Got my Bosu...Yowzers!

slnewmanpt

Cathlete
I got my Bosu yesterday and thought, "I spent $129.00 for a half of a stability ball on a plastic base!?" Well, this this morning I thought I'd give it a whirl. I recently ordered Mindy's Awesome Strength DVD in which she utilizes the Bosu. I had done the workout before on my step and used my stability ball. Well, I'm here to tell ya, it's a whole different ball game on the Bosu! My legs were burnin'. :eek: I could feel every muscle being used. The ab work was equally as challenging.

Of course nothing will replace Cathe, but this is a fun change of pace. Now, I need to be really inventive and figure out how to incorporate the Bosu into my Cathe workouts. If anyone else has one, what do you guys mostly use it for? TIA!

Have a great weekend, all!! :7

Sherry http://www.gif-seite.de/vorschaubilder/smilies/laola.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/Peanut7

Sherry,
I just got an email that mine shipped yesterday and I have Awesome Strength as well. Am looking forward to having the BOSU!
Glad to hear you felt it was a good workout.

Sherry,
I don't know if you ever visit the videofitness site, but several people on that forum have discussed that they use their BOSU for simple step tapes. Someone mentioned that they had had done tapes like Step Reebok, Energy Sprint, and some of Cathe's older tapes like Step Heat and Step Max where the choreography was more straight forward. Now, just from what I've seen of the BOSU, that sounds challenging!

Also, other people mentioned that they substituted their BOSU for the step for upper and lower body work on various strength tapes.

Food for thought! I suppose there are many ways to incorporate this new toy!

Hi Kim!

A Bosu resembles a half of a stability ball on a plastic base. It offers an uneven surface which challenges all of your muscles in different ways. Here is a link that shows you several exercises that can be done on it. www.fitnessfirst.com. Click on products and type in Bosu. I did another workout on it yesterday, and boy, am I ever sore again. I think it's going to be a blast!! There are several new Bosu workouts at www.bosupro.com Another way to spend our hard earned money! }( HTH!

Sherry http://www.gif-seite.de/vorschaubilder/smilies/laola.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/Peanut7

Post under "Ask Cathe" and suggest that she have somebody demonstrating a BOSU option on some of her new workouts this summer.

Rhonda

Hi Sherry! Firstly let me tell you that you are one fit chick! Keep up the great work! I too have the Bosu and it really does take you to another level! There is soo much that you can do on the bosu~it is a really neat piece of equipment--does wonders for rehab, core stabilization, balance ,coordination , agility drills and much more! You can do anything on these :step workouts, kickboxing,crosscountry skiing(scissors),running, high knees up,plyos,jumping, many variations of lunges, you can really test the athlete in you on this sucker, on the other side it's fabulous for push ups,squat thrusts, yoga poses, and just sitting on it upside down is great for stretching! When you want to cool things down and just relax and still test your balance you sit on it indian style(flat side) and close your eyes and have happy thoughts of how hard you have worked in a very unique way! You'll wobble abit but that's the idea it really does make you have a mind body connection! That's what I love about it! It gives you body awareness and tests it everytime your on it! Some times the balance is right on and sometimes it's not, you can't beat yourself up though, you just get back on there and have fun and keep plugging! It's not like a video when you master it and get through it perfectly and then want to move on to another, with the bosu you'll be constantly challenged bringing all your muscle groups into action! It can be done with non bosu videos(some videos will have smaller moves since it is smaller in width) especially great for Cathe's intensity series drills-you may want to use a full step for the step versions and use the bosu for the agility drills(killer) You can do basic step moves on the bosu-v step on floor around bosu , hop turns, across the board, over and over,t-steps, Lsteps, heel toe,around the world, around the bosu :) pendulums etc just to give you some step ideas and the possibilites are endless for sport drills! It all depends on what your goals are and how much you would incorporate the bosu in your workouts! It does take workouts up a notch and can help anyone improve in many areas of their physical capabilities in fitness! I'm soo smitten with this sucker that I'll be attending a fitness conference in AC(AAAI) June 6,7,and 8th and I'm gonna get certified in BOSU! I'll let you know how I make out and I'll post any new moves for it too! Take care and Have fun!

Thanks for posting that Francine! I had the opportunity to meet Mindy Mylrea a couple of weeks ago and she said that though she does not endorse products, this was one product she thought was above all the rest and highly recommends it - that was what prompted me to go ahead and order it. And now, apparently my BOSU has arrived but I am traveling for business so won't be home to try it out for a couple of weeks. The waiting is killing me! But I'm glad to hear that it is as good as I hoped it would be. I am really looking forward to the new challenge this will bring!

Hey ladies, I just purchased a Bosu too! I am slowly incorporating it in my workouts and it kicks my tail! Just using it for simple step mixes makes my legs feel like jello! It is definitely worth the money.

Dawn :0)

Hi,

I received my BOSU this past friday and I'm so glad I bought it,
and immediately proceeded to give it a try and was surprised to find that it requires you to use your core region a lot in order to stay on top of the dome, also, the legs and buns get worked out a lot, I'm still sore.

I already tried Cathe's Step Heat and all I have to say is wow!!
I started sweating within 5 minutes into the workout and it was really challenging, it was a whole different workout intensity wise that is.

Let's hope Cathe introduces BOSU in her future videos, maybe next year...??

love it!!

Laura.
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.