Hardcore Check in January 2014

I'm here, just not feeling very well. I've had terrible headaches the last two days (TTOM) and I just can't bring myself to workout even though I've been getting up to do so. Hopefully tomorrow. I seem to have no motivation right now and I hate when I get that way. It's been too easy for me to skip my workouts lately and I really need to change that. I just feel really burned out with everything right now.

Diane Sue - Did you order the newest Rapid Fire? I think I only have the first two. I should dig those out again and do them, they were fun workouts.

Today it took me awhile to do something. I went to bed sick last night. Still not feeling real well. I did Party Rockin Step 2, 54 minutes 154 calories.

Debbie, yes, I bought Rapid Fire 4. I have all of them. This one has some nice features. Premixes and you can pick segments and string them together in whatever order you want which is nice.

Hi everyone. I got my lazy butt out of bed and did Cardio Coach #1. Had an ok workout, nothing monumental. I'm glad I worked out.

Workout was 37 minutes, ran 2.25 miles and burned about 339 calories.

Diane Sue - I loved the first two Rapid Fire workouts. I should get the other 2. I just worry that kickboxing will irritate my shoulder and knees. I can't win! :(

Today I did STS Legs disc 14, 52 minutes because I to calculate how much weight I thought I should use. I am doing pretty well with the knee and increasing the weights a bit. Still not what I was doing before but I think I am doing well considering. I then did X 10 low impact segment, 12 minutes,106 calories. I then did Ab Circuits med ball abs no partner, 10 minutes, 60 calories. I generally use 10 and 15 lb med balls for this one. I finished with Zuzka Z Cut Yoga Series 1 crescent, chair, abs, and cool down, 22 minutes 148 calories. I could have used that one for cardio. That was my first time doing the chair series. It was 8 rounds moving from 2 reps up to 8 of chair hold, burpee to push up stand jump repeat and a brief chair break in between. I was sweating.
I printed up an article on Paleo Leap on Paleo nutrition for healthy bones and joints. It has some good information on exercise as well. Also on doing squats, saying it is not bad for the knees. Anyway, several pages of good information.
Paleo Nutrition for Healthy Bones and Joints | Paleo Leap

Debbie, I think that you would like the other two. The thing is you can mix and match them. She has a modifier on the 4th one. I sort of separated the workouts so one day I did the kickboxing which is 3 rounds and another I did the boxing which is 3 rounds. Both times I did the abs segment. When I have had shoulder and elbow issues in the past I just left off the weighted gloves. I think that hers somehow seem a little more joint friendly?? Anyway, I think anytime we get stuck in a rut of doing only one type of workout whether it be cardio or weights we set ourselves up for overuse injuries. I was a little worried about my shoulder joints while recovering from the surgery since I did upper body twice a week. I tried to make one a lighter day. For what it is worth my surgeon says to cross train. I know constant repetitive movement and little recovery both can wear down joints. I have read so much stuff lately.

Today I did a total body workout on my own. Had a great workout.

3 sets of everything. Reps ranged from 10 to 12 depending on how I felt.

Leg Press Statioin - 110#
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 52#
Barbell Curls - 30#

Squats - 20's
Incline Bench Press - 52#
Hammer Curls - 15's

Elevated Deadlifts - 52#
Incline Flyes - 15's
Upright Rows - 25#

Close Grip Barbell Press - 45#
Lateral Raise - 8's
Abs - Knee-in's - 20 reps

Lying Tricep Extensions - 10's
Bent Over Rows - 8's
Abs - Crunches - 20 reps

Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Diane Sue - Thanks for the info! They sound cool!

Hey:)

WTH................swear I can't get my s&&& together always something. Any who, made myself get up this morning. I did CC Candace had an awesome run considering I haven't worked out in weeks EEK. I'm Back:rolleyes:

Stats

54:00 time
435 calories burned
4 miles

Today was cardio I did the X10 37 minute mix of cardio blast and hi/lo, 331 calories, avg hr 137 max hr 164. I then used the Tread Climber for 25 minutes, 311 calories, avg hr 148/ max hr 166. I finished with Les Mills Flow, 20 minutes 82 calories. Total time was 82 minutes and calories burned 740.

Teddy, what can I say :) Good to see you back again.

Debbie, nice workout.

Roselyn, are you doing sts or just mixing workouts?

Today I did Cardio Coach #6 with Candace but skipped Challenge 3 because I don't like it. I had a really great workout.

Total time was 48:30, burned about 412 calories and ran 3 miles. That was my goal - 3 miles today. So yay me! :eek:

Teddygirl - Dang girl, you went 4 miles with Candace's workout yesterday. When you do the last two challenges, what do you usually do? I usually do the highest incline on my treadmill - 10 - and then the speed is at 3.3 mph. But I know all treadmills are different. I'm just wondering if you jog those challenges on a slight incline or if you put your treadmill up really high? Nice job. 4 miles is awesome with this workout!

Happy Friday!!!:D:D:D

Had a great workout this morning started with a CC revised 2 only 35 minutes and leg and glutes (floor work):)

Debbie::) Love Candace’s workout. I never incline to 10. I usually start at 2 incline up to 5 sometimes 6 my speed 5/2 5/3 or sometimes 5/4. Always on an incline Good workout.:)

Diana::) Hey! what can I say.......... going to keep at until I get it right:)

Today I did STS Disc 15, back and biceps, 56 minutes, 407 calories. I then did Ab Circuits Stability ball abs using my Bosu Ballast ball and a 10# dumbbell, 20 minutes, 115 calories, I followed with Amy's Kettle bell Dynamics abs, 8 minutes, 53 calories using a 20# kettle bell. I finished off with STS Extended stretch, 15 minutes, 58 calories. Total time 99 minutes, 633 calories.

Teddy, good job on the workout again. ;);)

Debbie, nice job. Interestingly I have a tougher time getting miles on the tread climber. The HR gets up there and I am working hard but I am lucky to get 2 miles. Just a lot different than the Treadmill. Reading on knees I read something about the hills being hard on the knees. I don't remember where though. I always did between 5 and 10 incline depending on how fast I was going.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.