GWF people come in please!

Road2ANewMe

Cathlete
I just got my gwf tonight! Love it so far...doesn't even feel like I have anything on my arm! Here is my question:

I put it on and sat on my butt for 2 hours to watch tv. Yes, not good...and now I see that I snack more than I move at night! BUT, my arm band says i've walked 144 steps since i've had it on. How can that be?? I've literally just sat on my butt the past 2 hours!

Jessica

It senses movement in your arm. I guess you got 144 steps for moving your hand from the food to your mouth. Personally I think it over estimates the amount of calorie burn because of that, so I am taking that in account, and I also jacked up my steps because of what you have discovered.

That's not right.
My BodyBugg does not count steps unless I walk. I know, I look at it first thing in the morning. It is zero while I'm sleeping (after midnight) and counts the steps to the bathroom in the morning. The steps are exactly 30.
I would call the support to see what's going on.

Are you sure it wasn't catching up? The digital display has a delay. Is it possible you walked that many steps before you sat down?

Well, i guess it could have been catching up...but I know that I put it on while sitting down. I MIGHT have gotten up to get my daughter or something, but for sure not taken that many steps!

On entering food, it won't let me add 1c milk....it does it in grams or milligrams, can anyone tell me how to change it to cup??

Jessica

I was a little surprised at how many steps we actually take, just walking downstairs, getting something to drink, feed the cats, then come back can get in at least that many.

Also, the display sometimes does have to "catch up", but I find mine is very accurate with steps.

I can't wait to get mine. :) I have a question though. When you wear it at night is it uncomfortable if you lay on your side? I'm a side sleeper and I don't want it interfering with my sleep.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.