Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Mon April 18

Today I worked back, bis, and abs (supreme 90 core dynamics) , and did the leg conditioning from lower intensity.

Warm up
Lat pull downs with band 12 reps
tpull with band 12 reps
Y's 12 reps
pull ups 12 reps
chin ups 12 reps
chin ups 12 reps

barbell rows, 12, 10 8 reps 50#

one arm row 25, 27, 30# (Double wave) 12, 10, 8, 12, 10, TF

Deadlifts 75# 12, 10, 8 reps

barbell curl (Double Wave) 30, 32, 34#

Incline curls both arms, 20# 12, 10 TF

Reverse dumbbell curl 14# 12, 10, 8

Meals so far:

M1: oatmeal, fruit, some protein powder

Haven't worked out since Friday. Just didn't feel like it. TTOM and I had bad cramps and a headache all weekend. Still not 100%.

Today was total body with the dreaded 18 reps. Good God I hate 18 reps. Had an ok workout.

2 sets/18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set.

Leg Extensions - 50#
Hammer Curls - 17's
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension - 12's
Lateral Raise - 11's
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes - 25's
Double Arm Rows - 25's

Hey Maniacs,

Long time. Sorry I've disappeared, but I guess since my surgery I haven't felt much like a maniac. The ache is gone, but lifting still causes quite a bit of pain. Can't do much more than 10 for shoulders and 25 for back, and that's even tough. Need to take a break from lifting this week as there has been pain just reaching for things in the past few days, guess I pushed too hard. Most days I feel like I will never be able to do a push up again.

Anyway, Kelley Coffey-Meyers 30 minutes to fitness have been my go to workouts.

Roselyn - Excellent workout! Wow! I am impressed! Is that a workout by Tony - the guy who does the P90X workouts?

Linda - Good to see you again! I don't understand why your shoulder is still in so much pain? Has the doctor said anything to you about it? It's been almost, what, 8 months since the surgery? I think? Shouldn't it be 100% by now? I'm so sorry you can't do what you want to do with lifting, I know how frustrating that must be. I hope you continue to check in, though. You will always be a maniac to us! :)

Not much rest last night. I got to bed late and was woke by dh calling at 12:30 am. He forgets that it is 91/2 hours later there. Anyway my allergies were acting up after doing yard stuff all day in the wind. Bad headache this morning too. I think some is from looking up painting the ceiling.
Today I started with Iron Core Kettlebell Express 21 min. 122 cal, Max hr 138. I then did Urban Rebounding Extreme metabolic workout with Greg Sims Metabolic cardio and Yogic Intervals, 51 min, 366 cal, max hr 155. (there was very little yoga in this at all, lots of overhead stuff with light weights and jumping with light weights. Warm up was a lot of push ups) I then did the Urban Rebounder compilation 2 Hip Hop segment that came with the rebounder 14 min and 90 calories. Since today was supposed to be Supreme 90 Cardio Challenge day 52. I did it withought the w/up or str, 31 min, 241 cal,max hr 166. I finished off with Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions post cycle mix 13 min 44 cal. Total workout time was 2 hr 11 min and calories burned was 843.
DD is on her way over with the things for the new grandbaby since I start watching him Thursday:)

Linda, it is so good to have you back. You have been missed. Kelly Coffey is not necessarily an easy workout. I like Kelly's workouts. You just have to give yourself lots of time. One of the surguries I had left me not able to do hanging leg raises or pull ups for over a year without discomfort.

Roselyn, you had quite the workout today:D Great job!

Debbie, I wasn't sure when I got up this morning if I wanted to workout. So tired and achey from all of my weekend work activities, but I managed a good one this morning once I got moving. Great work on the 18 reps even though you dislike them:D

Hi Linda, nice to see you! I'm sorry you're not feeling 100%...that must be frustrating. I hope you are continuing to heal well.

Tax day has drained most of my energy, but I did a late night workout, the upper body and abs from STS Total Body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.