Good eating challenge June 2nd

Tallchick

Cathlete
I am sick (got the Rx's last night) so I am giving myself a break for eating those white bread rolls. For the first time in my life I didn't feel like eating. But get this----I ate three apples yesterday. I don't even like apples. Although I ate something with lots of fiber and vitamins, I am not willing to have this infection just to eat apples. Where are the bananas?
I am hoping to feel better today so that I can stop myself from eating bad things and be able to post that I was good for a day (ha!)

Everyone have a good day, and stay away from the ice-cream!!

Megadoo, you are most certainly welcome to join us. The more the merrier and since I am ill, can you eat extra good for me?

An apple a day! Keeps the pushups away!
Kate has had three apples to-day!

Good thing you didn't have bananas, or I wouldn't have been able to write that witty lick.

Well, I hope you feel better. That really sucks not to have an appetite.

I ate very clean today...today was my high calorie day so I treated myself to an extra smoothie (raw oatmeal, frozen fruit, whey powder, soymilk). :9

How's everyone doing?

So August, do you think that if apples can keep the push-ups away, I can eat 46 of them per day by next May and still qualify?
What would be harder, eating Golden Delicious or Rome (the worst of apples) or doing all the push-ups.......that will take some thought.

I'm so glad you wrote that Rome is a type of apple - if you hadn't, I'd have wondered if the fever got you. I don't think I've ever had Rome apple, but if it's the worst of apples, it must be mushy.

I wonder which is more red. A red apple, or my face after I do my set of pushups. x(

Thanks for the invite Tallchick!!
SO FAR I have done great. I even resisted McDonalds twicew today. I am eating turkey soup right now, real tasty.
I will let you know how I do after dinner!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/159/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

So far today has been pretty good for me. Only bad thing I've had was a fat free pudding. I've decided I have to stay away from the chocolate, but I can't give everything up at once!

My plan for the day is working so far, I still have grapes left for my snack and I just have to decide on what I'll have for my "dessert" after supper. Dessert is a habit my mother ingrained in me. It's been the hardest thing to break - I got down from eating six high fat, high cal cookies a night to just my one fiber cookie. Now it's time to give up the cookie altogether.

Kate, I hope you feel better soon. It's weird how when you're sick you eat things you wouldn't normally eat. And for me, eating 46 apples of any type would be tougher than the pushups. Which reminds me, I need to check in over at the pushup challenge.

Maeghan - Way to go resisting McDonalds!

August - wow, you really do eat clean!

Hi gals. Can I join you on this checkin? My eating has been off for a while. I wouldn't say I eat clean - not sure I ever could - but I try to eat healthy. My downfall has been the time after work and before dinner. I try to pick healthy snax, but sometimes I just don't want the carrots or apples. Or, I'll eat an apple and then pull out the pretzel bag anyway! Evening seem to trigger my brain into continuous eating. I think it's because due to the nature of my job, I only eat at designated times during the day. So, long story long, i'd appreciate any suggestions.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/43886025.gif:) :)

Hiya!

Yes, please do join in with us! I'm August. I've been trying out the BFFM thing, so I've been eating cleaner than a baby's bottom in the last 4 weeks :eek: .

Well, a clean baby's bottom, that is ;) .

As for suggestions for you......well, the first one that came to mind reading your post was, don't keep a pretzel bag with you! :7

Are you snacking because you're hungry or just out of habit, do you think?

You might look into a snack that has protein in it - that would hold you better until your next meal. Maybe yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, soy nuts...something along that line? Perhaps some nuts?

Eating at designated times during the day is now my middle name. I do 5 mini-meals a day like clockwork to keep my metabolism at its best. So say if you have work and have lunch at noon and dinner at 6, try squeezing in a mid-lunch around 3pm. You'll of course want to start off with your breakfast, and then end with another mini meal around 9pm. You might try to make sure that you have some protein at each meal...

All that being said, and with all my balanced meals and meal timing.....to tell you the truth, I'm sort of hungry x( . I've been writing down what I eat and when to eat it, and just the writing it down has totally kept me on track, even though I might feel some pangs of hunger now and then. Oddly enough, my hunger is for healthy foods and not evil ones, so that's a really great change for me.

Look forward to hearing more about you!

Hi PHYLLIS!! A familiar face...with a similar problem!!

Can I pop in on this too?

I'm also never a completely CLEAN eater , but I do try to eat healthy.

Since Memorial Day weekend though I've been eating like a junk food junkie!
TOO MUCH ICE CREAM ( a trigger food for me) and snacks like last night, salted peanuts and pretzels!!!

I've gotten into a habit of snacking at night while watching TV- mindless eating which I don't even ENJOY because I'm barely aware of what I'm eating until I look down and see a half emtpy_____ (fill in the blank here- could be bag of chips, carton of ice cream....WHATEVER!!):eek: :(

I NEED to be held accountable so maybe this will help.

Nice to meet you all, now I'm going to go eat......NO! I meant workout!!
Time to do Supersets- Upperbody Blast!!

Breakfast was Heart Healthy Blend cereal with sliced strawberries on it. Might have a fruit protein smoothie after my workout.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!:D

Thanks for the suggestions August. I eat the minute I pop in the door from work because I'm hungry. So, you may be right, I just need to pick a healthier snack and control the portion. I have 3 kids, so I have all sorts of stuff in the house that's not so good for me.

Becky, i'm so with you on the ice cream thing. I haev a hard time resisting. I try not to keep any inthe house, so if I have some it has to be thought out. Sometimes, it doesn't seem worth the trouble, so I skip it and boy that feels great. But I love soft serve and when the whole fam wants to go the the custard stand, I feel the pressure!

Well, I am going to eat now as I just completed ME. I plan on oatmeal, with splenda and cinnamin and a little vanilla soy milk.

Talk to you later.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/43886025.gif

Am wondering if I might be able to join in with this discussion, as well, as I am very mindful of my diet and everything that goes in my mouth.

Only thing is that although I watch what I eat very closely -- I eat very differently from almost anyone else that I know. Eat almost all raw products, raw cheeses and milk, if you can get it, raw kefir and salads. Also I soak all of my grains overnight or ferment them overnight because all grains contain phytates or other anti-nutrients that inhibit the absorbtion of minerals or block enzymes. Soaking them overnight starts the digestive process and gets rid of these anti-nutrients. As an aside, in the long ago past, oatmeal packages used to advise the user to soak their grains overnight.

Also on weekends I make my own stock for soups -- cooking the meat and bones for 24 hours or more -- because all the nutrients from the bones leek into the broth -- and so in all my cooked foods, that broth goes into everything. Although I'm mindful of my weight, health is also important to me -- and after my brother-in-law had cancer about 1 1/2 years ago, I read everything I could on foods and nutrition and completely changed the way I cook forever.

Don't eat anything processed at all, and I eat many fermented foods, as well. And absolutely no sugar of any kind except for raw honey or the sweet herb, stevia -- also no processed "sweetners" as many of these are chemicals that have many side effects, including splenda, which, if you research it, will find that its chemical composition is closest to that of a pesticide.

Am afraid because I eat so differently that my comments or suggestions might not be needed or wanted, and if so, please let me know.

:7

Hi, Karen,

Of course, you're very welcome to join in! I eat tons of raw fish :p !

And if the change in your preparing and eating foods after having gone through that experience with your BIL's cancer is working for you (and not controling you - not to imply that it is, it just indeed is a unique way to me)...then why the heck not!

:)

Thanks for your comments. Actually, we do a lot of shopping online and at Whole Foods or Wild Oats or other Health Food Stores. It's a bit more kitchen time, I must admit, but our foods are nutrient dense nowadays, which is important to us.

Stevia is my main sweetner, and it did take some getting used to and alot of experimentation to get it right in recipes. But it's been a couple of years now and I have it pretty well down now.

I guess we prepare our foods more like our grandmothers did before the advent of the industrial age. It does take a bit more kitchen time, but it's well worth it to us. (Us meaning my husband, brother-in-law and me) -- and we all share that kitchen time, since we all work.:)

Have a great one.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.