Gym style arms or sts?

Kitterfly

Cathlete
So I have been debating to whether or not to get the two gym style arm dvds or get the 1st sts series? I have done gym legs, butts and gutts, upper and lower body pyramids and muscle max, and the step dvds like low max, lic, and cardio wts amd imax 2, kick punch crunch, drill max , some of the cardio and steps dvds are still very hard so i dont know if Im ready for sts but i feel like i need a better arm dvd i was doing jari love until i got the pyramid upper body but doesnt seem to be cutting it anymore . but dont know if im ready for the gym style arms or sts for that matter. So Far i have lost at least 25 lbs yippee. Do i go for it and try sts #1 :eek: or 1st do the gym style arms? or is there another arms you guys would rec that is inbetween pyamids and gyms?? i still about 20 # t o go Thanks : )angela:D

I'd say get STS, however I'd get the 2nd Mesocycle instead. I personally think Mesocycle 1 is very similar to alot of Cathe's other stuff in terms of it being more endurance oriented. It also contains alot of pushups. Meso 2 is a bit more strength oriented, and I saw my best visible results with Meso 2. It's also divided up by body part instead of grouping the exercises into supersets so if you wanted to split it up even further and do one body part per day that is doable with Meso 2, but not so much with Meso 1. If you're more interested in strictly endurance, I'd opt for Gym Styles instead of Meso 1 and save some money.

I have both and am currently doing a Gym Styles rotation.

It has been awhile since I've done GS, and boy it is tougher than I remember (the rep counts are slow)! I must be getting good at selecting the correct poundage to use because my arms are tired all day long. I'm talking...I still feel muscle fatique at dinner time, and I usually lift weights around 7am. :eek:

I love both GS and STS, and you really can't go wrong with either. However, since GS is on sale now, I say buy that first.

similar question

I have a similar question. I already have STS, but Ive heard how good GS is. Do you think GS is worth it if you already have STS?

I have a similar question. I already have STS, but Ive heard how good GS is. Do you think GS is worth it if you already have STS?

I LOVE Gym Styles. They are traditional weight training moves and they work!

I have STS and Gym Styles.

I am happy to have Gym Style -- I love those 72 pushups in drop sets in the Chest and Triceps DVD.

I have both and use both. I think Gym Styles most resembles Meso 2 in STS.

While I do not have many DOMS during STS Meso One, the Gym Styles always leave me with Doms for a couple of days.

I think GS is worth having. The moves are classic, but the rep counts are intense, making the exercises anything but typical.

thanks for all the info, im excited to try the gym styles now, but i just placed the preorder and hiitt so now i have to wait darn it! but as luck would have it i can across slow and heavy series on vhs all three for 7$, so going to give that a try? why not at this price. Then Ill work my way up to the gym styles so fun,, huh I wonder if cathe puts subliminal messages in her workouts ?? or something cuz she makes you wanna keep at it! 25# down :p thank you cathe

S&H is awesome. It's actually closer to STS Meso 2 since Cathe puts a full minute's rest between sets.

I bought all 3 Gym Styles earlier this week when they went on sale, and they have arrived but I'm committed to finishing a rotation next week, so I'm not going to try Gym Styles for another week. I can't wait, and after reading this thread I'm looking forward to it even more! :D

I did a week of Gym Style in the middle of Meso 2 just so I could compare the two programs. The main difference is that Meso 2 arms seem to work the entire body more. I am always sore not just in the back and biceps, for example, but my abs, legs, and just a total body kind of DOMS, in a pleasant way. Gym Styles gives DOMS in the muscle group only. So I think Meso 2 is burning more calories.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.