Hardcore Check in December 10,2009 Thursday

WD

Cathlete
Today's workout will be cardio and yoga/stretching. I have lots of running in and out the door to do today and this evening. Slept in a little later too because I am trying to fight off something and I have 2 grandchildren with strep throat and my dd has laryngitis:eek:

Linda, I will get the rest of Insanity, but I will probably wait till after Christmas. Besides, I have Shock Cardio and Tracey's new Kickboxing coming. So I am sure I will be busy for awhile checking those out.

Today was X-Stretch and I loved it. One hour of stretching. My body is so tight it isn't even funny. I had a hell of a time with some of the stretches. Felt better about half way into it, but still very tight. I really wish I had time to do this workout about twice a week. It would benefit me so much.

DianeSue - Take care of yourself with all the illness around. I am looking forward to Shock Cardio & Tracey's new one as well.

Debbie
- I loved X-Stretch too and like you I was thinking how can I do this 3X every week. Because I certainly do need it. I am as flexible as a board.

Did X Stretch today and loved it. I would much rather do X Stretch than Yoga X any day. Can I do that?

Did X Stretch today and loved it. I would much rather do X Stretch than Yoga X any day. Can I do that?

I was wondering that myself, actually. I think the point of yoga is you are still doing strength exercises. With stretching it's just - well - stretching. So to answer you, I don't think it would be an equivelant workout to yoga but I say if that is what your body wants you to do, do it.

Morning Maniacs-

Ugh....did not hear my alarm at all this AM. Planned on getting up early to add yoga on.....but that didn't happen. I was not in the mood to work out. It's very cold here. I did Rev Abs Cardio followed by part of Shape Get Lean cardio. I didn't really enjoy my workout. Max HR was only 153. Cardio was 63" with stretch and I burned 648 calories. The Rev Abs guy really ANNOYED the heck out of me this morning with all of his Uh-huh's and his personality is just weird. He calls himself the "Dues Collector" at one point.....like pay up your fitness dues.....WTF???

Oh well.............and it doesn't help that I have a long ....long day ahead of me at work. Stressed about work a bit, as someone at Estee Lauder lost her job yesterday for not making her numbers. I HATE hearing that. Business has been pretty slow for the Season.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb -yes..saw your post on the book. I ordered it yesterday. Hope it helps me.

ETA: Here's the link for Beachbody's newest program - Brazilian Butt Lift Program -- which I just ordered for Christmas. Hope this is what I expected from Rev Abs. It is supposed to be Capoiera inspired.

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=brazildeluxekit

Last edited:
It has been a busy morning. Adding to things, I took my dog to the vet because she tore off her dew claw. They had to keep her and put her out to cauterize it. Mudd is never calm when we go in there. Today there was a cat sitting in the window and when we got inside there were 3. She wanted to go after them. Thinking I might have to go to the other vet in town because I find that pretty stressful. I have to pick her up and bring her back before I go pick up my grandchildren from school.
Workout was 4 Day Split double cardio no stretch 53 minutes 474 calories, followed by Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Surge Kickbox only mix 28 minutes burning 193 calories. I finished off with Kickbox Surge Fusion Stretch forwarding past the w/up 19 minutes 80 calories
icon_surprised.gif

Total calories burned was 747, workout was 1 hr 42 minutes, Max HR was 161, 32 minutes in my zone.

:confused:Linda and Debbie, I think X Stretch is a really good stretch workout that covers everything. Sometimes I have split it because the first part starts at upper body and the second hits lower.

Linda, there are some yoga moves in X Stretch but like Debbie says I don't think you get the strength benefit from really holding some of those poses and all of those down dogs. I suppose you could do part of Yoga X and then do half of X Stretch on your yoga day. Just a thought. BTW I believe Tracey's Yoga Solutions post cycleing segment doesn't have any down dogs in it.

Lora, I have looked at the Brazillian Butt workout but I think I will wait till reviews are out. I really thought that Rev Abs would be good. I don't want to spend money just to be disappointed. Beach Body doesn't give that good of deals anyway. I did see today the Total Fitness has the workouts I purchased without the Recovery drink:confused:

I need to get some things done. Had my 1/2 serving of recovery drink with 1/2 scoop protein powder this morning. Baked some butternut squash and veggies for the Clean Eating Cookbook Roasted Butternut Squash soup. That is lunch along with a salad and half can of tuna. Dinner will be turkey breast tenderloin which I have in the slow cooker. Have to feed the grandchildren and be out the door by 5:15 for an orchestra production my grandson is in.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - Those sports drills sound like fun. I like stuff like that. I think thats why I like Plyo X so much. Most of the stuff in it is sport-type drills. I hope your dog is ok. I can relate to going to the vets as being stressful. My Spaz hates the vets. I hope he doesn't need to go any time soon! Nice workouts my dear! And thanks for the suggestion about doing Yoga X and XStretch. Great idea!

Linda - No, I never got the Instyler. I read things about how bad it is for the hair because it gets so hot and the rotating brushes just tears your hair apart. So I decided to get the curly side of my head straightened. I love it and don't have to worry about it for a few more months. Its worth the money to me because I just can't stand styling my hair. And I like Diane Sue's suggestion about doing a half hour of Yoga X and then a half hour of XStretch. I might do that next week. Looking forward to the 2nd phase! :eek:

Lora - I'm glad you ordered that book, I sure hope it can help you. Hope your day goes fast!

Hey maniacs. Hope all has been well. I had good intentions to post more consistently but well....life happens. It has been busy and the holidays just add to the craziness. I am so excited though....my son Dewitt plays for Oregon...so we are going to the Rose Bowl!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: So psyched!
I did another photo shoot and posted a new album. It was done about 2 weeks before my comp in October. So I'm preparing for the 2010 season. I plan to do 3 competitions next year and then I think I will be done (but ya never know!) I am on week 7 of my bulking plan with Olesya. Can't believe I still get DOMS each week after the leg workout....but that's a good thing...means I'm working it! I am seeing some gains and I'm happy with my progress. Will start a new training program in January. Still 2.5 more months of bulking.

Theresa...how's you training/diet coming along w/ Olesya?
Diane Sue...sorry about your doggie :(. Hope he's ok. Jake looovveees going to the vet. He thinks it's play time!
Lora....I feel for ya being in retail during the holidays.
Debbie and Linda....sounds like you guys are enjoying P90X after all. :)

Debbie, Total Fitness has the Insanity's that I bought for 44.99 without the recovery drink. You get a cardio workout with the Insane abs as well as the upper and sports drills. I think that they are all good and there is no problem learning coreography either. Well, Mudd was still groggy when I picked her up. She even sniffed a cat in the face without barking. Was glad to get her home. She is still wobbly. Bumps into chairs and stuff.

Sonya, You look incredible.. Great pics. You are going tohave so much fun going to the Rose Bowl:D

Got to head back out. I will check back later.

Sonya, great pics! You are clearly very dedicated.

Well, I guess this is just the time of year when it's harder to get the workouts in and post. Finals time is always like that, but especially fall term because there's the added time drain of Christmas. There will definitely be no workout for tomorrow, for example, because of teaching and bf's work Christmas party. It should be fun though; I got a cute dress and some accessories yesterday.

Yesterday's workout was All Pump it's definitely more intermediate and only 40 minutes, but it's good for days when I know I need to take it a little easy. Yesterday was definitely such a day.

Today I went to yoga class. Really good workout. Yes, regarding earlier posts about stretching vs yoga, there's definitely a lot of strength work in yoga with your arm balances, for example. And then of course with the sun salutations, all those chatarangas, or how ever you spell it. You also get leg work with the warriors. I'm going to try to start going twice a week after the new year, but I think I'll have to start going somewhere closer to home to make that feasible.

Diane Sue - What did they have to do for Mudd? Did he need stitches or something? Poor little guy. :(

Hermia - I was wondering where you've been. It is a busy time of year. If I didn't work, I'd never post. LMAO!!! Nice going on your workouts!

I am looking forward to Shock Cardio. Finished Insanity and now doing maybe an Insanity-P90X rotation. Is everyone finished Christmas shopping? I need ideas for my 18 year old daughter, I got her Vera Wang Princess perfume and I cannot buy her clothes, our tastes are different. Maybe thinking of a new phone bit any ideas welcome.

Debbie, they put Mudd out and cauterized the area where she tore off her claw. The vet said it may grow back but it may be odd shaped. I know it was bothering her but the claw was still there at first. She jumped up on my granddaughter when we came in and started yelping. I think she tore it loose more. Then yesterday it was just gone. LOL I know Mudd sounds to ugly to be a girl name. The Vet's assistant and office receptionist calls her a he. I bought her a collar with pink flowers. Maybe I should buy one with some Bling:D The grandchildren named her.

Hermia, I haven't done that Amy workout in a long time. I know that there are some good premixes on it and I liked the weight work. Yes it is more intermediate.

Roselyn, Shock cardio and P90X sounds like a perfect combination. You can sub the cardios with Shock cardio. No, I would never have bought my dd's clothes at that age. I hate gift cards. They seem so meaningless. Although I love gift cards. Then I can stress over what I want most to spend it on. Can you buy her a great purse or some boots? I guess boots are kind of like clothes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.