HArdcore Check in August 11,2009 Tuesday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would start this. I am doing cardio and abs today. Probably some extra stretching. Had a lousy night's sleep so I am procrastinating. Maybe after some coffee.....

Today was cardio so I chose Cardio Coach Press Play. Had a great workout. My HRM was acting up but I think it's because it's so humid. Even though we have our A/C on, when it's actually not on it gets stuffy in my workout room. It kept going to Touch mode, thinking I was placing my fingers on the touch screen. I had dh turn the air on and that seemed to stop the problem. Either that or it needs a new battary.

Anyways, did well with this workout. Was a puke status workout.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 8 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
24 minutes in zone
37 minutes above zone
549 calories burned
4 miles travelled

I want to work my abs when I get home from work. I hope I don't forget to do them.

Diane Sue - I'm sure you'll have a kick ass workout! You always do!

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Hi/Lo Med Ball with Tracey Staehle. Workout was 60" and I burned 620 calories. I was a bit sore and fatigued this morning. Didn't push as hard as I could have. I think I'm becoming somewhat of a cardio wimp...especially since I've been doing so much of circuit/weights for cardio and not straight cardio that much.

I'm still having major problems with my foot and my neck/back pain. I work 9 hours today too! Joy. On the flip side, at least I have a job....so I should quit complaining.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - is your Sportline HRM strapless? I saw those online, but you needed to take to a jeweler to replace battery...so I wasn't interested. I will probably get that Impulse I posted about in 6-8 months when they update it to include percentage levels.

No, mine isn't strapless. And no, you don't have to take it to a jeweler to change the battery. I've replaced mine a couple times already. Polar's are the only HRM's I know that you have to either send back to Polar for them to change it, or take it to a jeweler.

Debbie, my hrm is a Polar F11.

I've heard good things about this model. I never did try it because I was so frustrated with the other two Polar's I had.

I haven't really looked to see if it was mentioned, but was wondering if anyone else wonders how Cathe and crew are going to rehearse and film Shock Cardio when they are going on this Egglands Best tour??

I wondered that, as well, Diane Sue. How can they do all this and still produce workouts?

I keep forgetting to tell you all how sore I've been. Today my shoulders, back and tri's are screaming at me. My biceps are still sore too. The only part that hasn't been sore is my chest. I know a lot of people said they didn't get sore with Meso 1, but I am. Big time! :eek:

DD came early to get the children and stayed for lunch. She spent time on my computer putting things on her PTO wish list for her class while we were talking. Teachers put so much out of their own pockets into their classes.
Workout was treadmill for 3.25 miles and I burned 307 calories. Had a hard time getting my HR up today. Then I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to Fitness Kickbox Knockout Mix and Bonus abs 67 minutes and burned 483 calories. I finished off with STS weights and plates abs and Amy's 10 minute solution tone trouble zones stretch with the band. Total calories burned today was 885.
I have to leave in a bit and go sit with my granddaughter who had the wisdom teeth removed while her Dad takes her sister to tutering.

I thought I would start this. I am doing cardio and abs today. Probably some extra stretching. Had a lousy night's sleep so I am procrastinating. Maybe after some coffee.....

DianeSue
- You and me both, except for me it has been two nights in a row. Sure hope we get sleep tonight!

I keep forgetting to tell you all how sore I've been. Today my shoulders, back and tri's are screaming at me. My biceps are still sore too. The only part that hasn't been sore is my chest. I know a lot of people said they didn't get sore with Meso 1, but I am. Big time! :eek:

Debbie - I got very sore with Meso 1.:D

This morning I did DM scrambled cardio premix, workout was 51 minutes and burned 426 calories. Then late morning took what was leisurely 50 minute walk to me, with my client and burned 179 calories . And this afternoon I came home and hopped on the treadmill and did 3.75 miles in 55 minutes and burned 454 calories. Today's total 1059.:D

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for the short post, just wanted to report my workout. I did S&H Legs, followed by PH Legs and then the floor work from B&G. Debbie, you might just be an evil genius to follow up S&H legs with PH legs- good night woman! Anyway, let's just say it was a gooood workout. :eek:

Later girls!

Hello all - sorry I have been MIA!

Diane Sue and Linda - I haven't been sleeping well either. Must be something with the universe, huh?

I have been lifting heavy the last two weeks and have been doing quite good! I have dropped 5 lbs and think it is mostly fat! I began working at a personal training facility part time and that has inspired me a bit. The trainer they have me shadowing is a young guy who is into body building. He reminds me of my nephew. Anywho, it is fun. I am still doing my grant administration job also.

Hope you all are well. Take care.

Hello!

Linda, just wondering, are you a personal trainer? I think that would be a fun job.

Yesterday I did the advanced "Stressed Out" premix from Yoga for Your Moods, and then today was Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp, which I havent done for quite a while. It's a fun workout. Kind of a little bit of everything. I don't have a body bar, though (I have a firm sculpting stick somewhere, but don't know where), so I subbed dumbbells for those parts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.