Green Juices - woopwoop ;)

chammer

Cathlete
Ok... if I can ever figure out how to make juicing at home not take FOREVER I will probably be a life long convert :)

I recently overcame (in 3 days) a GNARLY cold that took my colleagues the better part of 10 days and I primarily attribute it to extensive daily juicing during that time - mostly green juices, but also radish (good for sinuses - and no kidding, it works for opening the sinuses and loosening congestion).

I've been preparing fresh predominantly green juices at home off and on for years and recommitted with the New Year to a more regular habit (at times replacing my now forgone coffee habit :p) and when I've done it consistently, it is nothing short of amazing.

Any one else enjoying green juices? Any long-term juicers have tips for making this an easier/more time-friendly/sustainable part of your day?

I've pre-washed and stored everything in advance - have multiple easy recipes in mind - use a high speed Breville (I know I know but I used a masticator and about lost my mind...I'd rather actually drink some juice than stare at my insanely cumbersome juicer in the cabinet :eek: ) and it still takes forever. I am persevering but if anyone has any brilliant wisdom to impart, I am ALL ears :)

I'm still sticking with it as the days I don't get fresh juice I definitely notice a difference now (maybe it's just guilt lol :rolleyes: ...don't think so though!!)

I have a ton of recipes I use and love and would be happy to post also if anyone is interested :)

To everyone's health :D

I love juicing! I have not done it for very long, but I have managed to do several juice fasts of varying length and I would probably do more of it if I didn't have a family that I still have to cook for. Doing both is very time consuming and tiring so it takes a lot of commitment on my part, which is why I haven't done it as regularly as I would like.
I have switched from an omega juicer to a Norwalk (super expensive) but the flavor is so much better and I don't have the hassle of dealing with more pulp than I like, that I think the investment was well worth it, besides, it gives you the best nutritional extraction of any juicer available on the market, also, the same amount of produce yields at least times and a half the juice that I used to get out of the omega. I didn't enjoy all veggie juices as much from the omega as I am enjoying them from the Norwalk.
As far as green juices go, I'm sure you are familiar with the kale lemonade? I love that one. I have to say I love using beet greens a lot in my juices as well. I have found a lot of juice recipes online, it's fun to experiment.

I have the Omega 8006 and am very pleased with it. It juices greens nicely and it is easy to clean. I don't do any juice fasting or feasting. I make juice when the urge strikes, or when I have greens in the fridge that need to be used. Some of the fruits & veggies that I juice include carrots, beets, apples, pears, pineapple, leafy greens (spinach, kale, collards, beet greens, Swiss chard, romaine, parsley, cilantro, mint), cucumber, lemon w/rind, lime, ginger, watermelon, and fennel. I use the citrus juicer for oranges and grapefruits. I love juice! :D

How come u cant use a reg blender? Maybe a stupid question but i dont tjink i can buy a juicer yet and im interested... But y not a blender? Is there a reason?

Renee, juice is different than a blended drink, BUT you could use a blender and then strain your juice thru a fine mesh sieve, cheesecloth, etc. HTH. :)

Lol well i was thinking wouldnt i get the same neutrients? It may have pulp.. But i dont know, id have to try a juicer i guess to see the difference.. .lol

Lol well i was thinking wouldnt i get the same neutrients? It may have pulp.. But i dont know, id have to try a juicer i guess to see the difference.. .lol

Hi Renee,

Juicers are great for if you want to get a high amount of vitamins and enzymes from fruits and vegetables, but don't want all that fiber. A lot of people can handle large amounts of fiber (50 grams or more) but many can't. A friend of mine has IBS and she has to stay below 25 grams of fiber per day. She has an industry strength juicer and has green juices every day. She is healthy and fit, rarely get sick, looks trim and youthful at almost 50, and you would never know that she has a digestive disorder.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.