HARCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES FOR WED 9-23

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM Maniacs-
Yesterday was a run. I ran a total of 25 min with 2 min breaks in between. Total time was 38 min and I burned 675 calories. Today is kcm's new plyo/step workout. Hope everyone has a great morning, I'll be back later to check in if I can.

Theresa

Morning Maniacs -

I work open to close today and tomorrow! Joy.. This morning's workout doesn't even qualify as a workout. I don't even feel like I worked out, nor did my HR elevate remotely. I did Leisa Hart's Sexy Arms & Buns. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 210 calories. I wanted to do something else to make today count as a workout, but I had to go get ready for work. Bummer.

Have great workouts everyone.

So today was Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 18, Back and Biceps. Had an incredible workout. My arms are still hard to lift up. I worked my biceps hard. Back too.

BACK
Warmup:
Lat pulldowns with band - 12 reps/green band
T-Pull with band - 12 reps/green band
Y's with band - 12 reps/green band

Workout:
Close Grip Chins - 12 unassisted
Wide Grip Chinups - 6 unassisted
Wide Grip Chinups - 6 unassisted
***These felt good, especially the wide grip ones. I felt I did well with these.

Barbell Rows - 60#/12 reps
Barbell Rows - 62#/10 reps
Barbell Rows - 62#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 55#/15 reps
***Last set was a back-off set. Love these!

One Arm Horizontal Row - 30#/12 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 30#/10 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 30#/8 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/14 reps
***I think I could have gone heavier here. Should have went with either 32# or 35#.

One Legged Deadlifts - 25#/12 reps each leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 25#/10 reps each leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 25#/8 reps each leg
***I'm glad there were no back-off sets with this. My low back really felt these. In a good way.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl - 50#/12 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 35#/18 reps + Bonus of one up counting 8 and lowering 8.
***Wow, that last set about killed me. I dropped my weight for the curls from 55# to 50# this week. I really struggled last week with 55# and instead of doing bad form, I went lighter. Good weight.

Seated Alternating Curl - 25's/12 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 25's/10 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 25's/8 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 15's/12 reps + bonus which was double arm alternating curls for 8 more reps
***The last back-off set was a killer. and 25's were almost too heavy for me.

Seated Concentration Curls - 20#/12 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 20#/10 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 20#/8 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 12#/17 reps
***These were hard as well. Had to help my arm go up with the first set.

Loved this workout!

I was so tired this morning from coughing all night. I put oatmeal in my coffee and copper eyeliner on my eybrows
icon_eek.gif
I got the workout in. Didn't do much for cardio though. I started out with 10 minute solution kettlebell Ultimate Fat Burner workout leg segment 10 min., then I did STS mesocycle 2 week 1 legs, STS abs with the med ball no partner 15#, and weights and plates using 3# dumbbells and 3# ankle weights, then extended stretch. Calorie burn was 640.
STS legs :
Trisets
squats 36# dumbbells 10 reps
one leg elevated lunge 27# dumbbell 10 reps
deadlift wide stance 36# dumbbells 10 reps
(repeated this triset 2 more times)
static lunge 36# dumbbells 10 reps
plie squats alternating hands 47# 10 reps
one leg slide back lunge with gliding disc 26# dumbbells 10 reps
(repeated this triset 2 more times)
barbell stiff legged deadlift on platform-92# first set 87# last 2 ,10reps
side slide lunge 26# dumbbell 10 reps
squats narrow stance 38.5# dumbbells
(repeat 2 more times)
3 sets 20 reps calf raises on platform 38.5# dumbbell

Debbie, nice workout. If I do 12 reps with 50# I am struggling. I have to be having a real good day to do that.

Theresa, nice quick calorie burn;) Enjoy Kelly's workout today.

Lora, any calories count. It is more the results that you get from the workout that really counts. You rarely take breaks so it was probably just about right for you. Have a good day:)

Diane Sue - Hope that cough goes away soon. Sorry you didn't get much sleep. Nice weights with your workouts. Very strong even though you weren't feeling like it. Nice job!

Linda - Nice job with Stikezone yesterday. I think I might do that one on Saturday. I love that workout. Can't wait for SZ2!

Lora - Thanks for the advice on Absolute KB. I won't give up on it, but it won't be one I reach for often. Like Linda said, it will be good for days that I just don't feel like killing myself. :) Got any new song recommendations?

Last edited:
Morning Ladies - how is everyone!

Today I did an oldie - high step challenge. It was a great workoutand challenged me and I feel like I burned max calories. I remember the first time I did that workout and I was amazed Cathe could speak during it.

Have a great day everyone.

Ally, gret workout! I haven't done that one for a while, but I remember it pretty much slayed me!

No workout yet for me, got lots to do including a run to the grocery store for tonight's dinner. I'll get something in later, though.

I have been running around all day, heck I am still not even home I am at work. But I did Meso 3, Disc 29 Plyo Legs this morning. Workout was 54 minutes and I burned 481 calories. Those plyo workouts are tough! I will post my stats tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.