good morning Cathletes

Hi Heather! You just had a full STS rotation followed by 8 weeks of more strength workouts. I think doing a month of muscle endurance will be a nice change for your body. Don't feel cornered into only doing the full body muscle endurance workouts. Yes, you can if you want, but you can also split it up and do upper body blast premixes along with lower body blast premixes. Or do Leaner Legs and Body Max 2 upper body weights at the end. Lots of endurance options for you. Changing your routine and having recovery time factored in is what will play a big role in your endurance phases progress. Good Luck!

Hi Cathe. My question is about switching back to some of the muscle endurance workouts. After STS I wanted to continue with the strength and muscle building (building on my gains from STS). I am about to be finished with an 8 week rotation where I used S&H, GS, PS, and discs from Meso 2. I was basically doing 1-2 muscle groups at a time, really focusing on the muscle and increasing my weights. I think I would like to go back to some of the muscle endurance workouts for a month. Would you recommend doing these twice a week or try ting to continue going heavier and only doing once a week? Not sure if I should attempt to separate the exercises out by muscle group and double up (for example, just do chest from PH twice) or do full body. I guess there are so many options I never thought of!

Thanks,
Heather

I'm so sorry to hear of your injury Bridget. Please take care of yourself. I'll always have future events for us to sweat it out together. You are a well oiled cardio machine Bridget. Yes, of course your first three or four workouts might feel like you've had the wind knocked out of you, but your long time stamina of working out will kick in and fight back after that....it always wins ;) Happy healing and please don't rush back until you are given the green light :)

Hey Cathe! I finally caught you, couldn't be because I'm layed up sitting on the couch with my foot up. lol. Anyway, I'm so sad I can't go to Daytona, once I made the decision I was so pumped. So take lots of pictures and have lots of fun! Se ya next time! Is it true that it only take two weeks to start to lose what cardio you've built up?

Bridget

I'm sorry to hear of your injury Beth. It is very frustrating to have those come and go pains. Smart moveon laying off push ups, and also lay off anything else that reactivates that pain. You most likely have strained a muscle and when this muscle is in demand to perform an exercise it lets you know i is not healed yet. Eventually it will go away but everytime it has a set back it could take longer so really try to key into what aggravates it and stay away from that for a couple of weeks. Also, take warm epsom salt baths, stretch the area daily and see if a qualified massage therapist can break up some scar tissue in this injured area. Good Luck...

Hi Cathe! Not sure you'll know how to answer this, but I'm going to give it a shot. I did your August rotation, and in that last week where we did STS Meso 3, I went too heavy on a chest press and did something to my shoulder/upper back. I laid off it a couple of weeks, jumped in with a lighter workout, but it included pushups, and made it sorer than ever. So, I've been laying off since Sept. 10th, but how long do I wait? I'm itching to get back -- the soreness is gone, but it was before, too..... do you know how I can know when to get back to it? I'm going to stay away from pushups for a while, I'll tell you that!

thanks!!

-Beth

Hi Maria! I can understand your anticipation or all of these answers. I would want to know too. The reason for the delay in the info is simply because we don't have this info confirmed yet. I don't want to be wishy washy with an answer so I feel it is best to just wait until I really know. I can't rush certain processes so I don't have those answers for you just yet. But as soon as I do, getting that info to you is at the very top of my priority list. Thank you for your patience :)

Hi Cathe!! Hope you are doing well. I have the same questions as everyone else, it appears, how are Shock Cardio rehearsals coming along? Any info on the MMA workouts yet? And how much longer until we have info on the othe Cathe Road Trip Tour venues - Chicago in particular. Thanks!! And a big THANK YOU for all you do!! I can't wait to do STS again once Shock Cardio is ready - oops one more question - will you be structuring two rotations 3 1/2 and 6 months with Shock Cardio - do you recommend one over the other? Thanks again! You're the best!!

Maria

Thanks for the reply, Cathe! I have been doing lots of stretching and yoga, and that seems to help. Have to add those epsom salt baths back in -- that helped when I was going through the STS round.

Hi Maria! I can understand your anticipation or all of these answers. I would want to know too. The reason for the delay in the info is simply because we don't have this info confirmed yet. I don't want to be wishy washy with an answer so I feel it is best to just wait until I really know. I can't rush certain processes so I don't have those answers for you just yet. But as soon as I do, getting that info to you is at the very top of my priority list. Thank you for your patience :)

I totally understand. Thanks for your response.

Maria

I love to hear this Becky! Good for you. You look great in this picture too and I bet you are unbelievaly fit! Keep shocking it. The tower will make a huge difference. Enjoy it!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU Cathe ! I got my tower and it's awesome !!!
I appreciate your awesome presales and always take advantage of them.
Am also very excited about starting STS over with the tower and the addition of Shock Cardio .
I don't know how you do all you do , but I sure am grateful !!!!!
I am a year older than you, and receiving more compliments on my body (and workouts!) than I ever have in my life !!

Becky

Hi Angie! Try Meso 2 of STS for one month followed by one month of Gym Style workouts. Have fun on your cruise.

Hi Cathe (I never seem to catch you on these days since I'm in France and the time zone thing is weird!)...

Anyway, I'm patiently awaiting STS cardio! I can't wait to see your new stuff!

I'm going to be finishing up the 60 day insanity rotation in the next couple of weeks (I've missed your smiling face) and while it has burned off a lot of my body fat, I am wanting to build some lean muscle mass in the next couple of months. I'm going on a cruise over New Year's for my 30th birthday and my goal has always been to be in the best shape of my life. I am a "skinny" girl (5'3", 123 lbs or so) but don't have a ton of tone. What would you recommend I do for the last 6 weeks or so to give my muscles (particularly my UB) some pop?

Thanks so much for all you do!

angie

Hi Traci! Try not to over think it. For my version (vertical), just pull your body up in a natural smooth groove using full range of motion. When you feel you have pulled up as naturally high as possible, your'e in...:)

For horizontal pull ups, bring your body up so that the bar lines up right across the mid chest line :)

Have fun!

Hi Cathe! I am so excited to start using my tower today! THANK YOU A HUNDERED TIMES OVER!

Form ?: When doing a pull or chin is the bar suppose to be in front of the shoulders or as close to parallel as possible? Also will there be a CatheTV segment on form- various positions-uses for this awesome contraption that I am addicted to using?

Have a GREAT Daytona kickoff!

Hi Tami...If you feel you need to drop the weight because you can't physically complete it, then yes, go down in weight. If you CAN physically handle the weight with good form, leave the weight as is. Good Luck!

Good Morning Cathe,

Quick ? for ya. I am working on meso 2 this month, thi sis week 3. Today I did Chest,shoulders & tri's. With all those sets on the first round for each body part is it ok to drop the weight down from what I have used for those particular exercises in the previous weeks? (I did :rolleyes:)

I am really enjoying it. Especially the legs, I can see gains from those love/hate plate exercises! :D

Thanks & have a super 1st day of fall!
Tami

Thanks for all of your questions. I'm sorry if I didn't have time to get to yours. I will go back later if I get the time today.

Make the day rock! :D

Travel Fit

We are rehearsing travel fit for a jumping breather tonight.

Happy first day of fall, Cathe! After reading your description of Travel Fit, I am so looking forward to this workout (and Step Moves)! Will you please share Travel Fit rehearsal pictures? Have fun tonight! Hugs! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hi Workoutaholic! You can do Meso 2 for a second time, after that the body needs to do some other form of weight training (meaning other than hypertrophy) to let the hypertrophy benefits take hold. Then when it has had a break from it, hit it again and see how wonderful your body responds. Have fun!

Hi Cathe! I was wondering about muscle growth and STS...if your main goal is hypertrophy, should you keep doing Meso 2 over and over (increasing your weights each round), or should you do STS as designed? Thanks!

Hi Gail! There are a few ways to group these as you know but here are ones I might choose:

Back:
Wide grip Barbell Bent Row/Pull Down (or pull up)

Chest:
Incline Dumbbell Fly/Flat Bench Press

Shoulders:
Standing lateral raise/ Seated Dumbbell Press

Triceps:
V-Bra push down/Lying EZ bar extension

Biceps:
Incline Dumbbell Curl/Barbell Preacher curl

Good Luck!

Hi, Cathe! Happy Tuesday! Are you getting excited for Daytona??? I hope rehearsals are going well and that you're kicking the crew's patootie.....so that you ALL can turn around and kick OURS!

Quick question for you, if you don't mind, and IF you have a quick minute (I'm headed out the door so I'll have to wait to see your answer). If you had to pick just 2 exercises for each upper body part to work on super sets, what would they be??? I'm currently doing a Body For Life rotation and want to change up my pyramids, but I can't decide which 2 moves to use for each (UB) body part.

Sorry to hit and run!!!!!!!! Enjoy your Tuesday and OFF I GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gayle

Hi Cathe!!!!!

Is Cathe here in the forums????
Hi Cathe I just wanted to said hello. I don't have any question for now.
Ok Maybe one I was watching women bodybuilders and I was wondering if have you ever have compete in one of this bodybuilders show?

Yes, Worsenemy! I did one show many moons ago. My first and last. The experience was wonderful but the lifestyle is just not for me. I may decide to try a show/competition somewhere down the road (whether it be fitness, figure, or bodybuilding) just to give me a new goal to reach but it isn't something that I will do continuously as it is very demanding and I don't have the time to devote to it.

Hi Workoutaholic! You can do Meso 2 for a second time, after that the body needs to do some other form of weight training (meaning other than hypertrophy) to let the hypertrophy benefits take hold. Then when it has had a break from it, hit it again and see how wonderful your body responds. Have fun!

Thank you so much Cathe! Very good to know...have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.