Hardcore Check in January 2014

Today I did Yoga Stretch by Karen Voight. Man, my muscles are so tight again. I can't help but wonder if that is the problem with my knees. They actually feel pretty good right now. I need to start stretching more again, I just never seem to make the time to do it.

Hope you all have a great day and great workouts!

Workout started with Cathe's Intensity w/u and low impact hiit, 17 minus 85 calories. Then I did Cathe's Crossfit bonus low impact tabata 2 times and the bonus core, 18 min, 108 calories. I then did 36 minutes on the Tread Climber, 312 calories. I finished with Yoga Max timesaver 1, 33 minutes, 126 calories. I had problems getting the HR up again. I switched straps when I got on the Tread Climber because I knew I working harder than max hr 119 on Intensity. I think it was still off or coded and not working correctly with the Tread Climber. The time and calories were close to coinciding but the HR Max on my monitor was 150 which was low for the pace I was going. The TreadClimber had me at 171. So anyway everything is sort of a guess at 1 42 minutes, 631 calories.

Debbie, it is hard to remember the stretching when we feel good. I try to make myself put in at least a short yoga segment every day but sometimes I get time crunched.

No workout for me today. No reason really, my alarm clock went off and I automatically rolled over and changed the time to give me one more hour of sleep. Lazy anyone? LOL!

Diane Sue - Stretching does help a lot. I have been able to go up and down my stairs with limited pain in my knees. I'm not sure if that's a coincidence or not, but I'm going to keep stretching. I always feel better when I do.

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Trim Down workout #1 32 min, 225 calories, Kelly Coffey Shape Up workout 1 32 min. 201 calories. On Shape up when Kelly did the jumping on and off the step I did the tap skaters like in the first round. I also used the rebounder for any jack moves. Since there was no biceps in Shape up I did Kelly's Body Shop biceps and legs segments, cross body curls, curtsy lunge, and combo of both then the biceps curls with pulses, 1 leg deadlift, combo curl with deadlift. 12 min, 73 calories. I finished with Chalean Extreme Recharge, 20 minutes, 81 calories. Total time 96 minutes, calories 580.

Debbie, sometimes we just need the extra rest and relax time :)

Last edited:
Today I did 42 minutes on the Tread Climber, 370 calories. I then did the core work on Lean Legs and Abs, 10 minutes, 58 calories. I finished with Jillian Michael's Yoga Inferno workout #2, 34 min, 203 calories. She has you doing squat thrusts in between segments, I subbed mountain climbers for part of them. Workout was 86 minutes and calories burned 631.

Good morning everyone! Today I did Cardio Coach #2 and had an ok workout. Didn't really hit it with all I had, but at least I did something. Knees feel ok, a bit sore after my workout but not bad.

Workout was 33 minutes and I went 2 miles. Burned approximately 303 calories.

Have a great day everyone!

I did an X10 workout, 53 minute one.

Took my son back to school Saturday, just as hard as leaving him in August after having him home for a month.

I started with Cathe's Rockout Knockout w/u and cardio with gloves segment and added the stretch on to the end of my whole workout. This was just to get things warmed up :) This was 26 minus, 145 calories.
I then did STS Disc 10, chest shoulders and biceps with the extended stretch, 72 minutes,454 calories. Total time was 98 minutes and calories burned 599.
I made the Caveman Feast Chili with Cauliflower rice this morning. So that was nice to have ready for lunch :) I really like that app.

Roselyn, I know it is tough when they leave every time. Sort of a let down feeling.

Teddy, glad to see you are back at it. I am finishing my 4th week of STS Meso 1 this week. I only did upper though till last week which I did some modifications and went light on the legs. My knee is healing but still can be a problem since the surgery.

Debbie, I am glad the knees were okay after the cardio workout.

Today I did upper body and did the same routine I did last Tuesday only I upped the weights a bit and changed the order.

3 sets of everything. Reps ranged from 8 to 12 depending on how I felt.

Flat Bench Press - 50#
Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 15's
Overhand Barbell Row - 42#

Incline Bench Press - 50#
Incline Dumbbells Flyes - 15's
Overhead Press - 10's

Underhand Barbell Row - 42#
Hammer Curls - 15's
Lateral Raise - 8's

Upright Row - 22#
Dumbell Curls - 15's
Overhead Tricep Extension - 20#

Lying Tricep Extension - 10's
Ab Crunches - 30 reps
Elbow Planks - Tried to hold for 30 seconds

Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Hey :)

No workout this morning aaaaaaaaaaaargh, seriously.............I did too much last night trying to fine closet and shoe spaces for my nephew who living with me for now. I don’t have enough closets space for myself; it’s ridiculous. Any who, we ended up working passed my bed time, I got up at 6am almost overslept. I hate when I put my workouts together for the week and I miss a day, hate that. I’ll see you guy tomorrow for sure.

Last edited:
I did 20 minutes on Tread Climber first, 190 calories. I then did STS legs, disc 12 week 4, 56 minutes, 273 calories. I followed with Ab Circuits med ball abs, 10 minute, 45 calories and finished with Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions post total body weight training segment. 23 minute, 76 calories. I forgot how much of it was balance work. Total time was 1 hr 49 minutes and calories burned 588.

Morning:)

Started my workout with CC#1 revised then d-15 back & biceps. Tomorrow d-14 told you my rotation got off wack by me missing yesterday w/o argh. I really am enjoying Meso II for one; no push up he...he... and I like the one min breaks.

Diane: Like I said before you are awesome.:)

Debbie: Nice....I see you are back nice upper body work:)

Rose: Your workouts are just crazy good you are so consistent; love to see a pic:)

Last edited:
This morning I started with Pedal Power Timesaver 3, 36 minutes, 316 calories, 10 miles. I then did STS disc 11, Back and Triceps with the extended stretch, 68 minutes, 396 calories. Total time was 1 hr 44 min, 712 calories. I am taking the active rest week doing cardio, circuits, and light weight stuff yoga then on to Meso Cycle 2. I need to look over the lower body work though so I know how to work that in. I finished meso 1 all but 2 weeks of the legs.

Debbie, you had some nice weight increases. I hope things are going well for you with the workouts.

Roselyn, I hope things have settled a little with the emotional rollercoaster of having your son home and then gone again. Nice job on the workouts.

Teddy, I forgot that there was no push ups in Meso Cycle 2 :D I really do get tired of them and many of the core workouts and yoga I do throw in some more.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #1 and had a good workout. Knees are ok - better than they were. I did well with this workout.

Workout was 37 minutes, burned approximately 335 calories and traveled 2.25 miles.

Teddygirl - I know what you mean about planning workouts and then missing one. I will be missing two this week due to work. :( And what is CC #1 Revised? I know there was a revised #2 but not #1.

Diane Sue - Thanks on my weight increase. I doubt I'll be going much higher than that, though, I don't want to push my luck. We'll see...

Today was Supercuts for me.

Things settled down here but now my daughter's boyfriend is coming home from serving in the Navy for 5 years, say some prayers that he adapts back to civilian life, he did serve 6 months in Afghanistan last year so I hope and pray he will be ok. He is starting school this summer to get his EMT degree. Always someone to worry about!!

Hey guys:D

Today, d-14 legs and abs.

Debbie: hey girl, you mean all this time I had it wrong:eek:. When I ordered its been in my ipad as Cardio Coach 1 (revised) hm......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.