Good Workout Songs

I just got the new Madonna CD...Confessions on a dance floor. There is a really good workout song called, "Push". Anyone here this song yet?

Some other good ones...

Determined.....by Mudvayne

Out of My Way.....by Seether

Please list some more so we can all get more ideas. Thanks!

Charlotte~~

My workout preference is for anything trance/electronica. Most of the time, I stream an internet station, etn.fm. I've also got a couple of iTunes mixes with stuff by Underworld, LCD Soundsystem, Fischerspooner, Gorillaz, Nine Inch Nails, Unkle, etc. I also love the Chemical Brothers Push the Button CD. Great beat.

It is funny cause what I listen to when I need a cardio mix is so not me......I mean my favorite bands are usually Celtic ones, along with Dave Matthews....but for cardio it has got to be loud and a little or a lot(depending on your perspective) bit raw. I am with Charlotte on this one.....here's some I added last night:
Walk and Rise by Pantera
I Will be Heard by Hatebreed

This music is so not me....but I love it when I am biking or on the treadmill....anything by Godsmack, Mudvayne...beware if you don't like explicit lyrics...the nice thing about Itunes is that you can get clean lyrics if you would rather not have the curse words. Hey, why is there no Tool on Itunes.....I was bumming about that.....

Donna

ps Thanks Carlotte I just added the two you like to my Ipod....

O.k don't think I am strange and I don't like heavy metal music but I have awesome song by AC/DC on my MP3 player.
Its "she shook me alnight long" but its a remix and it goes into about 5 other songs.Its my favorite running song right now.
I bought DH the Live 8 dvds for christmas and they are awesome to watch when on the threadmill.I have something to watch PLUS the music.Right now I am falling in love with the lead singer of Coldplay:9 :9 I didn't realize how much talent the UK as until I started watching this dvd.
Lori:)

Jesus Built My Hot Rod by Ministry
Stinkfist by Tool
Any hard German techno
Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk
Rammstein
Underworld

If you've ever listened to Maynard from Tool talk about how much he hates selling music on the internet, you'd understand why there's no Tool on iTunes;)

>Jesus Built My Hot Rod by Ministry
>Stinkfist by Tool
>Any hard German techno
>Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk
>Rammstein
>Underworld
>
>If you've ever listened to Maynard from Tool talk about how
>much he hates selling music on the internet, you'd understand
>why there's no Tool on iTunes;)

i like your playlist shelley LOL

for weights i go for some hard rock and metal but for cardio i have to have some techno/club. don't know why but i perform cardio so much better with dance type music but when doing weights on my own i just love to listen to my kind of music.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

You have no Tool????????? Oh, you must must must add some to your collection. Start with Aenima or Undertow. Lateralus is fantastic, more spiritual lyrically but just as hard. I could go on all day;)

just get every tool and perfect circle album. maynard is a beautiful singer/songwriter. i really admire all his work even though i think he may be a little "off" LOL

the lateralus eye was actually one of my planned tattoos. i wanted to get it on top of my foot. and i was actually thinking of getting the perfect circle logo on the other.

kassia

OMG Kassia, I was going to get the Lateralus eye as well!

Maynard is incredible. His lyrics are mind-blowing. And as far as I'm concerned, he's got the best voice in rock today. Chris Cornell runs a distant second. But Chris Cornell looks better;)

Stupify by Disturbed is a great weight lifting song...if you can keep from thrashing your head to the beat, that is.
:)

I used to work out to the Vision Quest and Lost Boys soundtracks, too. Great cardio-type music, but there are also some good songs with tempos perfect for ab work and lifting weights.

I'm a complete dinosaur when it comes to workout music. Nothing gets me going harder and faster than the Rolling Stones. "Monkey Man" and "Tumbling Dice" get my heart rate soaring!

-Nancy

>Stupify by Disturbed is a great weight lifting song...if you
>can keep from thrashing your head to the beat, that is.
>:)
>
>I used to work out to the Vision Quest and Lost Boys
>soundtracks, too. Great cardio-type music, but there are also
>some good songs with tempos perfect for ab work and lifting
>weights.
>
>
ah yes disturbed i have the new one but haven't had a chance to listen yet. very intense stuff especially the last album.

kassia

>I'm a complete dinosaur when it comes to workout music.
>Nothing gets me going harder and faster than the Rolling
>Stones. "Monkey Man" and "Tumbling Dice" get my heart rate
>soaring!
>
>-Nancy
just made me think of a workout i have with his ex-wife jerry hall. its a supposely yoga workout but i can't help but seeing mick do this strut singing "start me up...,you make a grown man cry" LOL.

kassia

Toasty -

I have Determined by Mudvayne on my MP3 player which I use for running. I also have various songs by Static-X, Slipknot, and Damage Plan. It's a good mix of songs to help me run fast when I don;t feel like it.

I like to crank Collective Soul's 7 year itch CD when I'm running, the music motivates me and keeps me focussed. P.O.D. Boom is an awesome workout song and I second Chemical Brothers, especially Galvanize. I've been teaching BodyPump for a few years and been exposed to some awesome techno by artists like Bomfunk MC, Ian Van Dahl and E-Type. It amazes me that I can get so into music that I wouldn't otherwise listen to when working out. It's all about the beat baby!

Take Care
Laurie:)

>Kassia-
>A Jerry Hall workout? Ew. Yup, Start Me Up is great too!
yeah it was called Yogacize. its the most horrible yoga workout ever but it was part of a colletion of dvds i got and i really don't want to give up the whole collection. i use it as more of a stretch when i don't feel like doing any of the other videos i have,but i haven't done it in soooooo long.

kassia

Laurie,

Yes, Collective Soul has some good ones too! I love them also, but I have listened to their older songs so much that I am bored with it for now. Your right though, it is all about the beat though...just keep moving!!!!!! LOL

Charlotte~~

Oh my. I haven't heard of any of these people. I can't remember the last time I bought new music. I'm still an 80's fan. For weights, I really like working out to Def Leppard - good heavy beat on their music. Also have a couple of AC/DC songs - "You shook me all night long" was mentioned earlier. Also, "Who Made Who" is excellent! Cinderella has some good stuff too, bless their drugged-out little souls.

For cardio - if I'm not doing Cathe, then I'm running, and I like to run without music. Heck, sometimes I do weights without music, too. It's a nice change.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.