Great Glutes = DOMS

Cupcake

Cathlete
Hi,

So I finally managed to try Great Glutes yesterday. I have been slowly trying to get atleast 3 workouts in per week for the last 3 weeks. Haven't worked the lower body out since Fall.

My niece joined in and she walks regularly. About a 10K everyday. She was doing okay until we got to the part where you sumo squat to the side. Then she
uttered a ( bleep ), sat down on the rug and said her heart rate was up to her ears.

Later on she said she almost saw black and laughed and said " I guess walking doesn't do much huh?" She decided it was a wake up call as to how bad her cardio was ( she lifts quite heavy )

I didn't tell her that Cathe was quite kind in this video compared to her usual workouts. At least it seemed like it.

Today I've got DOMS. But I'm ten years older and out of shape but I finished Great Glutes and my niece didn't :) Heee heee heee.

I get DOMS in my hammies after GG Extreme...that barre work with the band is quite effective!

I get DOMS in my hammies after GG Extreme...that barre work with the band is quite effective!

You're right, this workout is intensely effective for the hamstrings. The best part is that there is no dread factor involved.

While I love Butts and Guts, I rarely do it because I feel like I'm going to keel over from muscle fatigue during the very first walking lunges into plie squats segment. The first exercise after the warm up, which shows you she's taking no prisoners. Then, she repeats the same thing two or three other times during the workout.

how did i manage to not know about great glutes? you've piqued my interest. DOMS, you say? sign me up for some (good) torture! haha

I also think that this one has the best "butt blaster"!!!! I sometimes only do my fav. parts of this dvd after another workout becaused I love it so much. My favs. are the butt blaster, hamstring with band and on the ball, and the inner thighs with the ball.

Cathe wrote me a rotation for Glutes

I finally ordered the missing DVD for it. Lower body Blast. Ordered it with the Gym Styles today so I'm excited to get it. I favor the traditional leg workouts like PS and Slow and Heavy but the workouts in the rotation were Butts and Guts, Lower body blasts, Legs and glutes and Xtrain Legs.

I just got Lean legs and abs and saw it is a companion to Great Glutes. I already have Butts and Guts, is there any reason to get GG?

GG has a much lower dread factor than B&G. In my opinion, it's equally as effective and there's much more of a fun factor (the segments don't seem endless, save for GG's final floorwork--pizza presses).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.