Happy Hips

Justinef

Cathlete
Has anyone tried Eoin Finn's Happy Hips?
I already do quite a bit of yoga, but would like to concentrate on my hip area. Was googling with a cup of tea and credit card by my side and found Eoin Finn's Happy Hips.......sounds wonderful, but I know that I'll get proper feedback from you lot!
Many thanks,
Justine

I don't know about this specific practice, but I really love the "magically hips" section of Power Yoga for Happiness--it has the best hip work of any yoga I have done. So I'm thinking that anything of his targeted specifically for hips would be amazing!

Hmm . . . I'm going to have to check this out.

Wow ! Thanks so much for posting these . Iv'e never heard of either of them , but I'm loosing flexibility in my hips really fast these days and I work on stretching them daily . The new Karen Voight , " Stretch and Core Conditioning ", has been really great for that , but I still need more . Thanks !

I have both of the eosin Finn DVDs mentioned I prefer the magically hips practice in power yoga for happiness over the pursuit of happy hips although the pursuit of happy hips has some great tips and the practices are fantastic. I just find I don't like the practices as much.

Thank you both! Good to know - I've heard great things about Eoin Finn, but never tried any of his. (He's an ambassador for Lululemon, and I LOVE their clothes). I've been doing the Ultimate Yogi 108 day plan - that's what's alerted me to creaking, aging hips :p
I think 'll get Power Yoga for Hapiness - is it possible to do the 'magically hips' section as a stand-alone practise?
Thank you all!
Justine

Thank you both! Good to know - I've heard great things about Eoin Finn, but never tried any of his. (He's an ambassador for Lululemon, and I LOVE their clothes). I've been doing the Ultimate Yogi 108 day plan - that's what's alerted me to creaking, aging hips :p
I think 'll get Power Yoga for Hapiness - is it possible to do the 'magically hips' section as a stand-alone practise?
Thank you all!
Justine

I checked out the reviews of "Happy Hips" on Amazon. I think I'll stick with my Power Yoga for Happiness--which I LOVE. And, yes, the DVD has "premixes" (for lack of a better term) which are shorter versions of the full practice.

Edited to add the breakdown:
Total Happiness - 80 min.
Magically Hips - 55 min.
Strong, Free and Happy - 53 min.
Daily Dose of Bliss - 40 min.
The Quickie - 30 min.

Last edited:
I just ordered , " Power Yoga for Happiness " and , " The Pursuit of Happy Hips " - I'm so excited ! Today I did the whole hour of , " Stretch Max " , after finishing , " Tabatacise ". It felt like heaven !

I couldn't attempt ANYTHING after tabatacise!
I think I'll get both dvds. I'm just working my way through Ultimate Yogi 108. It leaves me so blissed out.....

I'm an avid Eoin fan :) PHH is an excellent dvd, but PY4H, and "Magically Hips" in particular, is really the gold standard of a hip routine. Having said that, he has free podcasts available to download from iTunes. One is called "Tragically Hips", and I can recommend that one as well (as long as you can follow a yoga practice verbally, without visuals).

Eoin's best work to date is his Blissology Project. I can't recommend it highly enough. I did it as suggested, a routine a day for 6 weeks, and it changed my whole outlook on life.

He has a new dvd coming out in the fall called "Earth-Body Yoga". I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Thank you FiddleFit - I've ordered Happy Hips and Power Yoga - if I manage them I'll get Blissology - I'd quite like to finish Ultimate Yogi first. I know what you mean about it giving you a whole new outlook on life. Everyone keeps asking why I'm so chilled......and that's quite an achievement for me;)

My 'Happy Hips' arrived and I love it! Eoin is great, and I really like how he puts you in the position, explaining everything well. I've only done 2 of the practises on the dvd so far - but already the tension through my hips is subsiding.
Can't wait for Power Yoga for Hapiness to arrive :D
Thanks everyone for the advice,
Justine

I might have to try Happy Hips. I recent bought Karen Voigt's latest stretch/core DVD and the hip/glute stretch section is amazing.

I tried easy street one and liked it but i am afraid to try the other on that disk because if it is harder then easy street I might not be able to do it. I look for flexibility and relaxation and a healing kind of feeling from my yoga not an actual workout. So how is the rest of the workouts on this DVD is?

Hi everyone ,
Yesterday , I finally did one of these workouts ! I have both dvd's , the Power Yoga for Happiness and The Pursuit of Happy Hips , so on Elsie3's recommendation I tried Magically Hips from PY4H . Wow ! I really liked it and felt that although it was challenging , it was still very doable . I was also relieved to find that the flow seemed really intuitive and I didn't have to strain my neck to watch every minute of it . I've gotta say , that for me , those were some of the deepest hip stretches I've ever done - and I loved it ! There was some discomfort even though I backed off a lot - which tells you how badly I need these . I also found Eoin totally charming . I know some people find his , ' sayings ' , goofy or annoying [ on Amazon , at least ] , but I've worked with other instructors where I've burst out laughing during the visualization - and they're being totally serious ... but I'm prone to that , unfortunately ....

Anyway , thank you all for this thread and your recommendations ! I'm so excited to have all of these new workouts to explore and the best part is that last night I was able to sleep on my left side without waking up with hip pain - and that's HUGE !

ETA - now , looking back at these posts , there seems to be a consensus that PY4H 's MH is a favorite among these dvd's . So glad I started with it !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.