great product for kettlebell users

TexasLaura

Cathlete
I have recently discovered kettlebells and I LOVE them; however, they are very hard on my hands and I am developing callouses. I have just found this wonderful product called Dragon Skins. They are $19.99/pr including shipping and come in a variety of colors and sizes.

Go to this website to view the colors and order:
KettleBell Dragon Skins at Bonanza - Gloves, Sporting Goods

Hope this helps someone else!

Laura

Last edited:
You can also use ankle high athletic socks - cut off the foot part, and use the top bit as a sleeve to protect your hand.

Free. :)

Although I like the pink camo they have on the site.......

I have recently discovered kettlebells and I LOVE them; however, they are very hard on my hands and I am developing callouses. I have just found this wonderful product called Dragon Skins. They are $19.99/pr including shipping and come in a variety of colors and sizes.

Go to this website to view the colors and order:
KettleBell Dragon Skins at Bonanza - Gloves, Sporting Goods

Hope this helps someone else!

Laura

Hi Laura!
I just use my lifting gloves. :)
I think it's not recommended, though, but, I don't know why!
I use the lifting gloves so my hands don't get sore, also!

Linda,
I tried using lifting gloves but I felt like I couldn't "feel" the bell well enough-like it was going to slip out of my hands while I was transferring from hand-to-hand. I didn't feel like I had a secure grip. Maybe that is why?

Thanks Mspina for your idea of using socks on the arms for protection. I thought of your idea when I was going to throw out 3 pairs of socks, that the foot part was worn out but the leg part was still in good shape.

The 3 pairs had originally came from the same package, so were same leg length. After cutting them off, I I layered the 3 tops inside one another and sew the 3 tops and bottoms of the sock legs together. I worn them today for a kettlebell workout and loved them. I find it irritating when the bell hits my watch or occassionally my arm and this amount of cushioning was just right.

Somewhere I had read the sock feet are great dusting. I so I have saved to try out, needs to be done soon:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.