Hardcore Check in December 17,2009 Thursday

WD

Cathlete
Today I will be doing cardio. Not feeling very energetic so not sure what I will choose. My grandbaby will be here in an hour so I realy don't have a lot of time. Didn't sleep well at all due to coughing and lots of different dreams:eek: I will check back in awhile.

Diane Sue-sorry it was a rough night...I feel your pain. I had a nightmare and woke up sweating to death and yelling for dh. At that same time, my monthly visitor arrived , yay me :D

Yesterday was weights and steady state. I start a new training program next week that will incorporate more kettlebell moves (which I love)...except for 6 sets of 8 turkish get ups, gulp.

BBL
Theresa

Today was yoga and I did Yoga X. Had a good workout and worked up a pretty good sweat. I did all the vinysa's in this one, did the first hour and then quit. The right side of my low back is still bothering me a little. Feels like something is out of wack. The up-dogs helps that and it feels better now.

Diane Sue - Love the new AVI!

I finished my workout. Was getting my shower when Olivia showed up. Now my Christmas tree is slowly losing ornaments:eek: Wasn't that great of a workout. For some reason I couldn't get my HR up very well. I really didn't have the energy anyway. I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness kickbox Knockout mix(both workouts) 53 minutes and burned 376 calories. Max HR was 148. Then I did 30 minutes to fitness Muscle definition abs 11 minutes 38 calories following with Insanity Insane abs 203 calories 33 minutes. I added 3 minutes of hipflexor stretches and hamstring stretches to the end. Total calories burned was 617. Workout was 1 h4 40 minutes. On Insane abs I did not get an accurate Max HR reading since it said 205
icon_eek.gif
It does that once in awhile. Although it is brief that stays the reading.

Theresa, I am not a fan of Turkish get ups. I do them if they are on a workout but I usually move slower than they do. Glad you get to do some kettlebells:D

Debbie, thanks on the AVI. I am glad that the yoga helped your back.

Morning Maniacs -

Yikes....I slept thru my alarm for an hour and a half! Thank goodness I had it set early .........as I was planning on doing yoga. I only had time for a workout though being that I got up late.

I did Leslie Brin's Shed 5 Fast. Combo of light weights and kickboxing. I struggled getting my HR up also. It only maxed out at 148 and was mostly in the 130's for the workout. I burned 466 calories in 57".

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - sorry you had a bad night.

Deb - hope your back gets better.

Theresa - I dislike Turkish Get ups also. Sometimes I skip them or do them slower.

RE: My rib, my therapist said that hopefully it will pop back in place by itself. I'm thinking the severe muscle spasms around it have pulled it out of place. At least, that makes sense to me??

Hi there maniacs!

Thanks all for the kind words on my photo shoot. It was a lot of fun!
Still doing my current bulking pan but Oleysa will be switching my training plan come January. Excited to see what she has in store for me!

Diane Sue...Love the new avi. Super cute!
Lorajeanne...Wow you must've been tired to sleep thorugh an hour and 1/2. Obviously your body needed the rest!
Debbie...Glad your back is better. I think an aching back is the one injury I hate the most!
Theresa....Is your new workout plan that you will be starting with Olesya?

Tomorrow is last day at work....two glorious weeks off! :D:D:D

I was just having some lunch and thought I would come back and check what is happening before I feed the grandbaby and head out the door.

Sonya, good to have you check in. I bet you will enjoy the change next month:D Will you still be bulking next month or do you know? Thanks on the avi I am not very good at taking pictures of myself. You should have seen how many I cut my head off of LOL

Lora, be careful and take care of that rib. At least you still got in a workout. I adjusted mine today by doing Insane Abs so that if I didn't have as much time tomorrow morning before I leave I should at least be able to get in Insanity upper body. I kept waking up and moving my alarm a little later during the night. I originally had planned on being up at 4:30.

Hey Sonya-
Yeah, I am still with Olesya. She just changed up my workouts a bit. It has been 6 weeks and now we are getting to the phase where we will start cutting to get this body in tip-top shape :) I get to do some kettlebell moves and HIIT is added back in as well as sprints one day a week. She also tweaked my carb days a bit. I am REALLY excited to do some new weight moves, those pistols are not nice :D Any idea what kind of changes you will be doing?

Lora-that rib sound painful. I had a masssage therapist tell me she thought I had a turned rib and then she said it was just REALLY knotted up. I have a lot of trouble with my rt shoulder and scapular region.

Debbie-hope the back stops acting up.

Diane Sue-I meant to tell you I liked your new pic yesterday but I forgot

Theresa

Linda - Where you be? Wondering if you did yesterday's Back and Bicep workout? I am so sore today, even my biceps are sore. Woo hoo!!!

Diane Sue - Sorry you still aren't feeling very well. Coughing is the WORST! I get bronchitis occassionally (knock on wood) and it's aweful. You still had a good workout today, though. Nice job!

Lora - Didn't your fall happen in January? If that rib isn't in place yet then I don't think it will be. I think I'd get a second opinion on it. That has to hurt.

Sonya - Good to see you. Glad to hear things are going well your way!

Theresa - Have you seen any results since working with Olesya? Sounds like fun. Hope it's going well for you so far!

Debbie-
I have not lost or gained. The nutrition/weight plan was a setting point to get my metabolism working a certain way and to put muscle on so I will look really nice when I lean out. I started to freak out a bit last week b/c I had not lost anything, but now we will start kicking this body into shape. I just have to remember this when I am tempted to eat something that is not on the plan......

Theresa

Will you still be bulking next month or do you know?

Any idea what kind of changes you will be doing?

Yes I am still bulking. My next competition is May 22 so I'm thinking I will continue to bulk through February. I lean out pretty quickly but it also depends on how much weight I will have gained. I'm currently at my pre-contest weight (145#) and holding. I also know Olesya will be upping my carbs and I'm HOPING adding in a second cheat meal! So I still have two more months to build some muscle! I have no idea what Olesya has in store for me but I'm sure it will be a good....they always are! :)

That is quite awhile to be bulking. I am sure that you will come out even more cut. Gosh, 145 seems like a lot to me and you look so tiny. You can tell it is all muscle. You are doing a great job following Olesya's plans.

Adding, after reading this again that I really think you look amazing and that I wish I didn't get so worried about putting on weight. It is a poor mindset for me and hinders my progress. I hope you weren't offended by my comment because it isn't meant that way that way at all.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.