Gym Style lower back exercises

hedlann

Hi there,
I was doing the back section of the Gym Styles DVD yesterday. The two last exercises are for the lower back and requires you to lay on your stomach. I'm currently 4 months pregnant so I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on other lower back strength moves that doesn't require you to lay on your stomach that you can share with me? thanks for your help :)

Hedlann,
I think you could safely modify the first of these moves (where you lay on the step and raise our legs) by performing this in the hands and knees position, raising one straight or slightly bent leg and the opposite arm at the same time---making sure to really concentrate on using your back to raise the lever of the arm/leg. You could even add wrist/ankle weights if it's not enough resistance.

These aren't perfect substitutions, but should suffice for the remainder of your pregnancy---as long as they still feel comfortable to perform.

Good luck!
Mattea:7

Hi,

I have this workout too and I'm 5 months pregnant. I do exactly as she mentioned for both lower back sets, so for both sets I continue to do the same thing. I'm on the floor on all fours and simply alternate my arm and raised leg, holding them straight out for a count of four...or longer. I try to concentrate, keep my back straight and abs tight. This is a great exercise for us preggo ladies. I've seen it on other pregnancy workouts, so it's definitely safe.

Good luck!

-cg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.