Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs August 25, 2009

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Got my workout in late yesterday. My daughter came home unexpectedly and wanted me to dye her hair. I just wished she would have told me earlier so I can plan out my day better. Anyhow, today I am gonna do yoga x. I have been getting thru this second week rather slowly cuz of interruptions during the week. I know I must learn to let go of control at times..one of my life lessons that may take me til I am near death to get. lol.

Diane Sue,

Yup, the weight is back down again. You were right!

This morning was cardio and I'm telling you, if I can get away with doing no cardio I would. I hate it. But I laced up my shoes and did one of my Cardio Coach mixes. Had a decent workout but didn't go balls to the wall today. My right knee is still bothering me so I'm trying to be careful with it. It now hurts to walk up the stairs. :rolleyes:

HR STATS:
1 hr. 2 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
29 minutes in zone
28 minutes above zone
511 calories burned
3.85 miles travelled

Usually I get to 4 miles with this workout so that shows you that I wasn't pushing it. Happy with these stats, though.

Last edited:
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Hip Hop Abs 2 - Rockin Body followed by Kettlenetics Total Body Blast. Workout was 60" and I burned 537 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Morning Ladies-
Yesterday I did a total body workout. I did not have a lot of time, so it was short and sweet circuit style. I am obviously not going to start p90x as I have family in town from NJ and I want to spend time with them.

Today I will do a short but sweet cardio routine, something with intervals 30 min max. I will test out the theory of less is more cardio.

Debbie-is your knee popping? an IT band issue? any swelling?

Lora-do you like the hip hops abs?

Charlotte-I totally understand about the interruptions and wanting to have a day go smooth, but you are totally right.

Hello to all that follow. BBL
Theresa

Deb - Maybe you should consider buying Insanity to curb your hatred of cardio?? It has been getting stellar reviews at VF.

That's the weird thing, Theresa - no swelling, no popping. A few weeks ago I was having some excruciating pain just slice through my knee cap. It would last seconds but would put me to my knees. This week when I walk up stairs it hurts. So I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I should go get it looked at, though. Oy! If its not one thing its another....

This morning I did Tracey's StrikeZone skipping Strike 9 for the most part, with all the DOMS in my Chest, Shoulders & Tris from yesterday all those pushups weren't gonna happen. I did attempt to do the spiderwebs though. Then I added Amy's ITR Med Ball Intervals x 2 and Med Ball Abs from Cathe's Ab Circuits. Workout was 1:28 and I burned 707 calories.

This was my first time with Strikezone and I loved it! I love the fact that the strikes are only 4-5 minutes, which fit my attention span perfectly. More and more I find I hate long drawn out combos.

Linda - Josef is sooo motivating, is he not? I love that workout also. I did it so much when it first came out, I burned out on it.

Deb - ouch.....if you're knee hurts, maybe Insanity is not a good thing. Hope it gets better. I finally went to a foot doctor for my foot pain and found out I had (of all things) a wart! Maybe TMI.....but at least it's not serious. Hopefully you're knee won't be serious either.

off to work...................I work 11-8:30 today. There goes the entire day!

Lora - Great to hear your foot pain is something so simple! You can certainly tell that Josef is able to kick some serious butt!

Morning Ladies-
Yesterday I did a total body workout. I did not have a lot of time, so it was short and sweet circuit style. I am obviously not going to start p90x as I have family in town from NJ and I want to spend time with them.

Today I will do a short but sweet cardio routine, something with intervals 30 min max. I will test out the theory of less is more cardio.

Lora-do you like the hip hops abs?

Charlotte-I totally understand about the interruptions and wanting to have a day go smooth, but you are totally right.

Hello to all that follow. BBL
Theresa

Theresa, more and more I find I cannot have the control I want because I feel like I am meant to learn to let go of some of it. If we ask for change in our lives, to better ourselves then we will get it in ways that might drive us nuts, but it is for our own good so we can grow into a better person. I keep telling myself before I workout too, this: "I approve of myself so I don't need anyone else's approval". Control to be better thru competing with self and others is not necessary. I have lots of issues with control and get very anxious and feel my blood pressure rising if something interrupts my plans. I NEED TO LEARN TO LET GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I approve of myself so I don't need anyone else's approval".

That is a wonderful mantra...I may use that if you don't mind. I sometimes worry about other's approval (not all the time but some) and it is can be very stressful. I also realized when I did yoga the other day that I spend a lot of time punishing my body and not loving it. DH and I are going to do more yoga together and we started eating even better than we did to put only good things in our body. I'm 7 days off diet soda and I feel great :)

Debbie-Does your knee every make a crunching sound? Especially with any lunges, squats, step-ups? I get that myself from time to time, and some of my issue was sitting with my leg crossed under me at the computer. I have had a floating kneecap in the past that gave me quite a few issues. Maybe some PT moves with a band to strengthen? Although as strong as you are, I doubt you need much more in the way of strengthing exercises :)

Debbie-Does your knee every make a crunching sound? Especially with any lunges, squats, step-ups? I get that myself from time to time, and some of my issue was sitting with my leg crossed under me at the computer. I have had a floating kneecap in the past that gave me quite a few issues. Maybe some PT moves with a band to strengthen? Although as strong as you are, I doubt you need much more in the way of strengthing exercises :)

Nope, no crunching sounds. Nothing. Just pain. Then the pain goes away for a while but eventually always comes back.

Workout today was Cardio Coach Press Play, STS abs weights and plates(just the weight portion because the baby would have run off with my gliding discs) then I did the Stability ball abs. She got herself a ball too
icon_biggrin.gif

When I got home from the school I did Yoga Solutions w/up and post run segment 18 minutes, the I did some foam roller stretches from the May/April M&F hers magazine for the hamstrings and the it band. That helped with the tightness I felt from the run. I don't think I have done the post run premix before. This was pretty good. Although my shoulders and arms were on fire after holding the down dog segment for so long. They are already sore from yesterdays STS workout. I burned 668 calories doing CCPP and 5.26miles with a little longer stretch, and 195calories on STS abs,, 132 calories doing yoga and foam roller stretching. Total calories burned was 994 and Max HR was 173. Those level 4's on cc were tough
icon_biggrin.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.