Hardcore Check in August 7,2009 Friday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started since I am on here:) I think that I am going to do Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness Strength total body mix and try kettlebell swings during the active rests. Our concrete is going to be poured this morning and we are having our family dinner this evening. I am making enchiladas.

Good morning ladies. I'm finding it too difficult to do a daily check in right now. I am going to have to bow out from the check in until things settle down. It would have worked out for me if I could have posted from my blackberry, but I can't access the site properly.

I'm still plugging away with CLX, and today is a cardio day. I think I'm going to pull out my old Brazilian dance workout this morning. I haven't done this one in a long time.

Have a great day, everybody!!!

Angelica

MIS upper body done! I had to take DS down with me- used the portable DVD player and snacks to bribe him into being quiet(ish). It mostly worked- had to pause a few times to make sure he stayed out of the way. But hey, he's two, so I think it went pretty well.

Diane Sue: Did you preorder the new KCM DVDs? The clips look good, especially the plyo stuff.

Angelica: Check in when you can, no pressure! Good luck with CLX.

Gotta go- parents coming over and we're going to the park for a picnic and to feed the fish.

I finished my workout. I started with Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness weights doing the w/up and active w/up then both workouts doing kettlebell swings during the low cardio srgments (the last round I counted 90 swings in 2 minutes so I guess you would multiply that by 6? I finished off with the abs and stretch since the stretch is brief. I burned 502 calories, then I did Rumble combo#1 and all heavy bag segments, put in Amys KBX and did the heavy bag bonus, abs, stretch. I finished off with Rumble stretch. Total calories burned was 944. I was getting a kick out of the concrete guys. They are playing country music and every once in awhile I hear someone burst out in song :lol:

Angelica, sorry you can't check in. Maybe you could just post once in awhile.

Patti, I was hoping to preorder Kelly's today. I only want the cardio one with plyo and the muscle definition one. I don't think I would like the bodyweight one.

Today was Week 2, Meso 1, Disc 4 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I previewed this workout last night and could not wait to do it. I was able to do ALL the pushups Cathe did, exactly how she did them except for the ones where she has her toes up on the SB. I just can't balance myself so I kept the tops of my feet on the ball. I'm not a big pushup fan, but she must do all these for a reason. I wish she'd do more dumbbell presses but I'm thinking that's coming in furture workouts.

Nice balance of exercises, I loved every one of them. The bow & Arrow w/Band was cool. Really felt those.

I don't have time to key in my weights. I may come back in later and do that.

Pushups Drop sets - 14
Pushups Drop Sets - 12
Pushups Drop Sets - 10
Pushups Drop Sets - 8
Pushups Drop Sets - 6
(10 second rest between each drop set)
Standing Upright Rows (barbell) - 15
Alternatating Standing Curls - 15
Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) - 15
Seated Rear Flys into Band Pulls - 15
Bonus Band Pulls - 15
Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell) - 15
Stability Ball Pushups- Ball at hips,knees, feet - each position 8 reps
Functional Overhead Press (Rt & LF) then Front raise - 7
Barbell Curls with Band Attached - 15
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball - 20
Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell) - 6
Seated Concentration Curls 1.5's (dumbbell) - 12
Straddle Pushups - 18
Side Leaning Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - 15
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell) - 16
Chest Flys (Flat Bench) (dumbbell) - 15
Seated Overhead Press (dumbbell) - 15
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball One Arm (dumbbell) - 15
Core Pushups - boot camp style - 16 (LOVED these!)
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell) - 12
Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 16
Staggered Pushups - 16
Bow & Arrow w/ Band - 19 (VERY cool exercise!)
Hammer Curl Double Arm (dumbbell) - 15
Pushups 21's - 21
Standing Barbell Front Press - 21
Barbell Curl Narrow Grip - 21

Yesterday was BM2 bootcamp premix-workout was 60 min burned 856 calories. I also wore my heart rate monitor when I took my dog for a walk and I burned 120 walking her :) I had no idea. Today is my birthday, so I worked out a lot yesterday to make up for all the free meals I'm allowing myself today. Also, my sis closes on her house today and we will be moving her all evening. That counts as exercise right?

Great workouts everyone.
Theresa

Happy birthday Theresa!! Cake does NOT count on your birthday, so enjoy. I remember this year doing all of Low Max instead of the premix my rotation called for in preparation of cake. :)

Diane Sue: I wasn't going to get the body weight one but I caved. :) I like the idea of having a few no weight leg workouts for rotations where I work my legs more often.

Happy birthday Theresa!! Enjoy your time with your sister. I have been surprised sometimes wearing my hrm how many calories I can burn with flexibility/stretching workouts.

Patti, I preordered the two. I may be sorry I did not order the other dvd. Really I like KM leg drills and some others like that. I did wear ankle weights for that one at the start. I guess unless something is really burning I don't feel like I am working.

Happy Birthday, Theresa! Hope the moving goes well; moving is so exhausting! that's why I haven't posted or worked out regularly for the last couple of weeks. We've been moving three households into the new place and finally, as of a few days ago, I got my workout room clear enough to use. My bf is going to be setting up a tv and dvd player in there, but so far I've just used my lap top. I am so relieved to finally be getting back into things. It is hard, though, because now that I'm living with people other than myself, I think more about making decent dinners, and that takes time. Here's what workouts I"ve done this week:

Tuesday: 3 sections from Tracey's Core Blast and Gym Style Legs standing

Thursday: Muscle Max abs and then the upper body push/pull premix

Friday: Yoga class (1.5 hours)

Happy Birthday, Theresa!

Debbie
- I loved the Bow & Arrows too!

Just a quick check in due to the hour. Spent the day at the beach with family and niece & nephew. Did CC2 revised outside this morning. Boy, I suck at running. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 400 calories (well, actually 399 but I refuse to write that!:p)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.