Hardcore check in May 28,2009 Thursday

Linda - Nice workout again. How long do these workouts take you to do?

Diane Sue - I'm sorry things are so hard right now. It will get better!! Your workouts still ROCK!!!

Hi Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch Power Body followed by Amy's KB Dynamics - Premix 3 and then part of Leslie's 5 Mile K Walk. Workout was 1 hour & 20" and I burned 702 calories. I also did Essentrics Athletic Stretch by Classical Stretch 60".

I took a short soak in the tub afterwards and read an Oxygen magazine that had an article in it about exercise in your 40's and 50's. It was sort of depressing to read all of that menopause crap. I'm still having a SEVERE midlife crisis. Will it ever end?

My DH is hooked on Insanity. I got my preview workout with my One on One Subscription and he's been doing it all week. I finally got to see some of it today. If you like athletic drills...you'll love it. I might try it one day this week, but I'll have to modify with the rebounder in spots, as my torn hamstring is not healed yet. I don't want to make it worse.

Deb - are you still watching GH? Did you ever download those P Roach songs? I Almost Told You That I Loved You is going to be there next single. I can't wait to see the video for that one!

Diane Sue - so sorry about the eating. Can't you prepare little mini meals for yourself instead? I know, I wouldn't eat full fat stuff! I feel for you!

Hi to everyone else. Gotta go eat breakfast now.........it's getting late. I hope I can stomach the blueberries today!

Linda - Nice workout again. How long do these workouts take you to do?

Debbie
- With the 10 minute cardio warmup the upper body one has been taking me about a hour and fifteen minutes and that's without doing a whole lot of stretching. It always amazes me how much time has passed because I don't feel like I am moving that slow. The leg one on the other had usually only takes me 45 minutes, less exercises and not doing both sides separetely. So I usually add a likke cardio to that one to make the hour.

Hi Deb - are you still watching GH? Did you ever download those P Roach songs? I Almost Told You That I Loved You is going to be there next single. I can't wait to see the video for that one!

Hi Lora! Yes, I still watch GH. It's been pretty good lately. And I have tried to download that song many times but it doesn't download right. I'll try it again right now. Thanks for the reminder.

And I know what you mean about menopause and the midlife thing. Scares me to death. :(

Debbie
- With the 10 minute cardio warmup the upper body one has been taking me about a hour and fifteen minutes and that's without doing a whole lot of stretching. It always amazes me how much time has passed because I don't feel like I am moving that slow. The leg one on the other had usually only takes me 45 minutes, less exercises and not doing both sides separetely. So I usually add a likke cardio to that one to make the hour.

I kind of figured it would take over an hour just because you are doing each side at a time. I think that would drive me crazy but I know it's a great to train especially if you are in a plateau. I love reading your workouts.

I have done pretty good so far today. Post workout I had a little dried fruit. Then dh came over and we took the grandchildren to a favorite barbecue place and I got a salad with smoked turkey on it and mixed the dressing with bbq sauce. Drank lots of water and iced tea. Not sure how dinner will be. Hopefully I can drag myself out of bed in the morning and get another decent workout in.
DH put a bid on a house today that is 9 miles from here in the town he will be working in. We will see how that works out. I took my grandchildren and my dog Mudd for a walk when we got home:D

Shana, thanks for pointing out that thread. That woman looks great. I miss a lot of those threads because I rarely take the time to read much of the open discussion.

Thanks everyone. I know I can overcome this. Hopefully it is not too long before we have our own home. The one we are looking at now still has people living in it. They are being transferred somewhere.

Carol - Thanks for posting. I'm with you on the shoulder pain. I think I tore something in my rotator cuff doing 115# bench presses a few months back. It seems to be getting better, though, I just don't want to push my luck with heavy benching right now. I haven't had it checked, but I know I should.

You should post here with your workouts. You seem like a Hardcore Maniac to me! Nice job working out while you are batteling MS and Lupus. You deserve a huge kudos for that!!! You are definitely an inspiration! QUOTE]

Thanks. I plan to (post my workouts) as soon as I've recovered. I'm benched for now, thanks to a Lupus and MS flare-up/relapse. I did an intense STS leg workout (last one in Meso 2) last Friday. I could feel something was amiss while doing the workout, but kept the intensity up as high as possible. Saturday, I hit the wall. I spent the entire weekend in bed. My legs wouldn't work, the pain in joints and muscles was incredible. Lungs on fire.

Better now, but limping. I'm seeing my Rheumie early tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what he says and what he makes me take. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.