greek yogurt

where can you find greek yogurt and coconut milk. these are two things jillian uses in her diet.

Greek yogurt (also called European yogurt) is in the yogurt/dairy section of most supermarkets. Fage is a popular brand, but it's pricey. Super for protein content, just be aware of the calorie content of the whole milk version. I get the 2% for our family. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, their versions are much less expensive.

Re: Coconut milk--is it coconut milk or coconut water that Jillian recommends? The coconut water I find the in the organic/health food section of my grocery store. Coconut milk--I'm not so sure as the canned version you find in the Asian food aisle is NOT healthy at all. I'm confident others will help you on this one. :)

There are 3 Greek yogurts that I've tried, and Fage 2% is by far the best (with 17 g protein!!) In my area, the single serving sizes are $1.99 at Whole foods and $1.79 at Super Target ($1.59 when on sale). Those are the only two places I can find it--the general grocery stores don't carry it here.

Yes, it's expensive when you compare it to Yoplait or Dannon for 50 cents, but the nutrition is so much better. You'll get 8 g carbs and 17 g protein in Fage 2% and no added sugar or chemicals, and in Yoplait or similar you'll get >20 g carbs and only 6 g protein. For protein, I also like 2% Knudsen cottage cheese (the only brand I like).

The other two I've tried are Voskos (sp?) and Oikos. Oikos is carried at Wal Mart and other grocery stores but to me the taste isn't worth the price difference (I think it's $1.39).

where can you find greek yogurt and coconut milk. these are two things jillian uses in her diet.

Also, the Costco's down here usually have a large container of Fage for a very good price - so you may be able to find it there . . .

Tami :)

Coconut milk--I'm not so sure as the canned version you find in the Asian food aisle is NOT healthy at all. I'm confident others will help you on this one. :)

Coconut milk and oil aren't unhealthy. They're high calorie and high fat and should be limited, but they are healthy.

I love the So Delicious Coconut milk (vanilla flavor especially). They also make coconut ice cream and yogurt. So good! :)

I buy my Fage at super stop and shop. Some of the stores don't carry it. I switched (or tried to anyway) at one point to Chobani because it's easier to find. That was a mistake. I know there are some that like it, but I think it's gritty and sour.

LOVE my coconut milk. Had it this morning with my shake and latte. No bloating or cravings!

I find mine at whole foods or Raleys. I get the UNSWEETENED version which really helps slash cravings and carbs:D

Are you referring to Jillian Michaels and which book. I'm looking for some new ideas in the nutrition department. Thanks

Oikos fat-free yogurt is so incredibly decadent, you would never know it's fat free . . . just 80 calories per 6 oz. I add a scoop of protein powder, makes for a delicious post-workout recovery snack.

Not sure where you are from, but on the east coast you can get it at the Acme or Giant Supermarkets. I think Wal-Mart carries it too.

I buy my Fage at super stop and shop. Some of the stores don't carry it. I switched (or tried to anyway) at one point to Chobani because it's easier to find. That was a mistake. I know there are some that like it, but I think it's gritty and sour.

Oh, did you try the Chobani with the fruit on the bottom? It's pretty tasty! I found mine at BJ's and they had a coupon, and they took my coupon. I like the Oikos, too (made by Stonyfield I think?) with the honey on the bottom. And I buy the 0% fat ones.

I make my own greek yogurt with my yogurt maker. I buy organic fat-free milk...make the yogurt and strain it. Its fantastic!

I make my own greek yogurt with my yogurt maker. I buy organic fat-free milk...make the yogurt and strain it. Its fantastic!

I do similar - though usually I cut the prep time by starting with organic plain yogurt instead of milk. The from-scratch batches have been the best, though. And much less expensive!

I've been getting the greek yogurt at super walmart. Although I don't know if it's just me, but I don't like it at all. If I were you, I'd get it with the honey or add honey to it. I only use it in smoothies so I don't taste it so much. It tastes kind of sour to me, more so than regular yogurt does. I've seen whole coconut at the super markets but not all year round. I'd ask the produce manager of your super market. - autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.