Hardcore Check in New Years Eve 2009

WD

Cathlete
I am getting ready to start my workout. I may try MMA Fusion and see if I can do the entire thing today. I think I will hold off on the Pyramid HiiT till tomorrow or Saturday. I have some doms in my triceps and the outside of my shoulders from Travel Fit :D Those bands can really work you. Today I will also do abs/core and yoga.

Hello Ladies and happy last day of 2009.

Yesterday was weights and steady state

ss1-box squats, rev grip incline bench, on leg deadlift, incline rear delt flyes

ss2-kb one arm clean, chest supp db row, seated lateral, bench leg raises

20 min MMA boxing.

I follow up with Olesya today. I still had some inches lost despite the holidays which I am very excited about :D

Diane Sue-have a great workout

Be safe tonight if you are out and about :D And I'll talk to you ladies in 2010

Today was Legs and Back (well, it was suppose to be Yoga X but I'm stopping here and wanted to get my leg workout in since I missed it last week) but I did Legs and Abs since I haven't done either in two weeks and I did back yesterday. Had a great sweaty workout. Now I'm ready for a three day break and then I'll start my new rotation on Monday. :D

Balance Lunge (BSS) - 15's/25 reps each side
Calf-Raise Squats - 15's/25 reps
Reverse Bench Crunches - 15 reps

Super Skaters - 25 each side
Wall Squats - an eternity at high and low levels, did these on the stability ball. I really felt these today for some odd reason.
Woodchops - 15#/22 reps

Step Back Lunges - 15's/15 reps each side
Alternate Side Lunges - 12's/24 reps alternating
Hanging Knee Raise - 20 reps

Single Leg Wall Squats - 1 minute total, 10 second holds each side alternating, used stability ball.
Deadlift Squats - 20/side (Didn't touch the floor unless I lost my balance)
Bench V-ups - 20 reps

1 minute break

Three-Way Lunge w/kick - 5 each side going side, 45 degree, front, with leg lift or kick.
Sneaky Lunges - 20 each side
Stability Ball Crunch - 21 reps

Chair Salutations - 2 - 30 second chair poses (burned like a mother)
Toe-Roll Iso Lunges - 8's/20 each side
Oblique Dips - 15 a side

Groucho Walk - 4 up, 4 back for 45 seconds
Calf Raises - 20's/did 15 reps slow, 10 reps fast with feet turned out, front and in.
Oblique V's - 15 each side

80-20 Sieber Speed Squats - 30 a side (I liked these)
Hip Raise - 25 reps

That is it for P90X.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! HOPE 2010 IS WONDERFUL FOR ALL OF YOU!

DD and girls are coming over so I will post this right quick. I did MMA Fusion 50 minutes and burned 327 calories Max HR was 160. I then did MMA Boxing Heavy bag167 calories which almost matched Cathes workout manager at 166:D and added the core and stretch to this for a total of 33 minutes 233 calories Max Hr 160. Total calories today was 560 and time spent was 83 minutes.

Debbie, enjoy your holiday now that you are done with P90X:)

Theresa, that is great that you lost inches. I bet you are really happy. Great motivation.

Morning Ladies - Yesterday was legs and back and boy is my back sore! Today I did STS cardio MMA kick box and was a bit disappointed. It was not that intense of workout and my HR did not get very high. I really like the HIIT - but my poor feet can't take that every day!

Hope you all have a great new year!

Today I did Insanity Max Plyo and Insane Abs. What are some ways you are all going to celebrate tonight and try to keep eating good. Any suggestions? Because I am having people over, tomorrow is my sister's bday. And there will be food. I did make sure I have a veggie tray, but there will be dips, shrimp cake etc. Help!!

Just another question. What supplements do some of you take and what do you recommend? I have been reading a lot about creatine. Any reviews and comments on any supplements welcome.

Happy 2010!!!

Hi Maniacs -

This morning I did Elle's Cardio Body Interval workout. This was a good workout. I sort of tired out towards the end. I used the Rebounder for most of the impact. My injury is flaring though from too many Mountain Climbers and Squat Thrusts. Workout was 65" and I burned 650 calories. My HR maxed at 162, but the intervals were very close with short rests.

I also did the Elle Yoga 20" but it felt like speed yoga. Did not hold poses long enough. I can't workout in the AM, as we have extended hours tomorrow and I have to be there super early.

Have a Happy New Year everyone. We're going to see Sherlock Holmes and to dinner and to bed early!

Today I did P90X Legs & Back minus the Back. I actually enjoyed the workout this morning. Not sure what I will do the rest of thew week.

DD came over and took us to lunch. We had a nice visit. My granddaughter and I went over books she has read. She reads so much and it is really hard to find decent books for a teenager. Some of the ones we got her for Christmas she had already read. Wish I could have stretched and foam rolled more when I was done though. My knee kind of hurts.

Ally, I hear you on all of that impact. I didn't find the Kickbox workout all that intense either.

Lora, enjoy your movie and dinner.

Linda, I have done P90X legs skipping the back segments and I like it better that way. Glad you enjoyed it today.

Roselyn, I have made snack trays for new years before. One thing I made that was pretty good. I used tomato tortillas and spread them with light onion dip topped with deli turkey and tomatoes chopped up. I rolled it up and cut into pinwheel sandwhiches. You can vary the tortillas and fillings using low carb tortillas etc., fruit and vegetable trays are always nice. I try to stay away from the baked goods myself. We are staying home by ourselves this year:D I don't use a lot of supplements myself so doubt I would be much help. Other than recovery drink which I have mentioned before(I like after shock because it has creatine, glucosamine, branched chain aminos, and that is just some of the stuff in it) Right now I am stuck with P90X recovery which I don't think is near as good so I mix it with protein powder. I also take Omega 3 s.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.