Gym Styles

lovebeingfit

I have STS, so I am wondering do I need Gym Styles too?? The price is really good right now, but I hate to spend the money....If you have both, do you still use your Gym Styles?

Gym Styles is a great set of dvds, and will be good to have after you finish your STS rotation. So, no you don't need it while you are doing STS, but they are a highly recommended set for when you are not doing an STS rotation if you want to continue with heavier lifting.

I totally agree with Dela.

The Gym Styles workouts are among my very favorites. The Legs workout is absolutely fabulous. I wouldn't hesitate buying any of these, especially on sale.

I agree that it is totally worth the purchase. The entire Hardcore series was my first big Cathe purchase and all the workouts in it remain my favorite.

I had Gym Styles before STS, and I used it to help prepare myself for STS. It's a great series and I know I'll use it in the future when I'm not doing STS. For all 3 dvd's, the workouts just fly by. Solid stuff and definitely worth a spot in your workout library imo!

Love them! I actually just did the whole series last week (i rotate them in at least every other month) . The weight workouts give you an immediate pump and I love the kickmax and step workouts in that series too!

I am doing a Gym Style rotation right now and LOVE it. This series is the first of Cathe's workouts that I've done. It is worth getting for sure.

I'm going to ask hubby for Meso 2 or 3 for my bday. So, a question for you all...do I need to do M2 first or can I jump into M3 before M2?

I'm in my 3rd week doing the Gym Style workouts right now - I love these. Get them if you can afford them.

I agree. I bought gym Styles years ago and love them. I frequently go to these. Not to confuse you put CTX is also very good for a change of pace.
Cathy

Thank you all for your input. I caved and got them! Can't wait to try them, I have wanted them for a long time, and really don't NEED them because I have lots of other weight workouts, but variety is nice!

I'm definitely considering getting a couple of these -- I already have GS Legs and now I want to get the two upper body dvds. I'm curious though about how you all rotate these dvds, to those who already have them. Would you just do each workout 2x/week? I've been alternating b/w upper (all muscles) and lower every other day and the idea of letting a muscle rest for more than a day just seems unfathomable! But these workouts look awesome and hardcore so I want to give them a shot anyway, my muscles need some shocking. :p

I'm definitely considering getting a couple of these -- I already have GS Legs and now I want to get the two upper body dvds. I'm curious though about how you all rotate these dvds, to those who already have them. Would you just do each workout 2x/week? I've been alternating b/w upper (all muscles) and lower every other day and the idea of letting a muscle rest for more than a day just seems unfathomable! But these workouts look awesome and hardcore so I want to give them a shot anyway, my muscles need some shocking. :p

I usually do each GS 1x week. ie: Moday GS Chest, Wednesday GS legs, Friday GS back and I'll do cardio Tues., Thurs., and sunday. Saturday is my day off...I'll do this for 2 weeks. then go on to something else...

I decided to make March my GS month, so I did Chest & Triceps for the first time today. Amazing!! Halfway through chest, my muscles stopped burning and just went sort of dead. :eek: Triceps weren't nearly as rough; I think maybe I didn't go as heavy as I should have.

Even though the workouts are super intense (20ish minutes per muscle!) I'm kind of reluctant to let the muscles rest for a whole week by doing each dvd 1x/week (which is all I really have time for)...but to those of you who do/have done the GS workouts 1x/week, do you still feel it's effective week after week? If so, I'll feel much better about my workout plan. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.