I think is all of it which would run 78 minutes
Workout # 1 30 min
Workout #2 30 min (I may be wrong on this one because I did not watch it clear through, I will be checking it out though as I keep this info in a notebook so I can figure how much time is spent)
Cardio Only which is w/up 4.5 min, cardio 37 min, abs & push ups 7.5 min, and stretch 5.5 minutes
Weights only(I am not sure on this one yet on what it has)
push ups and abs which is w/up 4.5 min, push ups and abs 7.5 min, and stretch 5.5 min

I did workout 1 and the push ups and abs on Sunday trying to find a stretch:) I only used 5 and 8# dumbbells and I really do think that you could use it as a cardio workout. It is more cardio than weights. The weight moves are compound moves. It did not affect my STS weight workout the next day.
Today I did the cardio only one so that is how I know what is on it.
What I meant by switching sides on the cardio was because she does one side(leg) during what would be workout # 1 and then she does the other side (leg) on workout#2. At least that is what I am thinking. This was near the last of workout 1 cardio. She uses 1 end of the step and does one leg.

Last edited:
Kinda of taking an active rest week before starting a new rotation for the next 4-5 weeks. So this morning was Tracey's Strikezone skipping strike 9 as my shoulders have been bothering me. Workout was 52 minutes and I burned 409 calories.

Debbie - Nice job on working out even when you didn't feel like it!

Diane Sue - So, I guess I go too heavy with weights on cardio days then, as I used 20 lbs for DB rows and chest presses today and it was supposed to be a cardio day. I guess I'll have to lighten up.

My hair turned out orange-ish again. I'm not happy. I will give her one more chance. Hopefully, she will have color swatches for me to look at since what I'm describing is not what she is understanding (if that makes sense).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.