Good Pilates DVD's?

CassBHealy

Cathlete
I am officially hooked on Cathe but am now looking for a good Pilates Mat DVD to balance out my weight training and cardio. From what I can see on this site, Cathe does not have one.

Can anyone recommend a quality Pilates DVD that would be worth purchasing?

also, I would love to hear feedback from anyone who has seen a real change in their body after doing Pilates for a while. I have heard a lot of amazing things, but am slow to trust that it can be that amazing!

Thanks everyone!
Cass

I absolutely love Karen Voight's abs and back pilates. It depends what you are doing pilates for. I have found it has strengthened my back and core and flattened my tummy some. It didn't happen overnight though, and I still have some work to do. But I have noticed some change in about 6-8 weeks of doing this dvd approximately twice a week. I also do one or two of cathes ab work segments a week when I do PUB, PLB or MM.
I also want to add that you have to really focus on technique with Pilates and do it well each and every exercise cause they aren't long and repititous.
http://www.picturetrail.com/luckeelaydee

Paula

MTV Mix is my favorite--it takes your basic pilates moves & shakes them up a bit, very creative & fun. Ana Caban's pilates for abs is another favorite, it really makes me burn. :p

I've been doing pilates for about a year & a half & have definitely noticed a difference. It hasn't necessarily given me more cut in my abs as most people will tell you, but it's made other parts of my workouts so much better. When I do things like squats, pullups, etc. I can literally feel my core lifting the weight. I don't know if it's b/c pilates strengthened my core or if it's b/c it's increased my core awareness, but it's been a very valuable addition to my routine.

i love denise austin she is good she is tough and very nice i didnt do the pilates many times but i have noticed a change in my body since the 2nd time i did it.it wasnt something big the way i stand was taller my stonach was more tight.if your body respond fast to changes u will see the change very fast.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.