Hard Strikes Heavy Bag Tabatas!!

katrina_lynn

Ok, so I don't post all that often, but I just finished the Hard Strikes premix that adds on the 3 heavy bag tabatas. It is awesome! For those of you that don't have a heavy bag and boxing gloves, I think it's worth getting one just for this! There is just nothing more satisfying than punching the crap out of something and getting a good workout in at the same time! Love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cathe, thank you sooooo much for adding on this bonus!

Ok, so I don't post all that often, but I just finished the Hard Strikes premix that adds on the 3 heavy bag tabatas. It is awesome! For those of you that don't have a heavy bag and boxing gloves, I think it's worth getting one just for this! There is just nothing more satisfying than punching the crap out of something and getting a good workout in at the same time! Love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cathe, thank you sooooo much for adding on this bonus!

I'd love to have the space for a heavy bag. I look at this workout (and the MMA Boxing bonus) and drool. Sometimes you DO feel like making contact and actually hitting something! :eek: (And I'm among the least violent people I know! I don't even like to argue.)

I use my husbands heavybag. I didn't think we had the space, but he has an old fashion one that hand from the ceiling. So we put it more in the corner of the room and it's never in the way. It's great, but I looks like the one that Cathe uses is softer than ours, so I'm a little more careful when hitting it. At least until I get more use to it.

I'd love to have the space for a heavy bag. I look at this workout (and the MMA Boxing bonus) and drool. Sometimes you DO feel like making contact and actually hitting something! :eek: (And I'm among the least violent people I know! I don't even like to argue.)

Haha! I'm a pretty non-violent person too. In fact most people that know me would probably find it amusing to think of me using a punching bag!

I will have to try this out. got a heavy bag for Christmas. Hubby was great got one just like Cathe's.

Rhonda

I'm so excited to have another heavy bag bonus. I love the one on MMA Boxing. This HB tabata is sooo much fun!

I don't have a heavy bag eitrher so I wedged my stability ball on a chair up against the wall and used that.

What a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to try this. I hope the ball doesn't come loose and come after me though. :)

I did this one tonight and don't a heavy bag (at least not yet) but did it without one. I just gave it 100% and it was awesome.

I wonder if Cathe has thought about doing an entire heavy bag video? :)

new to the mma and .... so loveing the heavy bag tabatas, but is there a reason for not having kicking to heavy bag in the routine. just curious, I thought there was and thought how releaseing it might be kick instead or with punching?

So I just did this today for the second time. I do the Hard Strikes workout as is and then add on the 3 heavy bag tabatas. It brings the workout to about 1 hour which is perfect for me. I think this is the closest to a "true" tabata workout that I have ever gotten. In the tabatas in Crossfire and To the Max, I always seem to hold a little back and not go all out for some reason. Well today, I really truly did go all out with these tabatas and loved it! The back fists at the end of the 3rd tabata are just so much fun. I just feel so powerful! And I can't even imagine how many calories it must burn. So happy that Cathe added this segment!!!!

.. I have tall radiators propped a pillow cased stuffed with a regular pillow and other small pillows and sit on top of the radiator. I tied the bottom with a long piece of material and it worked fine. I now have a unit called BAS, or Body Action System that is similar to a heavy bag but has a separate torso and head. I love it. I like it because it is portable... it does need sandbags to weight it down, but that's not a problem for me. Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out:

BAS Body Action System - Bas Rutten Workout

The price was $325.00 not much less than the Wavemaster that Cathe uses. I like the one she uses, but I wanted something that I could move or fold up and store if needed.

I love Cathes Hard Strike tabata heavy bag workout, I did it today and it was awesome. I also have her MMA Boxing and love the heavy bag workout on that one. I also have the Addiction workouts and Amy Bento's, Rumble, she also has 3 heavy bag workouts on her dvd, workouts 1 - 3.

.. I have tall radiators propped a pillow cased stuffed with a regular pillow and other small pillows and sit on top of the radiator. I tied the bottom with a long piece of material and it worked fine. I now have a unit called BAS, or Body Action System that is similar to a heavy bag but has a separate torso and head. I love it. I like it because it is portable... it does need sandbags to weight it down, but that's not a problem for me. Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out:

BAS Body Action System - Bas Rutten Workout

The price was $325.00 not much less than the Wavemaster that Cathe uses. I like the one she uses, but I wanted something that I could move or fold up and store if needed.

I love Cathes Hard Strike tabata heavy bag workout, I did it today and it was awesome. I also have her MMA Boxing and love the heavy bag workout on that one. I also have the Addiction workouts and Amy Bento's, Rumble, she also has 3 heavy bag workouts on her dvd, workouts 1 - 3.

How do you like the addiction workouts? And Rumble? That's the only Amy MMA I don't have. I didn't know she had a heavy bag section on that DVD . Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.