HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR JULY 13

Today was a leg and ab workout. Did not eat too good this weekend. Got to get back on track. St. Louis is a buzz here with the All-Star game and activites the next 2 days!!

M1- protein shake w/berries
M2- protein shake w/berries
M3-salad w/chicken (or tuna) with veggies
M4-apple w/peanut butter
M5-chicken breast, asparagus
M6-??

Morning! I did L&G today and then did the Sporty Step segment from Mindy Mylrea's Cardio Toolbox. Good stuff.

Roselyn: Weekends are tough- menu looks very clean today.

Linda: How did those push ups go? It's evil the way they are sequenced in some of those meso one workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning all! Today was cardio and I chose Amy's Kickbox Extreme. Not a great workout, but it was fun none-the-less. Her combos were easy to catch on, along with her intervals. The intervals were easy, though. My HR didn't get above 148 bpm with this workout. But I liked it and will do it again.

There are 5 combo's and intervals. All very fun. Of course the last combo had spinning back-kicks in it. I didn't get it at all. I will get these, though. I am determined.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 1 min. total
4 minutes below zone
45 minutes in zone
11 minutes above zone
465 calories burned

BBL!!!

Morning Maniacs -

I'm having a bad morning. Have been up since 3:30 AM with severe cramps and bleeding. I'm scheduled for surgery on Thursday and I just got off the phone with the nurse and she asked me if I wanted to cancel my surgery on Thursday!! WTF??

Anyway, I managed to get somewhat of a workout in. I did Tracy Mallet's Firm It. It wasn't that difficult and I was a bit rushed because of the bad morning I'm having....but at least I did something. Workout was 60" and I burned 411 calories...but I don't feel that "worked".

I work 11-8:30 today, so I'm off to eat breakfast.

Have great workouts everyone.

On a side note - is anyone here watching the show Daisy of Love on VH1?

Hey Maniacs!!!

Been on vacation and then was busy catching up with cleaning and such. Today I am starting P90X Classic Rotation and eating on a phase 2 plan. I just think I need my fruit so the phase 1 does not allow for fruit. Fruit is just too good for us to go without, imo. Never hurt me before..have some in the morning though with my protein. Had a blast on vacation. Will upload some pictures tomorrow. I have alot of them.

Lora,

What did the doctor say about your condition? I wasn't here and might have missed something. Was just worried about you and thinking of you.

This morning I did Amy's APX lower body with the multi joint and core work. Then I did Christi Taylor's Ultimate Cardio Core core and stretch with a 10# med ball. This hit lower body some more as well, I also added in 10 min solution rapid results pilates buns and thigh segment(I felt this was almost a waste of time) Total calories burned today was 629. I am going to go buy some new collars for my ez curl bar. The weight plates want to fall off because the collars I have slide off. My eating was pretty good most of the weekend except Saturday evening. We had a friend take us to dinner at a local restaurant called Chicken and Chops(need I say more?) They added pizza to their menu which is what he wanted us to try. The rest of the menu is all fired green beans, okra, corn all fried:eek:
They do have a salad bar but since we weren't buying I didn't get it.
I wonder what happened to Sonya and Dallys. Does anyone here know?

Charlotte, good to have you back. Looking forward to seeing your vacation pics.

Lora, good for you getting a workout in with all of that going on. Sorry you are having problems.

Debbie, I like the heavybag segment on the end of KBX. I can burn quite a few calories doing it. I generally will do it twice though as it is kind of short.

Morning Ladies! How is everyone.

Today I did upper body.

Triceps station dips 3 x 10
triceps band press downs 3 x 10
biceps curl on bosu 12# 3 x 10
concentration curls 10# 3/10
lateral raises 3x10
upright row 3x10
push ups 1/12/10

that was it for today. Yesterday I did ply legs and really like it.

Debbie, I like the heavybag segment on the end of KBX. I can burn quite a few calories doing it. I generally will do it twice though as it is kind of short.

Heavy Bag segment? Are you sure it's on this DVD, Diane Sue? There were 5 combo's and intervals and then the cool down. I didn't see anything on this workout about heavy bag. ????

Char - Hi girl! Good to have you back! Missed you!!!

Lora - Why would the nurse want to cancel your appointment? What an idiot. Nice job getting a workout in despite how you were feeling.

Dallys - weird you asked about those two b/c I was thinking of them just last night, wondering. Nothing from Suz either. I even emailed her and have heard nothing.

Lora - sorry you are dealing with all of this. Seems the nurse would want to push the date up rather than cancel. I can't believe you still got a workout in and then are going to work all day. Good for you. You seem to have amazing mental strength - push through, no matter what.

Char - I have pondered P90X too. Need to find the various rotations online. It is definitely time to hit the weights.

Today is a rest day for me. I feel really good after yesterday and will want to do something (and very well may but I will keep it easy). Then I want to get started seriously on weights again. I have a big ride coming up Sunday so I am going to focus on legs early in the week (tomorrow I guess) so they can recover.

Happy Monday, Everyone!!

Linda: How did those push ups go? It's evil the way they are sequenced in some of those meso one workouts.

Patti - Sometimes I hate that woman and her endless pushups. :confused: That many really isn't good for my carpal tunnel.:confused:

Lora - Nice job on doing a workout when you didn't feel like it.

Char - Welcome back!

DianeSue - I was wondering the same thing about Dally & Sonya

Okay, today was Disc 4 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and you were suppose to 65% versus 60% for Disc 1. I love my Pace Weights!

I did the warm up from Gym Styles Chest & Triceps and actually did the drop sets of pushups along with her on that dvd.

Pushups Drop Sets - 14/12/10/8/6
Standing Upright Rows (barbell) - 40#/15
Alternatating Standing Curls - 20's/16 alt + 4 dble arm (need to go up here)
Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) 22's/15 (up 2#)
Seated Rear Flys into Band Pulls - 12's/15 (up 2#)
Bonus Band Pulls Blue/15
Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell) 20's/12 (up 5# and was too much failed at 12 reps and was suppose to be 15)
Stability Ball Pushups- Ball at hips,knees, feet - 24
Functional Overhead Press (Rt & LF) then Front raise 10's/7
Barbell Curls with Band Attached 35# + Blue/15
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball - 20
Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell) 12's/6 (up 2#)
Seated Concentration Curls 1.5's (dumbbell) 22#/12 (up 2#)
Straddle Pushups - 18
Side Leaning Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - 10#/15 (up 2#)
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell) - 20's/20 (up 5#)
Chest Flys (Flat Bench) (dumbbell) - 25's/15 (up 5#)
Seated Overhead Press (dumbbell) - 17's/15 (up 2#)
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball One Arm (dumbbell) - 20#/15 (up 5#)
Core Pushups - boot camp style - 16
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell) 20#/12 (up 5#)
Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 15's/16 (up 3#)
Staggered Pushups - 24
Bow & Arrow w/ Band - Blue
Hammer Curl Double Arm (dumbbell) 20's/15
Pushups 21's
Standing Barbell Front Press - 30#/21
Barbell Curl Narrow Grip 40#/21

Last edited:
Sonya and Dallys have been on the boards, just not here.

And Teddygirl and Suz haven't even been on the boards since June. Hope they are doing okay.

Debbie, scroll down to KBX and it will show you that there is a 6 minute heavy bag power up bonus segment.
http://www.nrgfitness.net/products.html

Linda, I don't read the other boards to often so I am sure I missed them there.

I remember Teddy not feeling well. I hope she is ok.

Just got home from work........Ugh...what a long freakin' day! The doctor finally called something in to stop my bleeding, but said it would cause cramps and I'm supposed to go off my Advil due to my upcoming surgery, so I opted not to take it. I hope I slow down tomorrow.

Maybe this is TMI - but I called the doc this AM cuz w/ the bleeding, I was having clots and the nurse said "as long as they aren't football size, you're okay". WTF??? I'd pass out if I had a football size one!

Toasty - I'm having a biopsy of my endometrial lining/cervix on Thursday, as I've been having TTOTM for 1.5 months and lately it's been heavy. He did an ultrasound in the office back at the end of June which showed thickening of my endometrium lining that he said could be consistent with the early stages of cancer.....thus the reason for the biopsy. On a more pleasant note, Papa Roach and Nickelback concert is Saturday!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.